Skip to content

Someone tell me about our DB situation

The Browns Board
21 11 536
  • @the-gipper said:

    One question to ask:   How many DBs do you think will this team carry?   I assume they will go 2 deep and carry at least 8....plus maybe 1 or 2 more?   For depth and special teams?

    I've mentioned it before, but the changes to the kick offs this year will warrant teams carrying the final roster spots to "speedsters" instead of the traditional TE, DL, etc. As it stands now I'm expecting 10 guys from the DB position to make the roster and being made up with only 3 TE's (Cajuste to PS), no FB (Vitale has been hurt),  9 DL (Orchord odd man out?) and 3 RB's with Dayes odd man out. I could also see 9 DB's on the roster with a guy like Dayes taking the final spot for the same reason.

    As for the overall unit, a lot more veteran solid experience out there which aids a lot. I think E.J. Gaines is going to impress as well.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I've mentioned it before, but the changes to the kick offs this year will warrant teams carrying the final roster spots to "speedsters" instead of the traditional TE, DL, etc. As it stands now I'm expecting 10 guys from the DB position to make the roster and being made up with only 3 TE's (Cajuste to PS), no FB (Vitale has been hurt),  9 DL (Orchord odd man out?) and 3 RB's with Dayes odd man out. I could also see 9 DB's on the roster with a guy like Dayes taking the final spot for the same reason.

    As for the overall unit, a lot more veteran solid experience out there which aids a lot. I think E.J. Gaines is going to impress as well.

    Agree on all.

    Zombo

  • @the-gipper said:

    One question to ask:   How many DBs do you think will this team carry?   I assume they will go 2 deep and carry at least 8....plus maybe 1 or 2 more?   For depth and special teams?

    I've mentioned it before, but the changes to the kick offs this year will warrant teams carrying the final roster spots to "speedsters" instead of the traditional TE, DL, etc. As it stands now I'm expecting 10 guys from the DB position to make the roster and being made up with only 3 TE's (Cajuste to PS), no FB (Vitale has been hurt),  9 DL (Orchord odd man out?) and 3 RB's with Dayes odd man out. I could also see 9 DB's on the roster with a guy like Dayes taking the final spot for the same reason.

    As for the overall unit, a lot more veteran solid experience out there which aids a lot. I think E.J. Gaines is going to impress as well.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I've mentioned it before, but the changes to the kick offs this year will warrant teams carrying the final roster spots to "speedsters" instead of the traditional

    Took the  words right off the ends of my fingers...

    Restrictions on blocking... no running starts... acceleration is at a premium, bulk is not.

  • Our CBs are MUCH better across the board. This removed the need for a deep, deep, "angel" deep safety and allows for a closer, "traditional" deep safety. This is because Williams has more confidence in the CBs to not get beat. 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I've mentioned it before, but the changes to the kick offs this year will warrant teams carrying the final roster spots to "speedsters" instead of the traditional

    Took the  words right off the ends of my fingers...

    Restrictions on blocking... no running starts... acceleration is at a premium, bulk is not.

    @tour2ma said:

    Took the  words right off the ends of my fingers...

    Restrictions on blocking... no running starts... acceleration is at a premium, bulk is not.

    From Darwin, evolution or slowly die out.

  • Our CBs are MUCH better across the board. This removed the need for a deep, deep, "angel" deep safety and allows for a closer, "traditional" deep safety. This is because Williams has more confidence in the CBs to not get beat. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Our CBs are MUCH better across the board. This removed the need for a deep, deep, "angel" deep safety and allows for a closer, "traditional" deep safety. This is because Williams has more confidence in the CBs to not get beat. 

    Yes, and lets hope that confidence is rewarded.

  • Darrius Randall getting a second opinion on injured knee but everyone seems to say he'll be "fine".

    https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/8/28/17792672/cleveland-browns-damarious-randall-second-opinion-injured-knee

    Zombo

  • I think they want Ward to be a lockdown corner and maybe he will be but if he was right now they wouldn’t be so reliant on zone coverage.  They are purposefully practicing man coverage because it needs so much work.

  • I think they want Ward to be a lockdown corner and maybe he will be but if he was right now they wouldn’t be so reliant on zone coverage.  They are purposefully practicing man coverage because it needs so much work.

    @baconhound said:

    I think they want Ward to be a lockdown corner and maybe he will be but if he was right now they wouldn’t be so reliant on zone coverage.  They are purposefully practicing man coverage because it needs so much work.

    download.jpeg.66a34ffde66f0ff3035ffb6f6197efb4.jpeg

  • @baconhound said:

    I think they want Ward to be a lockdown corner and maybe he will be but if he was right now they wouldn’t be so reliant on zone coverage.  They are purposefully practicing man coverage because it needs so much work.

    download.jpeg.66a34ffde66f0ff3035ffb6f6197efb4.jpeg

    @tiamat63 said:

    download.jpeg.66a34ffde66f0ff3035ffb6f6197efb4.jpeg

    Ed Zackary!

  • @baconhound said:

    I think they want Ward to be a lockdown corner and maybe he will be but if he was right now they wouldn’t be so reliant on zone coverage.  They are purposefully practicing man coverage because it needs so much work.

    download.jpeg.66a34ffde66f0ff3035ffb6f6197efb4.jpeg

    @tiamat63 said:

    download.jpeg.66a34ffde66f0ff3035ffb6f6197efb4.jpeg

    Gone total Retard?

    Edit note:  I had actually typed in "S-t-o-c-k-t-o-n S-h-o-r-t-s"....and it autocorrected to Retard.   Is this board funny, or what?