Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Terry Pluto - Josh Gordon & lottery tickets.......

Terry Pluto - Josh Gordon & lottery tickets.......

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
13 Posts 8 Posters 556 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
    • 18k Posts
    • 4k Reputation
    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #1
    shareshttps://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/08/cleveland_browns_how_to_view_j.html#incart_big-photo

    By Terry Pluto, The Plain Dealer

    [email protected]

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Nearly every day, fans ask me, "How will the Browns do?"

    Then they ask about Josh Gordon.

    Both are tough questions to answer.

    But this much I do know: The Browns can't attach their hopes for success this season to Gordon.

    It's not about being unfeeling or wishing ill for Gordon.

    It's about the reality of a talented young man who has battled addictions and played only 10 games in the last four years.

    Ten games...

    In four years... ........continued in link........ 

    GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
      • 18k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      Honest and fair assessment by Pluto or not? 

      And we all know what happens to MOST lottery tickets. 🤔

      GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
      gumby73G 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 23k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        And Pluto has recognized that Ratley just may be one of those late round steals that start as a lottery ticket but somehow against the odds, hits.

        OrionO 1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • T TexasAg1969

          And Pluto has recognized that Ratley just may be one of those late round steals that start as a lottery ticket but somehow against the odds, hits.

          Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 9k Posts
          • 4k Reputation
          OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @texasag1969 said:

          And Pluto has recognized that Ratley just may be one of those late round steals that start as a lottery ticket but somehow against the odds, hits.

          I'd also  be interested in watching #84, Willies.  Saw a highlight of him running a very nice out pattern, making the catch and turning up-field very smoothly.

          BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
          gumby73G 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • mjp28M mjp28

            Honest and fair assessment by Pluto or not? 

            And we all know what happens to MOST lottery tickets. 🤔

            gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 11k Posts
            • 4k Reputation
            gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @mjp28 said:

            Honest and fair assessment by Pluto or not? 

            And we all know what happens to MOST lottery tickets. 🤔

            a $20 'scratch' off ticket maybe a better term with better odds.. 

            Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
            mjp28M 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • OrionO Orion

              @texasag1969 said:

              And Pluto has recognized that Ratley just may be one of those late round steals that start as a lottery ticket but somehow against the odds, hits.

              I'd also  be interested in watching #84, Willies.  Saw a highlight of him running a very nice out pattern, making the catch and turning up-field very smoothly.

              gumby73 gumby73G Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 11k Posts
              • 4k Reputation
              gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
              #6

              @orion said:

              I'd also  be interested in watching #84, Willies.  Saw a highlight of him running a very nice out pattern, making the catch and turning up-field very smoothly.

              am guessing Willies & Ratley fill #5/#6 at WR position--WR Board should clear to PS with some return skills if needed..love the hands & 6'4" frame on Willies

              Browns & Buffett: Got to go fishin, Down to rock bottom again, with just a few Friends Team Brotherhood-"It's not about You,Me or I. It's about building We"..Hue Jackson
              1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • gumby73G gumby73

                @mjp28 said:

                Honest and fair assessment by Pluto or not? 

                And we all know what happens to MOST lottery tickets. 🤔

                a $20 'scratch' off ticket maybe a better term with better odds.. 

                mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                • 18k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
                #7

                @gumby73 said:

                a $20 'scratch' off ticket maybe a better term with better odds.. 

                Since I've always been a numbers guy, economics minor undergraduate and finance major for my MBA but I've always liked numbers......including gaming.

                On scratch offs the odds of winning anything including just  $1 are generally about 1:4 against you depending on the game, the big jackpots up to 10,000,000 : 1 against again depending on the game.

                I've seen experiments where people or groups bet $100 in scratch offs and generally win from $20 to $25, kind of what they tell you going in.

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Now draft picks or trades what are the odds a first round or last round pick ends up being even on the 53 or a starter or pro bowl player much less a hall of fame player.

                I'm sure somebody could run those numbers.....maybe our Gipper? (I'm busy now watching the Young & the Restless. 😆 )

                GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • mjp28M mjp28

                  @gumby73 said:

                  a $20 'scratch' off ticket maybe a better term with better odds.. 

                  Since I've always been a numbers guy, economics minor undergraduate and finance major for my MBA but I've always liked numbers......including gaming.

                  On scratch offs the odds of winning anything including just  $1 are generally about 1:4 against you depending on the game, the big jackpots up to 10,000,000 : 1 against again depending on the game.

                  I've seen experiments where people or groups bet $100 in scratch offs and generally win from $20 to $25, kind of what they tell you going in.

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  Now draft picks or trades what are the odds a first round or last round pick ends up being even on the 53 or a starter or pro bowl player much less a hall of fame player.

                  I'm sure somebody could run those numbers.....maybe our Gipper? (I'm busy now watching the Young & the Restless. 😆 )

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @mjp28 said:

                  Since I've always been a numbers guy, economics minor undergraduate and finance major for my MBA but I've always liked numbers......including gaming.

                  On scratch offs the odds of winning anything including just  $1 are generally about 1:4 against you depending on the game, the big jackpots up to 10,000,000 : 1 against again depending on the game.

                  I've seen experiments where people or groups bet $100 in scratch offs and generally win from $20 to $25, kind of what they tell you going in.

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  Now draft picks or trades what are the odds a first round or last round pick ends up being even on the 53 or a starter or pro bowl player much less a hall of fame player.

                  I'm sure somebody could run those numbers.....maybe our Gipper? (I'm busy now watching the Young & the Restless. 😆 )

                  Actually, I think the odds on the scratch offs...even for a $1 winner are now much more than one if 4.  They used to be 1 in 4, but no more. I say that they are now more like 1 in 8 or 10.   That is my recent experience.  But, maybe I will have to run that experiment someday when/if I am ever flush with cash.  Buy $100.00 worth of 1 and 2 dollar tickets.

                  And  no, I ain't runnin' your numbers.  You are the economics, finance guy.  

                  DieHardBrownsFanD 1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Ghoolie GhoolieG One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 2k Posts
                    • 1k Reputation
                    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Bunch of Poosies. Play the fahking guy. FInd out what he can and can do. WTF are going to do, talk about this bullschidt all fahking year long?

                     Hey yeah, let's talk about how good Joe Thomas was, even though he never improved a single offensive statistic. 

                    Idiots.

                    The Cleveland Browns have the hardest hit players in the NFL
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • Ghoolie GhoolieG One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 2k Posts
                      • 1k Reputation
                      GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      This just in, 

                      Jack Lambert will be putting a dress on Josh Gordon and any Browns fans he comes across.

                      The Cleveland Browns have the hardest hit players in the NFL
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • The GipperT The Gipper

                        @mjp28 said:

                        Since I've always been a numbers guy, economics minor undergraduate and finance major for my MBA but I've always liked numbers......including gaming.

                        On scratch offs the odds of winning anything including just  $1 are generally about 1:4 against you depending on the game, the big jackpots up to 10,000,000 : 1 against again depending on the game.

                        I've seen experiments where people or groups bet $100 in scratch offs and generally win from $20 to $25, kind of what they tell you going in.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                        Now draft picks or trades what are the odds a first round or last round pick ends up being even on the 53 or a starter or pro bowl player much less a hall of fame player.

                        I'm sure somebody could run those numbers.....maybe our Gipper? (I'm busy now watching the Young & the Restless. 😆 )

                        Actually, I think the odds on the scratch offs...even for a $1 winner are now much more than one if 4.  They used to be 1 in 4, but no more. I say that they are now more like 1 in 8 or 10.   That is my recent experience.  But, maybe I will have to run that experiment someday when/if I am ever flush with cash.  Buy $100.00 worth of 1 and 2 dollar tickets.

                        And  no, I ain't runnin' your numbers.  You are the economics, finance guy.  

                        DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                        • 28k Posts
                        • 6k Reputation
                        DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        @the-gipper said:

                        Actually, I think the odds on the scratch offs...even for a $1 winner are now much more than one if 4.  They used to be 1 in 4, but no more. I say that they are now more like 1 in 8 or 10.   That is my recent experience.  But, maybe I will have to run that experiment someday when/if I am ever flush with cash.  Buy $100.00 worth of 1 and 2 dollar tickets.

                        And  no, I ain't runnin' your numbers.  You are the economics, finance guy.  

                        So you're one of them old guys who is at the head of the line taking forever buying scratch off lottery tickets.  I knew it.

                        "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                        The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                          @the-gipper said:

                          Actually, I think the odds on the scratch offs...even for a $1 winner are now much more than one if 4.  They used to be 1 in 4, but no more. I say that they are now more like 1 in 8 or 10.   That is my recent experience.  But, maybe I will have to run that experiment someday when/if I am ever flush with cash.  Buy $100.00 worth of 1 and 2 dollar tickets.

                          And  no, I ain't runnin' your numbers.  You are the economics, finance guy.  

                          So you're one of them old guys who is at the head of the line taking forever buying scratch off lottery tickets.  I knew it.

                          The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                          • 57k Posts
                          • 4k Reputation
                          The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          @diehardbrownsfan said:

                          So you're one of them old guys who is at the head of the line taking forever buying scratch off lottery tickets.  I knew it.

                          No, I have to buy them and take them home to my wife who does the scratching.

                          nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
                          😂
                          Quote Reply
                          • The GipperT The Gipper

                            @diehardbrownsfan said:

                            So you're one of them old guys who is at the head of the line taking forever buying scratch off lottery tickets.  I knew it.

                            No, I have to buy them and take them home to my wife who does the scratching.

                            nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                            • 14k Posts
                            • 5k Reputation
                            nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @the-gipper said:

                            No, I have to buy them and take them home to my wife who does the scratching.

                            Cool logo on your avatar, Gip.. classy looking..

                            Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            ❤
                            Quote Reply

                            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                            Register Login
                            Reply
                            • Reply as topic
                            Log in to reply
                            • Oldest to Newest
                            • Newest to Oldest
                            • Most Votes


                            Theme
                            • System
                            • Light
                            • Dark
                            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                            • First post
                              Last post
                            0
                            • Forums
                            • Recent
                            • Popular
                            • Users
                            • Donate