Cuts and Pickups Thread
-
Ummm .... who the fuck is Orsen Charles?
I've been following the roster all year and never heard of him.
Let him explain to Cajuste's Dad why he took his son's job.
Z
Zombo said:
Ummm .... who the Shmuck is Orsen Charles?
Ya gotta read this
..all of it.. including High School trip to Florida(opps!) to time served https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orson_Charles if i get this straight Hue used him as a FB at Cinny?..Dorsey grabbed him at KC?..KC releases him after Dorsey? Ugghh..?(and WTF does wan'ton got to do with anything
)
-
I remember seeing Charles out there, #82 I believe. He didn’t look very tall but looked like a physical blocking TE at the least.
Cajuste will get a shot somewhere, he can play.
-
I was shocked to see both Dayes and Hilliard cut.
-
Most surprised by Drango. Seemed to me neither he nor Corbett established themselves as better than the other at the OG position. I get keeping Corbett as their high 2nd round pick guy and assumed faster learning curve, but l thought Drango would at least make the team with his experience, positional flexibility, and because he wasn’t awful.
I thought Dayes earned a spot too, but l get the position log jam.
Makes for a bit of a depressing end to Hard Knocks. All 3 underdawg story lines didn’t make it: Cajuste, Orchard and Roback.
-
FA's listed by position https://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/fa/free-agent
-
FA's listed by position https://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/fa/free-agent
FA's listed by position https://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/fa/free-agent
I hope we bring Brantley and Dayes back to the PS if they clear waivers. And I would bring in Kendall Wright (WR) even though he did come from Baylor.
-
FA's listed by position https://www.rotoworld.com/teams/clubhouse/nfl/fa/free-agent
I hope we bring Brantley and Dayes back to the PS if they clear waivers. And I would bring in Kendall Wright (WR) even though he did come from Baylor.
I hope we bring Brantley and Dayes back to the PS if they clear waivers. And I would bring in Kendall Wright (WR) even though he did come from Baylor.
Not sure why but can't find a list by position that includes all rookies? No Roback or Cajuste made this list and even Falcons cut Kurt Benkert..Shocked Dallas cut Bailey & Ealy but I think position dorsey may look is a swing Tackle/DE/LB..
-
We claimed Paztor...
Welcome back, Paz...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523476/article/waiver-claims-tracker
-
We claimed Paztor...
Welcome back, Paz...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523476/article/waiver-claims-tracker
We claimed Paztor...
Welcome back, Paz...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523476/article/waiver-claims-tracker
So who did we drop to make room?
-
Cuts catching my eye...
- ATL: Paz (as noted above); Kurt Benkert (QB - my 2018 "darkhorse")
- BLT: Kai Naccua (S - guy a lot of us 'round here liked); Breshard Perriman (WR)
- NE: Cyrus Jones (CB - former high pick out of UConn)
- NYJ: Xavier Cooper (DT - former Brown)
- SF: Jonathan Cooper (OG - thought the guy was an anchor of their OL just a couple seasons ago???)
- TB: Godwin Igwebuike (S - was a rising star in draft???)
- TN: Luke Falk (QB); Xavier Sua-Filo (OG!!! - wow, he's fallen far...)
- WSH: TJ Clemmings (OG - an OT I liked quite a bit coming out of college)
Cuts catching my eye...
- ATL: Paz (as noted above); Kurt Benkert (QB - my 2018 "darkhorse")
- BLT: Kai Naccua (S - guy a lot of us 'round here liked); Breshard Perriman (WR)
- NE: Cyrus Jones (CB - BAMA)
- NYJ: Xavier Cooper (DT - former Brown)
- SF: Jonathan Cooper (OG - thought the guy was an anchor of their OL just a couple seasons ago???)
- TB: Godwin Igwebuike (S - was a rising star in draft???)
- TN: Luke Falk (QB); Xavier Sua-Filo (OG!!! - wow, he's fallen far...)
- WSH: TJ Clemmings (OG - an OT I liked quite a bit coming out of college)
And more...
- AZ: They cut Scooby!!!! ............. You Bastards!
- ATL: Jamil Douglas (OG)
- BLT: RG3 made the 53.
- DAL: Caraun Reid (DT); Bo Scarborough (RB - BAMA); Charles Tapper (DE); Jihad Ward (DT)
- DNV: Shamako Thomas.... lol
- GB: James Looney (DE)
- HOU: Ibaheim Campbell (S - former Brown); Braxton Miller (WR); Jay Prosch (FB)*
- JAX: Brandon Smith (OT)
- KC: Ethan Cooper (OG)
- LAC: Dylan Cantrell (WR)
- MN: Kendall Wright (WR _ former 1000-yd WR)
- NO: JT Barrett (not good enough Buckeye QB)
- OAK: Martavis Bryant (WR - back to the Steelers?); Connor Cook (QB - didn't Gruden like him in "QB Camp"?); Gabe Wright (DT - former Brown)
- PHI: Kamar Aiken (WR - former Raven); Christian Hackenberg (not good enough QB); Jon Toth (C - kid out of UK that I liked.... a lot...)*
- WSH: "Big" Phil Taylor (DT - former Brown); Simmie Cobbs (WR - BIG receiver); Kevin Hogan (PoG's QB...and "big nothing");
-
Po's BBF Hogan? How could that be? He's all-world!?
-
We claimed Paztor...
Welcome back, Paz...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523476/article/waiver-claims-tracker
-
5 are claimed.. https://www.brownszone.com/2018/09/02/browns-claim-5-players-off-waivers-including-4-on-defense/ former brown Michael Jordan a NY Giant..CB Simon Thomas to Seattle..In Hilarious News..Elway cuts Pax-a-ton Lynch a brings in Kevin Hogan from Poe's Hero Island

-
Who?
-
Appears we picked up Carl Davis as well. I liked him a bit when he was coming out of Iowa.
-
Appears we picked up Carl Davis as well. I liked him a bit when he was coming out of Iowa.
-
Most surprised by Drango. Seemed to me neither he nor Corbett established themselves as better than the other at the OG position. I get keeping Corbett as their high 2nd round pick guy and assumed faster learning curve, but l thought Drango would at least make the team with his experience, positional flexibility, and because he wasn’t awful.
I thought Dayes earned a spot too, but l get the position log jam.
Makes for a bit of a depressing end to Hard Knocks. All 3 underdawg story lines didn’t make it: Cajuste, Orchard and Roback.
Most surprised by Drango. Seemed to me neither he nor Corbett established themselves as better than the other at the OG position. I get keeping Corbett as their high 2nd round pick guy and assumed faster learning curve, but l thought Drango would at least make the team with his experience, positional flexibility, and because he wasn’t awful.
I thought Dayes earned a spot too, but l get the position log jam.
Makes for a bit of a depressing end to Hard Knocks. All 3 underdawg story lines didn’t make it: Cajuste, Orchard and Roback.
I hear ya Bleed. I feel really bad for those guys the show got us pulling for. It's like there was a subliminal football cupid hi-jack'n us or the Warden put hallucinogens in my salad every Tuesday Night. Hard Knocks is probably going to play the beginning of that Poseiden Adventure theme song "There's got to be a morning after" and immediately interrupt it with "No there doesn't..."
The Drango cut surprised me too considering how many different positions we've had him play to date: unbalanced line Strong side Tackle, RG, LG, LT. If our intrigue for Corbett is his flexibility - Drango has played 4 different positions in his brief tenure. As I said before, I think the difference between the 2 is Corbett can bend better for the OG positions as well as trap and pull better; while being drafted by this FO didn't hurt his case either. I've seen some good things from Corbett; but like any young guy he needs to improve his consistency. I trust what they did but Drango was a hard working guy like Cajuste and Orchard that make me feel bad they weren't good enough to make an improving team.
My guess is we can probably get Dayes back here on the practice squad if they don't stash him on IR. They can do the same for Roback but we're already keeping 3 QBs.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login