Skip to content

Cuts and Pickups Thread

The Browns Board
199 32 6.6k
  • in lesser news.Broncos QB's will be running for their lives adding Avery Gennesy to PS

  • This should do it folks/Grossi..25 on O. 25 on D. 3 ST==53...PS coming..

  • Browns waive Nassib,Meder,Reiter,Grace,J McKinnon per Scott Petrak

    @gumby73 said:

    Browns waive Nassib,Meder,Reiter,Grace,J McKinnon per Scott Petrak

    I'll miss Nassib and Meder ... liked them.

    Zombo

  • Dontrell Hilliard and Da'mari Scott signed to PS

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Most surprised by Drango. Seemed to me neither he nor Corbett established themselves as better than the other at the OG position. I get keeping Corbett as their high 2nd round pick guy and assumed faster learning curve, but l thought Drango would at least make the team with his experience, positional flexibility, and because he wasn’t awful. 

    I thought Dayes earned a spot too, but l get the position log jam. 

    Makes for a bit of a depressing end to Hard Knocks. All 3 underdawg story lines didn’t make it: Cajuste, Orchard and Roback. 

    I hear ya Bleed. I feel really bad for those guys the show got us pulling for.  It's like there was a subliminal football cupid hi-jack'n us or the Warden put hallucinogens in my salad every Tuesday Night.  Hard Knocks is probably going to play the beginning of that Poseiden Adventure theme song "There's got to be a morning after" and immediately interrupt it with "No there doesn't..." 

    The Drango cut surprised me too considering how many different positions we've had him play to date: unbalanced line Strong side Tackle, RG, LG, LT.  If our intrigue for Corbett is his flexibility - Drango has played 4 different positions in his brief tenure.  As I said before, I think the difference between the 2 is Corbett can bend better for the OG positions as well as trap and pull better; while being drafted by this FO didn't hurt his case either.  I've seen some good things from Corbett; but like any young guy he needs to improve his consistency.  I trust what they did but Drango was a hard working guy like Cajuste and Orchard that make me feel bad they weren't good enough to make an improving team.

    My guess is we can probably get Dayes back here on the practice squad if they don't stash him on IR.  They can do the same for Roback but we're already keeping 3 QBs.

    @flugel said:

    I hear ya Bleed. I feel really bad for those guys the show got us pulling for.  It's like there was a subliminal football cupid hi-jack'n us or the Warden put hallucinogens in my salad every Tuesday Night.  Hard Knocks is probably going to play the beginning of that Poseiden Adventure theme song "There's got to be a morning after" and immediately interrupt it with "No there doesn't..." 

    The Drango cut surprised me too considering how many different positions we've had him play to date: unbalanced line Strong side Tackle, RG, LG, LT.  If our intrigue for Corbett is his flexibility - Drango has played 4 different positions in his brief tenure.  As I said before, I think the difference between the 2 is Corbett can bend better for the OG positions as well as trap and pull better; while being drafted by this FO didn't hurt his case either.  I've seen some good things from Corbett; but like any young guy he needs to improve his consistency.  I trust what they did but Drango was a hard working guy like Cajuste and Orchard that make me feel bad they weren't good enough to make an improving team.

    My guess is we can probably get Dayes back here on the practice squad if they don't stash him on IR.  They can do the same for Roback but we're already keeping 3 QBs.

    Tom, I guess I don't have much of a sentimental streak in me. Nice inside stories on the three, but it's a cruel business. N-F-L not for long.  Took a look at Over the Cap and Orchard already pocketed $3.4 million. Not too bad earnings for a guy who's 25. If he hasn't spent the money crazy, that should be enough to take care of the wife & kids for many years. He may well get picked up by another team. 

  • @gumby73 said:

    Browns waive Nassib,Meder,Reiter,Grace,J McKinnon per Scott Petrak

    I'll miss Nassib and Meder ... liked them.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I'll miss Nassib and Meder ... liked them.

    Zombo

    From Carl "Bro that chitz Crazzy"..Both were good guys..Deals like this always sting. Meder we have the money to keep the local kid..Our defense rolled some ones all preseason to the tone of 46 points total in 4 games..That's 1st in the NFL..We hope the rotation is ready in a week. We hope the coaches jive with the newbies..What bothers me most, is we dumped 3 guys that including Brantley that stayed injury free but replaced the 3 with guys that have not..I do see the motors & talent levels produces more on field than the 3 we lost..Hoping for the best & the most important player to start has to be Tyrod Taylor..Let's Beat them Steelers out the gate & keep riding!! Go Browns!!  

  • In other news. . .

    The Stoolers cut QB Landry Jones.

    Too bad, he really sucked and I hoped they would keep him on the roster for another decade.

    @canton-dawg said:

    In other news. . .

    The Stoolers cut QB Landry Jones.

    Too bad, he really sucked and I hoped they would keep him on the roster for another decade.

    Yea me too, cause he never had trouble beating the browns.lol

  • @canton-dawg said:

    In other news. . .

    The Stoolers cut QB Landry Jones.

    Too bad, he really sucked and I hoped they would keep him on the roster for another decade.

    Yea me too, cause he never had trouble beating the browns.lol

    @stinkhole said:

    Yea me too, cause he never had trouble beating the browns.lol

    the puss got his toes stepped on by your own lineman than went crying to put Ben in.😛.see ya week 1

  • @gumby73 said:

    Browns waive Nassib,Meder,Reiter,Grace,J McKinnon per Scott Petrak

    I'll miss Nassib and Meder ... liked them.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I'll miss Nassib and Meder ... liked them.

    Zombo

    And Orchard and Greco

    WSS

  • I really miss that Kevin Hogan kid- I wish him the best in Denver. He has some big shoes to fill replacing Paxton Lynch.  😁  

  • I like the pick up of Carl Davis but I think we made a roster weaker by replacing Nassib, Meder, and McKinnon.

    I get that both will need a new contract next year and we might not be able to keep them, but it seems like we lost some quality depth. Hopefully McKinnon makes it to the practice squad.

  • I don’t understand the depth chart. Is it too early? Why do we keep so many receivers? Who is the DT? Is the roster incomplete on Browns website because of the cuts today?

    I will check back in a few days or before the Pittsburg game. 

  • I really miss that Kevin Hogan kid- I wish him the best in Denver. He has some big shoes to fill replacing Paxton Lynch.  😁  

    @hoorta said:

    I really miss that Kevin Hogan kid- I wish him the best in Denver. He has some big shoes to fill replacing Paxton Lynch.  😁  

    can ya add a carrier kennel for little Poe to Denver?😉

  • @tour2ma said:

    We claimed Paztor...

    ...why do I remember referring to him as Out To Paztor?  (cruel like I am)     -   I don't think I was overly enamored by him.  Might be different this time around.

    @orion said:

    ...why do I remember referring to him as Out To Paztor?  (cruel like I am)     -   I don't think I was overly enamored by him.  Might be different this time around.

    Solid kid... Started all 16 at RT for us back in 2016.

  • Dorsey swapping pieces...

    • 09/02 Waived DB Jeremiah McKinnon --> Claimed DB Tavierre Thomas via waivers from Arizona Cardinals
    • 09/02 Waived LB Jermaine Grace ---> Claimed LB Tanner Vallejo via waivers from Buffalo Bills
    • 09/02 Waived DL Carl Nassib ---> Claimed DL Ifeadi Odenigbo (DE) via waivers from Minnesota Vikings
    • 09/02 Waived DL Jamie Meder ---> Claimed DL Carl Davis (DT) via waivers from Baltimore Ravens
    • 09/02 Waived OL Austin Reiter ---> Claimed OL Aaron Neary (C) via waivers from Los Angeles Rams
  • I don’t understand the depth chart. Is it too early? Why do we keep so many receivers? Who is the DT? Is the roster incomplete on Browns website because of the cuts today?

    I will check back in a few days or before the Pittsburg game. 

    @opal312 said:

    I don’t understand the depth chart. Is it too early? Why do we keep so many receivers? Who is the DT? Is the roster incomplete on Browns website because of the cuts today?

    I will check back in a few days or before the Pittsburg game. 

    here ya go  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/9/2/17811996/learn-all-about-the-cleveland-browns-5-players-claimed-off-waivers  welcome back Opal

  • Dorsey swapping pieces...

    • 09/02 Waived DB Jeremiah McKinnon --> Claimed DB Tavierre Thomas via waivers from Arizona Cardinals
    • 09/02 Waived LB Jermaine Grace ---> Claimed LB Tanner Vallejo via waivers from Buffalo Bills
    • 09/02 Waived DL Carl Nassib ---> Claimed DL Ifeadi Odenigbo (DE) via waivers from Minnesota Vikings
    • 09/02 Waived DL Jamie Meder ---> Claimed DL Carl Davis (DT) via waivers from Baltimore Ravens
    • 09/02 Waived OL Austin Reiter ---> Claimed OL Aaron Neary (C) via waivers from Los Angeles Rams

    @tour2ma said:

    Dorsey swapping pieces...

    • 09/02 Waived DB Jeremiah McKinnon --> Claimed DB Tavierre Thomas via waivers from Arizona Cardinals
    • 09/02 Waived LB Jermaine Grace ---> Claimed LB Tanner Vallejo via waivers from Buffalo Bills
    • 09/02 Waived DL Carl Nassib ---> Claimed DL Ifeadi Odenigbo via waivers from Minnesota Vikings
    • 09/02 Waived DL Jamie Meder ---> Claimed DL Carl Davis via waivers from Baltimore Ravens
    • 09/02 Waived OL Austin Reiter ---> Claimed OL Aaron Neary via waivers from Los Angeles Rams

    I always like the guys leaving better than the guys coming because I know them better. But at the end of the day it's just bottom of the roster stuff and that's what our braintrust is paid to do. I hope the LB and DB are good on special teams.

    Zombo

  • @tour2ma said:

    Dorsey swapping pieces...

    • 09/02 Waived DB Jeremiah McKinnon --> Claimed DB Tavierre Thomas via waivers from Arizona Cardinals
    • 09/02 Waived LB Jermaine Grace ---> Claimed LB Tanner Vallejo via waivers from Buffalo Bills
    • 09/02 Waived DL Carl Nassib ---> Claimed DL Ifeadi Odenigbo via waivers from Minnesota Vikings
    • 09/02 Waived DL Jamie Meder ---> Claimed DL Carl Davis via waivers from Baltimore Ravens
    • 09/02 Waived OL Austin Reiter ---> Claimed OL Aaron Neary via waivers from Los Angeles Rams

    I always like the guys leaving better than the guys coming because I know them better. But at the end of the day it's just bottom of the roster stuff and that's what our braintrust is paid to do. I hope the LB and DB are good on special teams.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I always like the guys leaving better than the guys coming because I know them better. But at the end of the day it's just bottom of the roster stuff and that's what our braintrust is paid to do. I hope the LB and DB are good on special teams.

    Dunno Thomas and barely know Vallejo, but Davis is a beast in the middle and Odenigbo can rush the passer.

    Don't know Neary either... small school kid from some directional Washington St...

  • Zombo said:

    I always like the guys leaving better than the guys coming because I know them better. But at the end of the day it's just bottom of the roster stuff and that's what our braintrust is paid to do. I hope the LB and DB are good on special teams.

    Dunno Thomas and barely know Vallejo, but Davis is a beast in the middle and Odenigbo can rush the passer.

    Don't know Neary either... small school kid from some directional Washington St...

    @tour2ma said:

    Dunno Thomas and barely know Vallejo, but Davis is a beast in the middle and Odenigbo can rush the passer.

    Don't know Neary either... small school kid from some directional Washington St...

    Odenigbo intrigues me the most, because the Vikes are loaded on D and they were probably hoping to keep him on the PS just had no roster space. Sounds like he tore it up in Preseason.

    And now we can unveil the  Ogbah-Ogunjobi-Odenigbo DL. Ooooooooooh Ya.

    Zombo

  • Most surprised by Drango. Seemed to me neither he nor Corbett established themselves as better than the other at the OG position. I get keeping Corbett as their high 2nd round pick guy and assumed faster learning curve, but l thought Drango would at least make the team with his experience, positional flexibility, and because he wasn’t awful. 

    I thought Dayes earned a spot too, but l get the position log jam. 

    Makes for a bit of a depressing end to Hard Knocks. All 3 underdawg story lines didn’t make it: Cajuste, Orchard and Roback. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Most surprised by Drango. Seemed to me neither he nor Corbett established themselves as better than the other at the OG position. I get keeping Corbett as their high 2nd round pick guy and assumed faster learning curve, but l thought Drango would at least make the team with his experience, positional flexibility, and because he wasn’t awful. 

    I thought Dayes earned a spot too, but l get the position log jam. 

    Makes for a bit of a depressing end to Hard Knocks. All 3 underdawg story lines didn’t make it: Cajuste, Orchard and Roback. 

    Who gives a flying Shmuck about a 'depressing end to hard knocks'?Z