Skip to content

31 New Faces

The Browns Board
26 17 506
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Well that's 100% better than either of the last two years.?

    I think I'd freak out if they said "hey we're all back again!".

    Tough schedule,  game #1 will be important next week to kick this thing off at home.

    @mjp28 said:

    I think I'd freak out if they said "hey we're all back again!".

    Tough schedule,  game #1 will be important next week to kick this thing off at home.

    The Browns are for real - they now have the talent, where they didn't have the right talent before.

    and they know it, and I can't wait til they show it by winning their first game.

    and their second...and third...right down the line.

    It will be a new "Do you believe in miracles?" only the NFL.

    That's what I'm expecting - you betcha.

  • I’m going to be very optimistic and Pray our OL is decent enough to establish a better than average running game. The defense looks pretty good in pre season so my guess we win 5 or 6 games?

    Question: Why did the Browns get a tougher schedule than the Patriots? 

    Answer: To ensure New England, whose in the worst division in the NFL, another appearance in the Super Bowl.

    Here’s to the Browns 2018 season & the genius who stopped Hue from trading for AJ McCarron

    ???

  • I’m going to be very optimistic and Pray our OL is decent enough to establish a better than average running game. The defense looks pretty good in pre season so my guess we win 5 or 6 games?

    Question: Why did the Browns get a tougher schedule than the Patriots? 

    Answer: To ensure New England, whose in the worst division in the NFL, another appearance in the Super Bowl.

    Here’s to the Browns 2018 season & the genius who stopped Hue from trading for AJ McCarron

    ???

    @opal312 said:

    Here’s to the Browns 2018 season & the genius who stopped Hue from trading for AJ McCarron

    ???

    It's about the only thing he got right in choosing players.

  • Unfortunately we still have Hue as HC.

  • Unfortunately we still have Hue as HC.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Unfortunately we still have Hue as HC.

    Coffee fetcher. ?

  • I’m going to be very optimistic and Pray our OL is decent enough to establish a better than average running game. The defense looks pretty good in pre season so my guess we win 5 or 6 games?

    Question: Why did the Browns get a tougher schedule than the Patriots? 

    Answer: To ensure New England, whose in the worst division in the NFL, another appearance in the Super Bowl.

    Here’s to the Browns 2018 season & the genius who stopped Hue from trading for AJ McCarron

    ???

    @opal312 said:

    I’m going to be very optimistic and Pray our OL is decent enough to establish a better than average running game. The defense looks pretty good in pre season so my guess we win 5 or 6 games?

    Question: Why did the Browns get a tougher schedule than the Patriots? 

    ???

    Naw, schedules set by the NFL rotation system, but yeah it's tough on paper for sure.

    I predict the city's going to be sky high by 430pm this Sunday. 

  • I’m going to be very optimistic and Pray our OL is decent enough to establish a better than average running game. The defense looks pretty good in pre season so my guess we win 5 or 6 games?

    Question: Why did the Browns get a tougher schedule than the Patriots? 

    Answer: To ensure New England, whose in the worst division in the NFL, another appearance in the Super Bowl.

    Here’s to the Browns 2018 season & the genius who stopped Hue from trading for AJ McCarron

    ???

    @opal312 said:

    I’m going to be very optimistic and Pray our OL is decent enough to establish a better than average running game. The defense looks pretty good in pre season so my guess we win 5 or 6 games?

    Question: Why did the Browns get a tougher schedule than the Patriots? 

    Answer: To ensure New England, whose in the worst division in the NFL, another appearance in the Super Bowl.

    Here’s to the Browns 2018 season & the genius who stopped Hue from trading for AJ McCarron

    ???

    It’s all about who plays in your division. New England plays in a crappy division or none of those teams are ever any good or ever give New England any competition. Whereas in the AFC North the teams are often very good and often give a lot of competition so that is why the Browns always have a tougher schedule than New England ??????? 

  • @opal312 said:

    I’m going to be very optimistic and Pray our OL is decent enough to establish a better than average running game. The defense looks pretty good in pre season so my guess we win 5 or 6 games?

    Question: Why did the Browns get a tougher schedule than the Patriots? 

    Answer: To ensure New England, whose in the worst division in the NFL, another appearance in the Super Bowl.

    Here’s to the Browns 2018 season & the genius who stopped Hue from trading for AJ McCarron

    ???

    It’s all about who plays in your division. New England plays in a crappy division or none of those teams are ever any good or ever give New England any competition. Whereas in the AFC North the teams are often very good and often give a lot of competition so that is why the Browns always have a tougher schedule than New England ??????? 

    @the-gipper said:

    It’s all about who plays in your division. New England plays in a crappy division or none of those teams are ever any good or ever give New England any competition. Whereas in the AFC North the teams are often very good and often give a lot of competition so that is why the Browns always have a tougher schedule than New England ??????? 

    I know? And it helps that Belichoke’s competition amongst his AFC East colleagues have a collective IQ of an amoeba?

  • Good test of Ghoolie philosophy............... We have disagreed for awhile, but, proof ot the pudding is in the eating..............

    I SAY - Any Jackoffs can step in and play OL

    I SAY -It is the SKilled players on offense that make or break the team, and the OL

    So, according to this article and the one I posted yesterday, we know 2 things....................

    1) The OL is not settled and we may have an undrafted free agent starting in Joe THomas's position

    2) It looks like we have improved in the area of Skilled players.

    So, now we see. Personally, I think Hue's dink-and-dump offense and lack of discipline on the field  will stifle the team. But it will be interesting for sure.

    https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/09/cleveland_browns_scribbles_joh_1.html

  • Good test of Ghoolie philosophy............... We have disagreed for awhile, but, proof ot the pudding is in the eating..............

    I SAY - Any Jackoffs can step in and play OL

    I SAY -It is the SKilled players on offense that make or break the team, and the OL

    So, according to this article and the one I posted yesterday, we know 2 things....................

    1) The OL is not settled and we may have an undrafted free agent starting in Joe THomas's position

    2) It looks like we have improved in the area of Skilled players.

    So, now we see. Personally, I think Hue's dink-and-dump offense and lack of discipline on the field  will stifle the team. But it will be interesting for sure.

    https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/09/cleveland_browns_scribbles_joh_1.html

    @ghoolie said:

    Good test of Ghoolie philosophy............... We have disagreed for awhile, but, proof ot the pudding is in the eating..............

    I SAY - Any Jackoffs can step in and play OL

    I SAY -It is the SKilled players on offense that make or break the team, and the OL

    So, according to this article and the one I posted yesterday, we know 2 things....................

    1) The OL is not settled and we may have an undrafted free agent starting in Joe THomas's position

    2) It looks like we have improved in the area of Skilled players.

    So, now we see. Personally, I think Hue's dink-and-dump offense and lack of discipline on the field  will stifle the team. But it will be interesting for sure.

    You dedicated the name of one of your threads to your public panic attack about what Hue did to the OL.

    Okay, I'll play.

    What year was Joe Thomas a Rookie?

    What year did we go 10-6 this side of 99? 

    What was the only year Joe Thomas missed a start to injury and ended up on IR?

    What was the only year we didn't win a game?

    How many years did Joe Thomas start at LT?

    How many Pro Bowls did he earn?

    How many LTs in our storied history made 10 consecutive Pro Bowls?

    If Gale Sayers and D Butkus (both 1st round picks in the same draft for the Bears) never had a winning season or played in 1 playoff game in their entire career - does it mean they were the worst first round picks in franchise history?   If so, why did both guys make it into the NFL Hall of Fame as easily as Joe Thomas will?

    For those of you that weren't here back in 2007 - Ghoolie predicted we'd go 0-16.  Instead, we carried a career backup QB like DA to 10 wins in 15 starts with 29 TD passes, Braylon Edwards caught 16 TD passes in his only Pro Bowl Season, KWII made the Pro Bowl at TE, Jamal Lewis had 1300 yards rushing and 9 TDs just 1 year after Baltimore gave up on his dead legs...  And, it was the only time he had a quality LG like Eric Steinbach next to him until Joel Bitonio arrived.  In case anyone forget how that went, we got off to a 7-4 start nobody saw coming with Brian Hoyer at QB.  The 2 years Bitonio had seasons cut short to injury didn't go as well.  No need to hurt yourself overthinking it...

  • ur all over the place this week gools, gettin off message a bit need to settle urself and get all ur talking points in order again

  • ur all over the place this week gools, gettin off message a bit need to settle urself and get all ur talking points in order again

    @clevfan4life said:

    ur all over the place this week gools, gettin off message a bit need to settle urself and get all ur talking points in order again

    I think Tom's actually getting hopeful about this team. But I understand it completely. I'm doing my best to remain calm about how long it may take Jimbo Fisher to produce a team that can actually stay on the field with Bama, LSU, Auburn and this weekend Clemson. I think it takes 3-4 years of recruiting like he has going right now, just about even with Bama. But an upset over one of those this year would sure be nice, just like an upset over the Squealers would be nice to start the season.

  • I seriously don't understand our latest roster moves. We cut Nassib and Meder, among other productive players, only to sign bozos with little to no future in the league. I don't get it. 

  • I seriously don't understand our latest roster moves. We cut Nassib and Meder, among other productive players, only to sign bozos with little to no future in the league. I don't get it. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I seriously don't understand our latest roster moves. We cut Nassib and Meder, among other productive players, only to sign bozos with little to no future in the league. I don't get it. 

    I think they want to flyers on high upside "experiments" on the bottom of the roster. Remember only 46 guys dress on Sundays, so these bottom of the roster guys aren't expected to do much in 2018, they are flyers on the future.

    However, I too am a little concerned with depth at DE ... Chris Smith is the only veteran backup, then we have the rookie Thomas and the new obiedobie name from the Vikings. But were Nassib and Orchard really that good? Can Smith and these two rookies fill their spot? It probably won't be noticeable ... unless injuries happen.

    Zombo

  • I seriously don't understand our latest roster moves. We cut Nassib and Meder, among other productive players, only to sign bozos with little to no future in the league. I don't get it. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I seriously don't understand our latest roster moves. We cut Nassib and Meder, among other productive players, only to sign bozos with little to no future in the league. I don't get it. 

    Really?   You win 4 games in 3 years.  Didn’t see 31 other teams fighting to add these 2 guys to their rosters! 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    ur all over the place this week gools, gettin off message a bit need to settle urself and get all ur talking points in order again

    I think Tom's actually getting hopeful about this team. But I understand it completely. I'm doing my best to remain calm about how long it may take Jimbo Fisher to produce a team that can actually stay on the field with Bama, LSU, Auburn and this weekend Clemson. I think it takes 3-4 years of recruiting like he has going right now, just about even with Bama. But an upset over one of those this year would sure be nice, just like an upset over the Squealers would be nice to start the season.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think Tom's actually getting hopeful about this team. But I understand it completely. I'm doing my best to remain calm about how long it may take Jimbo Fisher to produce a team that can actually stay on the field with Bama, LSU, Auburn and this weekend Clemson. I think it takes 3-4 years of recruiting like he has going right now, just about even with Bama. But an upset over one of those this year would sure be nice, just like an upset over the Squealers would be nice to start the season.

    Aggies, he's fooled me and countless others in here too over the years.  The sad reality is he gets way too much attention real life deprives him of when Cleveland loses to the extent rooting for Cleveland to win is an enormous conflict of interest for him.  When we went 10-6 in 2007 - the only time we saw Ghoolie was after Pittsburgh humiliated poor Charlie Frye in the opener.  He threw himself a chest pounding parade that he told us we'd go 0-16 which doesn't reflect a fan wanting his team to win at all.  When we went 10-5 the rest of the way Ghoolie never showed his face or wanted to exchange high 5s with Cleveland fans.  He spent the rest of the year with other ostriches burying their heads in the sand in between watching all the lost episodes of the Mandrell Sisters.

    There's a huge difference between guarded enthusiasm/optimism you and other passionate fans have about our team and a self indulging agenda that exclusively aims to disrespect fans, players, coaches and FO personnel of this franchise. I wish I can say it's only been exclusive to just 1 year but it's been going on since 1999.  I've never read or seen him portraying a guy that really wants this team to win outside of trying to fool and reel in newbies.  When the Browns do win - all the attention he needs goes away like 2007 showed us.  That had to be devastating for him. 

  • MACA!

    We ain't real yet...

    But Dorsey has made it his team...

  • MACA!

    We ain't real yet...

    But Dorsey has made it his team...

    @tour2ma said:

    MACA!

    We ain't real yet...

    But Dorsey has made it his team... <---- ☆

    I think that is the real substory of the 2018 Cleveland Browns season even more than Taylor vs Mayfield or Flash or even Hard Knocks (but that helped).....Dorsey's team, how does it do? Four wins or eight or whatever, do they fight for 60 minutes? 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I seriously don't understand our latest roster moves. We cut Nassib and Meder, among other productive players, only to sign bozos with little to no future in the league. I don't get it. 

    I think they want to flyers on high upside "experiments" on the bottom of the roster. Remember only 46 guys dress on Sundays, so these bottom of the roster guys aren't expected to do much in 2018, they are flyers on the future.

    However, I too am a little concerned with depth at DE ... Chris Smith is the only veteran backup, then we have the rookie Thomas and the new obiedobie name from the Vikings. But were Nassib and Orchard really that good? Can Smith and these two rookies fill their spot? It probably won't be noticeable ... unless injuries happen.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    I think they want to flyers on high upside "experiments" on the bottom of the roster. Remember only 46 guys dress on Sundays, so these bottom of the roster guys aren't expected to do much in 2018, they are flyers on the future.

    However, I too am a little concerned with depth at DE ... Chris Smith is the only veteran backup, then we have the rookie Thomas and the new obiedobie name from the Vikings. But were Nassib and Orchard really that good? Can Smith and these two rookies fill their spot? It probably won't be noticeable ... unless injuries happen.

    Zombo

    I don't think they are "that good" but I do believe they're better than what we got. Orchard was all around the ball in preseason but couldn't seal the deal against mobile qb's. But, then he makes the freaking play of the entire preseason. Can you IMAGINE what picking off a pass and returning it for a TD right before half would do?! And Nassib did alright in the preseason, although not terrific. I don't know man, just seems off to me. I'm willing to bet both guys have jobs soon. 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    ur all over the place this week gools, gettin off message a bit need to settle urself and get all ur talking points in order again

    I think Tom's actually getting hopeful about this team. But I understand it completely. I'm doing my best to remain calm about how long it may take Jimbo Fisher to produce a team that can actually stay on the field with Bama, LSU, Auburn and this weekend Clemson. I think it takes 3-4 years of recruiting like he has going right now, just about even with Bama. But an upset over one of those this year would sure be nice, just like an upset over the Squealers would be nice to start the season.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I think Tom's actually getting hopeful about this team. But I understand it completely. I'm doing my best to remain calm about how long it may take Jimbo Fisher to produce a team that can actually stay on the field with Bama, LSU, Auburn and this weekend Clemson. I think it takes 3-4 years of recruiting like he has going right now, just about even with Bama. But an upset over one of those this year would sure be nice, just like an upset over the Squealers would be nice to start the season.

    I have been hopefull all along, but I also am not going to lose the Ghoolie by drinking a few cups of Kool Aid. THe 2018-19 team is a mixed bag of tricks. Some new talent in the skilled positions which I approve of.

    An offensive line that is not settled? Two points here. It illustrates my slam on Hue and this team that I still feel it is disorganized and without discipline and focus. But also, I can STILL be optimistic because the Offensive Line is the LEAST IMPORTANT COMPONENT of a football team. The reasons for this are because OL are a dime-a-dozen. They are the least talented athletes in all of pro sports. A good OL can be assembled in a matter of days and refined in a matter of weeks. The Steelers and Pats BOTH won SBs with a walk on OL who started. Replacing Joe Thomas with a walk on is perfectly logical and there is every chance that our LT play will be just as good as it has ever been.

    So, reasons to be optimistic, and reasons to be pessimistic. We will know a lot come Sunday night.