Skip to content

anyone else starting to have a bad feeling about the opener?

The Browns Board
109 35 2.9k 1
  • Im actually looking forward to it with more confidence than I have had.  I live in ohio 45 mins from pittspuke and have to battle alot of yinzers.  Even they have seen the improvement in the Browns and are showing some fear...radio talking heads arent leading with " week 5 of the steelers preseason"

    I think we give em a run for the money.

    @kvoethe said:

    Im actually looking forward to it with more confidence than I have had.  I live in ohio 45 mins from pittspuke and have to battle alot of yinzers.  Even they have seen the improvement in the Browns and are showing some fear...radio talking heads arent leading with " week 5 of the steelers preseason"

    I think we give em a run for the money.

    So let me get this straight. You think Steeler fans are idiots. The idiots tell you that the Browns are improved, and you believe them?

    YOU, my friend, are the idiot.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Im actually looking forward to it with more confidence than I have had.  I live in ohio 45 mins from pittspuke and have to battle alot of yinzers.  Even they have seen the improvement in the Browns and are showing some fear...radio talking heads arent leading with " week 5 of the steelers preseason"

    I think we give em a run for the money.

    So let me get this straight. You think Steeler fans are idiots. The idiots tell you that the Browns are improved, and you believe them?

    YOU, my friend, are the idiot.

    @ghoolie said:

    So let me get this straight. You think Steeler fans are idiots. The idiots tell you that the Browns are improved, and you believe them?

    YOU, my friend, are the idiot.

    We do not need the opinion of a frak whore 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    this odenigbo is a local kid. Looks ok, I can't find any real tape on him just 1-2 highlights where ofc he's going to look great. Im still really miffed at the O line not being settled this late. DL you can get together in much shorter time...O line takes vastly longer times to gel. If the Browns had a history of consistent, settled O line play...i'd be ok. But since this is Cleveland im not happy about this. 

    Since when has the OL not been settled? You're playing nervous nanny for the depth?   

    The only thing this team ever had was a consistent OL...now without Joe you're melting? 

    @choco said:

    Since when has the OL not been settled? You're playing nervous nanny for the depth?   

    The only thing this team ever had was a consistent OL...now without Joe you're melting? 

    arent we moving some undrafted FA rookie to LT? or did i read that wrong? movibg pieces around ob the OL 7 days before a home opener against pgh in a season thats probably brand wise the most important since 99 even without the possibity of another coach headed out the door.....i mean ur damn right im concerned.

    One week ago i wasnt doing backflips over our o line but i thought they might be able to get through the game without 1 or more qb's getting carted off the field. U know watt is coming off that left side right?

  • @kvoethe said:

    Im actually looking forward to it with more confidence than I have had.  I live in ohio 45 mins from pittspuke and have to battle alot of yinzers.  Even they have seen the improvement in the Browns and are showing some fear...radio talking heads arent leading with " week 5 of the steelers preseason"

    I think we give em a run for the money.

    So let me get this straight. You think Steeler fans are idiots. The idiots tell you that the Browns are improved, and you believe them?

    YOU, my friend, are the idiot.

    @ghoolie said:

    So let me get this straight. You think Steeler fans are idiots. The idiots tell you that the Browns are improved, and you believe them?

    YOU, my friend, are the idiot.

    But he's never begged to be let back onto this message board after getting banned. 

    That would be you. 

    How pathetic, even for you. 

  • Im actually looking forward to it with more confidence than I have had.  I live in ohio 45 mins from pittspuke and have to battle alot of yinzers.  Even they have seen the improvement in the Browns and are showing some fear...radio talking heads arent leading with " week 5 of the steelers preseason"

    I think we give em a run for the money.

    @kvoethe said:

    Im actually looking forward to it with more confidence than I have had.  I live in ohio 45 mins from pittspuke and have to battle alot of yinzers.  Even they have seen the improvement in the Browns and are showing some fear...radio talking heads arent leading with " week 5 of the steelers preseason"

    I think we give em a run for the money.

    You battle yinzers?  What kind of weapons could you possibly have? The browns have been the Steelers bitches for nearly the last 30 years.

    I will say however that this time I think the browns will finally do it.  This one sided domination can't last for fukkin ever.

  • Zombo said:

    Last year our starting wide receivers were Corey Coleman and Kenny Britt.

    We started a raw second round pick at QB.

    And we still almost beat the Steelers.

    Let's not even speak of the new secondary,  the revamped running back room, improved depth all around and maturity of guys like Njoku and Garrett... The difference between Kiser-Coleman-Britt and Taylor-Landry-Gordon alone is mind blowing.

    No I don't have a bad feeling. Let's take our best shot against those MotherShmuckers in our house and see what happens.

    Z

    The last time I listened to Gregg Williams on Hard Knocks he said "Let's hunt. LET'S PHUCKING HUNT!"  Should we ask poor Nick Foles how they responded?  

    The week before that Buffalo didn't get a first down until there was about 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

    @flugel said:

    The last time I listened to Gregg Williams on Hard Knocks he said "Let's hunt. LET'S PHUCKING HUNT!"  Should we ask poor Nick Foles how they responded?  

    The week before that Buffalo didn't get a first down until there was about 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

    The Browns stuffed Le’Veon Bell last year! 10 carries for 32 yards. I hope he plays!

  • Not nervous about the opener, actually feeling more confident in this team than ever before... but my inner dna as a browns fan is prepared to lose 31-3

  • Bad feeling? Do you mean other than us losing a close one?

    Don't get me wrong... PTG ain't going to be "all that" this season, but we have a lot of learning to do about winning.

    It'll come, but I don't see it happening Week 1.

  • I think the bell holdout will hurt the squeelers BIG TIME i call a 24-20 browns upset

  • Not nervous about the opener, actually feeling more confident in this team than ever before... but my inner dna as a browns fan is prepared to lose 31-3

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Not nervous about the opener, actually feeling more confident in this team than ever before... but my inner dna as a browns fan is prepared to lose 31-3

    unless our def starters go down in droves within a quarter or two...31 pts is probably not possible. It's the offensive side of the ball and more importantly our QB's health that im most concerned with. We need to show well in this game even if we lose. Brand wise it's that important for Cleveland to not walk out there and bend over for pgh. 

  • Low scoring game coming IMO. But I saw Pitt in their 3rd game. Ben overthrew a lot but he was in the best shape in the past 5 years. He does not need Bell with the receivers he's got. I see them winning 27-10. We just don't have the OL yet. D will be on the field far too long.

  • Low scoring game coming IMO. But I saw Pitt in their 3rd game. Ben overthrew a lot but he was in the best shape in the past 5 years. He does not need Bell with the receivers he's got. I see them winning 27-10. We just don't have the OL yet. D will be on the field far too long.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Low scoring game coming IMO. But I saw Pitt in their 3rd game. Ben overthrew a lot but he was in the best shape in the past 5 years. He does not need Bell with the receivers he's got. I see them winning 27-10. We just don't have the OL yet. D will be on the field far too long.

    ur boy myles G might have a say in that. If they can get off the field and the offense can give them enough rest with the run game going, than we can keep it close and low score. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Low scoring game coming IMO. But I saw Pitt in their 3rd game. Ben overthrew a lot but he was in the best shape in the past 5 years. He does not need Bell with the receivers he's got. I see them winning 27-10. We just don't have the OL yet. D will be on the field far too long.

    ur boy myles G might have a say in that. If they can get off the field and the offense can give them enough rest with the run game going, than we can keep it close and low score. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    ur boy myles G might have a say in that. If they can get off the field and the offense can give them enough rest with the run game going, than we can keep it close and low score. 

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    ur boy myles G might have a say in that. If they can get off the field and the offense can give them enough rest with the run game going, than we can keep it close and low score. 

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

    @texasag1969 said:

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

    I honestly don't think Tuh'rod will last 4 games this season..

  • @clevfan4life said:

    ur boy myles G might have a say in that. If they can get off the field and the offense can give them enough rest with the run game going, than we can keep it close and low score. 

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

    @texasag1969 said:

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

    And the Browns won't be with Landry, Gordon, and Callaway?  Steelers secondary is lame. 

  • I'd say that Browns' defense looks legit, but we know that Steelers' offense is one of the best in the league. 

    On the other hand, Browns' offense doesn't look as bad as Steelers' defense, and I'll always prefer the more balanced team than the one-sided one.

    Even more if its strong side is the defense. 

    I'm not going to be excited until I see at least a win or a decent record with close games (even if it's 1-3, 2-4), but I'm not going to be pessimistic either.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Im actually looking forward to it with more confidence than I have had.  I live in ohio 45 mins from pittspuke and have to battle alot of yinzers.  Even they have seen the improvement in the Browns and are showing some fear...radio talking heads arent leading with " week 5 of the steelers preseason"

    I think we give em a run for the money.

    You battle yinzers?  What kind of weapons could you possibly have? The browns have been the Steelers bitches for nearly the last 30 years.

    I will say however that this time I think the browns will finally do it.  This one sided domination can't last for fukkin ever.

    @stinkhole said:

    You battle yinzers?  What kind of weapons could you possibly have? The browns have been the Steelers bitches for nearly the last 30 years.

    I will say however that this time I think the browns will finally do it.  This one sided domination can't last for fukkin ever.

    Sure it can, and it will. Steelers 20 - 17

  • I'd say that Browns' defense looks legit, but we know that Steelers' offense is one of the best in the league. 

    On the other hand, Browns' offense doesn't look as bad as Steelers' defense, and I'll always prefer the more balanced team than the one-sided one.

    Even more if its strong side is the defense. 

    I'm not going to be excited until I see at least a win or a decent record with close games (even if it's 1-3, 2-4), but I'm not going to be pessimistic either.

    @nero said:

    I'd say that Browns' defense looks legit, but we know that Steelers' offense is one of the best in the league. 

    On the other hand, Browns' offense doesn't look as bad as Steelers' defense, and I'll always prefer the more balanced team than the one-sided one.

    Even more if its strong side is the defense. 

    I'm not going to be excited until I see at least a win or a decent record with close games (even if it's 1-3, 2-4), but I'm not going to be pessimistic either.

    Offense always beats defense. The Browns D will wear down and they will lose in the end.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

    I honestly don't think Tuh'rod will last 4 games this season..

    @nickers said:

    I honestly don't think Tuh'rod will last 4 games this season..

    He is a black Tarkenton. You couple a disorganized OL, a dink-and-dump offense with a run-first QB and it spells broken appendages. TieRod is not going to beat a SB QB. Let's not be silly.

  • I think the front office is trying to send a message.  They want guys who will work their butt off and give 110% to this team.  They dont want guys with a lack of respect or appreciation for the oppurtunity they have.  Thats the lackadaisical attitude a lot of our team has had over the years that dont have that drive to get better or realize the importance of how their attitude impact the young guys on this roster.  Things are changing for this team and its definitely for the better.