Skip to content

anyone else starting to have a bad feeling about the opener?

The Browns Board
109 35 2.9k 1
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Low scoring game coming IMO. But I saw Pitt in their 3rd game. Ben overthrew a lot but he was in the best shape in the past 5 years. He does not need Bell with the receivers he's got. I see them winning 27-10. We just don't have the OL yet. D will be on the field far too long.

    ur boy myles G might have a say in that. If they can get off the field and the offense can give them enough rest with the run game going, than we can keep it close and low score. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    ur boy myles G might have a say in that. If they can get off the field and the offense can give them enough rest with the run game going, than we can keep it close and low score. 

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    ur boy myles G might have a say in that. If they can get off the field and the offense can give them enough rest with the run game going, than we can keep it close and low score. 

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

    @texasag1969 said:

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

    I honestly don't think Tuh'rod will last 4 games this season..

  • @clevfan4life said:

    ur boy myles G might have a say in that. If they can get off the field and the offense can give them enough rest with the run game going, than we can keep it close and low score. 

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

    @texasag1969 said:

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

    And the Browns won't be with Landry, Gordon, and Callaway?  Steelers secondary is lame. 

  • I'd say that Browns' defense looks legit, but we know that Steelers' offense is one of the best in the league. 

    On the other hand, Browns' offense doesn't look as bad as Steelers' defense, and I'll always prefer the more balanced team than the one-sided one.

    Even more if its strong side is the defense. 

    I'm not going to be excited until I see at least a win or a decent record with close games (even if it's 1-3, 2-4), but I'm not going to be pessimistic either.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Im actually looking forward to it with more confidence than I have had.  I live in ohio 45 mins from pittspuke and have to battle alot of yinzers.  Even they have seen the improvement in the Browns and are showing some fear...radio talking heads arent leading with " week 5 of the steelers preseason"

    I think we give em a run for the money.

    You battle yinzers?  What kind of weapons could you possibly have? The browns have been the Steelers bitches for nearly the last 30 years.

    I will say however that this time I think the browns will finally do it.  This one sided domination can't last for fukkin ever.

    @stinkhole said:

    You battle yinzers?  What kind of weapons could you possibly have? The browns have been the Steelers bitches for nearly the last 30 years.

    I will say however that this time I think the browns will finally do it.  This one sided domination can't last for fukkin ever.

    Sure it can, and it will. Steelers 20 - 17

  • I'd say that Browns' defense looks legit, but we know that Steelers' offense is one of the best in the league. 

    On the other hand, Browns' offense doesn't look as bad as Steelers' defense, and I'll always prefer the more balanced team than the one-sided one.

    Even more if its strong side is the defense. 

    I'm not going to be excited until I see at least a win or a decent record with close games (even if it's 1-3, 2-4), but I'm not going to be pessimistic either.

    @nero said:

    I'd say that Browns' defense looks legit, but we know that Steelers' offense is one of the best in the league. 

    On the other hand, Browns' offense doesn't look as bad as Steelers' defense, and I'll always prefer the more balanced team than the one-sided one.

    Even more if its strong side is the defense. 

    I'm not going to be excited until I see at least a win or a decent record with close games (even if it's 1-3, 2-4), but I'm not going to be pessimistic either.

    Offense always beats defense. The Browns D will wear down and they will lose in the end.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

    I honestly don't think Tuh'rod will last 4 games this season..

    @nickers said:

    I honestly don't think Tuh'rod will last 4 games this season..

    He is a black Tarkenton. You couple a disorganized OL, a dink-and-dump offense with a run-first QB and it spells broken appendages. TieRod is not going to beat a SB QB. Let's not be silly.

  • I think the front office is trying to send a message.  They want guys who will work their butt off and give 110% to this team.  They dont want guys with a lack of respect or appreciation for the oppurtunity they have.  Thats the lackadaisical attitude a lot of our team has had over the years that dont have that drive to get better or realize the importance of how their attitude impact the young guys on this roster.  Things are changing for this team and its definitely for the better.

  • I think the front office is trying to send a message.  They want guys who will work their butt off and give 110% to this team.  They dont want guys with a lack of respect or appreciation for the oppurtunity they have.  Thats the lackadaisical attitude a lot of our team has had over the years that dont have that drive to get better or realize the importance of how their attitude impact the young guys on this roster.  Things are changing for this team and its definitely for the better.

    @flyin-j said:

    I think the front office is trying to send a message.  They want guys who will work their butt off and give 110% to this team.  They dont want guys with a lack of respect or appreciation for the oppurtunity they have.  Thats the lackadaisical attitude a lot of our team has had over the years that dont have that drive to get better or realize the importance of how their attitude impact the young guys on this roster.  Things are changing for this team and its definitely for the better.

    Examples? Who exactly did we send packing that fits your description?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    In the dress rehearsal the run game behind this OL disappeared. I fear for our smallish QBs. A D can only last so many possessions against a team loaded with receivers.

    And the Browns won't be with Landry, Gordon, and Callaway?  Steelers secondary is lame. 

    @hoorta said:

    And the Browns won't be with Landry, Gordon, and Callaway?  Steelers secondary is lame. 

    The short passing game will have to be right on target because their 1's quickness to the QB game 3 was very fast and our 1's OL looked like a sieve in game 3.

    Landry will have to earn his money as the best quick open artist.

  • @choco said:

    Since when has the OL not been settled? You're playing nervous nanny for the depth?   

    The only thing this team ever had was a consistent OL...now without Joe you're melting? 

    arent we moving some undrafted FA rookie to LT? or did i read that wrong? movibg pieces around ob the OL 7 days before a home opener against pgh in a season thats probably brand wise the most important since 99 even without the possibity of another coach headed out the door.....i mean ur damn right im concerned.

    One week ago i wasnt doing backflips over our o line but i thought they might be able to get through the game without 1 or more qb's getting carted off the field. U know watt is coming off that left side right?

    @clevfan4life said:

    arent we moving some undrafted FA rookie to LT? or did i read that wrong? 

     U know watt is coming off that left side right?

    53 UDFA's made 32 teams 53 man roster.almost 2 draft rounds.Des would lineup across from Heyward in a 3-4 front which both are the same in physical size.Truitt at the RDE is 10lbs. heavy than both.Des has shown as a tasty prick on tape. Dupree & Watt lineup anywhere.We sure will get a eye-full of TE's blocking & RB's chipping against both.Not sure Hue trust all the stunts Corbett may see? NT Hargraves would test Corbett side before Zeidler imo at 309?  

    @clevfan4life said:

     It's the offensive side of the ball and more importantly our QB's health that im most concerned with.  

    same concern here & Ty has to be accurate taking more chances..Watford & Robinson have to be good if 1 piece goes down. Haley has to be good & the flags at a minimum..

  • It's the same feeling I’ve had for years.  

  • @clevfan4life said:

    arent we moving some undrafted FA rookie to LT? or did i read that wrong? 

     U know watt is coming off that left side right?

    53 UDFA's made 32 teams 53 man roster.almost 2 draft rounds.Des would lineup across from Heyward in a 3-4 front which both are the same in physical size.Truitt at the RDE is 10lbs. heavy than both.Des has shown as a tasty prick on tape. Dupree & Watt lineup anywhere.We sure will get a eye-full of TE's blocking & RB's chipping against both.Not sure Hue trust all the stunts Corbett may see? NT Hargraves would test Corbett side before Zeidler imo at 309?  

    @clevfan4life said:

     It's the offensive side of the ball and more importantly our QB's health that im most concerned with.  

    same concern here & Ty has to be accurate taking more chances..Watford & Robinson have to be good if 1 piece goes down. Haley has to be good & the flags at a minimum..

    @gumby73 said:

    53 UDFA's made 32 teams 53 man roster.almost 2 draft rounds.Des would lineup across from Heyward in a 3-4 front which both are the same in physical size.Truitt at the RDE is 10lbs. heavy than both.Des has shown as a tasty prick on tape. Dupree & Watt lineup anywhere.We sure will get a eye-full of TE's blocking & RB's chipping against both.Not sure Hue trust all the stunts Corbett may see? NT Hargraves would test Corbett side before Zeidler imo at 309?  

    same concern here & Ty has to be accurate taking more chances..Watford & Robinson have to be good if 1 piece goes down. Haley has to be good & the flags at a minimum..

    Ya 53 UDFAs made rosters but how many are starting at left tackle? After missing the first two weeks of camp.

    I keep hearing how athletic and long he is, sounds like a great prospect, but if this staff can get him to go from West Georgia to the Pittsburgh Steelers week one without ever practicing with the 1s before this week and we win .... I'll chip in for Wylie's next Maserati.

    Z

  • No way we beat the Steelers...

    Too many question marks with the Oline, 

    Tyrod will be running for his life.

    Running game does OK, but gets shut down 2nd half

    Someone will drop a key pass

    Special teams will give up a big play.

    The D will hold taught until the end

    Steelers 17

    Browns 16

    14th consecutive opening season loss... It's going to happen.

    My prediction...

  • Last year with a team close to empty for offensive weapons we lost to the Steelers by 3 points. That after starting the game 7 in the hole from a blocked punt our offense featured Kizer throwing to Coleman with Ifalldown Crowell in the backfield.  We have added to the O for this opener Tyrod, Landry, Hyde, Chubb, Gordon and Callaway. I’m the defensive side we will have Garret, Ward and Avery.  If all that doesn’t give you a bit of optimism not sure what will. 

  • Last year with a team close to empty for offensive weapons we lost to the Steelers by 3 points. That after starting the game 7 in the hole from a blocked punt our offense featured Kizer throwing to Coleman with Ifalldown Crowell in the backfield.  We have added to the O for this opener Tyrod, Landry, Hyde, Chubb, Gordon and Callaway. I’m the defensive side we will have Garret, Ward and Avery.  If all that doesn’t give you a bit of optimism not sure what will. 

    @jcam222 said:

    Last year with a team close to empty for offensive weapons we lost to the Steelers by 3 points. That after starting the game 7 in the hole from a blocked punt our offense featured Kizer throwing to Coleman with Ifalldown Crowell in the backfield.  We have added to the O for this opener Tyrod, Landry, Hyde, Chubb, Gordon and Callaway. I’m the defensive side we will have Garret, Ward and Avery.  If all that doesn’t give you a bit of optimism not sure what will. 

    This team is better from last season and will win some games...

    But Cleveland is notorious for starting the season 0-1.... I see that trend continuing.

    Not necessarily a bad thing, in '07 we lost the opener against Shitttsburgh, look how we ended up...

  • @flyin-j said:

    I think the front office is trying to send a message.  They want guys who will work their butt off and give 110% to this team.  They dont want guys with a lack of respect or appreciation for the oppurtunity they have.  Thats the lackadaisical attitude a lot of our team has had over the years that dont have that drive to get better or realize the importance of how their attitude impact the young guys on this roster.  Things are changing for this team and its definitely for the better.

    Examples? Who exactly did we send packing that fits your description?

    @tour2ma said:

    Examples? Who exactly did we send packing that fits your description?

    See Corey and Shon Coleman were jettisoned for basically 0

  • Online Odds right now are Browns plus anywhere from 4.5 to 6.0 points.

  • paranoia will destroy ya

  • if wylie has that guy ready in a week to play LT he gets a weekly robeks kale smoothie driven up to berea from me for free.