Skip to content

anyone else starting to have a bad feeling about the opener?

The Browns Board
109 35 2.9k 1
  • From where im standing we got rid of a lot of guys that have proven they can step in for the starters, and one guy I assumed was THE starter (meder). We brought in a lot of guys  at key depth positions and actually our starting LT will one of these new guys right? I mean wtf is going on? There's another thread about the O line retooling so I won't rehash that. But look at what was done to our DL. Meder got all starting reps the whole preseason, Brantley was competent coming in for Ogunjobi, Nassib was our best edge protector. So essentially nothing can happen to any of our DL starters. I'll look at some tape of this odenigbo guy we brought in from Mn...but im assuming he's Og's backup. Nassib played RDE/LDE it didn't matter...so that was competent depth you got rid of. Im just scratchin my head. Some weird sht, yet again, is going on with the Browns. The O line seemingly being the most worrisome. God. As important as the DL is, the OL jesus Christ...still messing around with pieces this late in TC that's NOT due to some injury? What are they doing?

  • In response to this thread title... anyone else starting to have a bad feeling about the opener?

    NOPE!

    Mike

  • Last year our starting wide receivers were Corey Coleman and Kenny Britt.

    We started a raw second round pick at QB.

    And we still almost beat the Steelers.

    Let's not even speak of the new secondary,  the revamped running back room, improved depth all around and maturity of guys like Njoku and Garrett... The difference between Kiser-Coleman-Britt and Taylor-Landry-Gordon alone is mind blowing.

    No I don't have a bad feeling. Let's take our best shot against those Motherfuckers in our house and see what happens.

    Z

  • this odenigbo is a local kid. Looks ok, I can't find any real tape on him just 1-2 highlights where ofc he's going to look great. Im still really miffed at the O line not being settled this late. DL you can get together in much shorter time...O line takes vastly longer times to gel. If the Browns had a history of consistent, settled O line play...i'd be ok. But since this is Cleveland im not happy about this. 

  • From where im standing we got rid of a lot of guys that have proven they can step in for the starters, and one guy I assumed was THE starter (meder). We brought in a lot of guys  at key depth positions and actually our starting LT will one of these new guys right? I mean wtf is going on? There's another thread about the O line retooling so I won't rehash that. But look at what was done to our DL. Meder got all starting reps the whole preseason, Brantley was competent coming in for Ogunjobi, Nassib was our best edge protector. So essentially nothing can happen to any of our DL starters. I'll look at some tape of this odenigbo guy we brought in from Mn...but im assuming he's Og's backup. Nassib played RDE/LDE it didn't matter...so that was competent depth you got rid of. Im just scratchin my head. Some weird sht, yet again, is going on with the Browns. The O line seemingly being the most worrisome. God. As important as the DL is, the OL jesus Christ...still messing around with pieces this late in TC that's NOT due to some injury? What are they doing?

    @clevfan4life said:

    From where im standing we got rid of a lot of guys that have proven they can step in for the starters, and one guy I assumed was THE starter (meder). We brought in a lot of guys  at key depth positions and actually our starting LT will one of these new guys right? I mean wtf is going on? There's another thread about the O line retooling so I won't rehash that. But look at what was done to our DL. Meder got all starting reps the whole preseason, Brantley was competent coming in for Ogunjobi, Nassib was our best edge protector. So essentially nothing can happen to any of our DL starters. I'll look at some tape of this odenigbo guy we brought in from Mn...but im assuming he's Og's backup. Nassib played RDE/LDE it didn't matter...so that was competent depth you got rid of. Im just scratchin my head. Some weird sht, yet again, is going on with the Browns. The O line seemingly being the most worrisome. God. As important as the DL is, the OL jesus Christ...still messing around with pieces this late in TC that's NOT due to some injury? What are they doing?

    its just the past trying to live in your head, BANISH IT, p.s. Bell has still not reported to the team LOL

  • this odenigbo is a local kid. Looks ok, I can't find any real tape on him just 1-2 highlights where ofc he's going to look great. Im still really miffed at the O line not being settled this late. DL you can get together in much shorter time...O line takes vastly longer times to gel. If the Browns had a history of consistent, settled O line play...i'd be ok. But since this is Cleveland im not happy about this. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    this odenigbo is a local kid. Looks ok, I can't find any real tape on him just 1-2 highlights where ofc he's going to look great. Im still really miffed at the O line not being settled this late. DL you can get together in much shorter time...O line takes vastly longer times to gel. If the Browns had a history of consistent, settled O line play...i'd be ok. But since this is Cleveland im not happy about this. 

    Since when has the OL not been settled? You're playing nervous nanny for the depth?   

    The only thing this team ever had was a consistent OL...now without Joe you're melting? 

  • @ghoolie said:

    Last year has no bearing on jack-schidt. 

    Blah blah blah

    Sorry dude, but historically the Steelers own the Browns in every aspect of the game. 

    You just can't help being an idiot can you?

  • @ghoolie said:

    Last year has no bearing on jack-schidt. 

    Blah blah blah

    Sorry dude, but historically the Steelers own the Browns in every aspect of the game. 

    You just can't help being an idiot can you?

    @choco said:

    Blah blah blah

    You just can't help being an idiot can you?

    Well, I did Father you, so, I guess, yeah.

  • So you got nothing but hypocrisy?

    How predictable of you...

  • @clevfan4life said:

    From where im standing we got rid of a lot of guys that have proven they can step in for the starters, and one guy I assumed was THE starter (meder). We brought in a lot of guys  at key depth positions and actually our starting LT will one of these new guys right? I mean wtf is going on? There's another thread about the O line retooling so I won't rehash that. But look at what was done to our DL. Meder got all starting reps the whole preseason, Brantley was competent coming in for Ogunjobi, Nassib was our best edge protector. So essentially nothing can happen to any of our DL starters. I'll look at some tape of this odenigbo guy we brought in from Mn...but im assuming he's Og's backup. Nassib played RDE/LDE it didn't matter...so that was competent depth you got rid of. Im just scratchin my head. Some weird sht, yet again, is going on with the Browns. The O line seemingly being the most worrisome. God. As important as the DL is, the OL jesus Christ...still messing around with pieces this late in TC that's NOT due to some injury? What are they doing?

    its just the past trying to live in your head, BANISH IT, p.s. Bell has still not reported to the team LOL

    @jcam222 said:

    its just the past trying to live in your head, BANISH IT

    Agree 100% and I'm equally as guilty as Clevfan....but banishing it is much easier said than done. Nothing that winning consistently won't fix, but we have to get that first win under our belt before we can even talk about 2, 3, 4.... 

  • Im actually looking forward to it with more confidence than I have had.  I live in ohio 45 mins from pittspuke and have to battle alot of yinzers.  Even they have seen the improvement in the Browns and are showing some fear...radio talking heads arent leading with " week 5 of the steelers preseason"

    I think we give em a run for the money.

  • Not at all..31 new faces on a 1-31 football team.1 for each lose. hang 31 on that has Ben-a$$..watch the? ?? that pulls out of the station after week 1..All Aboard!!

  • Cautiously optimistic, but Totally F*&^in excited! Haven't been this optimistic since they came back. Bad feeling? NOPE, We have competent football minds in office and on the field (-Hue) and their doing what needs to be done, and shaking things up. So again, optimistic...and Totally Excited!

  • Im more excited that we have Dorsey and Haley and Williams than any one particular player.  

    Those will be the difference makers.  I hope Hue ends up fetching their coffee.  I have no confidence in him TBH.

  • Im more excited that we have Dorsey and Haley and Williams than any one particular player.  

    Those will be the difference makers.  I hope Hue ends up fetching their coffee.  I have no confidence in him TBH.

    @kvoethe said:

    Im more excited that we have Dorsey and Haley and Williams than any one particular player.  

    Those will be the difference makers.  I hope Hue ends up fetching their coffee.  I have no confidence in him TBH.

    Williams needs to do one his bounties on Huey. I think they only outlawed it for players.?

  • Sure I guess I am pessimistic. That is what the last 20 years have done to us. Even when we should or could have a chance to win they generally have blown it set on the ugliness comes back into the back of your mind and you can’t help it

  • Last year our starting wide receivers were Corey Coleman and Kenny Britt.

    We started a raw second round pick at QB.

    And we still almost beat the Steelers.

    Let's not even speak of the new secondary,  the revamped running back room, improved depth all around and maturity of guys like Njoku and Garrett... The difference between Kiser-Coleman-Britt and Taylor-Landry-Gordon alone is mind blowing.

    No I don't have a bad feeling. Let's take our best shot against those Motherfuckers in our house and see what happens.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    Last year our starting wide receivers were Corey Coleman and Kenny Britt.

    We started a raw second round pick at QB.

    And we still almost beat the Steelers.

    Let's not even speak of the new secondary,  the revamped running back room, improved depth all around and maturity of guys like Njoku and Garrett... The difference between Kiser-Coleman-Britt and Taylor-Landry-Gordon alone is mind blowing.

    No I don't have a bad feeling. Let's take our best shot against those MotherShmuckers in our house and see what happens.

    Z

    The last time I listened to Gregg Williams on Hard Knocks he said "Let's hunt. LET'S PHUCKING HUNT!"  Should we ask poor Nick Foles how they responded?  

    The week before that Buffalo didn't get a first down until there was about 9 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

  • Im actually looking forward to it with more confidence than I have had.  I live in ohio 45 mins from pittspuke and have to battle alot of yinzers.  Even they have seen the improvement in the Browns and are showing some fear...radio talking heads arent leading with " week 5 of the steelers preseason"

    I think we give em a run for the money.

    @kvoethe said:

    Im actually looking forward to it with more confidence than I have had.  I live in ohio 45 mins from pittspuke and have to battle alot of yinzers.  Even they have seen the improvement in the Browns and are showing some fear...radio talking heads arent leading with " week 5 of the steelers preseason"

    I think we give em a run for the money.

    So let me get this straight. You think Steeler fans are idiots. The idiots tell you that the Browns are improved, and you believe them?

    YOU, my friend, are the idiot.

  • @kvoethe said:

    Im actually looking forward to it with more confidence than I have had.  I live in ohio 45 mins from pittspuke and have to battle alot of yinzers.  Even they have seen the improvement in the Browns and are showing some fear...radio talking heads arent leading with " week 5 of the steelers preseason"

    I think we give em a run for the money.

    So let me get this straight. You think Steeler fans are idiots. The idiots tell you that the Browns are improved, and you believe them?

    YOU, my friend, are the idiot.

    @ghoolie said:

    So let me get this straight. You think Steeler fans are idiots. The idiots tell you that the Browns are improved, and you believe them?

    YOU, my friend, are the idiot.

    We do not need the opinion of a frak whore 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    this odenigbo is a local kid. Looks ok, I can't find any real tape on him just 1-2 highlights where ofc he's going to look great. Im still really miffed at the O line not being settled this late. DL you can get together in much shorter time...O line takes vastly longer times to gel. If the Browns had a history of consistent, settled O line play...i'd be ok. But since this is Cleveland im not happy about this. 

    Since when has the OL not been settled? You're playing nervous nanny for the depth?   

    The only thing this team ever had was a consistent OL...now without Joe you're melting? 

    @choco said:

    Since when has the OL not been settled? You're playing nervous nanny for the depth?   

    The only thing this team ever had was a consistent OL...now without Joe you're melting? 

    arent we moving some undrafted FA rookie to LT? or did i read that wrong? movibg pieces around ob the OL 7 days before a home opener against pgh in a season thats probably brand wise the most important since 99 even without the possibity of another coach headed out the door.....i mean ur damn right im concerned.

    One week ago i wasnt doing backflips over our o line but i thought they might be able to get through the game without 1 or more qb's getting carted off the field. U know watt is coming off that left side right?