anyone else starting to have a bad feeling about the opener?
-
Hypothetical: Bell still holds out, and does not play. BR goes down with achilles heal, or a knee or a broken clavicle.
Then where is the Pissburgh offense? They will have A. Brown, and another decent receiver, and a decent TE. But they will have Josh Dobbs throwing and James Conner running.
Will they call back Landry Jones to start for them? Or will they pick up Colin Kaepernick....or make some other desparate move? IMO.....the Steeler offense is purely in the hands of BR.
Hypothetical: Bell still holds out, and does not play. BR goes down with achilles heal, or a knee or a broken clavicle.
Then where is the Pissburgh offense? They will have A. Brown, and another decent receiver, and a decent TE. But they will have Josh Dobbs throwing and James Conner running.
Will they call back Landry Jones to start for them? Or will they pick up Colin Kaepernick....or make some other desparate move? IMO.....the Steeler offense is purely in the hands of BR.
Are you fantasizing?
They'll go to their backups like any other team. Dobbs has earned that spot.
If he were to be out for any length of time, they'd probably add a veteran, but there ain't much out there, including Laundry Jones.
As long as Bell is there Wednesday, he should play Sunday.
Zombo
-
Hypothetical: Bell still holds out, and does not play. BR goes down with achilles heal, or a knee or a broken clavicle.
Then where is the Pissburgh offense? They will have A. Brown, and another decent receiver, and a decent TE. But they will have Josh Dobbs throwing and James Conner running.
Will they call back Landry Jones to start for them? Or will they pick up Colin Kaepernick....or make some other desparate move? IMO.....the Steeler offense is purely in the hands of BR.
Are you fantasizing?
They'll go to their backups like any other team. Dobbs has earned that spot.
If he were to be out for any length of time, they'd probably add a veteran, but there ain't much out there, including Laundry Jones.
As long as Bell is there Wednesday, he should play Sunday.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Are you fantasizing? Yes, of course. (didn't the word "hypothetical" give you a clue to that? You need to watch more science fiction so as to tune up your imagination!!)
They'll go to their backups like any other team. Dobbs has earned that spot. Fair enough. What do we all think about that?
If he were to be out for any length of time, they'd probably add a veteran, but there ain't much out there, including Laundry Jones.
OK....but who is the "Desperation Time" veteran QB that could be signed?
As long as Bell is there Wednesday, he should play Sunday.
OK, but my hypothetical presumes that that is not the case.
Zombo
-
Hypothetical: Bell still holds out, and does not play. BR goes down with achilles heal, or a knee or a broken clavicle.
Then where is the Pissburgh offense? They will have A. Brown, and another decent receiver, and a decent TE. But they will have Josh Dobbs throwing and James Conner running.
Will they call back Landry Jones to start for them? Or will they pick up Colin Kaepernick....or make some other desparate move? IMO.....the Steeler offense is purely in the hands of BR.
Are you fantasizing?
They'll go to their backups like any other team. Dobbs has earned that spot.
If he were to be out for any length of time, they'd probably add a veteran, but there ain't much out there, including Laundry Jones.
As long as Bell is there Wednesday, he should play Sunday.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Are you fantasizing?
Zombo
LOL-and how many games had Big Ben missed over the years. And have you seen the shape he has come back this year?
-
Zombo said:
Are you fantasizing?
Zombo
LOL-and how many games had Big Ben missed over the years. And have you seen the shape he has come back this year?
LOL-and how many games had Big Ben missed over the years. And have you seen the shape he has come back this year?
Means nothing. Most injuries are freak or flukes.....I think he is overdue for one. After all, Brady had to sit out a year. Rodgers was out most of last year. Brees lost either full or a couple of partial years. Peyton was out for a long while. The only guy that don't get hurt is Eli.
-
Not nervous about the opener, actually feeling more confident in this team than ever before... but my inner dna as a browns fan is prepared to lose 31-3
unless our def starters go down in droves within a quarter or two...31 pts is probably not possible. It's the offensive side of the ball and more importantly our QB's health that im most concerned with. We need to show well in this game even if we lose. Brand wise it's that important for Cleveland to not walk out there and bend over for pgh.
unless our def starters go down in droves within a quarter or two...31 pts is probably not possible. It's the offensive side of the ball and more importantly our QB's health that im most concerned with. We need to show well in this game even if we lose. Brand wise it's that important for Cleveland to not walk out there and bend over for pgh.
I believe in this defense, I wasn’t being serious about the score.
Sunday can’t come any sooner. I think the QB play will hinge on the run game
if our OLine and run game is good, the week 1 suffering might come to an end.
Non browns fans I run into here in Florida seem to really like the team, which I don’t recall happening in the past
-
No way we beat the Steelers...
Too many question marks with the Oline,
Tyrod will be running for his life.
Running game does OK, but gets shut down 2nd half
Someone will drop a key pass
Special teams will give up a big play.
The D will hold taught until the end
Steelers 17
Browns 16
14th consecutive opening season loss... It's going to happen.
My prediction...
No way we beat the Steelers...
Too many question marks with the Oline,
Tyrod will be running for his life.
Running game does OK, but gets shut down 2nd half
Someone will drop a key pass
Special teams will give up a big play.
The D will hold taught until the end
Steelers 17
Browns 16
14th consecutive opening season loss... It's going to happen.
My prediction...
CLose to my thoughts exactly.
-
unless our def starters go down in droves within a quarter or two...31 pts is probably not possible. It's the offensive side of the ball and more importantly our QB's health that im most concerned with. We need to show well in this game even if we lose. Brand wise it's that important for Cleveland to not walk out there and bend over for pgh.
I believe in this defense, I wasn’t being serious about the score.
Sunday can’t come any sooner. I think the QB play will hinge on the run game
if our OLine and run game is good, the week 1 suffering might come to an end.
Non browns fans I run into here in Florida seem to really like the team, which I don’t recall happening in the past
I believe in this defense, I wasn’t being serious about the score.
Sunday can’t come any sooner. I think the QB play will hinge on the run game
if our OLine and run game is good, the week 1 suffering might come to an end.
Non browns fans I run into here in Florida seem to really like the team, which I don’t recall happening in the past
Not true, not true at all. People ALWAYS fear the Browns on opening day. Because each year we add so many new players and coaches, the tendency is to give the Browns mroe credit than reality dictates. Opposing fans ALWAYS... EVERY YEAR.. clamor that " it looks like you guys are for real this year"... then reality hits.
For year 3 we start a dink and dump offense.
For year 3 we start a run first QB
The OL is not yet selected
THey have Ben, we have a car part.
Steelers win again.
-
I believe in this defense, I wasn’t being serious about the score.
Sunday can’t come any sooner. I think the QB play will hinge on the run game
if our OLine and run game is good, the week 1 suffering might come to an end.
Non browns fans I run into here in Florida seem to really like the team, which I don’t recall happening in the past
Not true, not true at all. People ALWAYS fear the Browns on opening day. Because each year we add so many new players and coaches, the tendency is to give the Browns mroe credit than reality dictates. Opposing fans ALWAYS... EVERY YEAR.. clamor that " it looks like you guys are for real this year"... then reality hits.
For year 3 we start a dink and dump offense.
For year 3 we start a run first QB
The OL is not yet selected
THey have Ben, we have a car part.
Steelers win again.
Not true, not true at all. People ALWAYS fear the Browns on opening day. Because each year we add so many new players and coaches, the tendency is to give the Browns mroe credit than reality dictates. Opposing fans ALWAYS... EVERY YEAR.. clamor that " it looks like you guys are for real this year"... then reality hits.
For year 3 we start a dink and dump offense.
For year 3 we start a run first QB
The OL is not yet selected
THey have Ben, we have a car part.
Steelers win again.
I fully expect Haley to stretch the field against his old team. Add to that the fact we have 3 receivers all of whom can take a dink/dunk to the house with YAC.
-
-
I believe in this defense, I wasn’t being serious about the score.
Sunday can’t come any sooner. I think the QB play will hinge on the run game
if our OLine and run game is good, the week 1 suffering might come to an end.
Non browns fans I run into here in Florida seem to really like the team, which I don’t recall happening in the past
Not true, not true at all. People ALWAYS fear the Browns on opening day. Because each year we add so many new players and coaches, the tendency is to give the Browns mroe credit than reality dictates. Opposing fans ALWAYS... EVERY YEAR.. clamor that " it looks like you guys are for real this year"... then reality hits.
For year 3 we start a dink and dump offense.
For year 3 we start a run first QB
The OL is not yet selected
THey have Ben, we have a car part.
Steelers win again.
Not true, not true at all. People ALWAYS fear the Browns on opening day.
That is some sig material right there my friend.
I think people may fear playing and losing to a horrible browns team, but that’s about it.
This year... that fear is legitimate. Hopefully you’re still not salty when the Browns don’t suck
-
Not true, not true at all. People ALWAYS fear the Browns on opening day.
That is some sig material right there my friend.
I think people may fear playing and losing to a horrible browns team, but that’s about it.
This year... that fear is legitimate. Hopefully you’re still not salty when the Browns don’t suck
That is some sig material right there my friend.
I think people may fear playing and losing to a horrible browns team, but that’s about it.
This year... that fear is legitimate. Hopefully you’re still not salty when the Browns don’t suck
Go back and look at what the trades say about the Browns every August...............almost to a man people predict "this" is the year they could cause a lot of problems.
As I just described to resident village idiot Gipper..................my saltiness has NOTHING TO DO WITH WINNING.
Are you guys that small minded? My saltiness centers around players and coaches that are non-deserving of being called Browns. My saltiness has to do with this shidtbag franchise giving away our lifetime head to head advantage over the Steelers. It has to do with how easy people have given the loyalty of decades to the real Browns, to this paper doll imitation.
They can win 19 in a row and my feelings would not change.
-
"Does anybody else have a bad feeling about the opener?"
Are you friggin' crazy?! We're like 1-17 in season openers since we returned, and we're something like 5-31 against the Steelers during that span. HECK YES WE'RE HAVING BAD FEELINGS ABOUT IT.
Listen, we can have all the talent in the world, and by all accounts, we actually DO have more talent this season. However, that's only half the battle. The other half is the "Cleveland Browns Effect". In other words, we're so used to losing, so used to finding ways to come up short, and so used to other teams doing what it takes to finish off games, that we first have to fight our way through ALL that crap to start winning. I don't want to hear that this is a new team, and 60% of our roster is different, or whatever else. Fact remains that our FRANCHISE doesn't know how to win and deep down in every player and coach's soul is a voice saying we can't do it. I'm not BLAMING them, it's only natural. Why would the voice say anything different? Our week 1 opponent might be the Steelers, but it's also the last 18 years of futility we're fighting against, too.
We find a way to silence that voice and conquer our demons, and this team can be just as good as anyone in the division. But know this, there will come a 3rd down this game that essentially determines the outcome. Are we going to bat the "punt pass" down into triple coverage? Or is Antonio Brown going to make a leaping catch to wrap up our loss like last year?
-
That is some sig material right there my friend.
I think people may fear playing and losing to a horrible browns team, but that’s about it.
This year... that fear is legitimate. Hopefully you’re still not salty when the Browns don’t suck
Go back and look at what the trades say about the Browns every August...............almost to a man people predict "this" is the year they could cause a lot of problems.
As I just described to resident village idiot Gipper..................my saltiness has NOTHING TO DO WITH WINNING.
Are you guys that small minded? My saltiness centers around players and coaches that are non-deserving of being called Browns. My saltiness has to do with this shidtbag franchise giving away our lifetime head to head advantage over the Steelers. It has to do with how easy people have given the loyalty of decades to the real Browns, to this paper doll imitation.
They can win 19 in a row and my feelings would not change.
Go back and look at what the trades say about the Browns every August...............almost to a man people predict "this" is the year they could cause a lot of problems.
As I just described to resident village idiot Gipper..................my saltiness has NOTHING TO DO WITH WINNING.
Are you guys that small minded? My saltiness centers around players and coaches that are non-deserving of being called Browns.
Because they don't win.
My saltiness has to do with this shidtbag franchise giving away our lifetime head to head advantage over the Steelers. It has to do with how easy people have given the loyalty of decades to the real Browns, to this paper doll imitation.
Just as Ghoolie would have if they were winners. That is the definition of a FRAK.
They can win 19 in a row and my feelings would not change.
I would make a wager against that. Lunch. Hopefully, at some point in time, his claim can be tested.
-
That is some sig material right there my friend.
I think people may fear playing and losing to a horrible browns team, but that’s about it.
This year... that fear is legitimate. Hopefully you’re still not salty when the Browns don’t suck
Go back and look at what the trades say about the Browns every August...............almost to a man people predict "this" is the year they could cause a lot of problems.
As I just described to resident village idiot Gipper..................my saltiness has NOTHING TO DO WITH WINNING.
Are you guys that small minded? My saltiness centers around players and coaches that are non-deserving of being called Browns. My saltiness has to do with this shidtbag franchise giving away our lifetime head to head advantage over the Steelers. It has to do with how easy people have given the loyalty of decades to the real Browns, to this paper doll imitation.
They can win 19 in a row and my feelings would not change.
They can win 19 in a row and my feelings would not change.
Why post on an Internet forum about them then?
I attended the game in Jacksonville when Tim Couch bombed a game winning Hail Mary to Quincy Morgan, the only browns victory I’ve ever attended. Browns fans who left early in the parking lot didn’t believe us.
This team can go 0-16 again, I’m gonna bleed orange and brown regardless
-
-
They can win 19 in a row and my feelings would not change.
Why post on an Internet forum about them then?
I attended the game in Jacksonville when Tim Couch bombed a game winning Hail Mary to Quincy Morgan, the only browns victory I’ve ever attended. Browns fans who left early in the parking lot didn’t believe us.
This team can go 0-16 again, I’m gonna bleed orange and brown regardless
Why post on an Internet forum about them then?
I attended the game in Jacksonville when Tim Couch bombed a game winning Hail Mary to Quincy Morgan, the only browns victory I’ve ever attended. Browns fans who left early in the parking lot didn’t believe us.
This team can go 0-16 again, I’m gonna bleed orange and brown regardless
I was there too! Still one of my favorite Browns memories. All game long some drunk redneck was just HOUNDING us, talking so much crap. When we had the ball during our last possession, the redneck kept screaming, "Go home Browns fans! It's a long walk, huh? Go home losers! Hahaha! You going home, NOW?!" I mean, he was so obnoxious, and we said nothing. I was with my friend at the time, a fellow Browns fanatic, and he's maybe 5'6 and 145 pounds. Well, immediately after the Hail Mary (and once it was confirmed, of course) my little friend jumped up, turned around, and began screaming in the redneck's face, "WE'LL GO HOME NOW, MOTHER EFFER! HOW ABOUT NOW? SHOULD WE GO HOME NOW, LOSER?! SCREW YOU, MOTHER EFFER!"
Suffice to say that immediately after his verbal explosion, a brawl broke out in spectacular magnitude. I'm talking about fists flying in the stands. Now, I'm a bigger guy and no stranger to throwing hands, but I'm way to smart to waste the best sporting experience ever fighting. We immediately took off and raced through the stadium with our arms raised holding up our index fingers saying we were number one. Like we won the dang Super Bowl. It was, and always will be, one of the best memories of my sporting life.
My other "Live Browns Memory" that will forever live on? When I flew up to Pittsburgh, I think a year later, and watched Tim Couch DOMINATE the Steelers on Sunday night. I live in Florida, so it was very expensive for me and my same friend, but we made it, and it was terrific. Not to mention I was sitting on the 40 yard, 5 rows up.
-
Our last week one win was during the Bush administration. This team is exponentially better than last year, but of course there's reservations on that front. However, the optimism that comes with a new NFL season will always outweigh that.
-
Our last week one win was during the Bush administration. This team is exponentially better than last year, but of course there's reservations on that front. However, the optimism that comes with a new NFL season will always outweigh that.
-
I'm feeling pretty good about the opener. Time to break the curse.
-
Our last week one win was during the Bush administration. This team is exponentially better than last year, but of course there's reservations on that front. However, the optimism that comes with a new NFL season will always outweigh that.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login