Five In Five Out
-
Except for like ONE single season in the last 25 years, at least 5 teams who made the playoffs the previous year, failed to make it again the following year. And that means that at least 5 teams that did not make it, did so the following year. I think one recent year....even maybe last year, it was 7 teams in and 7 out.
So, my question to you is: Which teams 5 that did make the playoffs last year, do you think will fail to do so again this year, and which 5 that were out last year, will be in this year? Give your opinion.
Just to refresh your memories, here are the teams that made the playoffs last year:
NFC: Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Rams
AFC: Patriots, Steelers, Jaguars, Bills, Titans Chiefs.
Here are my guesses:
NFC: Believe it or not, I will predict that the Eagles will not make the playoffs this year. Nor the Panthers. I put the Packers in....and, I guess, someone from the NFCE must make it, so I will say the Cowboys, but not really like it.
AFC: Bills, Titans, Chiefs, out. Chargers, Texans, Dolphins In.
-
NFC:
OUT: I will say Falcons and Panthers. It's hard to repeat what Eagles did last year, but their division is weak at the moment in my opinion. Panthers follow a good year with a bad one and Falcons will be close but won't make it.
IN: I think 49ers and Packers can give a surprise. I think Bears are going the right way but it's hard for me to put them before Rodge, I mean GB, and betting for 3 teams from the same playoffs is a way too risky.
AFC:
OUT: Steelers, Bills, Titans, Chiefs. Steelers have a bad defense and a QB one hit away from going to IR. Bills and Chiefs are going downhill. About Titans I'd say that they have a division that with Watson and Luck healthy it's going to be a close one.
IN: Jets, Ravens, Texans, Chargers. This is me just throwing names.
Now that I look at it, I should have made more moves in NFC and less in the AFC, as competition is bigger in NFC, but whatever, any pick I make today may go to garbage once injuries start to happen... Such a great sport this is.
-
if we had a "stable" o line situation that could help the run game chew up some clock, and with our defense.....i honestly think the browns could make some playoff noise. And next year, they would be one bosa away from possibly an afc championship appearance.
But thats predicated on they made the right cuts to our depth a few days ago. Next man is up is all fine and good if u have comperant next men thst can hold a position down enough for the srarter to get back in. Im not terribly happy with our depth right now at DE for example. DT's might be ok even tho meder did his job fine. But if either Garrett or ogbah get hurt, who's coming in? If garrett gets hurt, we have no timer and then we'll see where that secondary is at. Was not a huge fan of ogbah and nassib as prime pass rushers but at least ogbah could set some kind of timer and nassib could hold down the runs over the RT.
this odenigbo kid could be something tho. He looks like he has a decent power dig around the edge. Problem is all the tape ive seen is as the RDE, garrets position.
-
Except for like ONE single season in the last 25 years, at least 5 teams who made the playoffs the previous year, failed to make it again the following year. And that means that at least 5 teams that did not make it, did so the following year. I think one recent year....even maybe last year, it was 7 teams in and 7 out.
So, my question to you is: Which teams 5 that did make the playoffs last year, do you think will fail to do so again this year, and which 5 that were out last year, will be in this year? Give your opinion.
Just to refresh your memories, here are the teams that made the playoffs last year:
NFC: Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Rams
AFC: Patriots, Steelers, Jaguars, Bills, Titans Chiefs.
Here are my guesses:
NFC: Believe it or not, I will predict that the Eagles will not make the playoffs this year. Nor the Panthers. I put the Packers in....and, I guess, someone from the NFCE must make it, so I will say the Cowboys, but not really like it.
AFC: Bills, Titans, Chiefs, out. Chargers, Texans, Dolphins In.
Except for like ONE single season in the last 25 years, at least 5 teams who made the playoffs the previous year, failed to make it again the following year. And that means that at least 5 teams that did not make it, did so the following year. I think one recent year....even maybe last year, it was 7 teams in and 7 out.
So, my question to you is: Which teams 5 that did make the playoffs last year, do you think will fail to do so again this year, and which 5 that were out last year, will be in this year? Give your opinion.
Just to refresh your memories, here are the teams that made the playoffs last year:
NFC: Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Rams
AFC: Patriots, Steelers, Jaguars, Bills, Titans Chiefs.
Here are my guesses:
NFC: Believe it or not, I will predict that the Eagles will not make the playoffs this year. Nor the Panthers. I put the Packers in....and, I guess, someone from the NFCE must make it, so I will say the Cowboys, but not really like it.
AFC: Bills, Titans, Chiefs, out. Chargers, Texans, Dolphins In.
OUT: Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Carolina
IN: Cleveland, Houston, Chargers, NY Giants, Packers
-
Except for like ONE single season in the last 25 years, at least 5 teams who made the playoffs the previous year, failed to make it again the following year. And that means that at least 5 teams that did not make it, did so the following year. I think one recent year....even maybe last year, it was 7 teams in and 7 out.
So, my question to you is: Which teams 5 that did make the playoffs last year, do you think will fail to do so again this year, and which 5 that were out last year, will be in this year? Give your opinion.
Just to refresh your memories, here are the teams that made the playoffs last year:
NFC: Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Panthers, Falcons, Rams
AFC: Patriots, Steelers, Jaguars, Bills, Titans Chiefs.
Here are my guesses:
NFC: Believe it or not, I will predict that the Eagles will not make the playoffs this year. Nor the Panthers. I put the Packers in....and, I guess, someone from the NFCE must make it, so I will say the Cowboys, but not really like it.
AFC: Bills, Titans, Chiefs, out. Chargers, Texans, Dolphins In.
OUT: Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Carolina
IN: Cleveland, Houston, Chargers, NY Giants, Packers
Zombo said:
OUT: Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Carolina
IN: Cleveland, Houston, Chargers, NY Giants, Packers
Philly all depends upon when and if Wentz comes back in IMO. They are the biggest question mark after what our 1st Team D did to them. May have been pre-season, but the 1st half of the 3rd game is the most important half in all pre-season.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login