Skip to content

The Le'Veon Bell watch continues......... oh yeah, the soap opera goes on.

The Browns Board
94 21 1.8k 1
  • @vagitron said:

    Bell is older, two suspensions and he had a knee surgery. Bell is a terrific back, the best in the league but he wants paid for two positions. He was offered at the time the largest contract ever given to a hb and he turned it down. His contract offer was not drastically different than Gurley's. Gurley also has a clause in his contract with guarantees and injury I believe to boot. Bell can go get the mint he believes he is owed from another team.

    Annnnnd the season is starting. The money thing is how things are handled in the offseason, not during practice for week one. Bell said he was going to report, he hasn't and the line is pissed off. They weren't messing with his "money" until he lied, further more the steelers can't offer him more until after the season so any "messing with his money" will be with another team. He probably shouldn't have blown smoke up a bunch of people's asses.

    And despite that, he's been the best RB in the league. To not offer a similar contract which you clearly didn't know (see choco's post) is a slap in the face. You're not wrong about Gurley's contract, but his fully guaranteed money is north of $20 million. Maybe he could have handled the end game better, but the Steelers despite what you've said absolutely abused Bell the past three seasons. He absolutely deserves what he's asking for and the Steelers scoffed. It's their right to do it, but I'd see it as a huge slap in the face if I was Bell too. To franchise the guy twice despite all that is, put simply, a finger move.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #41

    @jrb12711 said:

    And despite that, he's been the best RB in the league. To not offer a similar contract which you clearly didn't know (see choco's post) is a slap in the face. You're not wrong about Gurley's contract, but his fully guaranteed money is north of $20 million. Maybe he could have handled the end game better, but the Steelers despite what you've said absolutely abused Bell the past three seasons. He absolutely deserves what he's asking for and the Steelers scoffed. It's their right to do it, but I'd see it as a huge slap in the face if I was Bell too. To franchise the guy twice despite all that is, put simply, a finger move.

    They offered him the richest running back contract in the history of the league and he turned it down. Gurley signed after bell. They just don't overpay. He deserves 17m per year at the most volatile position in the league?

    And how did they "abuse" him. He wants paid a Sheet load of money because of what he can do. Bell ain't the only cog in the wheel. Check the steelers record without him.

  • @vagitron said:

    Bell is older, two suspensions and he had a knee surgery. Bell is a terrific back, the best in the league but he wants paid for two positions. He was offered at the time the largest contract ever given to a hb and he turned it down. His contract offer was not drastically different than Gurley's. Gurley also has a clause in his contract with guarantees and injury I believe to boot. Bell can go get the mint he believes he is owed from another team.

    Annnnnd the season is starting. The money thing is how things are handled in the offseason, not during practice for week one. Bell said he was going to report, he hasn't and the line is pissed off. They weren't messing with his "money" until he lied, further more the steelers can't offer him more until after the season so any "messing with his money" will be with another team. He probably shouldn't have blown smoke up a bunch of people's asses.

    Let's ask this question:     If, say after 6 weeks, Bell says "I am ready to come back, open the door, let me in",   can the Steeler say "no thank you,  we think we got a guy that can do everything you can who is much younger and cheaper.....be on your way now" (not that I think that will be true).   Can they do that, not pay him at all?   Would they have to release him,  making him free to sign anywhere for the rest of this season? 

    Or, at this point, could the Steelers even trade him?  Get something for him, even a low draft pick?  (out of the division/conference, that is....better for them to do it that way, since if they just release him, he could sign anywhere, even within the division.  I bet the Ravens would be glad to scoop him up).  

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #42

    @the-gipper said:

    Let's ask this question:     If, say after 6 weeks, Bell says "I am ready to come back, open the door, let me in",   can the Steeler say "no thank you,  we think we got a guy that can do everything you can who is much younger and cheaper.....be on your way now" (not that I think that will be true).   Can they do that, not pay him at all?   Would they have to release him,  making him free to sign anywhere for the rest of this season? 

    Or, at this point, could the Steelers even trade him?  Get something for him, even a low draft pick?  (out of the division/conference, that is....better for them to do it that way, since if they just release him, he could sign anywhere, even within the division.  I bet the Ravens would be glad to scoop him up).  

    He just signs the tag and he's fine. If they release him they lose a 3rd round compensatory  pick. They would need to rescind the tag to tell him no. They can trade him but the cost is two first round draft picks I believe for a franchise tag.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I mean, the market says he is worth more than that. Todd Gurley just got $40 million guaranteed, why would Bell not get that contract as well?

    Probably because as cheapskates go, the Steelers are only 2d to the Bengals amongs NFL franchises?

    Holdouts are what get deals done in the NFL. The owners get a total pass on not honoring contracts, but when players do it they're scumbags despite the market stating their worth is higher. 

    What the players are doing in Pittsburgh is extremely rare to do publicly. Any NFL player will tell you that just about the #1 unwritten rule is to never get into people's business when it comes to contracts and money.

    And that tells us that Leveon Bell has gone beyond what other players must have ever done to alienate his teammates.  Or that, whomever is now in control of the Steelers after Dan Rooney died does not have nearly the respect of Steeler players the way that Dan or his Dad Art had.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @the-gipper said:

    You are talking out of your butt. The Steelers aren't cheap. Art II has the team and he's been around a long butt time. The Steelers don't really mess too much with hold outs, look what happened when Hines tried the same and bell cannot get a nickel more from the steelers until AFTER the season so holding out now doesn't guarantee him anything more.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Let's ask this question:     If, say after 6 weeks, Bell says "I am ready to come back, open the door, let me in",   can the Steeler say "no thank you,  we think we got a guy that can do everything you can who is much younger and cheaper.....be on your way now" (not that I think that will be true).   Can they do that, not pay him at all?   Would they have to release him,  making him free to sign anywhere for the rest of this season? 

    Or, at this point, could the Steelers even trade him?  Get something for him, even a low draft pick?  (out of the division/conference, that is....better for them to do it that way, since if they just release him, he could sign anywhere, even within the division.  I bet the Ravens would be glad to scoop him up).  

    He just signs the tag and he's fine. If they release him they lose a 3rd round compensatory  pick. They would need to rescind the tag to tell him no. They can trade him but the cost is two first round draft picks I believe for a franchise tag.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @vagitron said:

    He just signs the tag and he's fine. If they release him they lose a 3rd round compensatory  pick. They would need to rescind the tag to tell him no. They can trade him but the cost is two first round draft picks I believe for a franchise tag.

    So, they need to release the tag.   But, if they release the tag, then can they not trade him for whatever?   Even the third rounder they would get in comp? 

    Or would he become a complete FA?   As for him just signing and him being fine....you are not getting my point:  what if they don't want him there now anymore? 

    If he signs the tag, and he reports, then MUST they trade him for only the 2 1st round picks?  Which for him, a 27 year old, possibly run down RB, is way to big of a load for any team.

  • @the-gipper said:

    You are talking out of your butt. The Steelers aren't cheap. Art II has the team and he's been around a long butt time. The Steelers don't really mess too much with hold outs, look what happened when Hines tried the same and bell cannot get a nickel more from the steelers until AFTER the season so holding out now doesn't guarantee him anything more.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @vagitron said:

    You are talking out of your butt. The Steelers aren't cheap. Art II has the team and he's been around a long butt time. The Steelers don't really mess too much with hold outs, look what happened when Hines tried the same and bell cannot get a nickel more from the steelers until AFTER the season so holding out now doesn't guarantee him anything more.

    Right....they don't mess around with holdouts.  HInes holds out, Bell holds out.  etc.  Meaning that they are too CHEAP to sign their top players to top contracts, except maybe BR.  And just because Art II has the team and has been around a long time does not mean he commands the respect of the players.   By all accounts, despite having a short tenure,  Al Lerner had all kinds of respect from his team (coaches/players/GMs etc.)  Just because the Dad has the respect does not mean the son does too......see Randy Lerner.  Do you think that Mike Brown has garnered the same kind of respect as Paul Brown did? Not on your life.   Sometimes, sure, it works the other way:   Jim Irsay, despite his substance issues, has more respect than old man Robert Irsay did.  I doubt that the Hunt kid or kids had the same as Dad Lamar.  The Bidwill Boys probably have more respect than the old man Bill Bidwill did.   And I don't think that his sister has garnered near the same kind of respect from the players that Eddie DeBartolo Jr. had.  Respect does NOT automatically become inherited.

  • that $33m was not fully guaranteed

    Ian Rapoport@RapSheet
    Mentioned yesterday the #Steelers final offer to RB Le’Veon Bell was 5 years, $70M. More context today: The fully guaranteed part was his signing bonus of just over $10M. He would’ve made $33M over the 1st two years — in a rolling guaranteed structure. $45M over the 1st 3 years.

    funny how you know very little about your team...

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #46

    @choco said:

    that $33m was not fully guaranteed

    funny how you know very little about your team...

    I'm fully aware, the steelers also restructure a lot which is favorable to the player.  Rapoport also talks out of his butt A LOT. Did you forget to read the "rolling guaranteed" portion of that tweet from Mr. WRONG LOT? Gurley's contract is structured in a similar manner.

  • @vagitron said:

    He just signs the tag and he's fine. If they release him they lose a 3rd round compensatory  pick. They would need to rescind the tag to tell him no. They can trade him but the cost is two first round draft picks I believe for a franchise tag.

    So, they need to release the tag.   But, if they release the tag, then can they not trade him for whatever?   Even the third rounder they would get in comp? 

    Or would he become a complete FA?   As for him just signing and him being fine....you are not getting my point:  what if they don't want him there now anymore? 

    If he signs the tag, and he reports, then MUST they trade him for only the 2 1st round picks?  Which for him, a 27 year old, possibly run down RB, is way to big of a load for any team.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #47

    @the-gipper said:

    So, they need to release the tag.   But, if they release the tag, then can they not trade him for whatever?   Even the third rounder they would get in comp? 

    Or would he become a complete FA?   As for him just signing and him being fine....you are not getting my point:  what if they don't want him there now anymore? 

    If he signs the tag, and he reports, then MUST they trade him for only the 2 1st round picks?  Which for him, a 27 year old, possibly run down RB, is way to big of a load for any team.

    They dont need to do anything. He signs the tag or he reports week 10. Every game he misses prior to week 10 he gives up nearly 900k. If he doesn't report he loses the season and it messes with his free agency status. The Steelers never negotiate contracts in season, never. It has zero to do with being cheap. 

    I'd take the two firsts in a heart beat but I don't believe a team offers it.

    As far as rooney is concerned you talk out of your a$$ a lot. Bell is being greedy, he's the only one. It has zero to do with player respect for ownership. You should apply for a media position you drum up bs better than a dung beetle. Art II was in control of the team long before Dan rooney passed away.

  • @choco said:

    that $33m was not fully guaranteed

    funny how you know very little about your team...

    I'm fully aware, the steelers also restructure a lot which is favorable to the player.  Rapoport also talks out of his butt A LOT. Did you forget to read the "rolling guaranteed" portion of that tweet from Mr. WRONG LOT? Gurley's contract is structured in a similar manner.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @vagitron said:

    I'm fully aware, the steelers also restructure a lot which is favorable to the player.  Rapoport also talks out of his butt A LOT. Did you forget to read the "rolling guaranteed" portion of that tweet from Mr. WRONG LOT?

    So, anyone that says anything rightly critical of the Squealers talks out of their butt?  Is that all we are going to get from you this year? 

    "You are talking out of your butt"

    "You are talking out of your butt"

    "You are talking out of your butt"

    How do you know, unless you are down there sniffing our butts?

  • @vagitron said:

    I'm fully aware, the steelers also restructure a lot which is favorable to the player.  Rapoport also talks out of his butt A LOT. Did you forget to read the "rolling guaranteed" portion of that tweet from Mr. WRONG LOT?

    So, anyone that says anything rightly critical of the Squealers talks out of their butt?  Is that all we are going to get from you this year? 

    "You are talking out of your butt"

    "You are talking out of your butt"

    "You are talking out of your butt"

    How do you know, unless you are down there sniffing our butts?

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #49

    @the-gipper said:

    So, anyone that says anything rightly critical of the Squealers talks out of their butt?  Is that all we are going to get from you this year? 

    "You are talking out of your butt"

    "You are talking out of your butt"

    "You are talking out of your butt"

    How do you know, unless you are down there sniffing our butts?

    You completely made up an issue with ownership. A complete and total fabrication based on nothing but your desire to type it out. I'm talking about ONLY that portion of your post. You do it allllllllllllllllllllllllll the time.

    Art II has been an owner since 2003.

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, they need to release the tag.   But, if they release the tag, then can they not trade him for whatever?   Even the third rounder they would get in comp? 

    Or would he become a complete FA?   As for him just signing and him being fine....you are not getting my point:  what if they don't want him there now anymore? 

    If he signs the tag, and he reports, then MUST they trade him for only the 2 1st round picks?  Which for him, a 27 year old, possibly run down RB, is way to big of a load for any team.

    They dont need to do anything. He signs the tag or he reports week 10. Every game he misses prior to week 10 he gives up nearly 900k. If he doesn't report he loses the season and it messes with his free agency status. The Steelers never negotiate contracts in season, never. It has zero to do with being cheap. 

    I'd take the two firsts in a heart beat but I don't believe a team offers it.

    As far as rooney is concerned you talk out of your a$$ a lot. Bell is being greedy, he's the only one. It has zero to do with player respect for ownership. You should apply for a media position you drum up bs better than a dung beetle. Art II was in control of the team long before Dan rooney passed away.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @vagitron said:

    They dont need to do anything. He signs the tag or he reports week 10. Every game he misses prior to week 10 he gives up nearly 900k. If he doesn't report he loses the season and it messes with his free agency status. The Steelers never negotiate contracts in season, never. It has zero to do with being cheap. 

    Oh, you poor, deluded child.  They are cheap   (but that does not mean I think they are wrong on this)

    I'd take the two firsts in a heart beat but I don't believe a team offers it.

    Sure, anyone would.....but I agree no one would offer that.

    As far as rooney is concerned you talk out of your a$$ a lot.

    No, you are clueless, as usual.  Blind, really. and thee you go again sticking your nose in my arse.  How does it smell?

    Bell is being greedy, he's the only one.

    I doubt he is the only one, just the only one that has taken it to this extent.

    It has zero to do with player respect for ownership.

    You completely have NO clue about human nature.  Bell wants X dollars,  Art II doesn't want to give it to him. Bell whines, complains, holds out, refuses to report.  Art says, too bad, no soup for you.  Do you REALLY think that Bell would NOT lose respect for Steeler ownership (even if he is misguided?)   If , so, again, I say you do not understand human nature.   I am in the human nature business, you sell like hot dogs or tacos or something.  I think I understand human nature better than you do.

    You should apply for a media position you drum up bs better than a dung beetle. Art II was in control of the team long before Dan rooney passed away.

    It is not BS. Again, it is called understanding human nature. You are inept at that.  When we want to know the recipe for chili dogs, we will contact you. When you want to know about life in America,  someone else will need to be consulted.

  • @vagitron said:

    They dont need to do anything. He signs the tag or he reports week 10. Every game he misses prior to week 10 he gives up nearly 900k. If he doesn't report he loses the season and it messes with his free agency status. The Steelers never negotiate contracts in season, never. It has zero to do with being cheap. 

    Oh, you poor, deluded child.  They are cheap   (but that does not mean I think they are wrong on this)

    I'd take the two firsts in a heart beat but I don't believe a team offers it.

    Sure, anyone would.....but I agree no one would offer that.

    As far as rooney is concerned you talk out of your a$$ a lot.

    No, you are clueless, as usual.  Blind, really. and thee you go again sticking your nose in my arse.  How does it smell?

    Bell is being greedy, he's the only one.

    I doubt he is the only one, just the only one that has taken it to this extent.

    It has zero to do with player respect for ownership.

    You completely have NO clue about human nature.  Bell wants X dollars,  Art II doesn't want to give it to him. Bell whines, complains, holds out, refuses to report.  Art says, too bad, no soup for you.  Do you REALLY think that Bell would NOT lose respect for Steeler ownership (even if he is misguided?)   If , so, again, I say you do not understand human nature.   I am in the human nature business, you sell like hot dogs or tacos or something.  I think I understand human nature better than you do.

    You should apply for a media position you drum up bs better than a dung beetle. Art II was in control of the team long before Dan rooney passed away.

    It is not BS. Again, it is called understanding human nature. You are inept at that.  When we want to know the recipe for chili dogs, we will contact you. When you want to know about life in America,  someone else will need to be consulted.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #51

    @the-gipper said:

    I don't care what bell thinks. You implied an issue with the entire team. Rooney has been an owner since 2003 and inherited his dad's share when Dan passed away. Bell at the time was offered the richest running back contract in the history of the league and he turned it down. They rode with him through two suspensions and a knee injury. If he doesn't respect art II and doesn't understand its a business from both ends he can get f**ked. Bring on the Connor era.

  • @the-gipper said:

    So, anyone that says anything rightly critical of the Squealers talks out of their butt?  Is that all we are going to get from you this year? 

    "You are talking out of your butt"

    "You are talking out of your butt"

    "You are talking out of your butt"

    How do you know, unless you are down there sniffing our butts?

    You completely made up an issue with ownership. A complete and total fabrication based on nothing but your desire to type it out. I'm talking about ONLY that portion of your post. You do it allllllllllllllllllllllllll the time.

    Art II has been an owner since 2003.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @vagitron said:

    You completely made up an issue with ownership. A complete and total fabrication based on nothing but your desire to type it out. I'm talking about ONLY that portion of your post. You do it allllllllllllllllllllllllll the time.

    Art II has been an owner since 2003.

    Jimmy Haslam was a Steeler partial owner in 2003.  That don't mean he gets respect from Steeler players, does it?

    And you have a litany of players who have had contract disputes with Steeler managment/ownership.  Sorry, but that DOES affect the respect that people have for someone.  Maybe they are all soft and cuddly with each other when times are good, but when they want paid? Not so much....as is happening now.

    And how many top free agents have signed with Pisstown?  None that I can recall.  So, apparently, among the rest of the players of the league, Pittsburgh is definitely NOT considered a prime destination for them.

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #53

    And gipper you are Shmucking attorney not an astronaut. I know plenty of really bad ones and law schools pump em out at an alarming rate. I have a successful business that doesn't require slaving over other peoples cowpoop and eventually will lead to me sitting back and collecting pay checks while I do what I want. You also forget I went to school for political science, I nearly went to law school. (I had a 175 on my lsat, so spare me the bs and the back handed insult)

  • @vagitron said:

    You completely made up an issue with ownership. A complete and total fabrication based on nothing but your desire to type it out. I'm talking about ONLY that portion of your post. You do it allllllllllllllllllllllllll the time.

    Art II has been an owner since 2003.

    Jimmy Haslam was a Steeler partial owner in 2003.  That don't mean he gets respect from Steeler players, does it?

    And you have a litany of players who have had contract disputes with Steeler managment/ownership.  Sorry, but that DOES affect the respect that people have for someone.  Maybe they are all soft and cuddly with each other when times are good, but when they want paid? Not so much....as is happening now.

    And how many top free agents have signed with Pisstown?  None that I can recall.  So, apparently, among the rest of the players of the league, Pittsburgh is definitely NOT considered a prime destination for them.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #54

    @the-gipper said:

    Jimmy Haslam was a Steeler partial owner in 2003.  That don't mean he gets respect from Steeler players, does it?

    And you have a litany of players who have had contract disputes with Steeler managment/ownership.  Sorry, but that DOES affect the respect that people have for someone.  Maybe they are all soft and cuddly with each other when times are good, but when they want paid? Not so much....as is happening now.

    And how many top free agents have signed with Pisstown?  None that I can recall.  So, apparently, among the rest of the players of the league, Pittsburgh is definitely NOT considered a prime destination for them.

    Haslam isn't a rooney and comparing the two is comical. Three generations in Pittsburgh, you don't see the difference Mr. Human nature.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I don't care what bell thinks. You implied an issue with the entire team. Rooney has been an owner since 2003 and inherited his dad's share when Dan passed away. Bell at the time was offered the richest running back contract in the history of the league and he turned it down. They rode with him through two suspensions and a knee injury. If he doesn't respect art II and doesn't understand its a business from both ends he can get f**ked. Bring on the Connor era.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #55

    @vagitron said:

    I don't care what bell thinks. You implied an issue with the entire team. Rooney has been an owner since 2003 and inherited his dad's share when Dan passed away. Bell at the time was offered the richest running back contract in the history of the league and he turned it down. They rode with him through two suspensions and a knee injury. If he doesn't respect art II and doesn't understand its a business from both ends he can get f**ked. Bring on the Connor era.

    I am not defending Bell...by any means.  But, whatever is going on, you have the entire team acting like  Animal House apparently. 

    As for Conner, you always do this:  you always think that whomever replace Hall of Fame talent on that team will be just as good. Like when whomever replaced finger LeBeau.  And Conner to take over for Bell and be as good?  I would make a wager against that.   Why dont' you just go ahead and sit BR down?  After all, whomever would be there to replace him would become just as good, according to your philosophy.

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #56

    And the steelers don't overspend in free agency. They draft well and have players that demand substantial portions of the salary cap. They aren't the Browns who blow entire draft classes and have a bunch of nobodies that need paid until NOW where they are finally fielding a solid roster.

  • @vagitron said:

    I don't care what bell thinks. You implied an issue with the entire team. Rooney has been an owner since 2003 and inherited his dad's share when Dan passed away. Bell at the time was offered the richest running back contract in the history of the league and he turned it down. They rode with him through two suspensions and a knee injury. If he doesn't respect art II and doesn't understand its a business from both ends he can get f**ked. Bring on the Connor era.

    I am not defending Bell...by any means.  But, whatever is going on, you have the entire team acting like  Animal House apparently. 

    As for Conner, you always do this:  you always think that whomever replace Hall of Fame talent on that team will be just as good. Like when whomever replaced finger LeBeau.  And Conner to take over for Bell and be as good?  I would make a wager against that.   Why dont' you just go ahead and sit BR down?  After all, whomever would be there to replace him would become just as good, according to your philosophy.

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #57

    @the-gipper said:

    I am not defending Bell...by any means.  But, whatever is going on, you have the entire team acting like  Animal House apparently. 

    As for Conner, you always do this:  you always think that whomever replace Hall of Fame talent on that team will be just as good. Like when whomever replaced finger LeBeau.  And Conner to take over for Bell and be as good?  I would make a wager against that.   Why dont' you just go ahead and sit BR down?  After all, whomever would be there to replace him would become just as good, according to your philosophy.

    Running back is the most replaceable position in the league. Connor has had a tremendous camp. He would have been a first round pick if not for the cancer based on his collegiate production. He won't be lev bell but behind our line he doesn't need to be.

  • And gipper you are Shmucking attorney not an astronaut. I know plenty of really bad ones and law schools pump em out at an alarming rate. I have a successful business that doesn't require slaving over other peoples cowpoop and eventually will lead to me sitting back and collecting pay checks while I do what I want. You also forget I went to school for political science, I nearly went to law school. (I had a 175 on my lsat, so spare me the bs and the back handed insult)

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #58

    @vagitron said:

    And gipper you are Shmucking attorney not an astronaut. I know plenty of really bad ones and law schools pump em out at an alarming rate. I have a successful business that doesn't require slaving over other peoples cowpoop and eventually will lead to me sitting back and collecting pay checks while I do what I want. You also forget I went to school for political science, I nearly went to law school. (I had a 175 on my lsat, so spare me the bs and the back handed insult)

    So? You think that astronauts know more about human nature than attorneys? Yea, right, I can see why you went into selling popcorn and bagels.  More your intellect.

    Almost went to law school?   That is like saying " I was almost pregnant".  You didn't go to law school, and you are not pregnant.  (and I can tell you that going to law school does not really prepare you for dealing with human beings and their problems.  Only experience does that). 

    And by no means was I giving you a backhanded insult.  By no means.   It was a full, open handed frontal insult.  If I had given you a back handed insult, you likely would not have been aware of it. 

  • And the steelers don't overspend in free agency. They draft well and have players that demand substantial portions of the salary cap. They aren't the Browns who blow entire draft classes and have a bunch of nobodies that need paid until NOW where they are finally fielding a solid roster.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #59

    @vagitron said:

    And the steelers don't overspend in free agency. They draft well and have players that demand substantial portions of the salary cap. They aren't the Browns who blow entire draft classes and have a bunch of nobodies that need paid until NOW where they are finally fielding a solid roster.

    I am certainly NOT going to defend the Browns terrible draft record.  As for drafting "well"?  Well, they have hit on a few, very important picks as well.  The primary one being BR....but that was what?  14 years ago?  And yes, they don't overspend on free agency...because they are too cheap to do so, just like I said.

  • @vagitron said:

    And gipper you are Shmucking attorney not an astronaut. I know plenty of really bad ones and law schools pump em out at an alarming rate. I have a successful business that doesn't require slaving over other peoples cowpoop and eventually will lead to me sitting back and collecting pay checks while I do what I want. You also forget I went to school for political science, I nearly went to law school. (I had a 175 on my lsat, so spare me the bs and the back handed insult)

    So? You think that astronauts know more about human nature than attorneys? Yea, right, I can see why you went into selling popcorn and bagels.  More your intellect.

    Almost went to law school?   That is like saying " I was almost pregnant".  You didn't go to law school, and you are not pregnant.  (and I can tell you that going to law school does not really prepare you for dealing with human beings and their problems.  Only experience does that). 

    And by no means was I giving you a backhanded insult.  By no means.   It was a full, open handed frontal insult.  If I had given you a back handed insult, you likely would not have been aware of it. 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #60

    @the-gipper said:

    So? You think that astronauts know more about human nature than attorneys? Yea, right, I can see why you went into selling popcorn and bagels.  More your intellect.

    Almost went to law school?   That is like saying " I was almost pregnant".  You didn't go to law school, and you are not pregnant.  (and I can tell you that going to law school does not really prepare you for dealing with human beings and their problems.  Only experience does that). 

    And by no means was I giving you a backhanded insult.  By no means.   It was a full, open handed frontal insult.  If I had given you a back handed insult, you likely would not have been aware of it. 

    It was more a knock on your supposed other worldly intelligence than it was a comparison of professions. I changed my mind on law school after preparing to go. I had no desire to throw myself into that rat race where every small town has 6-10 attorneys, who knows how many in major cities.