Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. Steelers Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
293 49 7.3k 2
  • Rookie moment.  Welcome to the NFL, Ward.  

    hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Rookie moment.  Welcome to the NFL, Ward.  

    Not sure he could have defended that much better

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Rookie moment.  Welcome to the NFL, Ward.  

    Not sure he could have defended that much better

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @hx214 said:

    Not sure he could have defended that much better

    Not really.  Had solid position just AB being AB.     I expected Ward to have some moments of good and bad.  

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Looks like Tyrod is black Tarkenton after all.

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by

    21-7 halfway through the third

    Browns looking a lot better than last year, but they still need time to get things working right (penalties, passing game, etc)

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Ends getting too far up field, weakside cutbacks are killing them up front.  

  • G Gafreleets wrote on last edited by

    Bell who?

    Conner ballin out!

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    As a general point, I sure hope this isnt a sign of how they are going to be reffing. All these flags are unbearable.

  • C cuwoohio wrote on last edited by

    Same old, same old. 

  • 21-7 halfway through the third

    Browns looking a lot better than last year, but they still need time to get things working right (penalties, passing game, etc)

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @tinythinker said:

    21-7 halfway through the third

    Browns looking a lot better than last year, but they still need time to get things working right (penalties, passing game, etc)

    I wouldn't say we look a lot better at all.

  • @baconhound said:

    Lack of discipline is a head coach's responsibility.  Myles Garrett does one good thing and then one dumb thing.

    The PF on him is NOT his fault.  It's horseshit rule changes that are simply unavoidable at full speed.      The off sides is one thing but he has made up for it with a sack and another pressure. 

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    The PF on him is NOT his fault.  It's horseshit rule changes that are simply unavoidable at full speed.      The off sides is one thing but he has made up for it with a sack and another pressure. 

    The PF is a a stupid rule but a rule nonetheless.  The penalty counts.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    The PF on him is NOT his fault.  It's horseshit rule changes that are simply unavoidable at full speed.      The off sides is one thing but he has made up for it with a sack and another pressure. 

    The PF is a a stupid rule but a rule nonetheless.  The penalty counts.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    The PF is a a stupid rule but a rule nonetheless.  The penalty counts.

    That's cool and I get that, but the "body weight" thing will be VERY subjective moving forward and mark my words will cause controversy to the point where it will be revised in the off-season.     Full speed with a QB scrambling will be damn near impossible to avoid.  As a coach I'll tell him to keep his wits about him but I'd be the furthest thing from mad.  

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by

    Holy crap.... joe Haden rides Gordon’s face mask all the way into the end zone and zero call. Wtf...   

    That’s the healthy Joe Haden I remember

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Schobert not looking for that drag from AB and getting caught picking his own man .  

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    Wait, you're telling me a 3rd down blitz resulted in a wide open cross route? Man it's almost like we've seen that 10000000 times!

  • @baconhound said:

    The PF is a a stupid rule but a rule nonetheless.  The penalty counts.

    That's cool and I get that, but the "body weight" thing will be VERY subjective moving forward and mark my words will cause controversy to the point where it will be revised in the off-season.     Full speed with a QB scrambling will be damn near impossible to avoid.  As a coach I'll tell him to keep his wits about him but I'd be the furthest thing from mad.  

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    That's cool and I get that, but the "body weight" thing will be VERY subjective moving forward and mark my words will cause controversy to the point where it will be revised in the off-season.     Full speed with a QB scrambling will be damn near impossible to avoid.  As a coach I'll tell him to keep his wits about him but I'd be the furthest thing from mad.  

    And so hard to officiate.  I think we all know what they are trying to do but I think next to impossible to call in real-time.

  • Holy crap.... joe Haden rides Gordon’s face mask all the way into the end zone and zero call. Wtf...   

    That’s the healthy Joe Haden I remember

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @hx214 said:

    Holy crap.... joe Haden rides Gordon’s face mask all the way into the end zone and zero call. Wtf...   

    That’s the healthy Joe Haden I remember

    I have less of a problem with that then I do with Puffy not out jumping a 5'9 Haden or at least trying to out jump him.

  • @hx214 said:

    Holy crap.... joe Haden rides Gordon’s face mask all the way into the end zone and zero call. Wtf...   

    That’s the healthy Joe Haden I remember

    I have less of a problem with that then I do with Puffy not out jumping a 5'9 Haden or at least trying to out jump him.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

     I have less of a problem with that then I do with Puffy not out jumping a 5'9 Haden or at least trying to out jump him.

    Gordon has never been a 50/50 jump ball receiver.  Ever.

    He's a vertical threat by beating someone past them.  Larry Fitz he is not.  

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    Incredibly lucky break, obviously hit chubb. Gotta move here.

  • @hx214 said:

    Holy crap.... joe Haden rides Gordon’s face mask all the way into the end zone and zero call. Wtf...   

    That’s the healthy Joe Haden I remember

    I have less of a problem with that then I do with Puffy not out jumping a 5'9 Haden or at least trying to out jump him.

    hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214

    @baconhound said:

    I have less of a problem with that then I do with Puffy not out jumping a 5'9 Haden or at least trying to out jump him.

    Ah so your cool with a defender jumping on top of a WR in an obvious penalty in the end zone with a no call. 

    Got it! 

  • @baconhound said:

     I have less of a problem with that then I do with Puffy not out jumping a 5'9 Haden or at least trying to out jump him.

    Gordon has never been a 50/50 jump ball receiver.  Ever.

    He's a vertical threat by beating someone past them.  Larry Fitz he is not.  

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    Gordon has never been a 50/50 jump ball receiver.  Ever.

    He's a vertical threat by beating someone past them.  Larry Fitz he is not.  

    I take that back.