Skip to content

well surprise surprise...we still suck

The Browns Board
88 29 2.7k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Ward looked great just like you said?

    One of three times you mentioned "Ward" in the past year.

    honored that you take the time to search for me....

    yes I think ward will be  good.  Last I checked it's not  my responsibility to catalog all my opinions about every player for you multiple times before the season.  What other players would you like me to opine on before I can comment on them in the future?

    @tacosman said:

    honored that you take the time to search for me....

    yes I think ward will be  good.  Last I checked it's not  my responsibility to catalog all my opinions about every player for you multiple times before the season.  What other players would you like me to opine on before I can comment on them in the future?

    I checked because in general you are full of sh!t. And this time was no exception.

    Opine on whomever you like... just don't change the level of praise when you see then play later.

    And for the record I was a pretty good, all-around volleyball player in my day. Worked with a former US Olympian at the Painesville YMCA one summer back in '73.

  • surprised the defense was still on their feet after all the 3 and outs the offense managed.  long way to go but at least they have already improved on last season's record

  • I thought Tyrod was pedestrian in the passing game, the Oline was not very good, so some of his problems were due to lack of time, that has to improve.

  • That Sheet undrafted free agent we have starting isn't going to help.

  • I sure miss that lard azz LT who wore #73...what’s his name?! ?

  • We have to make a change on the left side.  They were killing us.

  • If a tie as 3 pt underdogs when you are 1-31 can seem like a bad result....well this was an example of such.

    A FIVE TURNOVER EDGE......wtf is the record of nfl teams with a five turnover edge?  Gotta be 90% right?  

    And these werent relatively benign turnovers.  Hell one was essentially a td return.  

    Maybe the weather was part of the reason for the offense sucking, but c'mon......tyrod looked like complete trash.  

    Our supposedly good wide recieving corps?  Ummmm....well landry showed up I guess sort of.  The rest looked like crap.  

    After today Im just really worried about our offense.....another Sheet performance like that and sure...bring on the rookie.

    Hyde looked like he had weights in his shoes.

    Offensive line whipped play after play.

    After pitt got up 21-7, defense played really well....but wonder how much of this was just ben and the weather....

    can we stop sending peppers sorry butt out their for punt returns as well?

    If we cant win a game where we have a5 turnover edge????  3-12-1 here we come......

    @tacosman said:

    If a tie as 3 pt underdogs when you are 1-31 can seem like a bad result....well this was an example of such.

    A FIVE TURNOVER EDGE......wtf is the record of nfl teams with a five turnover edge?  Gotta be 90% right?  

    And these werent relatively benign turnovers.  Hell one was essentially a td return.  

    Maybe the weather was part of the reason for the offense sucking, but c'mon......tyrod looked like complete trash.  

    Our supposedly good wide recieving corps?  Ummmm....well landry showed up I guess sort of.  The rest looked like crap.  

    After today Im just really worried about our offense.....another Sheet performance like that and sure...bring on the rookie.

    Hyde looked like he had weights in his shoes.

    ***  Offensive line whipped play after play. ***

    The Oline is the only point i'll give you.  It sucked horribly.  With more time, Tyrod would have much more time to get rid of the football.  Either the Oline needs time to gel, or we need to figure out something else. Oline could either be the end of us, or if it gets better, we could vastly improve. 

  • I thought Tyrod was pedestrian in the passing game, the Oline was not very good, so some of his problems were due to lack of time, that has to improve.

    @runyon27 said:

    I thought Tyrod was pedestrian in the passing game, the Oline was not very good, so some of his problems were due to lack of time, that has to improve.

    Thank you runyon.  The oline is definitely the problem.  Baker would not have done much better if at all.  

  • I sure miss that lard azz LT who wore #73...what’s his name?! ?

    @canton-dawg said:

    I sure miss that lard azz LT who wore #73...what’s his name?! ?

    I put this on the coaching staff and front office, who seemed to have no idea what to do concerning the LT position, and it showed. 

    I'm going to see where we are in a few weeks, hopefully some continuity can be made in that time period.

    If not, our QBs are going to get killed. 

  • @canton-dawg said:

    I sure miss that lard azz LT who wore #73...what’s his name?! ?

    I put this on the coaching staff and front office, who seemed to have no idea what to do concerning the LT position, and it showed. 

    I'm going to see where we are in a few weeks, hopefully some continuity can be made in that time period.

    If not, our QBs are going to get killed. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I put this on the coaching staff and front office, who seemed to have no idea what to do concerning the LT position, and it showed. 

    I'm going to see where we are in a few weeks, hopefully some continuity can be made in that time period.

    If not, our QBs are going to get killed. 

    Absolutely, I think the FO did a great job addressing most of our position needs.

    But WHAT IN THE HELL were they thinking when they needed a LT and drafted Corbett?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I put this on the coaching staff and front office, who seemed to have no idea what to do concerning the LT position, and it showed. 

    I'm going to see where we are in a few weeks, hopefully some continuity can be made in that time period.

    If not, our QBs are going to get killed. 

    Absolutely, I think the FO did a great job addressing most of our position needs.

    But WHAT IN THE HELL were they thinking when they needed a LT and drafted Corbett?

    @canton-dawg said:

    Absolutely, I think the FO did a great job addressing most of our position needs.

    But WHAT IN THE HELL were they thinking when they needed a LT and drafted Corbett?

    I'm hoping that they did it with the idea of him replacing Tretter after this season?

    Because they gave him about half a second at LT before getting Bitonio in there. 

    Corbett was an interesting pick. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I put this on the coaching staff and front office, who seemed to have no idea what to do concerning the LT position, and it showed. 

    I'm going to see where we are in a few weeks, hopefully some continuity can be made in that time period.

    If not, our QBs are going to get killed. 

    Absolutely, I think the FO did a great job addressing most of our position needs.

    But WHAT IN THE HELL were they thinking when they needed a LT and drafted Corbett?

    @canton-dawg said:

    Absolutely, I think the FO did a great job addressing most of our position needs.

    But WHAT IN THE HELL were they thinking when they needed a LT and drafted Corbett?

    Some of it was scheme too with free rushers coming through, some of that could be on Tyrod, some of its on the back, and they could probably be coached up better too.

  • 7 fukking sacks given up. I swear to.god after 2 games against the browns these pgh shitcunts can pad their stats enough for extra contract demands

  • We still have the WORST COACH IN NFL HISTORY

  • 7 fukking sacks given up. I swear to.god after 2 games against the browns these pgh shitcunts can pad their stats enough for extra contract demands

    @clevfan4life said:

    7 fukking sacks given up. I swear to.god after 2 games against the browns these pgh shitcunts can pad their stats enough for extra contract demands

    Both defenses had to rack up an impressive amount of fantasy points.

    I'll be honest, as the Steelers were marching toward their FG attempt in OT I was hoping for a miss and a tie. I told myself I'd be thrilled with that.

    Then Schobert returns the fumble back to the 5 or whatever and the game is ours. Of course (OF COURSE) there's a block in the back, but hell, we still have it around the 25.

    And Gonzalez didn't get it blocked, he Shmucking shanked it. I had little to no faith he would make the kick, and he didn't even give the Browns a chance. UGH.

  • If a tie as 3 pt underdogs when you are 1-31 can seem like a bad result....well this was an example of such.

    A FIVE TURNOVER EDGE......wtf is the record of nfl teams with a five turnover edge?  Gotta be 90% right?  

    And these werent relatively benign turnovers.  Hell one was essentially a td return.  

    Maybe the weather was part of the reason for the offense sucking, but c'mon......tyrod looked like complete trash.  

    Our supposedly good wide recieving corps?  Ummmm....well landry showed up I guess sort of.  The rest looked like crap.  

    After today Im just really worried about our offense.....another Sheet performance like that and sure...bring on the rookie.

    Hyde looked like he had weights in his shoes.

    Offensive line whipped play after play.

    After pitt got up 21-7, defense played really well....but wonder how much of this was just ben and the weather....

    can we stop sending peppers sorry butt out their for punt returns as well?

    If we cant win a game where we have a5 turnover edge????  3-12-1 here we come......

    @tacosman said:

    If a tie as 3 pt underdogs when you are 1-31 can seem like a bad result....well this was an example of such.

    A FIVE TURNOVER EDGE......wtf is the record of nfl teams with a five turnover edge?  Gotta be 90% right?  

    And these werent relatively benign turnovers.  Hell one was essentially a td return.  

    Maybe the weather was part of the reason for the offense sucking, but c'mon......tyrod looked like complete trash.  

    Our supposedly good wide recieving corps?  Ummmm....well landry showed up I guess sort of.  The rest looked like crap.  

    After today Im just really worried about our offense.....another Sheet performance like that and sure...bring on the rookie.

    Hyde looked like he had weights in his shoes.

    Offensive line whipped play after play.

    After pitt got up 21-7, defense played really well....but wonder how much of this was just ben and the weather....

    can we stop sending peppers sorry butt out their for punt returns as well?

    If we cant win a game where we have a5 turnover edge????  3-12-1 here we come......

    Recall in 2012 in Cleveland the Steelers turned it over 8 times, and the browns won...by only six.

    Today the Steelers turned over 6 times and it ended in a tie....sounds about right.lol

    Looking at the stats you'd think the Steelers should have destroyed this team.  Connor carved up the browns

  • @tacosman said:

    If a tie as 3 pt underdogs when you are 1-31 can seem like a bad result....well this was an example of such.

    A FIVE TURNOVER EDGE......wtf is the record of nfl teams with a five turnover edge?  Gotta be 90% right?  

    And these werent relatively benign turnovers.  Hell one was essentially a td return.  

    Maybe the weather was part of the reason for the offense sucking, but c'mon......tyrod looked like complete trash.  

    Our supposedly good wide recieving corps?  Ummmm....well landry showed up I guess sort of.  The rest looked like crap.  

    After today Im just really worried about our offense.....another Sheet performance like that and sure...bring on the rookie.

    Hyde looked like he had weights in his shoes.

    Offensive line whipped play after play.

    After pitt got up 21-7, defense played really well....but wonder how much of this was just ben and the weather....

    can we stop sending peppers sorry butt out their for punt returns as well?

    If we cant win a game where we have a5 turnover edge????  3-12-1 here we come......

    Recall in 2012 in Cleveland the Steelers turned it over 8 times, and the browns won...by only six.

    Today the Steelers turned over 6 times and it ended in a tie....sounds about right.lol

    Looking at the stats you'd think the Steelers should have destroyed this team.  Connor carved up the browns

    @stinkhole said:

    Recall in 2012 in Cleveland the Steelers turned it over 8 times, and the browns won...by only six.

    Today the Steelers turned over 6 times and it ended in a tie....sounds about right.lol

    Looking at the stats you'd think the Steelers should have destroyed this team.  Connor carved up the browns

    Conner should be more concerned with whoever carved up his head.

    Even for Pittsburgh that was one Shmucked-up hairdo. 

  • Monsoon season..made us look worse than we are.  Defense never quit.  Things to clean up..sure..penalties etc.  O line needs to gel.  

    Defense wins games.  

    I still feel loads better about this team than last year.

  • @stinkhole said:

    Recall in 2012 in Cleveland the Steelers turned it over 8 times, and the browns won...by only six.

    Today the Steelers turned over 6 times and it ended in a tie....sounds about right.lol

    Looking at the stats you'd think the Steelers should have destroyed this team.  Connor carved up the browns

    Conner should be more concerned with whoever carved up his head.

    Even for Pittsburgh that was one Shmucked-up hairdo. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Conner should be more concerned with whoever carved up his head.

    Even for Pittsburgh that was one Shmucked-up hairdo. 

    Only gays worry about another mans hair, just sayin........

  • Monsoon season..made us look worse than we are.  Defense never quit.  Things to clean up..sure..penalties etc.  O line needs to gel.  

    Defense wins games.  

    I still feel loads better about this team than last year.

    @kvoethe said:

    I still feel loads better about this team than last year.

    i dont know how u can feel loads better. Even the defense to me feels structurally shakier and got bailed today by some "clutch" plays and the inclimate weather.

    I think it has more talent than last years D, but they seemed really flat today. Even garrett. who by all metrics had a great game....was flat on alot of rushes. He wasnt popping the tackle and would get stuck in mid move, it was weird. But then all of a sudden he'd run wide and get home. He'll always do that, but the power edge game was flat.