Skip to content

Why was the run defense so bad?

The Browns Board
57 12 1.5k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, you do have to give credit to the Steelers OL...(who do have 3 Pro Bowl players on that line) .and to their OL coach, Mike Munchak, whom I think may be the best in the business.

    In fact, I had been in favor of the Browns hiring him as HC....when they  hired Jackson.  He had about a .500 record with the Tits, with a pretty lousy team and no QB.

    So, I think that any reasonably competent RB could have performed well back there.  If they had Carlos Hyde, he could be All Pro because of the blocking he would get. 

    Yeah... I was not big on Hue... Munchak has been there and played the game.. So I automatically would lend more creedence to his experience...

    @nickers said:

    Yeah... I was not big on Hue... Munchak has been there and played the game.. So I automatically would lend more creedence to his experience...

    i dont think wylie is hues guy. He xame in with dirsey/haley. Im starting to smell a similiar situation to that fukking walruscunt who's name i cant remember but famously broke up the hillis/vickers combo that obliterated NFL front 7's, cause fullbacks dont matter. 

    not feeling good 

  • @nickers said:

    Yeah... I was not big on Hue... Munchak has been there and played the game.. So I automatically would lend more creedence to his experience...

    i dont think wylie is hues guy. He xame in with dirsey/haley. Im starting to smell a similiar situation to that fukking walruscunt who's name i cant remember but famously broke up the hillis/vickers combo that obliterated NFL front 7's, cause fullbacks dont matter. 

    not feeling good 

    @clevfan4life said:

    that fukking walruscunt who's name i cant remember

    That would be Mike "walruscunt" Holmgren...

  • Back to the original "run" thread. Just wait till we get a double running dose of Ingram/Kamara with Brees also throwing to Kamara out of the BF after Thomas has cleared out the flat. Anyone who has any of those players had better use them in their leagues this weekend. I'm using Brees for sure.

  • Isn't Ingram serving a 4-week suspension?

  • Back to the original "run" thread. Just wait till we get a double running dose of Ingram/Kamara with Brees also throwing to Kamara out of the BF after Thomas has cleared out the flat. Anyone who has any of those players had better use them in their leagues this weekend. I'm using Brees for sure.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Back to the original "run" thread. Just wait till we get a double running dose of Ingram/Kamara with Brees also throwing to Kamara out of the BF after Thomas has cleared out the flat. Anyone who has any of those players had better use them in their leagues this weekend. I'm using Brees for sure.

    Ingram is suspended...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Back to the original "run" thread. Just wait till we get a double running dose of Ingram/Kamara with Brees also throwing to Kamara out of the BF after Thomas has cleared out the flat. Anyone who has any of those players had better use them in their leagues this weekend. I'm using Brees for sure.

    Ingram is suspended...

    @tiamat63 said:

    Ingram is suspended...

    I used to know that..................must have ? syndrome.?

  • Walruscunt ?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Ingram is suspended...

    I used to know that..................must have ? syndrome.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I used to know that..................must have ? syndrome.?

    Took one too many racquetballs to the noggin? ?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I used to know that..................must have ? syndrome.?

    Took one too many racquetballs to the noggin? ?

    @tour2ma said:

    Took one too many racquetballs to the noggin? ?

    I left the stoneage of RB protective goggles a couple of years ago. Now I actually wear about a 4 oz. hockey helmet with full face shield that can withstand the much harder force of a  hockey puck. Added improvement of far better peripheral vision and can take a hit to the sidewalls (I've inadvertently tested that).

    However it does not add to the hard drive which is getting more full every day and leaks capacity. ?

    Ironically the guy who now has had 3 concussions from wall encounters played a lot of hockey growing up in Minn., but refuses to get himself one for RB.

  • Are all of you underplaying the fact that half of the members of our DL have been with this team now for like 10 days?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    that fukking walruscunt who's name i cant remember

    That would be Mike "walruscunt" Holmgren...

    @tour2ma said:

    That would be Mike "walruscunt" Holmgren...

    yep, thats the very walrucunt i was referring to. I could clearly see his walrus vulva of a face but i could not put a name to it.

  • @tour2ma said:

    That would be Mike "walruscunt" Holmgren...

    yep, thats the very walrucunt i was referring to. I could clearly see his walrus vulva of a face but i could not put a name to it.

    @clevfan4life said:

    yep, thats the very walrucunt i was referring to. I could clearly see his walrus vulva of a face but i could not put a name to it.

    Is this the sort of idea you had in mind?

    walrus_butt_by_spoof_or_not_spoof.jpg

  • Are all of you underplaying the fact that half of the members of our DL have been with this team now for like 10 days?

    @the-gipper said:

    Are all of you underplaying the fact that half of the members of our DL have been with this team now for like 10 days?

    Actually I'm still shaking my head about the last minute changes in BOTH lines. The 1st half of the 3rd game is supposed to be dress rehearsal of the 1's. WTF Huey? I can kind of excuse it on O, but the D played Philly well enough for the shutout.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Are all of you underplaying the fact that half of the members of our DL have been with this team now for like 10 days?

    Actually I'm still shaking my head about the last minute changes in BOTH lines. The 1st half of the 3rd game is supposed to be dress rehearsal of the 1's. WTF Huey? I can kind of excuse it on O, but the D played Philly well enough for the shutout.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Actually I'm still shaking my head about the last minute changes in BOTH lines. The 1st half of the 3rd game is supposed to be dress rehearsal of the 1's. WTF Huey? I can kind of excuse it on O, but the D played Philly well enough for the shutout.

    Wasn't it more Dorsey's call than Hue's?  I mean, they dumped Meder, Brantley, Nassib all in the final weekend and brought in a whole new slew of players.  It really just felt like a situation where Dorsey wanted "my guys", and not the guys that Sachi brought in.  I guess we just have to trust him that all these new faces are going to be (but are not yet) better

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Actually I'm still shaking my head about the last minute changes in BOTH lines. The 1st half of the 3rd game is supposed to be dress rehearsal of the 1's. WTF Huey? I can kind of excuse it on O, but the D played Philly well enough for the shutout.

    Wasn't it more Dorsey's call than Hue's?  I mean, they dumped Meder, Brantley, Nassib all in the final weekend and brought in a whole new slew of players.  It really just felt like a situation where Dorsey wanted "my guys", and not the guys that Sachi brought in.  I guess we just have to trust him that all these new faces are going to be (but are not yet) better

    @the-gipper said:

    Wasn't it more Dorsey's call than Hue's?  I mean, they dumped Meder, Brantley, Nassib all in the final weekend and brought in a whole new slew of players.  It really just felt like a situation where Dorsey wanted "my guys", and not the guys that Sachi brought in.  I guess we just have to trust him that all these new faces are going to be (but are not yet) better

    So Hue really is the coffee fetcher is what you're telling me. If I were HC I'd want to at least be pointing out to Dorsey what this might do in the first few games, which in Hue's case might be his only ones if there are no major wins.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Wasn't it more Dorsey's call than Hue's?  I mean, they dumped Meder, Brantley, Nassib all in the final weekend and brought in a whole new slew of players.  It really just felt like a situation where Dorsey wanted "my guys", and not the guys that Sachi brought in.  I guess we just have to trust him that all these new faces are going to be (but are not yet) better

    So Hue really is the coffee fetcher is what you're telling me. If I were HC I'd want to at least be pointing out to Dorsey what this might do in the first few games, which in Hue's case might be his only ones if there are no major wins.

    @texasag1969 said:

    So Hue really is the coffee fetcher is what you're telling me. If I were HC I'd want to at least be pointing out to Dorsey what this might do in the first few games, which in Hue's case might be his only ones if there are no major wins.

    Well.....let me get this right:    The GM and he personnell staff are primarily responsible for talent evaluation and acquisition.   And then it is the coach's responsibility to coach/play which of those players he is given. 

    So, sure, ALL HCs who are not also GMs (in imo, none of them should be)  are just coffee fetchers in terms of bringing in talent.  

    But it is also supposed to be the GMs job to keep his nose out of how the HC conducts the game....and with who, among the players on hand, he does so.

    I mean, did we not have our GM Ray Farmer get fined/suspended for sticking his nose in where it did not belong while the game was in progress?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Took one too many racquetballs to the noggin? ?

    I left the stoneage of RB protective goggles a couple of years ago. Now I actually wear about a 4 oz. hockey helmet with full face shield that can withstand the much harder force of a  hockey puck. Added improvement of far better peripheral vision and can take a hit to the sidewalls (I've inadvertently tested that).

    However it does not add to the hard drive which is getting more full every day and leaks capacity. ?

    Ironically the guy who now has had 3 concussions from wall encounters played a lot of hockey growing up in Minn., but refuses to get himself one for RB.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I left the stoneage of RB protective goggles a couple of years ago. Now I actually wear about a 4 oz. hockey helmet with full face shield that can withstand the much harder force of a  hockey puck. Added improvement of far better peripheral vision and can take a hit to the sidewalls (I've inadvertently tested that).

    Wow... Does your husband play racquetball, too? Ya pussie... 😉

  • Surprise! Ogun made PFF's 20 stats article...

    https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-20-pff-stats-to-know-nfl-week-1

    Larry Ogunjobi, DI, Cleveland Browns

    Ogunjobi was stout in run defense for the Browns against Pittsburgh despite sometimes awful conditions. The second-year pro recorded three run-stops without missing a tackle and saw an 84.3 run-defense grade.

    I guess the rest of the front 7 had issues.

  • if dorsey was solely  reponsible for dumping meder and nassib, im cool on dorsey. We immediately missed their presence. How nassib gets cut after thosevtackles he made against the eagles first string is beyond me. And lo and behold a big shocker ogbah gets hurt first half of first game.......so now we have avery coming in who's a promising pass rusher but looks virtually helpless setting edges. 

    this is cleveland, this is the afc north.....ur going to get run on here. Weather goes south and teams run more. Its not advanced calculus. Keep guys u can sub in to shore up the run D

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I left the stoneage of RB protective goggles a couple of years ago. Now I actually wear about a 4 oz. hockey helmet with full face shield that can withstand the much harder force of a  hockey puck. Added improvement of far better peripheral vision and can take a hit to the sidewalls (I've inadvertently tested that).

    Wow... Does your husband play racquetball, too? Ya pussie... 😉

    @tour2ma said:

    Wow... Does your husband play racquetball, too? Ya pussie... 😉

    I only qualify for that once I resort to full body bubble wrap.☃️