New Dune Movie(s)
-
I understand that casting has already started on a new Dune movie, and a few of the parts have already been awarded. Link to Facebook discussion:
-
Only the Paul Atreides role...Timothy Chalamet, and the Lady Jessica Role....Rebecca Ferguson have been cast from my understanding. The other photos listed above for characters is just one person's wish list. (they seem to have gone heavy on GOT and LOTR actors)
On the discussion link, Vincent Donofrio was getting a lot of run for the Baron Harkonnen.
...and maybe Kyle Maclachlan in the role of the Emperor Shaddam Corrino. (he played Paul in the Lynch movie)
-
I never got rolling on the books. I owned a copy of Dune and read a fair chunk of it but it didn't hold my interest. Maybe I should give it another try.
WSS
-
I never got rolling on the books. I owned a copy of Dune and read a fair chunk of it but it didn't hold my interest. Maybe I should give it another try.
WSS
I never got rolling on the books. I owned a copy of Dune and read a fair chunk of it but it didn't hold my interest. Maybe I should give it another try.
WSS
You should. It IS tough sledding at first because there is so much unusual terminology in the first book that you have to constantly be referring to the Glossary to know what those terms mean. Once you get it down though it makes it easier. The original set of 6 books were written by Frank Herbert, and they are a "tougher slog" than the sequels and prequels that were written by his son along with collaborator Kevin Anderson. I have read all of them, sequels and prequels. Here they all are:
- Frank Herbert:
- Dune (1965)
- Dune Messiah (1969)
- Children of Dune (1976)
- God Emperor of Dune (1981)
- Heretics of Dune (1984)
- Chapterhouse: Dune (1985)
- Brian Herbert/Kevin J. Anderson:
-
Prelude to Dune series:
- House Atreides (1999)
- House Harkonnen (2000)
- House Corrino (2001)
-
Legends of Dune series:
- The Butlerian Jihad (2002)
- The Machine Crusade (2003)
- The Battle of Corrin (2004)
- Hunters of Dune (2006)
- Sandworms of Dune (2007)
-
Heroes of Dune series:
- Paul of Dune (2008)
- The Winds of Dune (2009)
-
Great Schools of Dune series:
- Sisterhood of Dune (2012)
- Mentats of Dune (2014)
- Navigators of Dune (2016
-
Also, if you can get a hold of the videos of the miniseries that were made, it could help some. And, of course, you can view the David Lynch movie made back in the 80s. That movie has always been somewhat sluggish, but you get to like it better once you are familiar with the story. The mini-series were more "watchable":
Film(s) Dune (1984) Television series - Frank Herbert's Dune (2000)
- Frank Herbert's Children of Dune (2003)
-
-
-
Happy birthday kid. Yeah I know it's off topic but fuk it.
WSS
Thank you ? This is off topic as well but I thought you might like it

https://arielsattic1usa.bandcamp.com/track/the-wreck-of-the-edmund-fitzgerald
-
-
On the discussion of this, it was agreed by most that the Fremen (who are the desert people), should essentially be made up of mostly actors/extras of Middle Eastern descent.
-
-
More casting notes:
As noted before, Timothy Chalamet to play Paul Atreides. Rebecca Ferguson to play Lady Jessica.
Now: Stellan Skarsgard is on board to play the main villain: The Baron Harkonnen.
And David Bautista is to play The Beast Rabban. (he was the big muscle man in the Guardians of the Galaxy)
Major roles still to be cast:
Duke Leto Atreides
Duncan Idaho; Gurney Halleck. Stilgar, Chani;, Feyd Rautha; Princess Irulan; Emperor Shaddam Corrino; Dr. Yueh; Piter DeVries; Count Fenrig; Gaius Helen Mohiam; Liet Kynes.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login