Skip to content

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

The Browns Board
853 73 21.3k 2
  • @ghoolie said:

    Hyde  blocks. Baker is getting destroyed. I have chosen more great players than has Dorsey.

    So then reply to my message Fatty

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @gunz41 said:

    So then reply to my message Fatty

    He's throwing the bait, and you're biting the hook.

  • @gunz41 said:

    So then reply to my message Fatty

    He's throwing the bait, and you're biting the hook.

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He's throwing the bait, and you're biting the hook.

    I dont care. I know exactly what he is TRYING to do. But since he wants to make people made and annoy them, I am going to constantly embarrass him until he is either gone or answers the question.

    You realize ignoring him doesnt do the job, he just continues to do all his stupid shtick, so we will see if he is man enough to try and actually discuss something 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    He's throwing the bait, and you're biting the hook.

    I dont care. I know exactly what he is TRYING to do. But since he wants to make people made and annoy them, I am going to constantly embarrass him until he is either gone or answers the question.

    You realize ignoring him doesnt do the job, he just continues to do all his stupid shtick, so we will see if he is man enough to try and actually discuss something 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @gunz41 said:

    I dont care. I know exactly what he is TRYING to do. But since he wants to make people made and annoy them, I am going to constantly embarrass him until he is either gone or answers the question.

    You realize ignoring him doesn't do the job, he just continues to do all his stupid shtick, so we will see if he is man enough to try and actually discuss something 

    I'll expound a little more Gunz, but it does seem you've got him figured out pretty well. I heard from Trollie he doesn't even believe 1\2 of the crap he post here, just keeps escalating the BS until someone takes the bait. Thinks us big bad Mods are picking on poor widdle Ghoolie when he gets out of line. 

    And you have to realize he's an absolute master at revisionist history. Great at predicting things? As I told him, the Browns have been so bad for so long, predicting that ______ is going to suck- was about as difficult as predicting water runs downhill. 

    I wasn't going to do it, but after meditating about it on my nice two hour bike ride on the Waterford- I really didn't want to embarass him any further, but he's well beyond that stage. Here's King Ghoolie's post (in part) from the other Board, and why EE (one of their Mods) banned him.   

    "IF WE HAD A QB, A COUPLE WIDE RECEIVERS, A DEFENSE CAPABLE OF SOME STOPS, A KICKED WHO DIDN'T MISS KICKS, REFS WHO STOPPED CALLING OUR PENALTIES, AND IF THEY JUST LET US SHOOT BB GUNS AT THE OPPOSING TEAM... WE WOULD BE UNDEFEATED.

    HASLAM, DORKEY, AND WILLIAMS THE THUG REALLY HAVE THIS TEAM PERCOLATING.
    GO TAMPA BAY!
    Seriously, Browns fans are jackoffs."

    Yup Gunz- this is the real guy behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz- when he forgets to take his Meds. 

  • @gunz41 said:

    I dont care. I know exactly what he is TRYING to do. But since he wants to make people made and annoy them, I am going to constantly embarrass him until he is either gone or answers the question.

    You realize ignoring him doesn't do the job, he just continues to do all his stupid shtick, so we will see if he is man enough to try and actually discuss something 

    I'll expound a little more Gunz, but it does seem you've got him figured out pretty well. I heard from Trollie he doesn't even believe 1\2 of the crap he post here, just keeps escalating the BS until someone takes the bait. Thinks us big bad Mods are picking on poor widdle Ghoolie when he gets out of line. 

    And you have to realize he's an absolute master at revisionist history. Great at predicting things? As I told him, the Browns have been so bad for so long, predicting that ______ is going to suck- was about as difficult as predicting water runs downhill. 

    I wasn't going to do it, but after meditating about it on my nice two hour bike ride on the Waterford- I really didn't want to embarass him any further, but he's well beyond that stage. Here's King Ghoolie's post (in part) from the other Board, and why EE (one of their Mods) banned him.   

    "IF WE HAD A QB, A COUPLE WIDE RECEIVERS, A DEFENSE CAPABLE OF SOME STOPS, A KICKED WHO DIDN'T MISS KICKS, REFS WHO STOPPED CALLING OUR PENALTIES, AND IF THEY JUST LET US SHOOT BB GUNS AT THE OPPOSING TEAM... WE WOULD BE UNDEFEATED.

    HASLAM, DORKEY, AND WILLIAMS THE THUG REALLY HAVE THIS TEAM PERCOLATING.
    GO TAMPA BAY!
    Seriously, Browns fans are jackoffs."

    Yup Gunz- this is the real guy behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz- when he forgets to take his Meds. 

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    I'll expound a little more Gunz, but it does seem you've got him figured out pretty well. I heard from Trollie he doesn't even believe 1\2 of the crap he post here, just keeps escalating the BS until someone takes the bait. Thinks us big bad Mods are picking on poor widdle Ghoolie when he gets out of line. 

    And you have to realize he's an absolute master at revisionist history. Great at predicting things? As I told him, the Browns have been so bad for so long, predicting that ______ is going to suck- was about as difficult as predicting water runs downhill. 

    I wasn't going to do it, but after meditating about it on my nice two hour bike ride on the Waterford- I really didn't want to embarass him any further, but he's well beyond that stage. Here's King Ghoolie's post (in part) from the other Board, and why EE (one of their Mods) banned him.   

    "IF WE HAD A QB, A COUPLE WIDE RECEIVERS, A DEFENSE CAPABLE OF SOME STOPS, A KICKED WHO DIDN'T MISS KICKS, REFS WHO STOPPED CALLING OUR PENALTIES, AND IF THEY JUST LET US SHOOT BB GUNS AT THE OPPOSING TEAM... WE WOULD BE UNDEFEATED.

    HASLAM, DORKEY, AND WILLIAMS THE THUG REALLY HAVE THIS TEAM PERCOLATING.
    GO TAMPA BAY!
    Seriously, Browns fans are jackoffs."

    Yup Gunz- this is the real guy behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz- when he forgets to take his Meds. 

    I dunno why, you guys have been here a lot longer and are on here way more than me, but I feel like I have to do this to him. I'm tired of every single time I come on here, which usually isn't a whole lot he is trying to bully someone, so I have taken up the task of teaching the bully a lesson.

    Maybe at some point I will tire of it, but at the moment I want to embarrass him, and that coming from a very good and heartfelt person. I just cant stand all the hypocrisy. At least the other things that confuse me on here aren't coming from a dark place, no matter how wrong or misplaced.

    But I have an idea. Since I really don't have an opinion on fatty being here or not its yalls call, but I say if he doesn't answer, or try to give a response then he gets suspended. 1 week for not answering in a week. And once he reaches the number of issues Gordon had, he gets longer, traded, or his name changed lol

  • @hish747 said:

    I would've thought Dorsey's primary concern was the well-being of the team.

    It probably was and he thought that the well-being of the team was to be without Gordon. 

    hish747H hish747 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    It probably was and he thought that the well-being of the team was to be without Gordon. 

    Okay, that's just silly. I mean, who needs a hall of fame caliber wide receiver? Oh yeah...the schmucks working out Brice Butler.

  • @the-gipper said:

    It probably was and he thought that the well-being of the team was to be without Gordon. 

    Okay, that's just silly. I mean, who needs a hall of fame caliber wide receiver? Oh yeah...the schmucks working out Brice Butler.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hish747 said:

    Okay, that's just silly. I mean, who needs a hall of fame caliber wide receiver? Oh yeah...the schmucks working out Brice Butler.

    Gordon may be no better than Butler at this point

  • @hish747 said:

    Okay, that's just silly. I mean, who needs a hall of fame caliber wide receiver? Oh yeah...the schmucks working out Brice Butler.

    Gordon may be no better than Butler at this point

    hish747H hish747 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Gordon may be no better than Butler at this point

    I loved the Twilight Zone when I was a kid and still do, Gip. You're giving Rod Serling a run for his money. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Gordon may be no better than Butler at this point

    I loved the Twilight Zone when I was a kid and still do, Gip. You're giving Rod Serling a run for his money. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @hish747 said:

    I loved the Twilight Zone when I was a kid and still do, Gip. You're giving Rod Serling a run for his money. 

    Gordon has Tom Brady throwing to him.   If this was the Gordon of  5 years ago....that would be an unbeatable combination.  I suspect that if this Brice guy had Brady throwing to him he would look as good as Gordon does. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    It probably was and he thought that the well-being of the team was to be without Gordon. 

    Okay, that's just silly. I mean, who needs a hall of fame caliber wide receiver? Oh yeah...the schmucks working out Brice Butler.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @hish747 said:

    Okay, that's just silly. I mean, who needs a hall of fame caliber wide receiver? Oh yeah...the schmucks working out Brice Butler.

    hall of fame caliber?  The only way Puffy gets anywhere near the hall of fame is with a ticket.

  • @hish747 said:

    Okay, that's just silly. I mean, who needs a hall of fame caliber wide receiver? Oh yeah...the schmucks working out Brice Butler.

    hall of fame caliber?  The only way Puffy gets anywhere near the hall of fame is with a ticket.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta

    @mark-o said:

    hall of fame caliber?  The only way Puffy gets anywhere near the hall of fame is with a ticket.

    Problem is Mark, those guys who think Gordon is HOF material- he's already missed essentially four years of his career with drug suspensions. Even should he play another 7 seasons at a high level- to age 35 (lotsa luck there) he's never going to put up the type of numbers in career yards and touchdowns that would get him anywhere close to HOF consideration. My guess is he's going to need about 80 more touchdowns and at least 10,000 more career yards to even be in the discussion. Guys like Antonio Brown and Julio Jones have about a 7,000 yard head start on Josh.  

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I think Dorsey did Gordon a favor to get his life together.

     “If New England can’t fix this guy, nobody can”

    I would've thought Dorsey's primary concern was the well-being of the team.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @hish747 said:

    I would've thought Dorsey's primary concern was the well-being of the team.

    As others intimated, Josh's and the team's well-being could both be served by the trade.

    I don't believe Josh's well being was why Dorsey made the deal (remember the story was that Josh was on the road to being cut when teams started calling), but I can't completely dismiss it as being a consideration in doing business with the Pats.

  • @hish747 said:

    I would've thought Dorsey's primary concern was the well-being of the team.

    As others intimated, Josh's and the team's well-being could both be served by the trade.

    I don't believe Josh's well being was why Dorsey made the deal (remember the story was that Josh was on the road to being cut when teams started calling), but I can't completely dismiss it as being a consideration in doing business with the Pats.

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    As others intimated, Josh's and the team's well-being could both be served by the trade.

    I don't believe Josh's well being was why Dorsey made the deal (remember the story was that Josh was on the road to being cut when teams started calling), but I can't completely dismiss it as being a consideration in doing business with the Pats.

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

  • @tour2ma said:

    As others intimated, Josh's and the team's well-being could both be served by the trade.

    I don't believe Josh's well being was why Dorsey made the deal (remember the story was that Josh was on the road to being cut when teams started calling), but I can't completely dismiss it as being a consideration in doing business with the Pats.

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @bjh2130 said:

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

  • @bjh2130 said:

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by bjh2130

    @mark-o said:

    No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

    That seems to be what some are suggesting.

    Edit they seem to think that Dorsey took a lesser deal to put josh in the right position or best position for him to succeed

  • @mark-o said:

    No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

    That seems to be what some are suggesting.

    Edit they seem to think that Dorsey took a lesser deal to put josh in the right position or best position for him to succeed

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @bjh2130 said:

    That seems to be what some are suggesting.

    That's what I believe but no one will ever know.   I believe the 2 strikes he already has against him.  The amount of time he's missed and that he's one mistake away from a lifetime ban makes him a HUGE risk for any team to trade much of anything for him, regardless of the amount of talent, even talent that hasn't been on display since 2013.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    Why is this still a thread?

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    Because if it isn't, the fans who live in the past will start a new one every single Sunday, even if Gordon catches 1 pass for 5 yards.

  • Because if it isn't, the fans who live in the past will start a new one every single Sunday, even if Gordon catches 1 pass for 5 yards.

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    Because if it isn't, the fans who live in the past will start a new one every single Sunday, even if Gordon catches 1 pass for 5 yards.

    Fair point.  

  • @tour2ma said:

    As others intimated, Josh's and the team's well-being could both be served by the trade.

    I don't believe Josh's well being was why Dorsey made the deal (remember the story was that Josh was on the road to being cut when teams started calling), but I can't completely dismiss it as being a consideration in doing business with the Pats.

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @bjh2130 said:

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    No... but others also might have offered a 5th... but not the 7th NE did for our conditional 7th.

  • @bjh2130 said:

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    No... but others also might have offered a 5th... but not the 7th NE did for our conditional 7th.

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    No... but others also might have offered a 5th... but not the 7th NE did for our conditional 7th.

    I don't even buy that. Maybe New England 5th rounder and the Chiefs 5th rounder they viewed as equals but if you mean to tell me that you think if New England offered a fifth and Oakland offered a fifth or Tampa Bay or San Francisco insert your choice there is no way that John Dorsey isn't taking the pic of one of the teams projected to finish at the bottom of the league just to appease Josh Gordon.