Skip to content

Josh Gordon Traded to Pats

The Browns Board
853 73 21.3k 2
  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    I think Dorsey did Gordon a favor to get his life together.

     “If New England can’t fix this guy, nobody can”

    I would've thought Dorsey's primary concern was the well-being of the team.

    @hish747 said:

    I would've thought Dorsey's primary concern was the well-being of the team.

    As others intimated, Josh's and the team's well-being could both be served by the trade.

    I don't believe Josh's well being was why Dorsey made the deal (remember the story was that Josh was on the road to being cut when teams started calling), but I can't completely dismiss it as being a consideration in doing business with the Pats.

  • @hish747 said:

    I would've thought Dorsey's primary concern was the well-being of the team.

    As others intimated, Josh's and the team's well-being could both be served by the trade.

    I don't believe Josh's well being was why Dorsey made the deal (remember the story was that Josh was on the road to being cut when teams started calling), but I can't completely dismiss it as being a consideration in doing business with the Pats.

    @tour2ma said:

    As others intimated, Josh's and the team's well-being could both be served by the trade.

    I don't believe Josh's well being was why Dorsey made the deal (remember the story was that Josh was on the road to being cut when teams started calling), but I can't completely dismiss it as being a consideration in doing business with the Pats.

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

  • @tour2ma said:

    As others intimated, Josh's and the team's well-being could both be served by the trade.

    I don't believe Josh's well being was why Dorsey made the deal (remember the story was that Josh was on the road to being cut when teams started calling), but I can't completely dismiss it as being a consideration in doing business with the Pats.

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    @bjh2130 said:

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

  • @bjh2130 said:

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

    @mark-o said:

    No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

    That seems to be what some are suggesting.

    Edit they seem to think that Dorsey took a lesser deal to put josh in the right position or best position for him to succeed

  • @mark-o said:

    No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

    That seems to be what some are suggesting.

    Edit they seem to think that Dorsey took a lesser deal to put josh in the right position or best position for him to succeed

    @bjh2130 said:

    That seems to be what some are suggesting.

    That's what I believe but no one will ever know.   I believe the 2 strikes he already has against him.  The amount of time he's missed and that he's one mistake away from a lifetime ban makes him a HUGE risk for any team to trade much of anything for him, regardless of the amount of talent, even talent that hasn't been on display since 2013.

  • Why is this still a thread?

  • Because if it isn't, the fans who live in the past will start a new one every single Sunday, even if Gordon catches 1 pass for 5 yards.

  • Because if it isn't, the fans who live in the past will start a new one every single Sunday, even if Gordon catches 1 pass for 5 yards.

    @mark-o said:

    Because if it isn't, the fans who live in the past will start a new one every single Sunday, even if Gordon catches 1 pass for 5 yards.

    Fair point.  

  • @tour2ma said:

    As others intimated, Josh's and the team's well-being could both be served by the trade.

    I don't believe Josh's well being was why Dorsey made the deal (remember the story was that Josh was on the road to being cut when teams started calling), but I can't completely dismiss it as being a consideration in doing business with the Pats.

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    @bjh2130 said:

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    No... but others also might have offered a 5th... but not the 7th NE did for our conditional 7th.

  • @bjh2130 said:

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    No... but others also might have offered a 5th... but not the 7th NE did for our conditional 7th.

    @tour2ma said:

    No... but others also might have offered a 5th... but not the 7th NE did for our conditional 7th.

    I don't even buy that. Maybe New England 5th rounder and the Chiefs 5th rounder they viewed as equals but if you mean to tell me that you think if New England offered a fifth and Oakland offered a fifth or Tampa Bay or San Francisco insert your choice there is no way that John Dorsey isn't taking the pic of one of the teams projected to finish at the bottom of the league just to appease Josh Gordon.

  • He's fuc king gone, get over it.

  • Because if it isn't, the fans who live in the past will start a new one every single Sunday, even if Gordon catches 1 pass for 5 yards.

    @mark-o said:

    Because if it isn't, the fans who live in the past will start a new one every single Sunday, even if Gordon catches 1 pass for 5 yards.

    Pretty unfair assessment. If in fact he were ongoing only catching a pass or 2 a week most of us wouldnt give a flying F. He is progressively being incorporated into their offense as what he is, a dominant number 1. Debate that all you like but it is a fact. It would also likely be less of a topic if our receivers corp were a bit more talented that our local high school team. 

  • @mark-o said:

    Because if it isn't, the fans who live in the past will start a new one every single Sunday, even if Gordon catches 1 pass for 5 yards.

    Pretty unfair assessment. If in fact he were ongoing only catching a pass or 2 a week most of us wouldnt give a flying F. He is progressively being incorporated into their offense as what he is, a dominant number 1. Debate that all you like but it is a fact. It would also likely be less of a topic if our receivers corp were a bit more talented that our local high school team. 

    @jcam222 said:

    Pretty unfair assessment. If in fact he were ongoing only catching a pass or 2 a week most of us wouldnt give a flying F. He is progressively being incorporated into their offense as what he is, a dominant number 1. Debate that all you like but it is a fact. It would also likely be less of a topic if our receivers corp were a bit more talented that our local high school team. 

    This Thread is littered with comments based on a two catch performance, a four catch for 42-yard performance, ond jump ball touchdown catch, a comment saying that no one will be able to get Josh Gordon for two first-round draft picks after this year before he even played a down. He's had count it one good game and people like you are lining up to blow him.

  • @bjh2130 said:

    But do you really think that someone else offered us a fourth round pick and Dorsey said "nah I want Josh to succeed so I'm going to send him to a New England for a 5th round pick"

    No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

    @mark-o said:

    No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

    Exactly and these yabos on here that are saying otherwise have their heads squarely where the sun don’t shine

  • @mark-o said:

    Because if it isn't, the fans who live in the past will start a new one every single Sunday, even if Gordon catches 1 pass for 5 yards.

    Pretty unfair assessment. If in fact he were ongoing only catching a pass or 2 a week most of us wouldnt give a flying F. He is progressively being incorporated into their offense as what he is, a dominant number 1. Debate that all you like but it is a fact. It would also likely be less of a topic if our receivers corp were a bit more talented that our local high school team. 

    @jcam222 said:

    Pretty unfair assessment. If in fact he were ongoing only catching a pass or 2 a week most of us wouldnt give a flying F. He is progressively being incorporated into their offense as what he is, a dominant number 1. Debate that all you like but it is a fact. It would also likely be less of a topic if our receivers corp were a bit more talented that our local high school team. 

    No it is not a fact it’s just your fantasy

  • @tour2ma said:

    No... but others also might have offered a 5th... but not the 7th NE did for our conditional 7th.

    I don't even buy that. Maybe New England 5th rounder and the Chiefs 5th rounder they viewed as equals but if you mean to tell me that you think if New England offered a fifth and Oakland offered a fifth or Tampa Bay or San Francisco insert your choice there is no way that John Dorsey isn't taking the pic of one of the teams projected to finish at the bottom of the league just to appease Josh Gordon.

    @bjh2130 said:

    I don't even buy that. Maybe New England 5th rounder and the Chiefs 5th rounder they viewed as equals but if you mean to tell me that you think if New England offered a fifth and Oakland offered a fifth or Tampa Bay or San Francisco insert your choice there is no way that John Dorsey isn't taking the pic of one of the teams projected to finish at the bottom of the league just to appease Josh Gordon.

    A 7th, even a late one, more than covers the difference between an early and late 5th.... so there's that.

    value3.jpg

  • A lot of air time given here to a player.. Who was never really here..  I mean yeah.. sometime the lights were on.. But no one was really home.. Hell. I was one of his ardent defenders... I don't blame Tom Heckert for taking a shot on him.... Tom Heckert had his demons.. But the guy was decent at eying talent.. RIP ...

  • @mark-o said:

    No....I don't think that happened.  I don't think anyone offered anything better than that.

    That seems to be what some are suggesting.

    Edit they seem to think that Dorsey took a lesser deal to put josh in the right position or best position for him to succeed

    @bjh2130 said:

    That seems to be what some are suggesting.

    Edit they seem to think that Dorsey took a lesser deal to put josh in the right position or best position for him to succeed

    No GM worthy of the name is going to take a lesser deal in the hopes the guy they're trading is going to "a better situation". 

  • Why is this still a thread?

    @tiamat63 said:

    Why is this still a thread?

    Because the grass is always greener on the otheR side. Gordon is high profile. Nassib, not so much. 

  • RE: some of the deleted Ghoolie stuff Guys.  🙂  

    #1A regarding me personally- I have a BS in Science- Medical Technology (retired).  People's lives depended on me making accurate observations. Or you want me giving A positive blood to an O negative patient, or adding an extra zero to a 60 blood sugar making it a 600, and a couple people dying because I screwed up? I like to think I'm pretty good at making objective observations. 

    Aw, gee whiz- one of the other Mods deleted some stuff. So guys- here's the hoorta's rebuttal, as best I can remember, I about 1\2 read the post before more important personal stuff interfered. I thought about taking it to PM, but I want the rest of you guys- and Ghoolie to know how the world works. 

    #1 Friendship has nothing to do with it. 

    #2 Ghoolie, you have a skewed view of reality- more on that later. 

    #3 Stan deputized Zombo, me and Mark to keep the peace around here. You have a problem with that? It's why you're getting time outs for violating that concept. It's apparently foreign to you. It's been posted numerous times why you're getting kicked off. 

    #4 This Board is not your personal toilet to take a dump on whenever the hell you feel like it. The purpose of the Board is not for your personal amusement- to get people pissed off. That is considered trolling\ flamebaiting- and it's not going to be tolerated. I copied your exit post from B-H just to show guys that hmmm.... read on...  

    #5 So all Browns fans are jackoffs? Well the classic schoolyard reply is "takes one to know one". Guess you're not really one- troll.  In fact, you personally insulted everyone over there, and by extension everyone here. I happen to be "the keeper of the peace", and I don't particularly like it because I'm a Browns fan being called a jackoff, GOT IT? PROBABLY NOT. I have 1\2 a mind to kick you off- because even though it wasn't on this board- it shows you're not interested in discussion-you're more interested in flamebaiting, trolling, and drawing attention to yourself. 

    Maybe you're in denial and you don't realize- to your discredit- Head Honcho Stan had to autocorrect a bunch of swear words- because Mr. Potty Mouth- that's because YOU azzhole- it had to be done. It's too bad as a Mod, I have to take the high road- or else, I'd I'd unleash a string of profanity against your BS that would make a drunk sailor blush. 

    I'm tired of your crap, flamebaiting, and excuses- apparently Mark and Z are too. It's not fun and games here Tom. Talk football in a civil manner- or get the f**ing hell out of here- like you promised- wimp-