Skip to content

***Official Browns @ Saints Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
259 42 5.2k 1
  • We have not won a game since December 2016. You cannot blame a loss on a couple plays or missed kick(s). Hue does not know how to win....we do not threaten or put fear into any team....until we get some leadership that knows how to win, lead a team that can put fear into other teams, and will not accept when we lose, we will continue to be disappointed with the final outcome of games. 

  • tyrod lost us the game tbh. Zane, yes ofc he cost us points....but tyrod blew some easy passes, just like last week except ge was indoors so no excuses. Those easy passes were game managing clock controlling game winning passes......then the INT hit. We all k ew it was coming. Even if the kicker didnt cost us those points, tyrods performance is very troubling. Is mccown out there? 

  • @syd said:

    what I am amazed about is are 2nd rounders being picked that high you would think atleast one would be a starter

    That is the Browns in a nutshell, poor drafting.  As a Sooner fan I think Mayfield was a huge mistake.

    @baconhound said:

    That is the Browns in a nutshell, poor drafting.  As a Sooner fan I think Mayfield was a huge mistake.

    Because Mayfield had such a bad game today........

  • @baconhound said:

    Anyone who thinks this is on the defense is insane.  The offense stinks.  Tyrod is terrible, NJokeWho is Greg Little 2.0 and the O-Line can't run block.

    This one’s on the special teams honcho. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    This one’s on the special teams honcho. 

    Today was on special teams but the offense is offensive.  Anyone who has watched these two debacles and has been inspired by this offense needs therapy 

  • We have not won a game since December 2016. You cannot blame a loss on a couple plays or missed kick(s). Hue does not know how to win....we do not threaten or put fear into any team....until we get some leadership that knows how to win, lead a team that can put fear into other teams, and will not accept when we lose, we will continue to be disappointed with the final outcome of games. 

    @giosea11 said:

    We have not won a game since December 2016. You cannot blame a loss on a couple plays or missed kick(s). Hue does not know how to win....we do not threaten or put fear into any team....until we get some leadership that knows how to win, lead a team that can put fear into other teams, and will not accept when we lose, we will continue to be disappointed with the final outcome of games. 

    This is EXACTLY correct. Hue is a loser and the team will not win with him as head coach. 

  • We have not won a game since December 2016. You cannot blame a loss on a couple plays or missed kick(s). Hue does not know how to win....we do not threaten or put fear into any team....until we get some leadership that knows how to win, lead a team that can put fear into other teams, and will not accept when we lose, we will continue to be disappointed with the final outcome of games. 

    @giosea11 said:

    We have not won a game since December 2016. You cannot blame a loss on a couple plays or missed kick(s). Hue does not know how to win....we do not threaten or put fear into any team....until we get some leadership that knows how to win, lead a team that can put fear into other teams, and will not accept when we lose, we will continue to be disappointed with the final outcome of games. 

    Yes you can if the kicker makes his kicks we win this game. The only decision Hue made that I may question is not running one more play before the final FG attempt but that had little impact on the game. No one is going to respect you until you win, so your logic makes no sense. Yes they need to win, they also need to cut dead weight. Gonzalez was iffy last year, we can thank Sashi for that move. Dan Bailey better be brought in Monday. I have no problem blaming Hue, but today wasn't on Hue, it was on the special teams. Maybe you can blame Hue for hiring the special teams coach I guess.

  • @tiamat63 said:

     MT is 6'3 and every bit of 210lbs.   It will be a new level of physical Ward has yet to experience.  THAT will be the difference.      Post 9/10/18....   

    @texasag1969      Like I said, MT is a top THREE receiver.  Argument that he might be better than Julio because of aversion to injury.   He'll be talked about at the best in the NFL soon.

    Wouldn't Ward and Thomas have gone against each other at OSU's practices?

    @mld-woody said:

    Wouldn't Ward and Thomas have gone against each other at OSU's practices?

    Not necessarily - Ward didn't slip into the rotation until 2016 and by that point the majority of the practice looks would have been from Apple, Conley, Hooker, Lattimore, etc etc.   

    Still, MT is a year 3 NFL receiver in a professional strength program that has seen the best DB's the game has to offer.    Denzel has a lot of promise but this wasn't a matchup I expected him to excel in.     Still, he had a solid showing but his body placement on the fade wasn't ideal.   Might not have mattered either way.  6'3 is 6'3.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    This one’s on the special teams honcho. 

    Today was on special teams but the offense is offensive.  Anyone who has watched these two debacles and has been inspired by this offense needs therapy 

    @baconhound said:

    Today was on special teams but the offense is offensive.  Anyone who has watched these two debacles and has been inspired by this offense needs therapy 

    Then sign me up Dr. Freud. I had very few issues with how the offense went about its business today. Dink and dunk for sure, but kept chains moving and kept the defense rested. 

  • @syd said:

    did peppers do anything at all today ? 

    Hey actually did more than Ward today. Had a better game. Made a lot of good plays that might not necessarily show up in the box score.

    But I know all of Pep's criticism is 100% unbiased and has nothing to do with his college.... lol. 

    I'll let you just foam at the mouth over in the corner. Maybe you can get that education one day 

    @mld-woody said:

    Hey actually did more than Ward today. Had a better game. Made a lot of good plays that might not necessarily show up in the box score.

    But I know all of Pep's criticism is 100% unbiased and has nothing to do with his college.... lol. 

    I'll let you just foam at the mouth over in the corner. Maybe you can get that education one day 

    How did he have a better game? I'm just wondering what you saw. Commentators even made the remark that a majority of the Saints passing came on the left side of the field because they were avoiding Ward. I think he gave up three catches to Mike Thomas

  • @baconhound said:

    That is the Browns in a nutshell, poor drafting.  As a Sooner fan I think Mayfield was a huge mistake.

    Because Mayfield had such a bad game today........

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Because Mayfield had such a bad game today........

    Everyone loves the backup QB

  • @giosea11 said:

    We have not won a game since December 2016. You cannot blame a loss on a couple plays or missed kick(s). Hue does not know how to win....we do not threaten or put fear into any team....until we get some leadership that knows how to win, lead a team that can put fear into other teams, and will not accept when we lose, we will continue to be disappointed with the final outcome of games. 

    Yes you can if the kicker makes his kicks we win this game. The only decision Hue made that I may question is not running one more play before the final FG attempt but that had little impact on the game. No one is going to respect you until you win, so your logic makes no sense. Yes they need to win, they also need to cut dead weight. Gonzalez was iffy last year, we can thank Sashi for that move. Dan Bailey better be brought in Monday. I have no problem blaming Hue, but today wasn't on Hue, it was on the special teams. Maybe you can blame Hue for hiring the special teams coach I guess.

    @runyon27 said:

    Yes you can if the kicker makes his kicks we win this game. The only decision Hue made that I may question is not running one more play before the final FG attempt but that had little impact on the game. No one is going to respect you until you win, so your logic makes no sense. Yes they need to win, they also need to cut dead weight. Gonzalez was iffy last year, we can thank Sashi for that move. Dan Bailey better be brought in Monday. I have no problem blaming Hue, but today wasn't on Hue, it was on the special teams. Maybe you can blame Hue for hiring the special teams coach I guess.

    8 seconds isn't enough time from 35 yards out to be comfortable you'll get another shot, IMO

  • @runyon27 said:

    Yes you can if the kicker makes his kicks we win this game. The only decision Hue made that I may question is not running one more play before the final FG attempt but that had little impact on the game. No one is going to respect you until you win, so your logic makes no sense. Yes they need to win, they also need to cut dead weight. Gonzalez was iffy last year, we can thank Sashi for that move. Dan Bailey better be brought in Monday. I have no problem blaming Hue, but today wasn't on Hue, it was on the special teams. Maybe you can blame Hue for hiring the special teams coach I guess.

    8 seconds isn't enough time from 35 yards out to be comfortable you'll get another shot, IMO

    @mld-woody said:

    8 seconds isn't enough time from 35 yards out to be comfortable you'll get another shot, IMO

    I agree....without a timeout, I'd be afraid of being stopped inbounds and the game is over.   It was the right choice to kick it at that point and it should be made.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Wouldn't Ward and Thomas have gone against each other at OSU's practices?

    Not necessarily - Ward didn't slip into the rotation until 2016 and by that point the majority of the practice looks would have been from Apple, Conley, Hooker, Lattimore, etc etc.   

    Still, MT is a year 3 NFL receiver in a professional strength program that has seen the best DB's the game has to offer.    Denzel has a lot of promise but this wasn't a matchup I expected him to excel in.     Still, he had a solid showing but his body placement on the fade wasn't ideal.   Might not have mattered either way.  6'3 is 6'3.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Not necessarily - Ward didn't slip into the rotation until 2016 and by that point the majority of the practice looks would have been from Apple, Conley, Hooker, Lattimore, etc etc.   

    Still, MT is a year 3 NFL receiver in a professional strength program that has seen the best DB's the game has to offer.    Denzel has a lot of promise but this wasn't a matchup I expected him to excel in.     Still, he had a solid showing but his body placement on the fade wasn't ideal.   Might not have mattered either way.  6'3 is 6'3.

    Well I imagine OSUs strength program isn't too shabby itself. Hopefully he keeps growing, which I'm sure he will. He'll need something for 6'3" WRs then cuz he can't just get a pass

  • @british-browns-fan-everton said:

    Too long without a win. The team will be taking an extra touch before throwing. You could tell zane over thought every kick.

    We just need one horrible win. The right decision by the ref. An amazing throw by the QB. Or the opposition not kicking well.

    Once we have a win. You would hope we can build from it.

    Back to the days of 4 or 5 win seasons?

    It would help to get a spark from within the team on the offense as someone that becomes the big playmaker and raises the bar. Not sure who that would be.

    @tinythinker said:

    Back to the days of 4 or 5 win seasons?

    It would help to get a spark from within the team on the offense as someone that becomes the big playmaker and raises the bar. Not sure who that would be.

    Times like this a spark can come from someone in the youth set up or fringes.

    I know people are saying mayfield is too much of a rookie to throw in. But why not. If he's good enough. He's old enough.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Hey actually did more than Ward today. Had a better game. Made a lot of good plays that might not necessarily show up in the box score.

    But I know all of Pep's criticism is 100% unbiased and has nothing to do with his college.... lol. 

    I'll let you just foam at the mouth over in the corner. Maybe you can get that education one day 

    How did he have a better game? I'm just wondering what you saw. Commentators even made the remark that a majority of the Saints passing came on the left side of the field because they were avoiding Ward. I think he gave up three catches to Mike Thomas

    @bjh2130 said:

    How did he have a better game? I'm just wondering what you saw. Commentators even made the remark that a majority of the Saints passing came on the left side of the field because they were avoiding Ward. I think he gave up three catches to Mike Thomas

    Ward gave up some passes and missed a lot of tackles. Pep was in the backfield when called to be, had some nice sticks in the run game, and cleaned up on some tackles down field after misses by other players. Did some non box score things too. Not saying it was an all world performance but he played well. 

  • @baconhound said:

    Today was on special teams but the offense is offensive.  Anyone who has watched these two debacles and has been inspired by this offense needs therapy 

    Then sign me up Dr. Freud. I had very few issues with how the offense went about its business today. Dink and dunk for sure, but kept chains moving and kept the defense rested. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Then sign me up Dr. Freud. I had very few issues with how the offense went about its business today. Dink and dunk for sure, but kept chains moving and kept the defense rested. 

    Points off of turnovers? Pre-Hail Mary 21-29 for 199 and 1 INT, oh bad weather indoors

  • @giosea11 said:

    We have not won a game since December 2016. You cannot blame a loss on a couple plays or missed kick(s). Hue does not know how to win....we do not threaten or put fear into any team....until we get some leadership that knows how to win, lead a team that can put fear into other teams, and will not accept when we lose, we will continue to be disappointed with the final outcome of games. 

    This is EXACTLY correct. Hue is a loser and the team will not win with him as head coach. 

    @browns149 said:

    This is EXACTLY correct. Hue is a loser and the team will not win with him as head coach. 

    Thank you for getting it. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    How did he have a better game? I'm just wondering what you saw. Commentators even made the remark that a majority of the Saints passing came on the left side of the field because they were avoiding Ward. I think he gave up three catches to Mike Thomas

    Ward gave up some passes and missed a lot of tackles. Pep was in the backfield when called to be, had some nice sticks in the run game, and cleaned up on some tackles down field after misses by other players. Did some non box score things too. Not saying it was an all world performance but he played well. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Ward gave up some passes and missed a lot of tackles. Pep was in the backfield when called to be, had some nice sticks in the run game, and cleaned up on some tackles down field after misses by other players. Did some non box score things too. Not saying it was an all world performance but he played well. 

    He gave up three passes while in man coverage they were all to Mike Thomas One In The End Zone which I commented in the tavern that he needs to find the ball and those situations as he had good position. One on the back shoulder throw they got them down there which was a great play by Brees and Thomas but Ward still needs to be better on that. And the other cat she gave up was early when he actually deflected it but Thomas still came down with it. I don't recall any missed tackles but I may have missed them. I'm not saying that Peppers didn't have a decent game I just don't think Ward had a bad game or worst game than peppers did

  • I'm sick

    @blowe said:

    I'm sick

    Then take a midol sweetpea. Gotta have thick skin for this team. 

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Then sign me up Dr. Freud. I had very few issues with how the offense went about its business today. Dink and dunk for sure, but kept chains moving and kept the defense rested. 

    Points off of turnovers? Pre-Hail Mary 21-29 for 199 and 1 INT, oh bad weather indoors

    @baconhound said:

    Points off of turnovers?

    Yeah, l hear you. I said very few issues, not zero issues. It wasn’t a bad plan against this team. Clock churning dink and dunk. Keeping Brees off the field. 4 yards here. 7 yards there.