Skip to content

***Official Browns @ Saints Game Day Thread***

The Browns Board
259 42 5.2k 1
  • @mld-woody said:

    Ward gave up some passes and missed a lot of tackles. Pep was in the backfield when called to be, had some nice sticks in the run game, and cleaned up on some tackles down field after misses by other players. Did some non box score things too. Not saying it was an all world performance but he played well. 

    He gave up three passes while in man coverage they were all to Mike Thomas One In The End Zone which I commented in the tavern that he needs to find the ball and those situations as he had good position. One on the back shoulder throw they got them down there which was a great play by Brees and Thomas but Ward still needs to be better on that. And the other cat she gave up was early when he actually deflected it but Thomas still came down with it. I don't recall any missed tackles but I may have missed them. I'm not saying that Peppers didn't have a decent game I just don't think Ward had a bad game or worst game than peppers did

    @bjh2130 said:

    He gave up three passes while in man coverage they were all to Mike Thomas One In The End Zone which I commented in the tavern that he needs to find the ball and those situations as he had good position. One on the back shoulder throw they got them down there which was a great play by Brees and Thomas but Ward still needs to be better on that. And the other cat she gave up was early when he actually deflected it but Thomas still came down with it. I don't recall any missed tackles but I may have missed them. I'm not saying that Peppers didn't have a decent game I just don't think Ward had a bad game or worst game than peppers did

    I'm not saying Ward had a bad game either. There were a good amount of missed tackles though. Ward wasn't the only one either. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    He gave up three passes while in man coverage they were all to Mike Thomas One In The End Zone which I commented in the tavern that he needs to find the ball and those situations as he had good position. One on the back shoulder throw they got them down there which was a great play by Brees and Thomas but Ward still needs to be better on that. And the other cat she gave up was early when he actually deflected it but Thomas still came down with it. I don't recall any missed tackles but I may have missed them. I'm not saying that Peppers didn't have a decent game I just don't think Ward had a bad game or worst game than peppers did

    I'm not saying Ward had a bad game either. There were a good amount of missed tackles though. Ward wasn't the only one either. 

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm not saying Ward had a bad game either. There were a good amount of missed tackles though. Ward wasn't the only one either. 

    I blame some of those missed tackles on Kamara who is just a tough back to bring down.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I'm not saying Ward had a bad game either. There were a good amount of missed tackles though. Ward wasn't the only one either. 

    I blame some of those missed tackles on Kamara who is just a tough back to bring down.

    @mark-o said:

    I blame some of those missed tackles on Kamara who is just a tough back to bring down.

    Very slippery. 

    You don't average 6.1 yards a carry last season just being fast.

  • @runyon27 said:

    Yes you can if the kicker makes his kicks we win this game. The only decision Hue made that I may question is not running one more play before the final FG attempt but that had little impact on the game. No one is going to respect you until you win, so your logic makes no sense. Yes they need to win, they also need to cut dead weight. Gonzalez was iffy last year, we can thank Sashi for that move. Dan Bailey better be brought in Monday. I have no problem blaming Hue, but today wasn't on Hue, it was on the special teams. Maybe you can blame Hue for hiring the special teams coach I guess.

    8 seconds isn't enough time from 35 yards out to be comfortable you'll get another shot, IMO

    @mld-woody said:

    8 seconds isn't enough time from 35 yards out to be comfortable you'll get another shot, IMO

    I don't think Zane would have hit it if he were closer, he was obviously thinking about it too much. I just watched the Packers with 7 seconds left run one more play. You either get the out right away on the side line or throw it away. Its possible, but I understand going for the kick right then.

  • @bjh2130 said:

    He gave up three passes while in man coverage they were all to Mike Thomas One In The End Zone which I commented in the tavern that he needs to find the ball and those situations as he had good position. One on the back shoulder throw they got them down there which was a great play by Brees and Thomas but Ward still needs to be better on that. And the other cat she gave up was early when he actually deflected it but Thomas still came down with it. I don't recall any missed tackles but I may have missed them. I'm not saying that Peppers didn't have a decent game I just don't think Ward had a bad game or worst game than peppers did

    I'm not saying Ward had a bad game either. There were a good amount of missed tackles though. Ward wasn't the only one either. 

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm not saying Ward had a bad game either. There were a good amount of missed tackles though. Ward wasn't the only one either. 

    man youre just butt hurt cause I slapped your boy peppers around so then you started saying Sheet about ward 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Not necessarily - Ward didn't slip into the rotation until 2016 and by that point the majority of the practice looks would have been from Apple, Conley, Hooker, Lattimore, etc etc.   

    Still, MT is a year 3 NFL receiver in a professional strength program that has seen the best DB's the game has to offer.    Denzel has a lot of promise but this wasn't a matchup I expected him to excel in.     Still, he had a solid showing but his body placement on the fade wasn't ideal.   Might not have mattered either way.  6'3 is 6'3.

    Well I imagine OSUs strength program isn't too shabby itself. Hopefully he keeps growing, which I'm sure he will. He'll need something for 6'3" WRs then cuz he can't just get a pass

    @mld-woody said:

    Well I imagine OSUs strength program isn't too shabby itself. Hopefully he keeps growing, which I'm sure he will. He'll need something for 6'3" WRs then cuz he can't just get a pass

    He's getting no pass, simply that going against MT is a bad day for most corners.  Especially rookies that need to work on their strength.

  • @mld-woody said:

    I'm not saying Ward had a bad game either. There were a good amount of missed tackles though. Ward wasn't the only one either. 

    I blame some of those missed tackles on Kamara who is just a tough back to bring down.

    @mark-o said:

    I blame some of those missed tackles on Kamara who is just a tough back to bring down.

    Yup... sometimes you just have to tip your hat to "the other guy".

    Often Kamara's moves kept our guys from getting in position to make the tackle... but when we were we made them.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Yeah, l hear you. I said very few issues, not zero issues. It wasn’t a bad plan against this team. Clock churning dink and dunk. Keeping Brees off the field. 4 yards here. 7 yards there. 

    I get it but Taylor doesn't look very good and our O-line can't run block.

    @baconhound said:

    I get it but Taylor doesn't look very good and our O-line can't run block.

    For this game and for our offense, l accept that there are limitations. But for what we have right now and where we are at, l thought it was a good game plan.

    What are you realistically expecting from the offense at this time?

  • @baconhound said:

    I get it but Taylor doesn't look very good and our O-line can't run block.

    For this game and for our offense, l accept that there are limitations. But for what we have right now and where we are at, l thought it was a good game plan.

    What are you realistically expecting from the offense at this time?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    For this game and for our offense, l accept that there are limitations. But for what we have right now and where we are at, l thought it was a good game plan.

    What are you realistically expecting from the offense at this time?

    I thought the plan was good, they wanted to keep Brees off the field as much as possible. Taylors numbers weren't bad, he had one bad play, much better than last week I thought. in last two minutes he completed a 40yd pass for a TD on 4th and 5 to tie the game and then with 21 seconds from own 25 got the team into FG range. We have to finish games.

  • hey at least were not the bills vontea davis quit retired on them at half time

  • sydS syd

    hey at least were not the bills vontea davis quit retired on them at half time

    @syd said:

    hey at least were not the bills vontea davis quit retired on them at half time

    Or the Cardinals.

  • @syd said:

    hey at least were not the bills vontea davis quit retired on them at half time

    Or the Cardinals.

    @mark-o said:

    Or the Cardinals.

    last I saw gurley was running all over em has it gotton worse ?

  • sydS syd

    @mld-woody said:

    I'm not saying Ward had a bad game either. There were a good amount of missed tackles though. Ward wasn't the only one either. 

    man youre just butt hurt cause I slapped your boy peppers around so then you started saying Sheet about ward 

    @syd said:

    man youre just butt hurt cause I slapped your boy peppers around so then you started saying Sheet about ward 

    You aren't a bright one. That's ok

  • @mld-woody said:

    Well I imagine OSUs strength program isn't too shabby itself. Hopefully he keeps growing, which I'm sure he will. He'll need something for 6'3" WRs then cuz he can't just get a pass

    He's getting no pass, simply that going against MT is a bad day for most corners.  Especially rookies that need to work on their strength.

    @tiamat63 said:

    He's getting no pass, simply that going against MT is a bad day for most corners.  Especially rookies that need to work on their strength.

    True. MT is a beast. Imagine if he actually had a WR coach while in college 😉

  • @syd said:

    man youre just butt hurt cause I slapped your boy peppers around so then you started saying Sheet about ward 

    You aren't a bright one. That's ok

    @mld-woody said:

    You aren't a bright one. That's ok

    sure thing you do understand that ward was worth a first round pick and peppers was not don't you ?

  • why is peppers being brought up? the whole defense, including him, played well...if anyobe had a subpar game actually it was myles. He didnt play horrible but his presence around brees was def less than it was last week around ben. But still, everyone on the D played adequately so can we stfu about peppers? i get it he's from michigan but god he's tge least of this teams concerns

  • @mld-woody said:

    8 seconds isn't enough time from 35 yards out to be comfortable you'll get another shot, IMO

    I don't think Zane would have hit it if he were closer, he was obviously thinking about it too much. I just watched the Packers with 7 seconds left run one more play. You either get the out right away on the side line or throw it away. Its possible, but I understand going for the kick right then.

    @runyon27 said:

    I don't think Zane would have hit it if he were closer, he was obviously thinking about it too much. I just watched the Packers with 7 seconds left run one more play. You either get the out right away on the side line or throw it away. Its possible, but I understand going for the kick right then.

    Zane melted down. Chewing his nails on the sideline. Stuck in his head. All fúcked up inside. No place for that here. Time for a new kicker. 

  • why is peppers being brought up? the whole defense, including him, played well...if anyobe had a subpar game actually it was myles. He didnt play horrible but his presence around brees was def less than it was last week around ben. But still, everyone on the D played adequately so can we stfu about peppers? i get it he's from michigan but god he's tge least of this teams concerns

    @clevfan4life said:

    why is peppers being brought up? the whole defense, including him, played well...if anyobe had a subpar game actually it was myles. He didnt play horrible but his presence around brees was def less than it was last week around ben. But still, everyone on the D played adequately so can we stfu about peppers? i get it he's from michigan but god he's tge least of this teams concerns

    honestly it all started with me saying that he should not be a return man as for miles he did bring pressure that led to obi's sack

  • sydS syd

    @mld-woody said:

    You aren't a bright one. That's ok

    sure thing you do understand that ward was worth a first round pick and peppers was not don't you ?

    @syd said:

    sure thing you do understand that ward was worth a first round pick and peppers was not don't you ?

    u do understand that ur comparing a 4th pick to a 25th pick right? 

  • sydS syd

    @clevfan4life said:

    why is peppers being brought up? the whole defense, including him, played well...if anyobe had a subpar game actually it was myles. He didnt play horrible but his presence around brees was def less than it was last week around ben. But still, everyone on the D played adequately so can we stfu about peppers? i get it he's from michigan but god he's tge least of this teams concerns

    honestly it all started with me saying that he should not be a return man as for miles he did bring pressure that led to obi's sack

    @syd said:

    honestly it all started with me saying that he should not be a return man as for miles he did bring pressure that led to obi's sack

    do we have anyone better for returns? i dont know, but if he isnt muffing catches keep him doing it....thats how low my bar is at this point.