Skip to content

is hue gone on monday?

The Browns Board
164 33 4.0k 2
  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I hope he is...

  • im thinkin he might be. Dez isnt on the team likely because hue made one last pitch to keep josh. Hue put his job on the line vouching for josh. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @clevfan4life said:

    im thinkin he might be. Dez isnt on the team likely because hue made one last pitch to keep josh. Hue put his job on the line vouching for josh. 

    You're way over rating Dez. At this point, he's not even better than Landry. AND he still wants #1 WR money. If you forgot, it was widely reported the Browns offered Bryant a one year $5 million contract, and he turned it down. 

    LOL, it's going to take way more than that to get Hue fired. Dorsey is calling the personnel shots, not Hue. Don't forget he sent Coleman packing and kept Josh around- just based on pure talent. I doubt JD went into the season thinking Gordon was 100% reliable. 

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Where’s the “hopefully” option?

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #5

    This Sheet's contagious.

  • im thinkin he might be. Dez isnt on the team likely because hue made one last pitch to keep josh. Hue put his job on the line vouching for josh. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @clevfan4life said:

    im thinkin he might be. Dez isnt on the team likely because hue made one last pitch to keep josh. Hue put his job on the line vouching for josh. 

    Either that or "as reported" we made a $5mm offer that Dez deemed to be too low.

    Chalk one up to wishful thinking?

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #7

    1-31-1.. please let it be true!

  • I hope he is...

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @nickers said:

    I hope he is...

    Another new coach is what we need!!  Dilly Dilly!!!

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #9

    well dont u think we lowballed dez because the thinking was josh is coming back in a few weeks so lets not overpay??? i think we all saw on hard knocks how haley and dorsey were "meh" about josh. If haley was brought on as contingency, ill bet they pull that trigger sooner rather than later. Im not saying i want this to happen, cause i still like hue and i prefer his off philosophy to haleys.....i think hue knows in the afc north u run to pass, deep pass....which is why he covets deep threats. And he understands defensively u have stop the run in the north when the wind and snow come on. But that being said, if gordon was his last card it got played out last night. 

    i just hope they make williams the coach and not haley.

  • im thinkin he might be. Dez isnt on the team likely because hue made one last pitch to keep josh. Hue put his job on the line vouching for josh. 

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @clevfan4life said:

    im thinkin he might be. Dez isnt on the team likely because hue made one last pitch to keep josh. Hue put his job on the line vouching for josh. 

    Where is that info from?

  • well dont u think we lowballed dez because the thinking was josh is coming back in a few weeks so lets not overpay??? i think we all saw on hard knocks how haley and dorsey were "meh" about josh. If haley was brought on as contingency, ill bet they pull that trigger sooner rather than later. Im not saying i want this to happen, cause i still like hue and i prefer his off philosophy to haleys.....i think hue knows in the afc north u run to pass, deep pass....which is why he covets deep threats. And he understands defensively u have stop the run in the north when the wind and snow come on. But that being said, if gordon was his last card it got played out last night. 

    i just hope they make williams the coach and not haley.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @clevfan4life said:

    well dont u think we lowballed dez because the thinking was josh is coming back in a few weeks so lets not overpay???

    No... I don't. I think we made Dez a fair offer based upon the player he is today... not the one he was three or so years ago.

    And I'm pretty sure the league agrees with me.

    @jcam222 said:

    Where is that info from?

    The land of Wishful Thinking...

    ... right next to GottaBeTruikstan...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #12

    Plus given the strongman-autocrat we have seen in Dorsey... do you think Hue has any say over the 53-man roster?

    This just in... I don't.

  • Opal312O Opal312 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I don’t think Dez is the answer. I think they’d be better off developing Callaway, Higgins & Njoku. Some teams don’t even have what the Browns have on offense and they win games. Landry, Hyde & Duke Johnson will go as far as Tyrod & the coaches calling the plays will take them. 

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #14

    no we could absolutely use dez. 

  • Plus given the strongman-autocrat we have seen in Dorsey... do you think Hue has any say over the 53-man roster?

    This just in... I don't.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @tour2ma said:

    Plus given the strongman-autocrat we have seen in Dorsey... do you think Hue has any say over the 53-man roster?

    This just in... I don't.

    i tend to agree but i cant help but think hue went to over dorseys head, and under dee's skirt, to keep josh on the team. Hue was "invested", that was obvious from hard knocks.....he treated josh as some coming savior (for his job?)......and haley/dorsey couldnt have given less of a fuk. 

  • Plus given the strongman-autocrat we have seen in Dorsey... do you think Hue has any say over the 53-man roster?

    This just in... I don't.

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @tour2ma said:

    Plus given the strongman-autocrat we have seen in Dorsey... do you think Hue has any say over the 53-man roster?

    This just in... I don't.

    Our resident fecal fountain insists dorsey is a coffee fetcher

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #17

    why would he be gone ? I mean unless we totally get blown out and the team decides not to show up otherwise this is a silly thread 

  • sydS syd

    why would he be gone ? I mean unless we totally get blown out and the team decides not to show up otherwise this is a silly thread 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @syd said:

    why would he be gone ? I mean unless we totally get blown out and the team decides not to show up otherwise this is a silly thread 

    u dont see haleys hiring as a contingency plan against another 0 win season? if we start losing again and losing badly, hue's the fall guy. And haley was brought in to either be HC or continue as OC and williams goes HC

  • alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I’d like to see us man up today and show up strong. 

    A W would be a huge statement about who we are as a team. 

    Everything communicates. 

  • @syd said:

    why would he be gone ? I mean unless we totally get blown out and the team decides not to show up otherwise this is a silly thread 

    u dont see haleys hiring as a contingency plan against another 0 win season? if we start losing again and losing badly, hue's the fall guy. And haley was brought in to either be HC or continue as OC and williams goes HC

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @clevfan4life said:

    u dont see haleys hiring as a contingency plan against another 0 win season? if we start losing again and losing badly, hue's the fall guy. And haley was brought in to either be HC or continue as OC and williams goes HC

    well ya that's old news I just don't see anything happening on Monday at least not this Monday on some other Monday I fully expect hue to be gone

  • sydS syd

    @clevfan4life said:

    u dont see haleys hiring as a contingency plan against another 0 win season? if we start losing again and losing badly, hue's the fall guy. And haley was brought in to either be HC or continue as OC and williams goes HC

    well ya that's old news I just don't see anything happening on Monday at least not this Monday on some other Monday I fully expect hue to be gone

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @syd said:

    well ya that's old news I just don't see anything happening on Monday at least not this Monday on some other Monday I fully expect hue to be gone

    as i mentioned, depends on how today goes. So far so good