Skip to content

Dutch's Droppings

The Browns Board
64 19 1.3k 1
  • Wow. This is tough... allow me to muddle through this game's musings. 

    1. On a positive note, the Browns defense has 8 turnovers already this season, after only producing 13 for the entire season last year. Unfortunately, points aren't being produced off them. 

    2. Glad to see Ogunjobi has a nice day with interior pass rush, pretty quite from the outside. You have to wonder if the Browns are concerned about Ogbah's ability to stay on the field. 

    3. Is Benjamin Watson 80 years old? Wasn't he a veteran free agent pickup for the Browns like a decade ago? 

    4. Patrick Mahomes might not suck ?. Good lord, everyone knew he has a cannon, but the ball just explodes off his hand. Kelce and he are going to destroy defenses down the seam. Speaking of great starts from QBs, Ryan Fitzpatrick had another great game. There's something I've noticed about him - he often starts seasons hot, only to slow down as the season progresses. He's the QB version of pitcher Chris Sale. 

    5. It's startling how Pittsburgh's defense has regressed since Shazier's injury. I'm sure no Steelers fan will admit it here, but offenses have been slicing through it lately like a knife through warm butter. At least Steelers fans are salty too, as they also sit 0-1-1. Small victories are the only victories we Browns fans know.  

    6. The Browns offense was a very conservative, sluggish unit to start the game, but it was refreshing to see them being able to get the ball downfield, and find holes in the running game as the game progressed. With Taylor it's never going to be explosive, but the passing game went from five yards dumps to actually hitting receivers in stride and passing plays designed to allow players to run after the catch. But man oh man, have I been disappointed in Njoku. I expected the Browns to use him downfield off play-action, but mostly it's been him dropping short passes. It doesn't matter how athletic a player is if he can't catch the ball. 

    7. Ok, I've avoided the elephant in the room: Zane Gonzalez is hot garbage at this point, and if there aren't kickers in Berea Tuesday, Browns fans should riot. 

    8. So as the Browns held a 12-3 lead, thanks again to Zane's missed extra point and field goal (just one a piece at this time), I thought to myself: "Self, let's see how Greg Williams' defense holds this lead, shall we?" Lost in last year's QB-lead offensive disaster was the fact that when they did somehow manage to give the Browns a lead, William's defense gave it back every single time. So how did the defense do? Did they fold down the stretch? Well, yes and no. They did stop the Saints on two drives in the 4th quarter, but were victimized on a suspect illegal bump downfield that gave New Orleans a first down when it appeared the Browns had forced a punt. On the other hand, they appeared to forget Ted Ginn existed on the last drive of the game. To sum up, it would be unfair to say William's defense choked again, with Zane Gonzalez and Taylor's unfortunate interception playing huge roles in this loss of course. Still, you gotta wonder if this defense can ever seal the deal. 

    9. Might be for the best that the Browns play Thursday. I'm intrigued to see Darnold, who had an 'eh' game in his second career start today. I still contend that the Giants are going to regret not taking a QB this last draft, and if I were them I would have probably taken him. 

  • I think I stepped in something of yours...

  • I thought the rumor was that the giants wanted Mayfield and settled for barkley

  • I honestly don't think this team is ever going to win again.

    Memba when the schedule came out and we collectively groaned when we saw the season opened with the Steelers and Saints on the road? Memba? 

    The Browns should be 2-0 right now. 

    Ugh. 

  • Shmucking kicker man his low trajectory is why watt's got his hand on the ball and of course his crap he pulled today

  • I honestly don't think this team is ever going to win again.

    Memba when the schedule came out and we collectively groaned when we saw the season opened with the Steelers and Saints on the road? Memba? 

    The Browns should be 2-0 right now. 

    Ugh. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I honestly don't think this team is ever going to win again.

    Memba when the schedule came out and we collectively groaned when we saw the season opened with the Steelers and Saints on the road? Memba? 

    The Browns should be 2-0 right now. 

    Ugh. 

    So you are disappointed because our record is what you thought it would be?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I honestly don't think this team is ever going to win again.

    Memba when the schedule came out and we collectively groaned when we saw the season opened with the Steelers and Saints on the road? Memba? 

    The Browns should be 2-0 right now. 

    Ugh. 

    So you are disappointed because our record is what you thought it would be?

    @tour2ma said:

    So you are disappointed because our record is what you thought it would be?

    Disappointed because they put themselves in position - shockingly - to win both games and in different and exciting ways choked both away. 

    It's great in theory to play the "Well if you had told me that the Browns would tie Pittsburgh and lose in the last seconds to New Orleans I would have been pleasantly surprised and optimistic for the rest of the season" game. 

    I'm done with moral victories. I'm not one of the delusional posters on here who was talking playoffs, but man, I just want to see a damn Browns win. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    So you are disappointed because our record is what you thought it would be?

    Disappointed because they put themselves in position - shockingly - to win both games and in different and exciting ways choked both away. 

    It's great in theory to play the "Well if you had told me that the Browns would tie Pittsburgh and lose in the last seconds to New Orleans I would have been pleasantly surprised and optimistic for the rest of the season" game. 

    I'm done with moral victories. I'm not one of the delusional posters on here who was talking playoffs, but man, I just want to see a damn Browns win. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Disappointed because they put themselves in position - shockingly - to win both games and in different and exciting ways choked both away. 

    It's great in theory to play the "Well if you had told me that the Browns would tie Pittsburgh and lose in the last seconds to New Orleans I would have been pleasantly surprised and optimistic for the rest of the season" game. 

    I'm done with moral victories. I'm not one of the delusional posters on here who was talking playoffs, but man, I just want to see a damn Browns win. 

    You will... book it!

  • @tour2ma said:

    So you are disappointed because our record is what you thought it would be?

    Disappointed because they put themselves in position - shockingly - to win both games and in different and exciting ways choked both away. 

    It's great in theory to play the "Well if you had told me that the Browns would tie Pittsburgh and lose in the last seconds to New Orleans I would have been pleasantly surprised and optimistic for the rest of the season" game. 

    I'm done with moral victories. I'm not one of the delusional posters on here who was talking playoffs, but man, I just want to see a damn Browns win. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Disappointed because they put themselves in position - shockingly - to win both games and in different and exciting ways choked both away. 

    It's great in theory to play the "Well if you had told me that the Browns would tie Pittsburgh and lose in the last seconds to New Orleans I would have been pleasantly surprised and optimistic for the rest of the season" game. 

    I'm done with moral victories. I'm not one of the delusional posters on here who was talking playoffs, but man, I just want to see a damn Browns win. 

    and it's all a culture of losing and why the haslems do not see that I cannot understand hue needs to go

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Disappointed because they put themselves in position - shockingly - to win both games and in different and exciting ways choked both away. 

    It's great in theory to play the "Well if you had told me that the Browns would tie Pittsburgh and lose in the last seconds to New Orleans I would have been pleasantly surprised and optimistic for the rest of the season" game. 

    I'm done with moral victories. I'm not one of the delusional posters on here who was talking playoffs, but man, I just want to see a damn Browns win. 

    and it's all a culture of losing and why the haslems do not see that I cannot understand hue needs to go

    @syd said:

    and it's all a culture of losing and why the haslems do not see that I cannot understand hue needs to go

    I do not in any instance blame Hue for today's loss. 

    I don't think he's doing a good job, I think he's gone at the end of the season, but today was on the player's. 

    They were in position to win, and THEY blew it. 

  • @syd said:

    and it's all a culture of losing and why the haslems do not see that I cannot understand hue needs to go

    I do not in any instance blame Hue for today's loss. 

    I don't think he's doing a good job, I think he's gone at the end of the season, but today was on the player's. 

    They were in position to win, and THEY blew it. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I do not in any instance blame Hue for today's loss. 

    I don't think he's doing a good job, I think he's gone at the end of the season, but today was on the player's. 

    They were in position to win, and THEY blew it.

    Really only one player blew it.  

  • I blame hue for everything

  • http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24703207/bills-cb-vontae-davis-abruptly-retires-football-half-vs-chargers

    It could be worse, the Browns could be the Bills, who apparently had a player retire DURING their loss today. 

  • http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24703207/bills-cb-vontae-davis-abruptly-retires-football-half-vs-chargers

    It could be worse, the Browns could be the Bills, who apparently had a player retire DURING their loss today. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    It could be worse, the Browns could be the Bills, who apparently had a player retire DURING their loss today. 

    Who was that?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It could be worse, the Browns could be the Bills, who apparently had a player retire DURING their loss today. 

    Who was that?

    @nickers said:

    Who was that?

    Look above, I added the link to the story. 

  • @nickers said:

    Who was that?

    Look above, I added the link to the story. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Look above, I added the link to the story. 

    honestly what a douche to guit on your team like that

  • @nickers said:

    Who was that?

    Look above, I added the link to the story. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Look above, I added the link to the story. 

    Kind of a $hitty way to go out... At least wait til the game is finished..

  • That has to be an awkward plane ride home. ?

  • That has to be an awkward plane ride home. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    That has to be an awkward plane ride home. ?

    He'll just hide his head in a magazine.. He's got his millions.. He won't suffer... But yeah.. What a cop out way to end a career...

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Disappointed because they put themselves in position - shockingly - to win both games and in different and exciting ways choked both away. 

    It's great in theory to play the "Well if you had told me that the Browns would tie Pittsburgh and lose in the last seconds to New Orleans I would have been pleasantly surprised and optimistic for the rest of the season" game. 

    I'm done with moral victories. I'm not one of the delusional posters on here who was talking playoffs, but man, I just want to see a damn Browns win. 

    and it's all a culture of losing and why the haslems do not see that I cannot understand hue needs to go

    @syd said:

    and it's all a culture of losing and why the haslems do not see that I cannot understand hue needs to go

    Losing just oozes out of Hue for whatever reason.