Skip to content

Dutch's Droppings

The Browns Board
64 19 1.3k 1
  • at least youre passionate 

  • So apparently the Browns will be wearing their color rush uniforms for the first time ever against the Jets Thursday night. 

    color rush browns.jpg

  • sydS syd

    Shmucking kicker man his low trajectory is why watt's got his hand on the ball and of course his crap he pulled today

    @syd said:

    Shmucking kicker man his low trajectory is why watt's got his hand on the ball and of course his crap he pulled today

    Dan Bailey is still available; I’m going to write Haslam, Dorsey & the Pied Piper right now?

  • @syd said:

    Shmucking kicker man his low trajectory is why watt's got his hand on the ball and of course his crap he pulled today

    Dan Bailey is still available; I’m going to write Haslam, Dorsey & the Pied Piper right now?

    @opal312 said:

    Dan Bailey is still available; I’m going to write Haslam, Dorsey & the Pied Piper right now?

    write em hard man write em hard like they have never been written before

  • sydS syd

    @opal312 said:

    Dan Bailey is still available; I’m going to write Haslam, Dorsey & the Pied Piper right now?

    write em hard man write em hard like they have never been written before

    @syd said:

    write em hard man write em hard like they have never been written before

    Ah, Opal is not what most would call a man. Look again.?

  • @syd said:

    write em hard man write em hard like they have never been written before

    Ah, Opal is not what most would call a man. Look again.?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ah, Opal is not what most would call a man. Look again.?

    well then she can write em hard

  • http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24703207/bills-cb-vontae-davis-abruptly-retires-football-half-vs-chargers

    It could be worse, the Browns could be the Bills, who apparently had a player retire DURING their loss today. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24703207/bills-cb-vontae-davis-abruptly-retires-football-half-vs-chargers

    It could be worse, the Browns could be the Bills, who apparently had a player retire DURING their loss today. 

    There is absolutely nothing wrong with what the guy did. People here are fauked up with this bullschidt of how important football is. It IS A GAME................... nothing more. There is no nobility to this horse crap, no honor, no dignity, it is all bullschidt. People getting paid to take performance-enhancing chemicals, If a man feels that he has nothing left to give, nobody, not the league, the team, the fans or the players have the right to tell a man he has to keep playing. Who the hail is anyone to tell another human being what to do with their body?

  • @ghoolie said:

    Syd, the team has problems and changing a goofy kicker isn't going to make a hill of beans difference. There is a severe lack of offensive playmaking talent, and Dorsey has to choke on that. Gordon? Who's fault is it that we are still farting around with that? Who hired Zane? Who the hell brings in Tarkenton and expects improvement?

    This team is a mess.

    where I disagree is we didn't have any talent before he got here I loved the trade for randell but we could have gotten Keenum for nothing I still hate are 2nd round picks chubb barely see's the field and corbett is a back up I mean c'mon the 33rd and 37th picks are doing nothing that just leaves ward who is starting but snagging landry and hubbard were good choices I do not think any gm would fair well here at the beginning

  • I am not in total disagreement. Farmer brought good talent here. I really am the first one here who said Hue would be a failure. Because his first QTR of preseason demonstrated the same mistakes and shortcomings. People are slobbering over Dorsey, but right now the "we are way improved on paper" is looking less and less like it will prove out on the field.

    Keenum, Mccarron, others, far better than this piece of Tarkenton that we have. TieRod versus Darnold? DOn't care about all the other talent on the field, I don't see how Tyrod beats a guy like that.

    You watching Barkely tonight? Tell me, has Dorsey brought us THREE players who have made as many plays in 2 weeks as this kid has tonight? Do you think for one minute that Haslam is watching that kid and asking himself how do we make 4 #1 picks in the past 2 years, and not have a single player of Barkley's caliber? I promise you, Dorsey isn't the hero in Haslam's mind that fans think he is.

    No playmakers. That's why the Browns lost today. If Zane made his kicks, Brees would have had an answer.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24703207/bills-cb-vontae-davis-abruptly-retires-football-half-vs-chargers

    It could be worse, the Browns could be the Bills, who apparently had a player retire DURING their loss today. 

    There is absolutely nothing wrong with what the guy did. People here are fauked up with this bullschidt of how important football is. It IS A GAME................... nothing more. There is no nobility to this horse crap, no honor, no dignity, it is all bullschidt. People getting paid to take performance-enhancing chemicals, If a man feels that he has nothing left to give, nobody, not the league, the team, the fans or the players have the right to tell a man he has to keep playing. Who the hail is anyone to tell another human being what to do with their body?

    @ghoolie said:

    There is absolutely nothing wrong with what the guy did. People here are fauked up with this bullschidt of how important football is. It IS A GAME................... nothing more. There is no nobility to this horse crap, no honor, no dignity, it is all bullschidt. People getting paid to take performance-enhancing chemicals, If a man feels that he has nothing left to give, nobody, not the league, the team, the fans or the players have the right to tell a man he has to keep playing. Who the hail is anyone to tell another human being what to do with their body?

    Whatever you say, troll. 

    Football isn't that important to you, but when you got kicked off a message board that TALKS about football, you begged and pleaded to the owner to be let back on. 

    Laughable. 

  • I am not in total disagreement. Farmer brought good talent here. I really am the first one here who said Hue would be a failure. Because his first QTR of preseason demonstrated the same mistakes and shortcomings. People are slobbering over Dorsey, but right now the "we are way improved on paper" is looking less and less like it will prove out on the field.

    Keenum, Mccarron, others, far better than this piece of Tarkenton that we have. TieRod versus Darnold? DOn't care about all the other talent on the field, I don't see how Tyrod beats a guy like that.

    You watching Barkely tonight? Tell me, has Dorsey brought us THREE players who have made as many plays in 2 weeks as this kid has tonight? Do you think for one minute that Haslam is watching that kid and asking himself how do we make 4 #1 picks in the past 2 years, and not have a single player of Barkley's caliber? I promise you, Dorsey isn't the hero in Haslam's mind that fans think he is.

    No playmakers. That's why the Browns lost today. If Zane made his kicks, Brees would have had an answer.

    @ghoolie said:

    I am not in total disagreement. Farmer brought good talent here. I really am the first one here who said Hue would be a failure. Because his first QTR of preseason demonstrated the same mistakes and shortcomings. People are slobbering over Dorsey, but right now the "we are way improved on paper" is looking less and less like it will prove out on the field.

    Keenum, Mccarron, others, far better than this piece of Tarkenton that we have. TieRod versus Darnold? DOn't care about all the other talent on the field, I don't see how Tyrod beats a guy like that.

    You watching Barkely tonight? Tell me, has Dorsey brought us THREE players who have made as many plays in 2 weeks as this kid has tonight? Do you think for one minute that Haslam is watching that kid and asking himself how do we make 4 #1 picks in the past 2 years, and not have a single player of Barkley's caliber? I promise you, Dorsey isn't the hero in Haslam's mind that fans think he is.

    No playmakers. That's why the Browns lost today. If Zane made his kicks, Brees would have had an answer.

    at this point in the day I am kinda Shmucked up I have the game on but not paying attention is Berkley really having a good game ?

  • sydS syd

    @ghoolie said:

    I am not in total disagreement. Farmer brought good talent here. I really am the first one here who said Hue would be a failure. Because his first QTR of preseason demonstrated the same mistakes and shortcomings. People are slobbering over Dorsey, but right now the "we are way improved on paper" is looking less and less like it will prove out on the field.

    Keenum, Mccarron, others, far better than this piece of Tarkenton that we have. TieRod versus Darnold? DOn't care about all the other talent on the field, I don't see how Tyrod beats a guy like that.

    You watching Barkely tonight? Tell me, has Dorsey brought us THREE players who have made as many plays in 2 weeks as this kid has tonight? Do you think for one minute that Haslam is watching that kid and asking himself how do we make 4 #1 picks in the past 2 years, and not have a single player of Barkley's caliber? I promise you, Dorsey isn't the hero in Haslam's mind that fans think he is.

    No playmakers. That's why the Browns lost today. If Zane made his kicks, Brees would have had an answer.

    at this point in the day I am kinda Shmucked up I have the game on but not paying attention is Berkley really having a good game ?

    @syd said:

    at this point in the day I am kinda Shmucked up I have the game on but not paying attention is Berkley really having a good game ?

    He is garnering most of the comments, and making a lot of impressive plays. His team stinks, but so did Simms' Lions. Barkley is a stud. Hoorta is home vomiting at the thought that we passed on the guy. Passing on him is perhaps the dumbest draft move the Browns have ever made.

  • @syd said:

    at this point in the day I am kinda Shmucked up I have the game on but not paying attention is Berkley really having a good game ?

    He is garnering most of the comments, and making a lot of impressive plays. His team stinks, but so did Simms' Lions. Barkley is a stud. Hoorta is home vomiting at the thought that we passed on the guy. Passing on him is perhaps the dumbest draft move the Browns have ever made.

    @ghoolie said:

    He is garnering most of the comments, and making a lot of impressive plays. His team stinks, but so did Simms' Lions. Barkley is a stud. Hoorta is home vomiting at the thought that we passed on the guy. Passing on him is perhaps the dumbest draft move the Browns have ever made.

    you mean over gilbert and manziel when we could have had those guys that the raiders picked

  • Thank god the Giants got Barkley.

    They probably wouldn't have got the one TD their offense has mustered in their first two games without him. 

    He's not even the best RB in the stadium. 

  • @syd said:

    at this point in the day I am kinda Shmucked up I have the game on but not paying attention is Berkley really having a good game ?

    He is garnering most of the comments, and making a lot of impressive plays. His team stinks, but so did Simms' Lions. Barkley is a stud. Hoorta is home vomiting at the thought that we passed on the guy. Passing on him is perhaps the dumbest draft move the Browns have ever made.

    @ghoolie said:

    He is garnering most of the comments, and making a lot of impressive plays. His team stinks, but so did Simms' Lions. Barkley is a stud. Hoorta is home vomiting at the thought that we passed on the guy. Passing on him is perhaps the dumbest draft move the Browns have ever made.

    Scoreboard: Play maker Barf-ey now 0-2.  He's making a huge difference in the win column all righty.    For the record Trollie, the almighty Barf-ey currently has one more rushing yard, and one less touchdown than Carlos Hyde.  Maybe he "just needs more time" like Paxton Lynch. 😁 

    No, I don't miss Barf-ey at all, Mayfield and Ward were the correct draft picks. In fact, my not so bold prediction- echoed by football analysts who have more football smarts in their big toe than you have in your entire body- say THE GIANTS ARE GOING TO REGRET PASSING ON SAM DARNOLD. 

  • This team simply refuses to win. It really defies logic. You couldn't design a team to look competent, play competitively, yet somehow never win. I'm now undecided if there is an inner conspiracy involving all the coaches and players, or this is the Twilight Zone. I have no confidence that we will ever win another game...in fact I don't expect to see another win. I don't care if we trade for Tom Brady, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, Aaron Rodgers, etc. We won't win another game....ever. Dorsey is a moron for keeping Gonzalez and cutting the other guy ( can't remember his name, but he did pretty well ). 0 - 15 - 1 is looking like reality about now. Thank God for that tie!

  • @syd said:

    and it's all a culture of losing and why the haslems do not see that I cannot understand hue needs to go

    I do not in any instance blame Hue for today's loss. 

    I don't think he's doing a good job, I think he's gone at the end of the season, but today was on the player's. 

    They were in position to win, and THEY blew it. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I do not in any instance blame Hue for today's loss. 

    I don't think he's doing a good job, I think he's gone at the end of the season, but today was on the player's. 

    They were in position to win, and THEY blew it. 

    Agree except for one point...

    Knowing your kicker is struggling with 8 seconds left I run one more play at the end of regulation to try to pick up a few more yards. Probably tell Haley to call a roll out and TT to throw an out quickly either to a receiver or OB.

    Hue was the one who made the call to kick it when we did.

    @mark-o said:

    Really only one player blew it.  

    No... this is never the case. Every player walked off that field thinking of plays they did not make that could have made a difference in the end result. The more skilled/specialized the position they play the greater the number.

    Zane's plays were simply the most obvious ones.

  • "Garnering most of the comments..."

    Priceless! lol...

  • I’m actually not so down in the dumps over this one.

    A lot of the press leading up to this game made it sound like the Drew Brees machine was going walk all over us. I felt like the Browns dictated the pace of much of the game though, until the end of course.

    Our offense, while not flashy, seemed to have a good balanced game plan that suited the players. Clock eating dink and dunk. 

    The defense made Brees and co seem less high powered than they are. 

    I guess l got the Browns version of Stockholm syndrome where l’m pleased at the moment over certain progress being made. 

  • I’m actually not so down in the dumps over this one.

    A lot of the press leading up to this game made it sound like the Drew Brees machine was going walk all over us. I felt like the Browns dictated the pace of much of the game though, until the end of course.

    Our offense, while not flashy, seemed to have a good balanced game plan that suited the players. Clock eating dink and dunk. 

    The defense made Brees and co seem less high powered than they are. 

    I guess l got the Browns version of Stockholm syndrome where l’m pleased at the moment over certain progress being made. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I’m actually not so down in the dumps over this one.

    A lot of the press leading up to this game made it sound like the Drew Brees machine was going walk all over us. I felt like the Browns dictated the pace of much of the game though, until the end of course.

    Our offense, while not flashy, seemed to have a good balanced game plan that suited the players. Clock eating dink and dunk. 

    The defense made Brees and co seem less high powered than they are. 

    I guess l got the Browns version of Stockholm syndrome where l’m pleased at the moment over certain progress being made. 

    For me, this is easy to swallow as I didn't watch this last game.

    But keeping 2 of the best offenses in the league on 21 points, with many chances to win both and commanding one of the games (and AWAY) is something to be optimistic about. 

    We need tweaking but offense improved somewhat from last Sunday and we are a team with many new faces. 

    I hope the team keeps fighting so we reach some well deserved victories.