Skip to content

Baker time

The Browns Board
52 29 2.0k
  • Dunno, darren... Allen had some moments yesterday. I think they have their guy.

    As for Baker... I'm ready. And from his look in the sideline shots of him... so is he.

    @tour2ma said:

    As for Baker... I'm ready. And from his look in the sideline shots of him... so is he.

    A little surprised you are already calling for Baker, Tour.

    For me I don’t know if I’m ready, the offense has looked pitiful so far but I think it’s more scheme then Tyrods play. 

  • I thought steelers had the dumbest fans...then I read some if this baker...gordon stuff and get concerned.

  • It doesn’t help when OC calls a reverse when we were up by 2 points with about 6 minutes left and trying to put together a nice drive to kill the clock out.

    That shows no confidence in Tyrod. I was so mad, 2nd and 18 after that..

    The other time the reverse to Callaway worked and setup the Hyde touchdown, but after that let the players play, coach!

  • @canton-dawg said:

    We’ll see Baker start when the coaching seat starts getting hot for Hue.

    What the exact win/loss ratio will be is subjective.

    My opinion would be 0-4-1 and Hue will be in desperation mode.

    "IF" maybe the BROWNS had a half decent kicker, beat pizzburgh game 1 and were 2-0 right now the can hue and play Baker now talk would be a whole lot quieter. 

    A freaking kicker, hmmmmm. Oh well......

    @mjp28 said:

    "IF" maybe the BROWNS had a half decent kicker, beat pizzburgh game 1 and were 2-0 right now the can hue and play Baker now talk would be a whole lot quieter. 

    A freaking kicker, hmmmmm. Oh well......

    The Browns are a competent kicker away from the Browns being 2-0 and averaging 23.5 points a game. 

  • We have terrible rushing stats.....and half of THEM came from Tyrod.  

    Tyrod will be injured soon enough and then you can have Baker play.

  • When baker gets his chance,  I really think he'll be good.  The Ohio state game was what initially made me a believer.  You just got nervous he'd make plays when they needed to.  That's prob the same way everyone felt about Brees yesterday.  

    And I hope Mahomes crushing it right now shuts up the "you gotta play them immediately!" crowd.  sitting certainly Worked for Goff, Jimmy G,  and mahomes. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    As for Baker... I'm ready. And from his look in the sideline shots of him... so is he.

    A little surprised you are already calling for Baker, Tour.

    For me I don’t know if I’m ready, the offense has looked pitiful so far but I think it’s more scheme then Tyrods play. 

    @columbusking said:

    A little surprised you are already calling for Baker, Tour.

    For me I don’t know if I’m ready, the offense has looked pitiful so far but I think it’s more scheme then Tyrods play. 

    You and me both, but here I am. I saw in Preseason Game 4 that Baker's command of the O is way ahead of where I thought he'd be.

    His arm and touch and ocket awareness are all superior to TT's and he's shown he will run smart when he runs... something TT did not do a couple times Sunday.

    Then there's the "it" factor. Baker has it... TT doesn't. Plus I think the kid's psyche is bulletproof. Even if things go badly, I think he can handle it.

    Lastly... our OL looked functional Sunday. Good enough to give Baker a chance.

  • Tyrod took the bills to the playoffs last year also while getting benched for Nathan peterman for a game. 

    Cmon man. I think he’s got some “it” factor after bouncing back from and int to throw a perfect strike to Callaway. 

    Baker is good and probably better then TT, and he’s gonna get his chance. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    "IF" maybe the BROWNS had a half decent kicker, beat pizzburgh game 1 and were 2-0 right now the can hue and play Baker now talk would be a whole lot quieter. 

    A freaking kicker, hmmmmm. Oh well......

    The Browns are a competent kicker away from the Browns being 2-0 and averaging 23.5 points a game. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    The Browns are a competent kicker away from the Browns being 2-0 and averaging 23.5 points a game. 

    And remember that they are still a rebuilding team coming off of a miserable 1-31 and 0-16 season(s), patience guys still a PK, WR help and a few pieces from a AFCN competing team.

    GO BROWNS 2019! 0-1-1 isn't going to make 2018 look so good......even though we know that they are improving. 

  • Many of us, if not ALL of us, were terrified of our special teams before the season started.  We were awful last year, we brought in a new coach who NEVER appeared to have good special teams, and guess what?  We're awful again.  Tyrod can win you a fair amount of games, he's shown that over his career.  But he can only DO THAT if he has competent special teams.  Every FG counts with Tyrod, every point matters, every yard of field position.  Tyrod isn't going to win in a blowout fashion, it's just NOT going to happen.  Since we DON'T have good special teams, we're either going to have to be content with losing a bunch of games (if not ALL of them...again), or put Baker into the game in hopes that he's somehow ready to go.  No matter what, he's still a rookie.  He's GOING to make rookie mistakes.  Can he score enough points to overcome that?  Don't know.  I'd seriously DOUBT it.  Has it happened before in the NFL?  Sure, I can think of a few instances.  Has it happened FOR US?  

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

  • "Somehow ready"? I don't see him getting readier watching from the sidelines. But we won't know until we try...

    Speaking of STs... weren't you among those decrying our ST Coach, Chris Tabor last year? The Bears STs looked pretty good didn't they?

    Be careful what you wish for.

  • "Somehow ready"? I don't see him getting readier watching from the sidelines. But we won't know until we try...

    Speaking of STs... weren't you among those decrying our ST Coach, Chris Tabor last year? The Bears STs looked pretty good didn't they?

    Be careful what you wish for.

    @tour2ma said:

    "Somehow ready"? I don't see him getting readier watching from the sidelines. But we won't know until we try...

    Speaking of STs... weren't you among those decrying our ST Coach, Chris Tabor last year? The Bears STs looked pretty good didn't they?

    Be careful what you wish for.

    I don't know many fans who didn't want Tabor gone, do you?  His unit was completely out of its depth, and we lost a number of games due to special teams failure.  How much was his fault?  It's really tough to say.  Obviously he didn't have the best talent, but still...we were BAD, ya know?

    I think the hardest pill to swallow was bringing in a guy who wasn't KNOWN for good special teams.  

  • @tour2ma said:

    "Somehow ready"? I don't see him getting readier watching from the sidelines. But we won't know until we try...

    Speaking of STs... weren't you among those decrying our ST Coach, Chris Tabor last year? The Bears STs looked pretty good didn't they?

    Be careful what you wish for.

    I don't know many fans who didn't want Tabor gone, do you?  His unit was completely out of its depth, and we lost a number of games due to special teams failure.  How much was his fault?  It's really tough to say.  Obviously he didn't have the best talent, but still...we were BAD, ya know?

    I think the hardest pill to swallow was bringing in a guy who wasn't KNOWN for good special teams.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I think the hardest pill to swallow was bringing in a guy who wasn't KNOWN for good special teams.  

    And still isn't.

  • People really think we wont win this year???

    Honestly...it has to be fake.  We will win and suprise a few of you.  

    Enjoy being depressed and anxious all the time?  It is only a game.  

    Its time this board unclenched

  • People really think we wont win this year???

    Honestly...it has to be fake.  We will win and suprise a few of you.  

    Enjoy being depressed and anxious all the time?  It is only a game.  

    Its time this board unclenched

    @kvoethe said:

    People really think we wont win this year???

    Honestly...it has to be fake.  We will win and suprise a few of you.  

    Enjoy being depressed and anxious all the time?  It is only a game.  

    Its time this board unclenched

    I believe we will win several games this year including tomorrow night.

  • @kvoethe said:

    People really think we wont win this year???

    Honestly...it has to be fake.  We will win and suprise a few of you.  

    Enjoy being depressed and anxious all the time?  It is only a game.  

    Its time this board unclenched

    I believe we will win several games this year including tomorrow night.

    @mark-o said:

    I believe we will win several games this year including tomorrow night.

    Same here, I hate moral victories but the Browns went toe to toe against 2 perennial playoff teams.

    I expect a victory against the Jets.

  • @tour2ma said:

    "Somehow ready"? I don't see him getting readier watching from the sidelines. But we won't know until we try...

    Speaking of STs... weren't you among those decrying our ST Coach, Chris Tabor last year? The Bears STs looked pretty good didn't they?

    Be careful what you wish for.

    I don't know many fans who didn't want Tabor gone, do you?  His unit was completely out of its depth, and we lost a number of games due to special teams failure.  How much was his fault?  It's really tough to say.  Obviously he didn't have the best talent, but still...we were BAD, ya know?

    I think the hardest pill to swallow was bringing in a guy who wasn't KNOWN for good special teams.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I don't know many fans who didn't want Tabor gone, do you?

    I know of one...

  • Tour, as I recall, DID want to keep Tabor. Admittedly, I was one who wanted him gone, something I am now regretting.

    Mike

  • Tour, as I recall, DID want to keep Tabor. Admittedly, I was one who wanted him gone, something I am now regretting.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Tour, as I recall, DID want to keep Tabor. Admittedly, I was one who wanted him gone, something I am now regretting.

    Mike

    Famous Amos Jones was born on New Years Eve & were still waiting on the fireworks show?(ba dum bah)..if dorsey rubs a few more nickle's together I'd call Jack del Rio,John Fox,Mike Smith or Mike Mularkey about a ST job.. Chris Tabor outlasted the Shurmur,Chud,Petine era,but failed (more liked bailed) on the Hue era..

  • Tour, as I recall, DID want to keep Tabor. Admittedly, I was one who wanted him gone, something I am now regretting.

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    Tour, as I recall, DID want to keep Tabor. Admittedly, I was one who wanted him gone, something I am now regretting.

    Mike

    Comes under the category of be careful what you wish for. Replacement chosen by these idiots was far worse. 

    That being said, I'm wishing for a change again Mike. This guy sucks. Hard to find worse now.