Skip to content

Browns sign kicker

The Browns Board
89 27 1.9k 1
  • I was there.  I was at the Saints game.  It provides a totally different perspective.  When the game was 12-3, you just KNEW the game was over.  It's difficult to explain, but trust me, everyone felt it.  

    I want to be wrong, of course I surely do.  I'd love nothing more to watch a quality football team.  But something snapped inside after watching the Saints game unfold exactly like I knew it would.  All I could do was hysterically laugh until I couldn't breathe anymore.  I'll tell you this:  The ONLY way the Browns will win a game is if EVERY SINGLE thing goes our way, and we get the magical, elusive "unicorn game".  The one where the defense causes a fumble, but instead of falling on it and giving the anemic offense a chance to score, the ball pops right into a running defender's hands, and he runs into the end zone.  The one where we get a special teams touchdown (stop laughing), off a blocked punt or blocked FG.  The game where a deflected pass lands right into a guy's hands, and he actually runs all the way back to score.  

    We simply will NOT win a game if it's close and we need to win by making a play late in the game.  We've proven that.  If you need my proof, I have 34 games worth to show you.  In fact, our ONLY "win" came in a game where San Diego's kicker missed a kick, and then got the other one blocked.  We SHOULD have lost THAT one.  

    Maybe we'll blow the Jets out.  Perhaps everything WILL go our way.  Heck, it's about TIME, isn't it?  But I wouldn't hold your breath.  Just know that right now, at this particular moment, our team isn't winning a close game.  We're going to need a 20 point lead with 2 minutes to go, and then and only then...will we win.  

    Prove me wrong, Browns. Oh, and I don't suggest you look at our injury report.  It's not pretty.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I was there.  I was at the Saints game.  It provides a totally different perspective.  When the game was 12-3, you just KNEW the game was over.  It's difficult to explain, but trust me, everyone felt it.  

    I want to be wrong, of course I surely do.  I'd love nothing more to watch a quality football team.  But something snapped inside after watching the Saints game unfold exactly like I knew it would.  All I could do was hysterically laugh until I couldn't breathe anymore.  I'll tell you this:  The ONLY way the Browns will win a game is if EVERY SINGLE thing goes our way, and we get the magical, elusive "unicorn game".  The one where the defense causes a fumble, but instead of falling on it and giving the anemic offense a chance to score, the ball pops right into a running defender's hands, and he runs into the end zone.  The one where we get a special teams touchdown (stop laughing), off a blocked punt or blocked FG.  The game where a deflected pass lands right into a guy's hands, and he actually runs all the way back to score.  

    We simply will NOT win a game if it's close and we need to win by making a play late in the game.  We've proven that.  If you need my proof, I have 34 games worth to show you.  In fact, our ONLY "win" came in a game where San Diego's kicker missed a kick, and then got the other one blocked.  We SHOULD have lost THAT one.  

    Maybe we'll blow the Jets out.  Perhaps everything WILL go our way.  Heck, it's about TIME, isn't it?  But I wouldn't hold your breath.  Just know that right now, at this particular moment, our team isn't winning a close game.  We're going to need a 20 point lead with 2 minutes to go, and then and only then...will we win.  

    Prove me wrong, Browns. Oh, and I don't suggest you look at our injury report.  It's not pretty.  

    I think our first win will be via blowout. And it will be tomorrow. Gregg Williams has enough horses to beat a rookie QB at home.

    Our time has come.

    Z

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I was there.  I was at the Saints game.  It provides a totally different perspective.  When the game was 12-3, you just KNEW the game was over.  It's difficult to explain, but trust me, everyone felt it.  

    I want to be wrong, of course I surely do.  I'd love nothing more to watch a quality football team.  But something snapped inside after watching the Saints game unfold exactly like I knew it would.  All I could do was hysterically laugh until I couldn't breathe anymore.  I'll tell you this:  The ONLY way the Browns will win a game is if EVERY SINGLE thing goes our way, and we get the magical, elusive "unicorn game".  The one where the defense causes a fumble, but instead of falling on it and giving the anemic offense a chance to score, the ball pops right into a running defender's hands, and he runs into the end zone.  The one where we get a special teams touchdown (stop laughing), off a blocked punt or blocked FG.  The game where a deflected pass lands right into a guy's hands, and he actually runs all the way back to score.  

    We simply will NOT win a game if it's close and we need to win by making a play late in the game.  We've proven that.  If you need my proof, I have 34 games worth to show you.  In fact, our ONLY "win" came in a game where San Diego's kicker missed a kick, and then got the other one blocked.  We SHOULD have lost THAT one.  

    Maybe we'll blow the Jets out.  Perhaps everything WILL go our way.  Heck, it's about TIME, isn't it?  But I wouldn't hold your breath.  Just know that right now, at this particular moment, our team isn't winning a close game.  We're going to need a 20 point lead with 2 minutes to go, and then and only then...will we win.  

    Prove me wrong, Browns. Oh, and I don't suggest you look at our injury report.  It's not pretty.  

    I think our first win will be via blowout. And it will be tomorrow. Gregg Williams has enough horses to beat a rookie QB at home.

    Our time has come.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I think our first win will be via blowout. And it will be tomorrow. Gregg Williams has enough horses to beat a rookie QB at home.

    Our time has come.

    Z

    All kidding aside, I really DO think our first victory WILL be a blowout.  Almost like the damn bursting, ya know?  Years of futility building up and then finally exploding with a fountain of points.  When will that happen?  Beats me.  But that's how I envision it, anyway.

  • Zombo said:

    I think our first win will be via blowout. And it will be tomorrow. Gregg Williams has enough horses to beat a rookie QB at home.

    Our time has come.

    Z

    All kidding aside, I really DO think our first victory WILL be a blowout.  Almost like the damn bursting, ya know?  Years of futility building up and then finally exploding with a fountain of points.  When will that happen?  Beats me.  But that's how I envision it, anyway.

    @jiggins7919 said:

    All kidding aside, I really DO think our first victory WILL be a blowout.  Almost like the damn bursting, ya know?  Years of futility building up and then finally exploding with a fountain of points.  When will that happen?  Beats me.  But that's how I envision it, anyway.

    it wont happen till the browns start playing browns football. Thats not a generic phrase. This team proves they can win and be electric when they go back to.cleveland fukking browns football. But both sides of the ball have to do it. The last time the offense got it right the walrusShmuck came in and sht all over it. 

  • This guy has NO idea what he just signed up for.  Like...none.  

    You guys remember when we signed Cody Parkey a year or two ago, and literally the day after he signed with us he had an opportunity to literally WIN THE GAME for us, which of course he completely shanked because...Browns (duh).  I'd be willing to bet that this game tomorrow will come down to a kick, and if that happens, I recommend turning the tv off, and reading a book.  It literally makes too much sense NOT to happen.  I haven't seen the weather report, but I don't think that really matters.  If the game comes down to a kick, and you can bet your bottom dollar that it will literally have no chance to go in.  It's just the way it goes.  

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I haven't seen the weather report

    Going to be a gorgeous evening...

    Screenshot_2018-09-19 NFLWeather com.png

  • For the love of everything holy, I sincerely hope we get a well-deserved win tomorrow night.

    If not, I might have to stay off this board for a few days, because it will get ugly. 

  • For the love of everything holy, I sincerely hope we get a well-deserved win tomorrow night.

    If not, I might have to stay off this board for a few days, because it will get ugly. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    For the love of everything holy, I sincerely hope we get a well-deserved win tomorrow night.

    If not, I might have to stay off this board for a few days, because it will get ugly. 

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For the love of everything holy, I sincerely hope we get a well-deserved win tomorrow night.

    If not, I might have to stay off this board for a few days, because it will get ugly. 

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    @poeticg said:

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    The Browns will win tomorrow night.... book it. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For the love of everything holy, I sincerely hope we get a well-deserved win tomorrow night.

    If not, I might have to stay off this board for a few days, because it will get ugly. 

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    @poeticg said:

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    You could lose a lot of money on that statement, guesssing more than one would be happy to take some of your money on this one. 

  • The Browns are destined to be 1-1-1 after their first three games. Then history will be made the rest of

    the season.14-1-1 would be good....🙄

  • @poeticg said:

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    The Browns will win tomorrow night.... book it. 

    @d-bone said:

    The Browns will win tomorrow night.... book it. 

    Gotta love a good "book it".

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For the love of everything holy, I sincerely hope we get a well-deserved win tomorrow night.

    If not, I might have to stay off this board for a few days, because it will get ugly. 

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    @poeticg said:

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    Record wise, maybe. I still vote Pat Shure-loss. Do you know how impossible that will be? You'll get your wish long before that, Hue will be gone. Have your #10 Gordon Patriots Jersey yet?

    @tour2ma said:

    Gotta love a good "book it".

    I even took the Browns in the survivor pool. The guys can't even blame my wife aka "The Curse" she didn't make the trip and anyway, she's 2-1 against the Jets.

  • @poeticg said:

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    Record wise, maybe. I still vote Pat Shure-loss. Do you know how impossible that will be? You'll get your wish long before that, Hue will be gone. Have your #10 Gordon Patriots Jersey yet?

    @tour2ma said:

    Gotta love a good "book it".

    I even took the Browns in the survivor pool. The guys can't even blame my wife aka "The Curse" she didn't make the trip and anyway, she's 2-1 against the Jets.

    @hoorta said:

    I even took the Browns in the survivor pool

    Same here. In all of the years I've been playing Survival, I have never picked against the Browns, but I have also never picked them either..... until now that is. 

    1-1-1 Baby! 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For the love of everything holy, I sincerely hope we get a well-deserved win tomorrow night.

    If not, I might have to stay off this board for a few days, because it will get ugly. 

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    @poeticg said:

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    So, so butthurt. 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    I haven't seen the weather report

    Going to be a gorgeous evening...

    Screenshot_2018-09-19 NFLWeather com.png

    @tour2ma said:

    Going to be a gorgeous evening...

    Screenshot_2018-09-19 NFLWeather com.png

    OK....now THIS makes me happy. 

    It's funny, I just listened to Jim Donovan and he echoed many of the things I've said about the Saints game. Especially that there was a sense of tightness around the game, especially at the end. I'm telling you guys, you could FEEL the loss coming. The Saints scored after that awful 3rd down illegal contact penalty, and when it was 12-10, the QB we thought wouldn't turn it over throws a miserable pick. 

    But....then we got the miracle touchdown bomb and for 20 seconds you almost thought it would be different. But then we shanked the extra point and then you KNEW things were the same. We MUST find a way to overcome those feelings. Suggestion? 

    Beat the ever living CRAP out of the Jets. Just blow them out. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For the love of everything holy, I sincerely hope we get a well-deserved win tomorrow night.

    If not, I might have to stay off this board for a few days, because it will get ugly. 

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    @poeticg said:

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    The two of you then are made for each other.   Worst coach, worst fan.

  • @canton-dawg said:

    By spelling I was referring to the masculine and feminine nouns.

    I guess I don’t quite get the gender assignments of the language.

    For example a masculine noun usually ends with an “o” and a feminine noun ends with an “a”.

    They must be sexists to not allow both sexes to use the same form of language.  Right? 😛

    @the-gipper said:

    They must be sexists to not allow both sexes to use the same form of language.  Right? 😛

    All women are sexists. I've never been able to understand them no matter what language they speak.?

  • FWIW, as I work at FAU I'm actually a friend of a friend of our new kicker. Really nice guy and I'm rooting for him hard tonight to now blow it. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For the love of everything holy, I sincerely hope we get a well-deserved win tomorrow night.

    If not, I might have to stay off this board for a few days, because it will get ugly. 

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    @poeticg said:

    Not a chance in hell that we win a game this year. Hue will make SURE of it, of that much I'm sure. Worst HC ever.

    @d-bone said:

    The Browns will win tomorrow night.... book it. 

    ........................... just because I can.  

  • If Tie-rod hadn't gotten hurt, we lose. It had nothing to do with Hue Jackoff. Baker Mayfield and the Dawg Pound "WILLED" them to victory. Hue nearly cost us the game.

  • If Tie-rod hadn't gotten hurt, we lose. It had nothing to do with Hue Jackoff. Baker Mayfield and the Dawg Pound "WILLED" them to victory. Hue nearly cost us the game.

    @poeticg said:

    If Tie-rod hadn't gotten hurt, we lose. It had nothing to do with Hue Jackoff. Baker Mayfield and the Dawg Pound "WILLED" them to victory. Hue nearly cost us the game.

    ..... so you're saying there was a chance in hell after all?