Skip to content

Browns vs. Jets Short week Trivia

The Browns Board
20 5 409
  • From what I can find, Belichick was hired as the HC of the Jets, and resigned the next day. 

  • I'm there with Zombo's answers except one on MNF #1, I was 19 in college at YSU watching the game at Tony's Hideaway.

    .  The Browns and the Jets played each other in the very first Monday Night Football Game.  Some questions on this:

    A. Who were the opposing QBs to play in that game?

    Namath and Nelson

    B. Who were the three announcers in the booth for that game?

    Keith Jackson , Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford <---- not Keith Jackson I think it was Dandy Don.  (Oh and what a crowd at the Ol' Muni).

    C. Where was it played and who won?

    Cleveland, Browns won

    D. Who ran back a kickoff return for a TD for the Browns?

    Homer Jones

    E. Who ran back an interception for a TD for the Browns?

    Billy Andrews

  • Remember Josh McCown was a Pro Bowl alternate last year. Worth mentioning for the odd-ball trivia.

  • Remember Josh McCown was a Pro Bowl alternate last year. Worth mentioning for the odd-ball trivia.

    @columbusking said:

    Remember Josh McCown was a Pro Bowl alternate last year. Worth mentioning for the odd-ball trivia.

    Yeah a lot of players don't really care if they are pro bowl picked like in years past.  

  • I'm there with Zombo's answers except one on MNF #1, I was 19 in college at YSU watching the game at Tony's Hideaway.

    .  The Browns and the Jets played each other in the very first Monday Night Football Game.  Some questions on this:

    A. Who were the opposing QBs to play in that game?

    Namath and Nelson

    B. Who were the three announcers in the booth for that game?

    Keith Jackson , Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford <---- not Keith Jackson I think it was Dandy Don.  (Oh and what a crowd at the Ol' Muni).

    C. Where was it played and who won?

    Cleveland, Browns won

    D. Who ran back a kickoff return for a TD for the Browns?

    Homer Jones

    E. Who ran back an interception for a TD for the Browns?

    Billy Andrews

    @mjp28 said:

    I'm there with Zombo's answers except one on MNF #1, I was 19 in college at YSU watching the game at Tony's Hideaway.

    .  The Browns and the Jets played each other in the very first Monday Night Football Game.  Some questions on this:

    A. Who were the opposing QBs to play in that game?

    Namath and Nelson

    B. Who were the three announcers in the booth for that game?

    Keith Jackson , Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford <---- not Keith Jackson I think it was Dandy Don.  (Oh and what a crowd at the Ol' Muni).

    C. Where was it played and who won?

    Cleveland, Browns won

    D. Who ran back a kickoff return for a TD for the Browns?

    Homer Jones

    E. Who ran back an interception for a TD for the Browns?

    Billy Andrews

    No...it was Keith Jackson......it was NOT  Frank Gifford.

  • Remember Josh McCown was a Pro Bowl alternate last year. Worth mentioning for the odd-ball trivia.

    @columbusking said:

    Remember Josh McCown was a Pro Bowl alternate last year. Worth mentioning for the odd-ball trivia.

    Yes, that was the question that was answered.  McCown made Pro Bowl.

  • @mjp28 said:

    I'm there with Zombo's answers except one on MNF #1, I was 19 in college at YSU watching the game at Tony's Hideaway.

    .  The Browns and the Jets played each other in the very first Monday Night Football Game.  Some questions on this:

    A. Who were the opposing QBs to play in that game?

    Namath and Nelson

    B. Who were the three announcers in the booth for that game?

    Keith Jackson , Howard Cosell, Frank Gifford <---- not Keith Jackson I think it was Dandy Don.  (Oh and what a crowd at the Ol' Muni).

    C. Where was it played and who won?

    Cleveland, Browns won

    D. Who ran back a kickoff return for a TD for the Browns?

    Homer Jones

    E. Who ran back an interception for a TD for the Browns?

    Billy Andrews

    No...it was Keith Jackson......it was NOT  Frank Gifford.

    @the-gipper said:

    No...it was Keith Jackson......it was NOT  Frank Gifford.

    Geeezzzz I thought Gifford was the always there guy, so Cosell, Don Merideth, Keith Jackson. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    No...it was Keith Jackson......it was NOT  Frank Gifford.

    Geeezzzz I thought Gifford was the always there guy, so Cosell, Don Merideth, Keith Jackson. 

    @mjp28 said:

    Geeezzzz I thought Gifford was the always there guy, so Cosell, Don Merideth, Keith Jackson. 

    For the third time.   yes.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Geeezzzz I thought Gifford was the always there guy, so Cosell, Don Merideth, Keith Jackson. 

    For the third time.   yes.

    @the-gipper said:

    For the third time.   yes.

    Just wanted to make sure incase it comes up again.....amazing what little details slip a bit over 48 years or so.

    oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg

  • This is a short week so I will be going with a short set of trivia questions on the Browns vs. Jets.    See what you can do with these:

    Put it to bed.  Here are the answers:

    1. What is the all time head to head record,   Browns vs. Jets?

    They are 12-12  in the regular season........and Browns won the only  postseason game 

    2. What person was head coach of both the Browns and the Jets?

    Eric Mangini......unless you also include Belichick.

    3. What 2 QBs that have lead the Jets in passing in a year also played for the Browns?

    Vinny Testaverde, and Josh McCown

    4. What player that lead the Jets in receiving in a year also played for the Browns?

    Braylon Edwards

    5. What  2 players who made the Pro Bowl as members of the Jets also played for the Browns?

    Tom Tupa  P/QB  and Testaverde.    Someone said that McCown also made the Pro Bowl with the Jets?   I did not find that in my research.

    6. Why/How did the Jets get their name?

    When they moved to Shea Stadium (under new ownership),  it was right under the flight path of planes leaving LaGurdia airport, ...and the new owner wanted a more up to date name, so they became the Jets  (originally Titans)

    7. The Jets current owner is not now operating his team, but has turned over operations to his brother.  Why has he done this?

    Woody Johnson was appointed the American Ambassador to the UK by the current administration.

    8.  The Browns and the Jets played each other in the very first Monday Night Football Game.  Some questions on this:

    A. Who were the opposing QBs to play in that game?  Joe Namath and Bill Nelsen

    B. Who were the three announcers in the booth for that game?  Cosell, Meredith, Keith Jackson

    C. Where was it played and who won? Cleveland Municipal Stadium, won by Browns 31-21

    D. Who ran back a kickoff return for a TD for the Browns?  Homer Jones

    E. Who ran back an interception for a TD for the Browns?  Billy Andrews