Skip to content

***Official Browns Vs. New York Jets Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

The Browns Board
278 46 8.2k 1
  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    It's the first time we've been favored at home since 2015 against the 49's. Yo. 

    The Jets' coach, Todd Bowles, is 3-0 against the Browns. Yo. 

    The last rookie QBs we played against are Mitch Trubisky, Deshawn Watson, Carson Wentz, and I think I'm missing a few. The problem with the three I listed is we passed on all 3, which makes it all the more painful, lol. 

    The Jets are much healthier than us. I believe they have everyone playing but a starting TE and a starting safety. I could be wrong. However, the backup safety has been torched in limited action, so possibly we can take advantage. Browns will definitely be without Ogbah, Devalve (of course), and probably Kirskey. I also don't expect Randall to play, but we still don't know. I expect Landry to play. 

    This is probably the earliest "must win" I can remember. It's a must win because we're favored, it's at home, and it's nationally televised. Also, we NEED to get that first win. There's a chance that once we finally get that W, we might start expecting to WIN close games, instead of the opposite. I firmly believe so much of our losing is mental. 

    If I had to guess, the Browns rank last in the league in first quarter points. I've done zero research, but I think we've only scored 3 points in the first quarter. Hard to imagine someone scoring less. If we're going to win, we need to score a TOUCHDOWN early and really put some pressure on the kid Darnold. We give him a lead and he can just play safe football, we're in trouble. 

    Let's go GET the win. Don't wait until the last minute, go and GET IT. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Based on the past repressive behavior of the Browns,  I can only ask:     What creative way will they come up with to lose this game?

    On the other hand we could say:  they have exhausted all of the creative ways to lose a game, now come up with some ways to win a game.

    How about they hammer the shite out of their opponent and win a game by like  42-10.

    That would be one way.

    Fair to say?

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    I don't trust our offense enough yet to get more than 28 and I don't trust a new questionable kicker (what was wrong with Bailey anyway?) to get all 4 XPs let alone any FGs.

    Browns finally break through 27-20.

  • @nero said:

    Browns win 21-19. 

    Just enough to take a much needed W...

    Just enough to make all those Browns Survivor bettors take a strike 🙂

    Ummmm... points aren't part of Survivor.... only are in Pick'em.

    Meanwhile back at Rod Stewart...

    Tonight's the night
    It's gonna be alright
    'Cause (We) love (our Browns)
    Ain't nobody gonna stop us now...
    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @tour2ma said:

    Meanwhile back at Rod Stewart...

    Right now I'd take 1 "hot leg" kicker😉..Now back to Gameday fantasy football.. This should be a low scoring defensive slug fest. A angry Crow coming back to a place with few touches will have to be shut-out early & often.Seeing McCown would not be a surprise in this game when Williams sends deers into Darnolds headlights..The 12th man in our house should be enough for the win.Add Tyrod playing the safe passing game & his chunk running plays..Browns 17-13..   

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I dislike Jim Rome....but as one of his radio segments on 92.3 today he said something like, "C'mon Browns!  No more shanked PAT's, no more Ties, no more losses.  You're the better team.  Now go out and prove it!

    Nice thought.  Certainly hits home.  But we're counting on a gimpy Landry...a 2nd year guy...and rookies at WR.  It typically takes time for WR's to adjust to the NFL game of good & fast DB's.  - and I'm not one of those that thinks Duke should play slot receiver.  But he's good if a LB'er has to cover him.

    Go Browns!!  Don't let yourselves get beat by the guy that some of us wanted to draft.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I'd love to see us win...whatever that is. Thursday night football has been a bit odd over time though so I'm gonna go off... Browns 2 Jets 2. Defensive struggle or a yawner?

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #14

    I've been really angry... It's time to refocus and take it out on Ronald McDarnold and Igaya Crowfell. 

    The Browns are not as strong on paper as they were a week ago... but these Jet bitches are gonna come here and find a real life house of horrors. Welcome to the Hall of Pain... 

    Cleveland 33 - Jets 17

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Poe is back and did not make the InActive List?..Out-Stanton,Streater,Kirksey,DeValve,Ogbah,Odenigo,D.Lawrence..

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
    #16

    Jets 23 Browns 19

    Hue messes up the clock and is forced to punt with 8 seconds left

    Browns lose on a punt return with no time left on the clock

    Browns will not win until Hue is not the coach

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #17

    If it’s a close game we will lose because that’s what Hue Jackson is best at. 

    Get in front early for a blowout win is our only hope

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #18

    r/ nflstreams for those who wanna watch

    Hd 

  • If it’s a close game we will lose because that’s what Hue Jackson is best at. 

    Get in front early for a blowout win is our only hope

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @londonbrown said:

    If it’s a close game we will lose because that’s what Hue Jackson is best at. 

    Get in front early for a blowout win is our only hope

    I agree.  Hue is at his worst when the game calls for a good head coach

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #20

    FUK THE jets

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #21

    from jets ourlads to jets inactives..Jets are missing their Starting FS-Maye/Starting OLB-Josh Martin/ Back-up to LDE  L.Williams=Foley Fatukiski & Back-up LG to any guard Dakota Dozier..

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #22

    We are going to expose Darnold and show the NFL just why we took Mighty Mouse over this goofy moose. 

    7 sacks, 3 INTs and 1 body bag - Blood Moon!!! 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Horrible start.  

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #24

    The field could be in better shape.  

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Our offense sucks

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I cant for the nfl to admit they missed that pass interferance! 

  • JohnnycakeRidgeJ JohnnycakeRidge wrote on last edited by
    #27

    For some reason TT is being asked to be Peyton Manning.  That's a big ask, Coach.

    1 running play in 2 possessions, not counting TT's scramble/run.