***Official Browns Vs. New York Jets Thursday Night Football Game Thread***
-
I did not know cal was at the game...
Browns fan catches possum roaming the stands at FirstEnergy Stadium
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/browns_fan_catches_possum_roam.html
I did not know cal was at the game...
Browns fan catches possum roaming the stands at FirstEnergy Stadium
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/browns_fan_catches_possum_roam.html
And we call Steelers fans dumb? Bet that guy didn't know possums have razor sharp teeth and can inflict serious damage if they decide to bite you. Saw a clip on Animal Planet where an exterminator had to remove one from a lady's house- and he was wearing Kevlar gauntlets when he grabbed it.
-
-
I don't think TT's "limitations" showed... he simply has not played well for us. Again... I can only think of one series vs. NOLA where he was sharp. He played much better in BUF last year. Hell... he played better in our preseason, but 5 for 5 in the opener seems like long ago.
Regardless... Tyrod is now the most expensive back-up in the league.
Fraud? Really, nickers? Does casting dispersion make you feel better?
Hmmm Tour- just thought of this- what would Hue have done if Tyrod hadn't gotten hurt? Down by 14 it was looking mighty bleak. Ride his lame horse with him off into the sunset?
Don't forget Taylor in the past couple games had two horribly underthrown deep balls- that would have been touchdowns if they were on target. Last week the int to Gordon, and this week Calloway had his guy seriously beat and Taylor underthrew him by at least 5 yards.
Now comparisons. the few times Tyrod recognized he had a guy open, the passes were uncatchable. Well into the second quarter we had negative passing yards- that's beyond putrid. 4\14 for 19 yards. Mayfield would have been 20\23 if not for some drops, including a very uncharacteristic one to Landry that hit him right between the 8 and 0.
Not buying the Jets weren't ready for Baker- you have to prepare for that contingency. Those were the same guys catching passes for the Browns, and amazing what happens when the ball gets out in a hurry and on target. Everything I liked about Mayfield pre draft was on full display. Dan Orlovsky commented how hard it had to be getting zero first team reps, and then come out and put on a performance like that. Nah- not ready to put Baker in Canton yet, but the initial game was encouraging. BTW PFF said Baker's first game graded out the highest since they've been keeping track of such things.
Hmmm Tour- just thought of this- what would Hue have done if Tyrod hadn't gotten hurt?
I only know that I am relieved we did not have to find out.
Best guess? Hue rides TT into at least one, maybe two, series in the 2nd half... leaving no time for a comeback.
Then he "has to review the tape"...
-
I did not know cal was at the game...
Browns fan catches possum roaming the stands at FirstEnergy Stadium
https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/09/browns_fan_catches_possum_roam.html
For some reason I pictured Cal as being a tad older...?
For some reason I pictured Cal as being a tad older...?
no, I look pretty young. I'm known for looking younger - I usually use the joke about what my secret is -
"I'm chronically immature"....
neither guy is me - although I have carried a real big snapping turtle by the tail once. Risky stuff.
-
For some reason I pictured Cal as being a tad older...?
no, I look pretty young. I'm known for looking younger - I usually use the joke about what my secret is -
"I'm chronically immature"....
neither guy is me - although I have carried a real big snapping turtle by the tail once. Risky stuff.
neither guy is me
Pretty sure I knew that...

Seems to me in the 2nd half, they seemed to hold the edge. 1st half they were killing them on the runs to the edge. I was yelling just hold it. 2nd half they seemed to hold it pretty well. Especially the left on the D.
So are you sating we made a "halftime adjustment"? ?
-
Opossums live in trees. Featherless ratbirds lurk under seats.
-
For some reason I pictured Cal as being a tad older...?
no, I look pretty young. I'm known for looking younger - I usually use the joke about what my secret is -
"I'm chronically immature"....
neither guy is me - although I have carried a real big snapping turtle by the tail once. Risky stuff.
-
So what does snapping turtle soup taste like??
Just like regular turtle soup, except with more of a bite.
-
As a side note...the Browns are undefeated without Josh Gordon.
-
So what does snapping turtle soup taste like??
Just like regular turtle soup, except with more of a bite.
Just like regular turtle soup, except with more of a bite.
yep. Now I can go into the kitchen and drink some coffee, or it would have been all over my keyboard. LOL LOL
Never tried turtle soup. It's on my agenda one of these days - but that time I got that big one by the tail, the ladies at our garage sale said to let it go, so, I walked it over to the creek.
Few years ago, we were in West Munroe, LA - at Willie's restaurant (Duck Dynasty - Robertsons) and I wanted to order alligator, but it was out of season.
-
Just like regular turtle soup, except with more of a bite.
yep. Now I can go into the kitchen and drink some coffee, or it would have been all over my keyboard. LOL LOL
Never tried turtle soup. It's on my agenda one of these days - but that time I got that big one by the tail, the ladies at our garage sale said to let it go, so, I walked it over to the creek.
Few years ago, we were in West Munroe, LA - at Willie's restaurant (Duck Dynasty - Robertsons) and I wanted to order alligator, but it was out of season.
-
-
Gator is good... and it truly tastes like chicken. Rattlesnake is better.
And turtle soup... finished with a splash of Sherry... is awesome.
Gator is good... and it truly tastes like chicken. Rattlesnake is better.
And turtle soup... finished with a splash of Sherry... is awesome.
I've had turtle soup that was made old skool. Almost like a hunters stew. And it's true about turtle having seven different meats to it. I don't know Sherry but Suzy served mine with warm buns. Good stuff!
-
Gator is good... and it truly tastes like chicken. Rattlesnake is better.
And turtle soup... finished with a splash of Sherry... is awesome.
I've had turtle soup that was made old skool. Almost like a hunters stew. And it's true about turtle having seven different meats to it. I don't know Sherry but Suzy served mine with warm buns. Good stuff!
I've had turtle soup that was made old skool. Almost like a hunters stew. And it's true about turtle having seven different meats to it. I don't know Sherry but Suzy served mine with warm buns. Good stuff!
So where exactly on Susy's warm buns did you eat it??
-
One last feel good story. Congrats Mr./Mrs.Carlos Hyde & Jr... https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/after-delivering-for-browns-carlos-hyde-helps-deliver-newborn-son (shall we group than pin* some of these good times treads for a short time?) I've enjoyed beating the browns drum all week, to anybody that wanted to listen or not
?(were back !!!)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
