Please FIRE HUE!
-
@british-browns-fan-everton said:
Everyone is right. Hue isn't the right manager. I dont know who is but when your at the bottom you need motivation as well as tactics. I wasn't inspired by his after match talk. He is a puppet to the owners. He is a yes man not a lets get things working man.
I think I will take a different view on this one. Hue does a lot individually behind the scenes with his players that shows up on the field. Just look at the respect that Landry showed when he accepted the game ball. Hue picked him out early as the Pro to lead this team in the locker room. And it is obvious that the young players see Jarvis exactly that way.
Hue is also doing a very good job of allowing his two former HCs to run those two phases of the game. That's really hard to do. You have to eat humble pie a lot to step out of the way and let them go do what they do best. That to me is what a really good manager does. You manage the people who do the job and step in only when absolutely necessary. Otherwise you just give them praise when they're getting the job done right.
I like him better this way than trying to do it all himself.
I think I will take a different view on this one. Hue does a lot individually behind the scenes with his players that shows up on the field. Just look at the respect that Landry showed when he accepted the game ball. Hue picked him out early as the Pro to lead this team in the locker room. And it is obvious that the young players see Jarvis exactly that way.
Hue is also doing a very good job of allowing his two former HCs to run those two phases of the game. That's really hard to do. You have to eat humble pie a lot to step out of the way and let them go do what they do best. That to me is what a really good manager does. You manage the people who do the job and step in only when absolutely necessary. Otherwise you just give them praise when they're getting the job done right.
I like him better this way than trying to do it all himself.
Perfectly stated Bill.
My analogy...A HC is the shoelace that ties it all together. The Coordinators are the shoes. You won't go far without shoes and, without laces, the shoes may fall off or slip & create blisters. Just my thought.
Mike
-
@british-browns-fan-everton said:
Everyone is right. Hue isn't the right manager. I dont know who is but when your at the bottom you need motivation as well as tactics. I wasn't inspired by his after match talk. He is a puppet to the owners. He is a yes man not a lets get things working man.
I think I will take a different view on this one. Hue does a lot individually behind the scenes with his players that shows up on the field. Just look at the respect that Landry showed when he accepted the game ball. Hue picked him out early as the Pro to lead this team in the locker room. And it is obvious that the young players see Jarvis exactly that way.
Hue is also doing a very good job of allowing his two former HCs to run those two phases of the game. That's really hard to do. You have to eat humble pie a lot to step out of the way and let them go do what they do best. That to me is what a really good manager does. You manage the people who do the job and step in only when absolutely necessary. Otherwise you just give them praise when they're getting the job done right.
I like him better this way than trying to do it all himself.
Hue is also doing a very good job of allowing his two former HCs to run those two phases of the game. That's really hard to do.
Except when your job depended on doing that.
Remember... he was told to hire an OC and QB Coach by the Big Bossman.
Williams was already autonomous on the D-side and he knew to leave Haley alone.
-
I'll say be careful with the OL. The Jets didn't bring the entire arsenal with him in the game. I can promise you Oakland will and get to him on several occasions. But I like what I'm seeing from Baker over TT. We're only 1 game behind the Bengals for 1st in the division, it's our for the taking.
what does oak have now to get after him?
what does oak have now to get after him?
About as much as the rest of the league, which is plenty. It doesn't take much to get through our OL. And to be honest, if they bring 6 or 7 or sneak the LB up, our QB will be in trouble. Like I said, I like what Baker has shown. Lets hope I'm wrong and we can keep him clean long enough to distribute the ball to our receivers.
-
Moron.
Maroon is also another way of saying Moron.. I learned this from My parents many years ago.
-
Lets hope Hue Doesn't decide to start Tyrod next game. With him you never know.
SI: Browns' Hue Jackson Has to 'Watch the Tape' Before Deciding Week 4 Starting Quarterback
SMH...
SI: Browns' Hue Jackson Has to 'Watch the Tape' Before Deciding Week 4 Starting Quarterback
SMH...
And when he watches the tape, the decision should be a no-brainer. Most guys said him deferring in the post-game presser that was just a polite way of not throwing Tyrod under the bus then and there. Don't forget- Taylor got benched in Buffalo too. He should be used to the idea by now. Had to know he needed to play at a high level to keep the starting gig. 4\14 and negative passing yards into the 2nd quarter isn't going to cut it.
-
They talked about this after the game, Hue is being deferential to his starter who was in the protocol at that very moment getting tests run on him.
-
This take is softer than baby crap. The team was built to lose the last 2 years. Hue obviously wasn’t helping matters by being OC and HC, but the front office probably preferred it that way anyway(at least Depodesta).
Things are different now, it’s the 3rd year that everyone made a big deal about back when Jimmy decided to hand the reigns to Depo. The FO was uncommonly open about it saying “this team won’t be ready to compete until year three” I still remember the fans and media saying “this is gonna take several years to work” and then the team lost even worse than what was expected, and everyone forgot that the plan set in place wasn’t about winning immediately. FFS the FO even came out and said “this year isn’t about winning”.
the Lawyer served his purpose and now all the painful stuff is over. What we’re left with is a young, affordable team with a good bit of NFL experience. A kickass defense, a solid offense lead by a QB who could be the answer cleveland has been waiting for, and now, after all that we want to give up on Hue?!
It’s put up or shut up time for Jackson, but He deserves the opportunity to put up now that the team is “ready to compete”.
-
I almost died laughing when Huey Cueball said, "I need to watch the tape". Wow, really...? What the hell? What a jackoff... How about this Q- You start Baker or you can pack your things.
You all can kiss his butt after winning 2 games in as many years, but after watching this guy struggle to coach his way out of a wet paper bag- it's going to take a lot more than one game. I saw a blatant mismanagement of the time clock just before halftime and that alone should be a fireable offence. What is he in charge of exactly? Who doesn't know that you call a timeout there before the 2 minute warning so you get an extra timeout. Thank GOD for Williams and Haley because Hue is in way over his head... and really, he always has been.
Hue, you either get on the Baker bus or we're leaving you in Oakland.
Here's my canned response Q- "We're going in a different direction".
-
I almost died laughing when Huey Cueball said, "I need to watch the tape". Wow, really...? What the hell? What a jackoff... How about this Q- You start Baker or you can pack your things.
You all can kiss his butt after winning 2 games in as many years, but after watching this guy struggle to coach his way out of a wet paper bag- it's going to take a lot more than one game. I saw a blatant mismanagement of the time clock just before halftime and that alone should be a fireable offence. What is he in charge of exactly? Who doesn't know that you call a timeout there before the 2 minute warning so you get an extra timeout. Thank GOD for Williams and Haley because Hue is in way over his head... and really, he always has been.
Hue, you either get on the Baker bus or we're leaving you in Oakland.
Here's my canned response Q- "We're going in a different direction".
I almost died laughing when Huey Cueball said, "I need to watch the tape". Wow, really...? What the hell? What a jackoff... How about this Q- You start Baker or you can pack your things.
You all can kiss his butt after winning 2 games in as many years, but after watching this guy struggle to coach his way out of a wet paper bag- it's going to take a lot more than one game. I saw a blatant mismanagement of the time clock just before halftime and that alone should be a fireable offence. What is he in charge of exactly? Who doesn't know that you call a timeout there before the 2 minute warning so you get an extra timeout. Thank GOD for Williams and Haley because Hue is in way over his head... and really, he always has been.
Hue, you either get on the Baker bus or we're leaving you in Oakland.
Here's my canned response Q- "We're going in a different direction".
Don’t get so worked up just because you can’t decipher garden variety safe-answer coach-speak....
Hue shouldn’t go through the media to replace his team captain QB. He will handle it as he should, in private, face to face. Don’t worry, Jackson knows he has to play Baker from here on out.
-
Lousy play calling...ie: fake kick with no kicker. Lousy clock manager. Lousy game manager plus lack of motivational abilities equal the anti Bill b. A good coach stands out and above the others. And you don't need to stick a light bulb in his mouth to find it out. Hue stinks...IMHO?
-
He literally had to be forced to play who is easily the best QB.
Bullsh!t...
It's been an organization decision all along. Dorsey was as culpable as Hue for playing TT.
Bullsh!t...
It's been an organization decision all along. Dorsey was as culpable as Hue for playing TT.
Good point! As was our LT situation being unsettled in week 1 and somewhat unsettled week 2 (coming off 2 false starts and other rookie blunders) aside from wanting to see Taylor at least bounce back to the 3 year completion percentages he had in Buffalo for at least a few starts.
I know people want to blame Hue for everything about 2017 (and much of it is justified). I clarify where I feel we need to apply some brakes. The 1 thing I remembered most about the off season heading into 2017 was Hue repeatedly saying he prefers to start the year with an experienced veteran at QB. And all he got was Brock Ostrich which was a lot like Charlie Brown getting rocks on Halloween while everyone else got the candy. Even worse, we paid the guy 16 million $ to be the only QB worth cutting out of Kizer, Hogan and Kessler. As soon as someone will say "yeah but we got a 2nd round pick for him" - that pretty much chased our 2017 2nd round QB right out of town. He felt like the next McCoy playing in front of 65,000 Hatfields at home in 2017. As Bill Polian cautioned, a great dis-service was done to the 2017 QB room in Cleveland wasting time and absurd guaranteed $ on a veteran QB that the FO guy didn't care if he stayed or sprayed. Polian called a spade a spade for how that whole thing unfolded. In a world of you get what you pay for - we got 0-16 football that a lot of people only wanted to give Hue 100% of the credit for. The FO is responsible for setting the gridiron chess table and a guy like Case Keenum was only signed as a backup in Minnesota (Bradford started week 1 and had a great game there) and Nick Foles was also available for starting pay. The hind sight 20/20 on all that became my fork in the road with Sashi and the reason I'm willing to give Hue a 3rd pitch to swing at as unpopular as that is in here (aside from him hiring an OC to bring in his Offense).
-
Lousy play calling...ie: fake kick with no kicker. Lousy clock manager. Lousy game manager plus lack of motivational abilities equal the anti Bill b. A good coach stands out and above the others. And you don't need to stick a light bulb in his mouth to find it out. Hue stinks...IMHO?
Lousy play calling...ie: fake kick with no kicker. Lousy clock manager. Lousy game manager plus lack of motivational abilities equal the anti Bill b. A good coach stands out and above the others. And you don't need to stick a light bulb in his mouth to find it out. Hue stinks...IMHO?
Which game were you watching??
-
Lousy play calling...ie: fake kick with no kicker. Lousy clock manager. Lousy game manager plus lack of motivational abilities equal the anti Bill b. A good coach stands out and above the others. And you don't need to stick a light bulb in his mouth to find it out. Hue stinks...IMHO?
Which game were you watching??
-
Past two years. Plus overall record.
The past is the past. You are watching a team that should could easily be 3-0 now. A team that took it to two super bowl contenders. A team that got its first win, has an elite defense and likely headed to a higher powered offense. That is and will be coached by Hue. You can either enjoy the ride or stay miserable. Turn the page.
-
Unless this team completely falls apart, I say there's no way we should get rid of Hue Jackson. No chance, no way. Want to know why? Because Joe Thomas says so.
Now, is Joe Thomas a General Manager? Of course not. Is he a guy who played with too many coaches? Yes. Joe likes Hue Jackson and that's good enough for me. He said the players never quit. They always showed up. They always believed. You don't get rid of a guy like that. I remember him saying that nobody else could do this job, and I remember laughing. But you know what? Maybe he was right. What happens if we have a decent year, and we're trending the right way? We go 7-8-1, and you're not firing Hue Jackson. Heck, we go 5-10-1 and we're not firing Hue Jackson.
-
Not that this was a tough feat or anything but the volume of penalties since week 1 has been reduced significantly. Horrible coaching?
That said, most of them seem to be on our STs return unit by repeat offenders. GOTTA clean that stuff up at least as well as high school teams can right? It shouldn't be as impossible as it's been over the last 5 years or so.
Having said that, I liked what I saw from punt coverage teams pinning the Jets deep as often as they did. Bringing Josh Cribbs here to help out with the STs is a great idea because he was a REALLY good gunner on punt/kick coverage teams when we used him in that role. The punt we had blocked wasn't coaching - it was a really lame effort from Chubb that surprised me. I've seen the replay twice to confirm it. He also hasn't been blocking or picking up people in pass pro either which might explain how often he's trusted to play on offense. This knucklehead praised him in the preseason for being good at it - I'm starting to think it was #34 instead of #24 I saw in that clip of training camp. If you're on a 2nd round salary and most of your role is on special teams - you might want to look back at what another former GA Bulldog (Terrell Davis) once did on STs before he started. It was also nice to see much better performance from the FG kicker aside from the 1 KO that went out of bounds.
Hue hired an OC and QB Coach to upgrade those positions which has also upgraded our HC position IMO. I'm not nearly as warm and fuzzy with the ST Coordinator but I like that we brought Cribbs in to assist him.
Having only 1 loss after 3 games isn't grounds to fire a HC here. If people aren't seeing a much improved competitive value the first 3 weeks it's because they simply don't want to.
-
Not that this was a tough feat or anything but the volume of penalties since week 1 has been reduced significantly. Horrible coaching?
That said, most of them seem to be on our STs return unit by repeat offenders. GOTTA clean that stuff up at least as well as high school teams can right? It shouldn't be as impossible as it's been over the last 5 years or so.
Having said that, I liked what I saw from punt coverage teams pinning the Jets deep as often as they did. Bringing Josh Cribbs here to help out with the STs is a great idea because he was a REALLY good gunner on punt/kick coverage teams when we used him in that role. The punt we had blocked wasn't coaching - it was a really lame effort from Chubb that surprised me. I've seen the replay twice to confirm it. He also hasn't been blocking or picking up people in pass pro either which might explain how often he's trusted to play on offense. This knucklehead praised him in the preseason for being good at it - I'm starting to think it was #34 instead of #24 I saw in that clip of training camp. If you're on a 2nd round salary and most of your role is on special teams - you might want to look back at what another former GA Bulldog (Terrell Davis) once did on STs before he started. It was also nice to see much better performance from the FG kicker aside from the 1 KO that went out of bounds.
Hue hired an OC and QB Coach to upgrade those positions which has also upgraded our HC position IMO. I'm not nearly as warm and fuzzy with the ST Coordinator but I like that we brought Cribbs in to assist him.
Having only 1 loss after 3 games isn't grounds to fire a HC here. If people aren't seeing a much improved competitive value the first 3 weeks it's because they simply don't want to.
Not that this was a tough feat or anything but the volume of penalties since week 1 has been reduced significantly. Horrible coaching?
That said, most of them seem to be on our STs return unit by repeat offenders. GOTTA clean that stuff up at least as well as high school teams can right? It shouldn't be as impossible as it's been over the last 5 years or so.
Having said that, I liked what I saw from punt coverage teams pinning the Jets deep as often as they did. Bringing Josh Cribbs here to help out with the STs is a great idea because he was a REALLY good gunner on punt/kick coverage teams when we used him in that role. The punt we had blocked wasn't coaching - it was a really lame effort from Chubb that surprised me. I've seen the replay twice to confirm it. He also hasn't been blocking or picking up people in pass pro either which might explain how often he's trusted to play on offense. This knucklehead praised him in the preseason for being good at it - I'm starting to think it was #34 instead of #24 I saw in that clip of training camp. If you're on a 2nd round salary and most of your role is on special teams - you might want to look back at what another former GA Bulldog (Terrell Davis) once did on STs before he started. It was also nice to see much better performance from the FG kicker aside from the 1 KO that went out of bounds.
Hue hired an OC and QB Coach to upgrade those positions which has also upgraded our HC position IMO. I'm not nearly as warm and fuzzy with the ST Coordinator but I like that we brought Cribbs in to assist him.
Having only 1 loss after 3 games isn't grounds to fire a HC here. If people aren't seeing a much improved competitive value the first 3 weeks it's because they simply don't want to.
I had this conversation with my father just last night about the penalties. He said all of our stupid penalties were the fault of Hue Jackson. I completely disagreed with him, and I told him that this is the NFL. The freaking players in the freaking NFL absolutely know NOT to push people in the back. They KNOW not to hold on a kick or punt. They KNOW to keep their mouth shut and not get a taunting penalty. This has nothing to do with coaching. Hue can't make people smarter. I can't explain WHY we get so many block in the back penalties, I really can't. Jarvis Landry almost cost us the freaking game Thursday with his STUPID block in the back. It took back a freaking touchdown. Myles Garrett had a TERRIBLE block in the back against the Steelers that severely cost us during the FG attempt. What could Hue Jackson POSSIBLY do there? Don't you think he tells everyone NOT to do that? Lol.
I'm not saying we're the best coached team in the world. But I do know it looks better. I haven't seen the awful clock management, and every game required a savvy hand at the end. I thought we did terrific. People are mad because Hue didn't start Baker at the beginning. Let me ask you, can you BLAME him? We started out the year with two hall of fame qb's, and playing at the Super Dome is CRAZY loud. Additionally, we don't have Joe Thomas, and our replacement for the GOAT is an undrafted free agent who basically hasn't played football in the past few years (well, MUCH anyway). Would YOU want to place your SAVIOR in the game with a huge unknown at the vital LT position?! Heck no.
A lot of people gave Hue Jackson a hard time with his juggling of the offensive line, right up into the DAY of the Steelers game. Well, Hue had a lot to consider. Desmond Harrison is going to be a STUD, but he's sushi level raw. And I think we saw that in week 1. But boy, what a turnaround Harrison has made, right? Can we call THAT a good coaching decision? It takes a MASSIVE scrotum to replace Joe Thomas with an unrestricted free agent. And something else about Baker....the decision not to start him was an "organizational decision", and not something Hue did alone. Dorsey was extremely hesitant to start the rookie after Dorsey was a part of having Aaron Rodgers sit AND Pat Mahomes sit.
So, Hue Jackson isn't perfect, but let's not crucify him just yet. And who do you even want to replace him? The ONLY guy who would fit is Todd Haley, and I don't want to do that. I don't want another situation where our coach is also our offensive coordinator. This is all new for our staff, and I want to see them grow together, because look, we actually have respected, desired, and talented coordinators. Gregg is doing his thing after promising more turnovers. His defense sealed the win. Finally. Our offense might have new life due to Baker, we'll have to see. And I think Hue is starting to settle into his role now. We finally got our first win. Everyone said the right things afterwards, and it's on to get another. We might actually have a real team now, and I want to see what Hue does with it.
Oh, two more things: Jarvis Landry is going to get a very costly 15 yard penalty soon. It's going to be a taunting, unnecessary roughness, or unsportsmanlike conduct. He's been VERY close so far. He almost got one after the amazing catch to the 1 yard line. I realize that's kind of who he is, but he HAS to contain it a little bit or it WILL hurt us. The other negative thing that's coming is a Carlos Hyde fumble. Too many times he's had the ball in one arm in traffic. That ball is coming out soon, because if I'M noticing it, other defensive coordinators are noticing it, too. Hopefully we address this stuff and it's not a problem!
-
Unless this team completely falls apart, I say there's no way we should get rid of Hue Jackson. No chance, no way. Want to know why? Because Joe Thomas says so.
Now, is Joe Thomas a General Manager? Of course not. Is he a guy who played with too many coaches? Yes. Joe likes Hue Jackson and that's good enough for me. He said the players never quit. They always showed up. They always believed. You don't get rid of a guy like that. I remember him saying that nobody else could do this job, and I remember laughing. But you know what? Maybe he was right. What happens if we have a decent year, and we're trending the right way? We go 7-8-1, and you're not firing Hue Jackson. Heck, we go 5-10-1 and we're not firing Hue Jackson.
Unless this team completely falls apart, I say there's no way we should get rid of Hue Jackson. No chance, no way. Want to know why? Because Joe Thomas says so.
Was wondering a bit ago who Joe is going ask to introduce him at his HOF induction???
I passed over Hue PDQ, but were he still the Browns HC in five years, who knows?
Likely would be as close as Hue would get to the HOF without a ticket.
-
Unless this team completely falls apart, I say there's no way we should get rid of Hue Jackson. No chance, no way. Want to know why? Because Joe Thomas says so.
Was wondering a bit ago who Joe is going ask to introduce him at his HOF induction???
I passed over Hue PDQ, but were he still the Browns HC in five years, who knows?
Likely would be as close as Hue would get to the HOF without a ticket.
Was wondering a bit ago who Joe is going ask to introduce him at his HOF induction???
I passed over Hue PDQ, but were he still the Browns HC in five years, who knows?
Likely would be as close as Hue would get to the HOF without a ticket.
Now that is an interesting question.
Still doesn't feel right without him, ya know? I was wondering if we could sign him on as a special type of coach. Like, a sort of tutor for Desmond Harrison, who Joe even said has more physical talent than just about anyone.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login