Skip to content

Cardiac V2.0?

The Browns Board
10 8 565
  • Just crossed my mind.

    I'm going to give ut a few weeks to decide.

  • Just crossed my mind.

    I'm going to give ut a few weeks to decide.

    @tour2ma said:

    Just crossed my mind.

    I'm going to give ut a few weeks to decide.

    Tonight they were so just enjoy it for what it is!?

  • There was no cardiac about that. The moment Mayfield came in they dominated the remainder of the game outscoring the Jets 23-3

  • There was no cardiac about that. The moment Mayfield came in they dominated the remainder of the game outscoring the Jets 23-3

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    There was no cardiac about that. The moment Mayfield came in they dominated the remainder of the game outscoring the Jets 23-3

    the pit game and then the Saint game had me on the edge of my seat so ya I would say cardiac

  • I know we can sit here and legitimately make an argument that the Browns should be 3-0, but regardless, this team is watchable now. Must-see TV.

    I've fallen asleep during games over the last five years or so. I've switched channels during commercial breaks to movies I've seen numerous times and lingered so long that I've missed plays of the Browns games, and wasn't really upset when I discovered it.

    Not anymore. Isn't that great?  

  • I guess I'll be "that guy".

    Baker played one hell of a game and helped to earn a well deserved victory and got that 635 day losing monkey off our backs.

    BUT...

    I think the whole "second coming of Kosar" and playoffs talk is way to premature. It was just one game, and there's 12 more to come with some pretty difficult team's down the road. Let's see how Mayfield and Co. peform when teams have tape on the guy and plan for him first. I, for one, am still pretty concerned about the s.hit play from our O-line; Mayfield will be killed by defenders if that line doesn't improve. Also saw plenty of easy drops from our WRs that's concerning, as well as the run game taking almost half a game to get started. 

  • There was no cardiac about that. The moment Mayfield came in they dominated the remainder of the game outscoring the Jets 23-3

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    There was no cardiac about that. The moment Mayfield came in they dominated the remainder of the game outscoring the Jets 23-3

    Nothing cardiac about a 14 point comeback... including a 2-point conversion?

    Followed by giving the lead back up with under 9 minutes to go?

    Followed by retaking the lead just shy of the 2 minute mark?

    Followed by, not one, but two game-ending INTs to seal the deal???

    Wow... you must have nerves of steel...

    @jbluhm86 said:

    I guess I'll be "that guy".

    Baker played one hell of a game and helped to earn a well deserved victory and got that 635 day losing monkey off our backs.

    BUT...

    I think the whole "second coming of Kosar" and playoffs talk is way to premature. It was just one game, and there's 12 more to come with some pretty difficult team's down the road. Let's see how Mayfield and Co. peform when teams have tape on the guy and plan for him first. I, for one, am still pretty concerned about the s.hit play from our O-line; Mayfield will be killed by defenders if that line doesn't improve. Also saw plenty of easy drops from our WRs that's concerning, as well as the run game taking almost half a game to get started. 

    Agree, jb... it's only one game and, as I said in the "It's Baker's Team Now" thread, there will be bumps in the road.

    Playoff talk is very premature, but QB comparisons? Things sometimes remind us of other things.

    The OL? A lot easy to PassPro for 1.8 seconds than it is 2.8 and run block when the opposing D has to honor the pass.

    As for the drops... just going to take a while for our WRs to get used to the ball arriving in their vicinity... with pace.

  • I guess I'll be "that guy".

    Baker played one hell of a game and helped to earn a well deserved victory and got that 635 day losing monkey off our backs.

    BUT...

    I think the whole "second coming of Kosar" and playoffs talk is way to premature. It was just one game, and there's 12 more to come with some pretty difficult team's down the road. Let's see how Mayfield and Co. peform when teams have tape on the guy and plan for him first. I, for one, am still pretty concerned about the s.hit play from our O-line; Mayfield will be killed by defenders if that line doesn't improve. Also saw plenty of easy drops from our WRs that's concerning, as well as the run game taking almost half a game to get started. 

    @jbluhm86 said:

    I guess I'll be "that guy".

    Baker played one hell of a game and helped to earn a well deserved victory and got that 635 day losing monkey off our backs.

    BUT...

    I think the whole "second coming of Kosar" and playoffs talk is way to premature. It was just one game, and there's 12 more to come with some pretty difficult team's down the road. Let's see how Mayfield and Co. peform when teams have tape on the guy and plan for him first. I, for one, am still pretty concerned about the s.hit play from our O-line; Mayfield will be killed by defenders if that line doesn't improve. Also saw plenty of easy drops from our WRs that's concerning, as well as the run game taking almost half a game to get started. 

    Which teams that we play do you think will be more difficult than the Steelers and Saints?   I know that the whole NFCS is tough.....but the Saints are as good as any of them.   And the Bengals and Ratbirds?  All AFCN games are tough..........and perhaps the Steelers ARE a weak link now with that defense.  Still.....who is all that much tougher than who we have already stood toe to toe with?

  • I know we can sit here and legitimately make an argument that the Browns should be 3-0, but regardless, this team is watchable now. Must-see TV.

    I've fallen asleep during games over the last five years or so. I've switched channels during commercial breaks to movies I've seen numerous times and lingered so long that I've missed plays of the Browns games, and wasn't really upset when I discovered it.

    Not anymore. Isn't that great?  

    @dutch-oven said:

    I know we can sit here and legitimately make an argument that the Browns should be 3-0, but regardless, this team is watchable now. Must-see TV.

    I've fallen asleep during games over the last five years or so. I've switched channels during commercial breaks to movies I've seen numerous times and lingered so long that I've missed plays of the Browns games, and wasn't really upset when I discovered it.

    Not anymore. Isn't that great?  

    Over the last 3 seasons, by Game 4 I've turned the games off by the middle of the second quarter (at the very latest) and mowed the yard, washed the car, etc.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I know we can sit here and legitimately make an argument that the Browns should be 3-0, but regardless, this team is watchable now. Must-see TV.

    I've fallen asleep during games over the last five years or so. I've switched channels during commercial breaks to movies I've seen numerous times and lingered so long that I've missed plays of the Browns games, and wasn't really upset when I discovered it.

    Not anymore. Isn't that great?  

    Over the last 3 seasons, by Game 4 I've turned the games off by the middle of the second quarter (at the very latest) and mowed the yard, washed the car, etc.

    @dste-ace said:

    Over the last 3 seasons, by Game 4 I've turned the games off by the middle of the second quarter (at the very latest) and mowed the yard, washed the car, etc.

    Neighbors gonna be pissed about the dirty car in the driveway with the shaggy-butt lawn to either side?