Skip to content

Dez post #22

The Browns Board
22 12 881 1
  • How about some actual reasons? I do not envision him as someone to stretch the field. I do however see him as a very good target inside the 20. We need one because it’s damn sure not Njoku

  • Because 1.. Hes not in game shape.. 2.. I think hes a worse druggie than Gordon.. Just call it a hunch...

  • no, he isn't a fit. IF he wanted to play football, he'd be playing football somewhere.

  • Dez had his chance...

  • Ok so shifting focus, who is that guy we can grab because he’s not on the roster now 

  • There's some decent WRs on the last year of their deal. Maybe we can land one of these guys with a late round pick.

    Golden Tate- the lions dont have a chance to win that division and Galladay is the long term solution.

    Kelvin Benjamin- The Bill's just need to start thinking about next year. Benjamin seems like a diva and I think he ballooned up to like 280 this offseason. He still offers a 6'5 big frame in the red zone.

    Quincy Enunwa- doubt the jets would trade him but I like his game.

  • There's some decent WRs on the last year of their deal. Maybe we can land one of these guys with a late round pick.

    Golden Tate- the lions dont have a chance to win that division and Galladay is the long term solution.

    Kelvin Benjamin- The Bill's just need to start thinking about next year. Benjamin seems like a diva and I think he ballooned up to like 280 this offseason. He still offers a 6'5 big frame in the red zone.

    Quincy Enunwa- doubt the jets would trade him but I like his game.

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Quincy Enunwa- doubt the jets would trade him but I like his game.

    Sweet 8lb, 6oz baby Jesus, I didn't think they would ever stop him from getting first downs on that same damn WR screen pass. I like him too. 

  • With the departure of Gordon and arrival of Baker I say now it’s time. He’s he missing piece as the red zone target. Discuss...... 

    @jcam222 said:

    With the departure of Gordon and arrival of Baker I say now it’s time. He’s he missing piece as the red zone target. Discuss...... 

    No it's not. 1) The Browns aren't going to the Super Bowl this year, and at this point the playoffs are a pipe dream. 2) He'd just take reps away from the young guys. 3) you really want to pay a guy who's likely going to be our #4 WR Dez's asking price of of at least $7 million? 4) Probably out of game shape 5) If he really wanted to play, he'd already have taken a one year prove it deal. 

    @jcam222 said:

    Ok so shifting focus, who is that guy we can grab because he’s not on the roster now 

    Unless Landry God Forbid- would get hurt- we aren't going to be in the market for another WR. 

  • @jcam222 said:

    With the departure of Gordon and arrival of Baker I say now it’s time. He’s he missing piece as the red zone target. Discuss...... 

    No it's not. 1) The Browns aren't going to the Super Bowl this year, and at this point the playoffs are a pipe dream. 2) He'd just take reps away from the young guys. 3) you really want to pay a guy who's likely going to be our #4 WR Dez's asking price of of at least $7 million? 4) Probably out of game shape 5) If he really wanted to play, he'd already have taken a one year prove it deal. 

    @jcam222 said:

    Ok so shifting focus, who is that guy we can grab because he’s not on the roster now 

    Unless Landry God Forbid- would get hurt- we aren't going to be in the market for another WR. 

    @hoorta said:

    No it's not. 1) The Browns aren't going to the Super Bowl this year, and at this point the playoffs are a pipe dream. 2) He'd just take reps away from the young guys. 3) you really want to pay a guy who's likely going to be our #4 WR Dez's asking price of of at least $7 million? 4) Probably out of game shape 5) If he really wanted to play, he'd already have taken a one year prove it deal. 

    Unless Landry God Forbid- would get hurt- we aren't going to be in the market for another WR. 

    I’m an optimist, I am not so sure playoffs are a pipe dream. Let’s revisit that conversation in 3 weeks. That aside I still believe we need to add a tall strong red zone target. 

  • There's some decent WRs on the last year of their deal. Maybe we can land one of these guys with a late round pick.

    Golden Tate- the lions dont have a chance to win that division and Galladay is the long term solution.

    Kelvin Benjamin- The Bill's just need to start thinking about next year. Benjamin seems like a diva and I think he ballooned up to like 280 this offseason. He still offers a 6'5 big frame in the red zone.

    Quincy Enunwa- doubt the jets would trade him but I like his game.

    @louisville-slugger said:

    Quincy Enunwa- doubt the jets would trade him but I like his game.

    Physically he reminded me of Gordon...

    @hoorta said:

    Unless Landry God Forbid- would get hurt- we aren't going to be in the market for another WR. 

    And even under that circumstance I'm not sure we pursue a trade.

    We have a WR on the PS... a rookie outta Fresno St.

    Plus we can slide Njoku out since we have quite a collection of TEs... including one on the PS.

    And then there's Duke... and we have Hilliard on the PS.

  • with the acquisition of Landry and the emergence of callaway(if he stays on the field), the browns don’t need to worry about WR. 

    Teams have won super bowls with less WR talent. 

  • Dez worries more about his ego than he does his team. That was obvious in Texas. I'd rather not see his brand of pollution in the Browns locker room.

  • Dez worries more about his ego than he does his team. That was obvious in Texas. I'd rather not see his brand of pollution in the Browns locker room.

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Dez worries more about his ego than he does his team. That was obvious in Texas. I'd rather not see his brand of pollution in the Browns locker room.

    Agree... his sideline "antics" about not getting the ball are still burned into my mind.

    While that's somewhat understandable for a #1 WR, it would have no place for a #2... or lower. And I have doubts he'd understand/accept that.

    And then there are... as someone once said... the "diminished skills" questions we've debated earlier.

  • You get older...you lose a step. Just the way it goes.

  • I think his chance to latch on to an NFL team is now down to emergency injury desperation for somebody. 

    WSS

  • @louisville-slugger said:

    Quincy Enunwa- doubt the jets would trade him but I like his game.

    Physically he reminded me of Gordon...

    @hoorta said:

    Unless Landry God Forbid- would get hurt- we aren't going to be in the market for another WR. 

    And even under that circumstance I'm not sure we pursue a trade.

    We have a WR on the PS... a rookie outta Fresno St.

    Plus we can slide Njoku out since we have quite a collection of TEs... including one on the PS.

    And then there's Duke... and we have Hilliard on the PS.

    @tour2ma said:

    Physically he reminded me of Gordon...

    And even under that circumstance I'm not sure we pursue a trade.

    We have a WR on the PS... a rookie outta Fresno St.

    Plus we can slide Njoku out since we have quite a collection of TEs... including one on the PS.

    And then there's Duke... and we have Hilliard on the PS.

    So the answer to my question for a big body red zone target should be Njoku. His hands are on par with Greg Little. Callaway and Landry , even Duke are awesome but not the big body in the red zone. I’ll have to look up Hilliard......

  • @tour2ma said:

    Physically he reminded me of Gordon...

    And even under that circumstance I'm not sure we pursue a trade.

    We have a WR on the PS... a rookie outta Fresno St.

    Plus we can slide Njoku out since we have quite a collection of TEs... including one on the PS.

    And then there's Duke... and we have Hilliard on the PS.

    So the answer to my question for a big body red zone target should be Njoku. His hands are on par with Greg Little. Callaway and Landry , even Duke are awesome but not the big body in the red zone. I’ll have to look up Hilliard......

    @jcam222 said:

    So the answer to my question for a big body red zone target should be Njoku. His hands are on par with Greg Little. Callaway and Landry , even Duke are awesome but not the big body in the red zone. I’ll have to look up Hilliard......

    I still have hopes for the joker. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out with Baker throwing the more accurate passes.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Physically he reminded me of Gordon...

    And even under that circumstance I'm not sure we pursue a trade.

    We have a WR on the PS... a rookie outta Fresno St.

    Plus we can slide Njoku out since we have quite a collection of TEs... including one on the PS.

    And then there's Duke... and we have Hilliard on the PS.

    So the answer to my question for a big body red zone target should be Njoku. His hands are on par with Greg Little. Callaway and Landry , even Duke are awesome but not the big body in the red zone. I’ll have to look up Hilliard......

    @jcam222 said:

    So the answer to my question for a big body red zone target should be Njoku. His hands are on par with Greg Little. Callaway and Landry , even Duke are awesome but not the big body in the red zone. I’ll have to look up Hilliard......

    Of course, if on every drive they can get the ball down to the 1 or 2 yard line, then they can slam it into the endzone with  Hyde or Chubb, and that would be OK as well.

  • @jcam222 said:

    So the answer to my question for a big body red zone target should be Njoku. His hands are on par with Greg Little. Callaway and Landry , even Duke are awesome but not the big body in the red zone. I’ll have to look up Hilliard......

    I still have hopes for the joker. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out with Baker throwing the more accurate passes.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I still have hopes for the joker. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out with Baker throwing the more accurate passes.

    Agree... he's still inconsistent, but has shown the hands are there at times. Certainly made a nice grab on Baker's 2nd throw. Wasn't exactly high-pointed, but going to the ground is harder than going up for the big guys.

    All that said, jcam's skepticism is understandable... even if his Greg Little comparison is more than a little over-the-top.