Landry returning punts
-
So Landry just started returning punts part way through the last game. No real pub about it. Overshadowed by other things l suppose.
Yet there he was, multi million heart of the wideouts guy returning punts.
Interesting move and all, but l dunno. Thoughts?
So Landry just started returning punts part way through the last game. No real pub about it. Overshadowed by other things l suppose.
Yet there he was, multi million heart of the wideouts guy returning punts.
Interesting move and all, but l dunno. Thoughts?
Thoughts? Why is not our All American punt returner, Peppers, back there doing that job? He was supposed to be the next Devin Hester/Josh Cribbs as a return man. So far he is just the next Statue of Liberty.....standing there with his hand in the air to make a fair catch.
(I just thought of that....the Statue of Liberty/fair catch thing.....I think its kinda funny)

-
So Landry just started returning punts part way through the last game. No real pub about it. Overshadowed by other things l suppose.
Yet there he was, multi million heart of the wideouts guy returning punts.
Interesting move and all, but l dunno. Thoughts?
Thoughts? Why is not our All American punt returner, Peppers, back there doing that job? He was supposed to be the next Devin Hester/Josh Cribbs as a return man. So far he is just the next Statue of Liberty.....standing there with his hand in the air to make a fair catch.
(I just thought of that....the Statue of Liberty/fair catch thing.....I think its kinda funny)

Thoughts? Why is not our All American punt returner, Peppers, back there doing that job? He was supposed to be the next Devin Hester/Josh Cribbs as a return man. So far he is just the next Statue of Liberty.....standing there with his hand in the air to make a fair catch.
(I just thought of that....the Statue of Liberty/fair catch thing.....I think its kinda funny)

Hahahaha. Funny.
That Peppers fair catch thing STILL bothers me. Like I said in another post, the Raiders have basically lose EVERY game at the end, due to a play or two. A fair catch like that could literally be the difference between winning and losing. We simply aren't good enough to overcome things like that, ya know?
What I liked about Jarvis was his decisiveness. He caught it, he ran with it. And he caught it very well, securely.
Our special teams coach WANTS Callaway catching punts, but Hue overruled him. Hue didn't want something so heavy on a rookie's shoulders, which I can understand. When Callaway is ready, he'll be out there, and he'll likely be very good at it.
-
Thoughts? Why is not our All American punt returner, Peppers, back there doing that job? He was supposed to be the next Devin Hester/Josh Cribbs as a return man. So far he is just the next Statue of Liberty.....standing there with his hand in the air to make a fair catch.
(I just thought of that....the Statue of Liberty/fair catch thing.....I think its kinda funny)

Hahahaha. Funny.
That Peppers fair catch thing STILL bothers me. Like I said in another post, the Raiders have basically lose EVERY game at the end, due to a play or two. A fair catch like that could literally be the difference between winning and losing. We simply aren't good enough to overcome things like that, ya know?
What I liked about Jarvis was his decisiveness. He caught it, he ran with it. And he caught it very well, securely.
Our special teams coach WANTS Callaway catching punts, but Hue overruled him. Hue didn't want something so heavy on a rookie's shoulders, which I can understand. When Callaway is ready, he'll be out there, and he'll likely be very good at it.
Hahahaha. Funny.
That Peppers fair catch thing STILL bothers me. Like I said in another post, the Raiders have basically lose EVERY game at the end, due to a play or two. A fair catch like that could literally be the difference between winning and losing. We simply aren't good enough to overcome things like that, ya know?
What I liked about Jarvis was his decisiveness. He caught it, he ran with it. And he caught it very well, securely.
Our special teams coach WANTS Callaway catching punts, but Hue overruled him. Hue didn't want something so heavy on a rookie's shoulders, which I can understand. When Callaway is ready, he'll be out there, and he'll likely be very good at it.
Calloway? No, it should be Peppers. OK, maybe he is dinged up a bit. But he has still sucked balls as a punt returner. Half the reason we took him in round one was for his supposed return abilities....because it was admitted that his coverage skill were deficient. He may do all right as an in the box safety....but I suggest that we could have gotten what we have gotten out of him from like a 5th round pick. If he can't return picks, if he can't cover, if he can't intercept a ball (when was the last time that happened?).....if all he can do is tackle in the box, we could have just drafted a Linebacker later in the draft. We would have been better off with a guy like Eddie Baker, now of the Bears, taken in round 4, who, as a safety has done much better than Peppers. Or Budda Baker, taken in round 2 by the Cards.
Point is, this guy needs to step up more in his primary role as a DB/KR......(and so does Njoku). Lets not have these guys become just another Ghost of Browns first round picks past.....pretty much all of whom have been busts for the last 10 years.
-
Hahahaha. Funny.
That Peppers fair catch thing STILL bothers me. Like I said in another post, the Raiders have basically lose EVERY game at the end, due to a play or two. A fair catch like that could literally be the difference between winning and losing. We simply aren't good enough to overcome things like that, ya know?
What I liked about Jarvis was his decisiveness. He caught it, he ran with it. And he caught it very well, securely.
Our special teams coach WANTS Callaway catching punts, but Hue overruled him. Hue didn't want something so heavy on a rookie's shoulders, which I can understand. When Callaway is ready, he'll be out there, and he'll likely be very good at it.
Calloway? No, it should be Peppers. OK, maybe he is dinged up a bit. But he has still sucked balls as a punt returner. Half the reason we took him in round one was for his supposed return abilities....because it was admitted that his coverage skill were deficient. He may do all right as an in the box safety....but I suggest that we could have gotten what we have gotten out of him from like a 5th round pick. If he can't return picks, if he can't cover, if he can't intercept a ball (when was the last time that happened?).....if all he can do is tackle in the box, we could have just drafted a Linebacker later in the draft. We would have been better off with a guy like Eddie Baker, now of the Bears, taken in round 4, who, as a safety has done much better than Peppers. Or Budda Baker, taken in round 2 by the Cards.
Point is, this guy needs to step up more in his primary role as a DB/KR......(and so does Njoku). Lets not have these guys become just another Ghost of Browns first round picks past.....pretty much all of whom have been busts for the last 10 years.
Point is, this guy needs to step up more in his primary role as a DB/KR......(and so does Njoku).
Well Scotland Keith has a Njoku jersey so that guy is fucked for his long term prospects for the Browns.
-
Point is, this guy needs to step up more in his primary role as a DB/KR......(and so does Njoku).
Well Scotland Keith has a Njoku jersey so that guy is fucked for his long term prospects for the Browns.
Well Scotland Keith has a Njoku jersey so that guy is Shmucked for his long term prospects for the Browns.
So? Anyone whose jersey Kmac wears turns to shite? Maybe the moral of the story is that any time he comes into town, tear that jersey off and burn it....and make him wear like pink puffy shirts when he is here.
-
Well Scotland Keith has a Njoku jersey so that guy is Shmucked for his long term prospects for the Browns.
So? Anyone whose jersey Kmac wears turns to shite? Maybe the moral of the story is that any time he comes into town, tear that jersey off and burn it....and make him wear like pink puffy shirts when he is here.
So? Anyone whose jersey Kmac wears turns to shite? Maybe the moral of the story is that any time he comes into town, tear that jersey off and burn it....and make him wear like pink puffy shirts when he is here.
Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to shit. Mike has a Shelton jersey. Howie has someone else no longer with the Browns. They're as big a jinx as a black cat and they won't learn.
-
So? Anyone whose jersey Kmac wears turns to shite? Maybe the moral of the story is that any time he comes into town, tear that jersey off and burn it....and make him wear like pink puffy shirts when he is here.
Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to shit. Mike has a Shelton jersey. Howie has someone else no longer with the Browns. They're as big a jinx as a black cat and they won't learn.
-
Solution: Tell them all that they must just wear #32 jerseys....and then to STFU.
I've told them. Do you think they actually listen to me?
-
Solution: Tell them all that they must just wear #32 jerseys....and then to STFU.
I've told them. Do you think they actually listen to me?
-
Gip, only you could be so wrong about so many things, while having all of the confidence in what you say, in one string of posts.
-
Gip, only you could be so wrong about so many things, while having all of the confidence in what you say, in one string of posts.
Gip, only you could be so wrong about so many things, while having all of the confidence in what you say, in one string of posts.
I am absolutely right about Peppers being a disappointment at being a kick returner. He has broken nothing of significance. He may have had one punt return so far in his career of over 20 yards. His kick returns have seen a single one go for 35 yards.
I am also absolutely correct about his interceptions. He had one last year and one this year. Maybe he is getting better...since he matched last year's total already.
As for his coverage skills.....absolutely correct about them being mediocre. Absolutely correct.
As for his tackling...I said he has done fairly well so far. And so I am absolutely correct about that.
So....I am absolutely correct about absolutley everything. yes, according to you...I am wrong about everything. What it actually proves is that I am right again: that you are stupid, that you can see nothing wrong in Peppers because you are blinded by love, apparently.
Let's see if the group here agrees with me or with you.
-
No way I would have Landry returning kicks. Put in someone else who can catch the ball. No need to risk a pro bowl caliber WR returning kicks. That's how you lose a vital player for the season and could ruin his career if its a major injury.
Almost a no-brainer......hey coyote, what's new pal? Ready for the BROWNS winning streak?
-
So? Anyone whose jersey Kmac wears turns to shite? Maybe the moral of the story is that any time he comes into town, tear that jersey off and burn it....and make him wear like pink puffy shirts when he is here.
Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to shit. Mike has a Shelton jersey. Howie has someone else no longer with the Browns. They're as big a jinx as a black cat and they won't learn.
Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to Sheet. Mike has a Shelton jersey.
And a lava-lava IIRC...
On Landry... as a steady diet, I'm not down with him pulling PR duty, but in special situations... absolutely... put him back there.
KC uses Hill... SEA uses Lockett... even TB put Jackson back there the other nite and almost turned the game around except for the block in the back thing.
-
Gip, only you could be so wrong about so many things, while having all of the confidence in what you say, in one string of posts.
I am absolutely right about Peppers being a disappointment at being a kick returner. He has broken nothing of significance. He may have had one punt return so far in his career of over 20 yards. His kick returns have seen a single one go for 35 yards.
I am also absolutely correct about his interceptions. He had one last year and one this year. Maybe he is getting better...since he matched last year's total already.
As for his coverage skills.....absolutely correct about them being mediocre. Absolutely correct.
As for his tackling...I said he has done fairly well so far. And so I am absolutely correct about that.
So....I am absolutely correct about absolutley everything. yes, according to you...I am wrong about everything. What it actually proves is that I am right again: that you are stupid, that you can see nothing wrong in Peppers because you are blinded by love, apparently.
Let's see if the group here agrees with me or with you.
I am absolutely right about Peppers being a disappointment at being a kick returner. He has broken nothing of significance. He may have had one punt return so far in his career of over 20 yards. His kick returns have seen a single one go for 35 yards.
I am also absolutely correct about his interceptions. He had one last year and one this year. Maybe he is getting better...since he matched last year's total already.
As for his coverage skills.....absolutely correct about them being mediocre. Absolutely correct.
As for his tackling...I said he has done fairly well so far. And so I am absolutely correct about that.
So....I am absolutely correct about absolutley everything. yes, according to you...I am wrong about everything. What it actually proves is that I am right again: that you are stupid, that you can see nothing wrong in Peppers because you are blinded by love, apparently.
Let's see if the group here agrees with me or with you.
I did my damnedest to get Tyler Lockett here. But nooooooooooooo!?
-
I am absolutely right about Peppers being a disappointment at being a kick returner. He has broken nothing of significance. He may have had one punt return so far in his career of over 20 yards. His kick returns have seen a single one go for 35 yards.
I am also absolutely correct about his interceptions. He had one last year and one this year. Maybe he is getting better...since he matched last year's total already.
As for his coverage skills.....absolutely correct about them being mediocre. Absolutely correct.
As for his tackling...I said he has done fairly well so far. And so I am absolutely correct about that.
So....I am absolutely correct about absolutley everything. yes, according to you...I am wrong about everything. What it actually proves is that I am right again: that you are stupid, that you can see nothing wrong in Peppers because you are blinded by love, apparently.
Let's see if the group here agrees with me or with you.
I did my damnedest to get Tyler Lockett here. But nooooooooooooo!?
I did my damnedest to get Tyler Lockett here. But nooooooooooooo!?
Clearly you don't have the same pull with the front office staff that I do.

-
I did my damnedest to get Tyler Lockett here. But nooooooooooooo!?
Clearly you don't have the same pull with the front office staff that I do.

Clearly you don't have the same pull with the front office staff that I do.

Clearly!
But make that past tense. They did get Garrett.?
-
So? Anyone whose jersey Kmac wears turns to shite? Maybe the moral of the story is that any time he comes into town, tear that jersey off and burn it....and make him wear like pink puffy shirts when he is here.
Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to shit. Mike has a Shelton jersey. Howie has someone else no longer with the Browns. They're as big a jinx as a black cat and they won't learn.
Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to Sheet. Mike has a Shelton jersey. Howie has someone else no longer with the Browns. They're as big a jinx as a black cat and they won't learn.
Yes, a retired player is the way to go. Or do what me and Mike did, Use #46, and put your name on the back- never goes out of style. The #2 Couch jersey gathering dust in the basement was all the motivation to not buy a current player's jersey. Baker's going to have to go to a couple Pro Bowls before I'll even think about buying #6.
-
Gip, only you could be so wrong about so many things, while having all of the confidence in what you say, in one string of posts.
Gip, only you could be so wrong about so many things, while having all of the confidence in what you say, in one string of posts.
Woodster, I'll have to agree with Gipper. Relative to his draft status Peppers has under performed his draft status. His supposedly great return skills have been underwhelming to say the least.
MHO? Our 5th round pick from this year Gerald Avery has outperformed Dr. Pepper by a significant margin to date. He's looking like the first round pick instead. You draft impact players in the first round, and I've seen damn little impact from Jabril to date.
-
Peppers played out of position his entire rookie year.
Returning punts in the NFL ain't like the Big 10 (or 11... or 12).
He's looked good this year. Sure tackling and some pass D. He's settling in.
Peppers played out of position his entire rookie year.
Returning punts in the NFL ain't like the Big 10 (or 11... or 12).
He's looked good this year. Sure tackling and some pass D. He's settling in.
And that is all I have said.....that he has not to this point performed up to expectation or to draft status. And that hopefully he will "settle in".....by that we mean: get better at what he does.
And maybe returning punts is not the same in the NFL as it is in the Big Ten.....but an All American punt returner should have some production at this level. I mean, Josh Cribbs played in the MAC, and that ain't NFL level.
But maybe we should give him a bit of a break there, as the Browns ST coaching has been shite during his tenure here. (as no one else has broken loose on any returns either)
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login