Skip to content

Landry returning punts

The Browns Board
41 21 946 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    So?  Anyone whose jersey Kmac wears turns to shite?  Maybe the moral of the story is that any time he comes into town, tear that jersey off and burn it....and make him wear like pink puffy shirts when he is here.

    Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to shit.   Mike has a Shelton jersey.  Howie has someone else no longer with the Browns.  They're as big a jinx as a black cat and they won't learn.

    @mark-o said:

    Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to Sheet.   Mike has a Shelton jersey. 

    And a lava-lava IIRC... 🙂

    On Landry... as a steady diet, I'm not down with him pulling PR duty, but in special situations... absolutely... put him back there.

    KC uses Hill... SEA uses Lockett... even TB put Jackson back there the other nite and almost turned the game around except for the block in the back thing.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Gip, only you could be so wrong about so many things, while having all of the confidence in what you say, in one string of posts. 

    I am absolutely right about Peppers being a disappointment  at being a kick returner.  He has broken nothing of significance.  He may have had one punt return so far in his career of over 20 yards.  His kick returns have seen a single one go for 35 yards.

    I am also absolutely correct about his interceptions.  He had one last year and one this year.  Maybe he is getting better...since he matched last year's total already.

    As for his coverage skills.....absolutely correct about them being mediocre.  Absolutely correct.

    As for his tackling...I said he has done fairly well so far.   And so I am absolutely correct about that.

    So....I am absolutely correct about absolutley everything.     yes, according to you...I am wrong about everything.  What it actually proves is that I am right again:   that you are stupid, that you can see nothing wrong in Peppers because you are blinded by love, apparently.

    Let's see if the group here agrees with me or with you. 

    @the-gipper said:

    I am absolutely right about Peppers being a disappointment  at being a kick returner.  He has broken nothing of significance.  He may have had one punt return so far in his career of over 20 yards.  His kick returns have seen a single one go for 35 yards.

    I am also absolutely correct about his interceptions.  He had one last year and one this year.  Maybe he is getting better...since he matched last year's total already.

    As for his coverage skills.....absolutely correct about them being mediocre.  Absolutely correct.

    As for his tackling...I said he has done fairly well so far.   And so I am absolutely correct about that.

    So....I am absolutely correct about absolutley everything.     yes, according to you...I am wrong about everything.  What it actually proves is that I am right again:   that you are stupid, that you can see nothing wrong in Peppers because you are blinded by love, apparently.

    Let's see if the group here agrees with me or with you. 

    I did my damnedest to get Tyler Lockett here. But nooooooooooooo!?

  • @the-gipper said:

    I am absolutely right about Peppers being a disappointment  at being a kick returner.  He has broken nothing of significance.  He may have had one punt return so far in his career of over 20 yards.  His kick returns have seen a single one go for 35 yards.

    I am also absolutely correct about his interceptions.  He had one last year and one this year.  Maybe he is getting better...since he matched last year's total already.

    As for his coverage skills.....absolutely correct about them being mediocre.  Absolutely correct.

    As for his tackling...I said he has done fairly well so far.   And so I am absolutely correct about that.

    So....I am absolutely correct about absolutley everything.     yes, according to you...I am wrong about everything.  What it actually proves is that I am right again:   that you are stupid, that you can see nothing wrong in Peppers because you are blinded by love, apparently.

    Let's see if the group here agrees with me or with you. 

    I did my damnedest to get Tyler Lockett here. But nooooooooooooo!?

    @texasag1969 said:

    I did my damnedest to get Tyler Lockett here. But nooooooooooooo!?

    Clearly you don't have the same pull with the front office staff that I do.  😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I did my damnedest to get Tyler Lockett here. But nooooooooooooo!?

    Clearly you don't have the same pull with the front office staff that I do.  😉

    @mld-woody said:

    Clearly you don't have the same pull with the front office staff that I do.  😉

    Clearly!

    But make that past tense. They did get Garrett.?

  • @the-gipper said:

    So?  Anyone whose jersey Kmac wears turns to shite?  Maybe the moral of the story is that any time he comes into town, tear that jersey off and burn it....and make him wear like pink puffy shirts when he is here.

    Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to shit.   Mike has a Shelton jersey.  Howie has someone else no longer with the Browns.  They're as big a jinx as a black cat and they won't learn.

    @mark-o said:

    Anyone of them who buys a jersey, the player goes to Sheet.   Mike has a Shelton jersey.  Howie has someone else no longer with the Browns.  They're as big a jinx as a black cat and they won't learn.

    Yes, a retired player is the way to go. Or do what me and Mike did, Use #46, and put your name on the back- never goes out of style. The #2 Couch jersey gathering dust in the basement was all the motivation to not buy a current player's jersey. Baker's going to have to go to a couple Pro Bowls before I'll even think about buying #6. 

  • Gip, only you could be so wrong about so many things, while having all of the confidence in what you say, in one string of posts. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Gip, only you could be so wrong about so many things, while having all of the confidence in what you say, in one string of posts. 

    Woodster, I'll have to agree with Gipper. Relative to his draft status Peppers has under performed his draft status. His supposedly great return skills have been underwhelming to say the least. 

    MHO? Our 5th round pick from this year Gerald Avery has outperformed Dr. Pepper by a significant margin to date. He's looking like the first round pick instead. You draft impact players in the first round, and I've seen damn little impact from Jabril to date.  

  • Peppers played out of position his entire rookie year.

    Returning punts in the NFL ain't like the Big 10 (or 11... or 12).

    He's looked good this year. Sure tackling and some pass D. He's settling in.

  • Peppers played out of position his entire rookie year.

    Returning punts in the NFL ain't like the Big 10 (or 11... or 12).

    He's looked good this year. Sure tackling and some pass D. He's settling in.

    @tour2ma said:

    Peppers played out of position his entire rookie year.

    Returning punts in the NFL ain't like the Big 10 (or 11... or 12).

    He's looked good this year. Sure tackling and some pass D. He's settling in.

    And that is all I have said.....that he has not to this point performed up to expectation or to draft status.   And that hopefully he will "settle in".....by that we mean:  get better at what he does. 

    And maybe returning punts is not the same in the NFL as it is in the Big Ten.....but an All American punt returner should have some production at this level.  I mean, Josh Cribbs played in the MAC,  and that ain't  NFL level.

    But maybe we should give him a bit of a break there, as the Browns ST coaching has been  shite during his tenure here. (as no one else has broken loose on any returns either)

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Hahahaha.  Funny.

    That Peppers fair catch thing STILL bothers me.  Like I said in another post, the Raiders have basically lose EVERY game at the end, due to a play or two.  A fair catch like that could literally be the difference between winning and losing.  We simply aren't good enough to overcome things like that, ya know?  

    What I liked about Jarvis was his decisiveness.  He caught it, he ran with it.  And he caught it very well, securely.  

    Our special teams coach WANTS Callaway catching punts, but Hue overruled him.  Hue didn't want something so heavy on a rookie's shoulders, which I can understand.  When Callaway is ready, he'll be out there, and he'll likely be very good at it.  

    Calloway?  No,  it should be Peppers.  OK, maybe he is dinged up a bit.   But he has still sucked balls as a punt returner.  Half the reason we took him in round one was for his supposed return abilities....because it was admitted that his coverage skill were deficient.  He may do all right as an in the box safety....but I suggest that we could have gotten what we have gotten out of him from like a 5th round pick.   If he can't return picks, if he can't cover, if he can't intercept a ball (when was the last time that happened?).....if all he can do is tackle in the box, we could have just drafted a Linebacker later in the draft.  We would have been better off with a guy like Eddie Baker, now of the Bears, taken in round 4, who, as a safety has done much better than Peppers.  Or Budda Baker, taken in round 2 by the Cards.

    Point is, this guy needs to step up more in his primary role as a DB/KR......(and so does Njoku).  Lets not have these guys become just another Ghost of Browns first round picks past.....pretty much all of whom have been busts for the last 10 years.

    @the-gipper said:

    Calloway?  No,  it should be Peppers.  OK, maybe he is dinged up a bit.   But he has still sucked balls as a punt returner.  Half the reason we took him in round one was for his supposed return abilities....because it was admitted that his coverage skill were deficient.  He may do all right as an in the box safety....but I suggest that we could have gotten what we have gotten out of him from like a 5th round pick.   If he can't return picks, if he can't cover, if he can't intercept a ball (when was the last time that happened?).....if all he can do is tackle in the box, we could have just drafted a Linebacker later in the draft.  We would have been better off with a guy like Eddie Baker, now of the Bears, taken in round 4, who, as a safety has done much better than Peppers.  Or Budda Baker, taken in round 2 by the Cards.

    Point is, this guy needs to step up more in his primary role as a DB/KR......(and so does Njoku).  Lets not have these guys become just another Ghost of Browns first round picks past.....pretty much all of whom have been busts for the last 10 years.

    It's hard to argue with you, and this is why so many people did NOT want Jabril Peppers, ESPECIALLY drafted in the first round.  Many of us wanted Buddah Baker, and we didn't understand drafting Peppers because we were SO BAD, and here we are picking a guy that didn't have a defined position.  Like you said, he was supposed to have SOME impact as a special teams, he was EVEN supposed to make an impact on offense, depending on who you talked to.  Your point about picking someone who can do similar things in a later round could be valid, but in Pepper's defense, he really seems to be shining in his new role, and he NEVER should've been a freaking free safety.  That was a stupid and incompetent decision made from desperation because we somehow didn't have a free safety on an NFL roster.  That doesn't even seem POSSIBLE.

    Peppers is playing some decent, if not really good, football right now. He's tackling, his passion is contagious, and he's making a difference on defense.  Our entire defense is playing well, and he's a part of that.  

  • It's just not worth going over this fir the hundredth time with the same people/person. Especially now that we're adding in a distorted remembering of facts and events. 

  • i might have to.get a peppers color rush jersey to go along with me #95 i picked up last week. Just to be annoying to the fgts here that wont let it go. Plus a peppers jersey prob isnt in too high demand....?

  • i might have to.get a peppers color rush jersey to go along with me #95 i picked up last week. Just to be annoying to the fgts here that wont let it go. Plus a peppers jersey prob isnt in too high demand....?

    @clevfan4life said:

    i might have to.get a peppers color rush jersey to go along with me #95 i picked up last week. Just to be annoying to the fgts here that wont let it go. Plus a peppers jersey prob isnt in too high demand....?

    Getting the super popular jersey that everyone has is lame anyway. Joe Thomas is awesome, but I never wanted his jersey. 

  • It's just not worth going over this fir the hundredth time with the same people/person. Especially now that we're adding in a distorted remembering of facts and events. 

    @mld-woody said:

    It's just not worth going over this fir the hundredth time with the same people/person. Especially now that we're adding in a distorted remembering of facts and events. 

    There is nothing to "go over".  The facts are the facts.  There is nothing distorted about them.   You just don't like them and you will try to do whatever you can to try to weasel your way around them.

    I am not saying at the time that the Browns should not have taken him, based on his scouting evaluations.  I am saying that he hasn't done much of the job he was brought here to do.  Now, maybe he WAS overevaluated....and that is not really his fault. He is what he is.....but he is not what many people thought he could be.    He has to step up  a long way to become that. Start with staying on the field and giving the Browns some decent field position with some decent punt returns. ....as he was projected to do, and not just be a complete statue of liberty.

  • So Landry just started returning punts part way through the last game. No real pub about it. Overshadowed by other things l suppose.

    Yet there he was, multi million heart of the wideouts guy returning punts. 

    Interesting move and all, but l dunno. Thoughts?

    @ibleedbrown said:

    So Landry just started returning punts part way through the last game. No real pub about it. Overshadowed by other things l suppose.

    Yet there he was, multi million heart of the wideouts guy returning punts. 

    Interesting move and all, but l dunno. Thoughts?

    Stupid move.  I hope we don't do that again.