Skip to content

Bradley Chubb who?

The Browns Board
9 7 560
  • Screenshot_20180929-132059_Bleacher Report.jpg

  • Just maybe, finally- we hit on one of those 5th round studs. Steelers have made a living digging up gold in the later rounds. I'm not forgetting if Callaway can stay out of trouble, he's going to be a pretty decent replacement for Gordon too.  🙂  

  • i could be wrong here cause i havent watched a broncos game, but chubb is likely being used as an every down DE. Avery right now is a pass rush specialist and major liability on running plays. 

    I actually tho did not realize he was a rook and we drafted him. Thought he was a 2nd ir 3rd year player. So im not unimpressed. But honestly chris smith has impressed me the most out of our DE's not named myles

  • Avery was one of those Day 3 players I sniffed out playing the First-Pick, draft sim.

    Hunting for a Day 3 LB... his name popped up a few times... which lead to his Combine numbers at DraftScout (which were PDG)... which led to some film... which led to him making part of my Browns draft prediction.

    IIRC he was one of two players we drafted that was in my mock.

    If it hadn't been for the game, I don't think I'd have ever looked at the guy.

    1940535842_Screenshot_2018-09-29AveryNFLDraftScout.png.09e12c04c0af62066fd221de4886bff1.png

  • he was an ILB at memphis?

  • Williams has said we have more plays designed to get him to rush the QB than any other player. They rate him very highly 

  • he was an ILB at memphis?

    @clevfan4life said:

    he was an ILB at memphis?

    Played more OLB than inside IIRC...

    Sadly DraftBreakdown is no more, but there are still some of Avery's tapes on youtube. Here's his 2017 highlight reel. He's #6 at ROLB.

    His rush skills are on display, but there are some really good plays with him in coverage as well.

  • Just maybe, finally- we hit on one of those 5th round studs. Steelers have made a living digging up gold in the later rounds. I'm not forgetting if Callaway can stay out of trouble, he's going to be a pretty decent replacement for Gordon too.  🙂  

    @hoorta said:

    Just maybe, finally- we hit on one of those 5th round studs. Steelers have made a living digging up gold in the later rounds. I'm not forgetting if Callaway can stay out of trouble, he's going to be a pretty decent replacement for Gordon too.  🙂  

    Just having Callaway show up in pads on Sundays is already an upgrade.  I'm glad the Exorcist for troubled minds and souls in NE can now worry about getting Gordon on the field after Corey Coleman and Kenny Britt exhausted his efforts... 

  • Got a good 5th rounder for next year if he comes out. Look at the top of the list.   ? 

    https://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/stats/leaders/NCAAF/PUNTAVG