Good old Hue Jackson
-
-
fire the coach after a game we scored 42 pts in. When was the last time we had that many rushing and passing yds to.go along with that many pts?
obviously something is starting to.click.....but yeah tear it all up. Fuk it, trade baker now while we can get sonething
-
It's a shotgun wedding between Hue and Dorsey orchestrated by the haslams. Shotgun marriages just don't work. You'll see.
-
It's a shotgun wedding between Hue and Dorsey orchestrated by the haslams. Shotgun marriages just don't work. You'll see.
It's a shotgun wedding between Hue and Dorsey orchestrated by the haslams. Shotgun marriages just don't work. You'll see.
Yes, eventually there will likely have to be a shotgun divorce.
-
everytime this team achieves some semblance of competency its never enough for this fanbase and it all gets thrown out and we're back to having a top 3 pick. STOP
-
I think he has until midseason. 4 more games to set things right.
I have a feeling he's here for the year. I'm hoping Dorsey is looking or possibly grooming but I doubt he stays in house. Interim coaches never works well and wouldn't make much sense. But until we're rid of the huebatross, pitchforks and torches it shall be.
-
We could complain about Baker's fumbles- but the ints? The first hits Callaway in the hands, and the second is as good as a punt. Speaking of- how many dropped psses in that game?
This. All of this. Can you remember a game with so many dropped passes? I think we had one two years ago, but this one was especially awful because we should have won. As funny as THAT sounds. God I hate to say this....but...it really makes you wonder about trading Josh Gordon. He was ten minutes late one day and he wasn't himself...big deal. Is that worth losing games? I guess the answer was yes, because that's exactly what is happening.
How many drops did Callaway have? I don't care if he slipped on that pick-6, the ball hit both of his hands. Had he not slipped, the ball would've been perfect. Regardless, the ball hit both hands. That cost us 7 points. Want more? How about the dropped 2 point conversion? You can literally see him lose focus and fail to secure the ball. He lazily tries to catch it thinking the defender won't try to knock it loose. What a moron. Callaway costs us 9 points, just by HIMSELF.
It's tough to be angry at Jarvis Landry, but I gotta tell ya, his drops are really starting to piss me off. There was a very difficult catch he could've made late in the game on 3rd down, but he didn't come up with it. Would've been incredible, but you know what? He gets paid for incredible. We NEED that from him to win because all the OTHER bozos can't catch. This same play is also on Baker. The throw was too high, AND he had Duke Johnson wide azz open in the flat who would've EASILY gotten the first down. It was also a very simple throw. Duke flails his arms in dire frustration, and I don't blame him.
It it time to talk about Njoku? Because Chief Turd is REALLY starting to get on my nerves. I'm not sure we can keep throwing him the ball. He's a one man drive killer. He doesn't just drop 4-5 yard passes, noooooo....Njoku drops 20 yarders. He drops catch and run opportunities. He drops the hopes and dreams of a football nation every time he takes the field. I have a new nickname for him. Instead of "The Chief", he will henceforth be known as "The Queef". Because he stinks and he's full of hot air.
Don't worry Higgins, I'm getting to you. You didn't really think I forgot about the dropped 3rd down on the first drive of the game did you? IMMEDIATELY after our best WR drops one, Higgins wants everyone to know that HE can drop one too! Not only that, but Higgins dropped a first down. Way to go! Your rookie's first start and you idiots drop the first two throws? LOL LOL LOL
Here's what's sad. Here's what it really comes down to. We weren't going to win this game. We were up 14 and I said in the chat room that we had the smallest 14 point lead in history. Our team isn't used to playing with a LEAD. I mean, come on people. Look at the New Orleans game. I was THERE. I knew we had no chance. Just like we weren't going to win this game. It was so comical. The immediate Baker fumble. Then the fumbled snap? Lol! I know it hurts to lose, believe me I know, but come on....that's funny. It's how we knew we would lose. You just....FELT it.
I can't blame Hue Jackson for this one. What did he do? He didn't drop passes over and over again. He didn't throw interceptions. He didn't fumble the snap. He wasn't playing defense on the drive where the entire universe knew the Raiders would march down the field and score ever so easily. Hue didn't overturn the spot of the ball. It's the coaches job to put his players in position to win. Hue did that in every single game. Players make plays. Or in our case, players DON'T make plays.
This. All of this. Can you remember a game with so many dropped passes? I think we had one two years ago, but this one was especially awful because we should have won. As funny as THAT sounds. God I hate to say this....but...it really makes you wonder about trading Josh Gordon. He was ten minutes late one day and he wasn't himself...big deal. Is that worth losing games? I guess the answer was yes, because that's exactly what is happening.
How many drops did Callaway have? I don't care if he slipped on that pick-6, the ball hit both of his hands. Had he not slipped, the ball would've been perfect. Regardless, the ball hit both hands. That cost us 7 points. Want more? How about the dropped 2 point conversion? You can literally see him lose focus and fail to secure the ball. He lazily tries to catch it thinking the defender won't try to knock it loose. What a moron. Callaway costs us 9 points, just by HIMSELF.
It's tough to be angry at Jarvis Landry, but I gotta tell ya, his drops are really starting to piss me off. There was a very difficult catch he could've made late in the game on 3rd down, but he didn't come up with it. Would've been incredible, but you know what? He gets paid for incredible. We NEED that from him to win because all the OTHER bozos can't catch. This same play is also on Baker. The throw was too high, AND he had Duke Johnson wide azz open in the flat who would've EASILY gotten the first down. It was also a very simple throw. Duke flails his arms in dire frustration, and I don't blame him.
It it time to talk about Njoku? Because Chief Turd is REALLY starting to get on my nerves. I'm not sure we can keep throwing him the ball. He's a one man drive killer. He doesn't just drop 4-5 yard passes, noooooo....Njoku drops 20 yarders. He drops catch and run opportunities. He drops the hopes and dreams of a football nation every time he takes the field. I have a new nickname for him. Instead of "The Chief", he will henceforth be known as "The Queef". Because he stinks and he's full of hot air.
Don't worry Higgins, I'm getting to you. You didn't really think I forgot about the dropped 3rd down on the first drive of the game did you? IMMEDIATELY after our best WR drops one, Higgins wants everyone to know that HE can drop one too! Not only that, but Higgins dropped a first down. Way to go! Your rookie's first start and you idiots drop the first two throws? LOL LOL LOL
Here's what's sad. Here's what it really comes down to. We weren't going to win this game. We were up 14 and I said in the chat room that we had the smallest 14 point lead in history. Our team isn't used to playing with a LEAD. I mean, come on people. Look at the New Orleans game. I was THERE. I knew we had no chance. Just like we weren't going to win this game. It was so comical. The immediate Baker fumble. Then the fumbled snap? Lol! I know it hurts to lose, believe me I know, but come on....that's funny. It's how we knew we would lose. You just....FELT it.
I can't blame Hue Jackson for this one. What did he do? He didn't drop passes over and over again. He didn't throw interceptions. He didn't fumble the snap. He wasn't playing defense on the drive where the entire universe knew the Raiders would march down the field and score ever so easily. Hue didn't overturn the spot of the ball. It's the coaches job to put his players in position to win. Hue did that in every single game. Players make plays. Or in our case, players DON'T make plays.
i know what you are saying... but guess what.....the coach always gets blamed because come game day, he is the ceo.....and when you are what....2-32-1....he may not make it thru the season looking at what is ahead with the schedule...maybe we should have hired him as the qb coach......
-
This. All of this. Can you remember a game with so many dropped passes? I think we had one two years ago, but this one was especially awful because we should have won. As funny as THAT sounds. God I hate to say this....but...it really makes you wonder about trading Josh Gordon. He was ten minutes late one day and he wasn't himself...big deal. Is that worth losing games? I guess the answer was yes, because that's exactly what is happening.
How many drops did Callaway have? I don't care if he slipped on that pick-6, the ball hit both of his hands. Had he not slipped, the ball would've been perfect. Regardless, the ball hit both hands. That cost us 7 points. Want more? How about the dropped 2 point conversion? You can literally see him lose focus and fail to secure the ball. He lazily tries to catch it thinking the defender won't try to knock it loose. What a moron. Callaway costs us 9 points, just by HIMSELF.
It's tough to be angry at Jarvis Landry, but I gotta tell ya, his drops are really starting to piss me off. There was a very difficult catch he could've made late in the game on 3rd down, but he didn't come up with it. Would've been incredible, but you know what? He gets paid for incredible. We NEED that from him to win because all the OTHER bozos can't catch. This same play is also on Baker. The throw was too high, AND he had Duke Johnson wide azz open in the flat who would've EASILY gotten the first down. It was also a very simple throw. Duke flails his arms in dire frustration, and I don't blame him.
It it time to talk about Njoku? Because Chief Turd is REALLY starting to get on my nerves. I'm not sure we can keep throwing him the ball. He's a one man drive killer. He doesn't just drop 4-5 yard passes, noooooo....Njoku drops 20 yarders. He drops catch and run opportunities. He drops the hopes and dreams of a football nation every time he takes the field. I have a new nickname for him. Instead of "The Chief", he will henceforth be known as "The Queef". Because he stinks and he's full of hot air.
Don't worry Higgins, I'm getting to you. You didn't really think I forgot about the dropped 3rd down on the first drive of the game did you? IMMEDIATELY after our best WR drops one, Higgins wants everyone to know that HE can drop one too! Not only that, but Higgins dropped a first down. Way to go! Your rookie's first start and you idiots drop the first two throws? LOL LOL LOL
Here's what's sad. Here's what it really comes down to. We weren't going to win this game. We were up 14 and I said in the chat room that we had the smallest 14 point lead in history. Our team isn't used to playing with a LEAD. I mean, come on people. Look at the New Orleans game. I was THERE. I knew we had no chance. Just like we weren't going to win this game. It was so comical. The immediate Baker fumble. Then the fumbled snap? Lol! I know it hurts to lose, believe me I know, but come on....that's funny. It's how we knew we would lose. You just....FELT it.
I can't blame Hue Jackson for this one. What did he do? He didn't drop passes over and over again. He didn't throw interceptions. He didn't fumble the snap. He wasn't playing defense on the drive where the entire universe knew the Raiders would march down the field and score ever so easily. Hue didn't overturn the spot of the ball. It's the coaches job to put his players in position to win. Hue did that in every single game. Players make plays. Or in our case, players DON'T make plays.
i know what you are saying... but guess what.....the coach always gets blamed because come game day, he is the ceo.....and when you are what....2-32-1....he may not make it thru the season looking at what is ahead with the schedule...maybe we should have hired him as the qb coach......
i know what you are saying... but guess what.....the coach always gets blamed because come game day, he is the ceo.....and when you are what....2-32-1....he may not make it thru the season looking at what is ahead with the schedule...maybe we should have hired him as the qb coach......
The schedule is NO joke. Ravens next and that's a nasty loss. Baker enjoyed a clean pocket against the Raiders. He'll now get introduced to Suggs, who destroys us every time. Ravens game is auto-loss. Bucs game is 50/50, but it's on the road, so probably a heartbreaking loss. I'm struggling to find a win.
Remember that talk about us having the best WRs in the league? BWAHAHA BWAHAHA BWAHAHA BWAHAHA.
I won't say we have the WORST, but we're definitely in the bottom half. Callaway sure is good at getting open deep. Too bad we don't have anyone who can consistently THROW it to him. Well, I guess that would mean he'd actually have to CATCH it, which seems like a giant issue for "Braylon Edwards Jr".
The only reason we have to watch is Baker Mayfield, and he'll keep on making mistakes because he's a rookie. Baker and Myles, that's about it. Expect Baker to have another two fumbles this weekend, and that will continue until he learns to protect the ball. Hopefully he catches on soon because I think he's going to be really good....eventually.
But for now? We're screwed. Just how it is. Just have to hope Baker stays healthy and protects the ball. That way it can at least be fun while we invent new ways to lose and crush our fanbase.
-
He wants black Tarkenton back in.
He wants black Tarkenton back in.
LMAO...post of the decade.
-
IMHO, MAJOR Hue mistake.........
I would have considered doing two things on fourth down:
1--Go for it. If you can't get a foot on a QB sneak with an athletic QB,, you shouldn't be in the league.
or........
2--Line up to go for it and try to draw them off sides on a hard count. At least try it. If it doesn't work, call time out and punt.
To me that's where we failed as a coaching staff. We had TO's to burn.
Any decent coach would have done that.
-
IMHO, MAJOR Hue mistake.........
I would have considered doing two things on fourth down:
1--Go for it. If you can't get a foot on a QB sneak with an athletic QB,, you shouldn't be in the league.
or........
2--Line up to go for it and try to draw them off sides on a hard count. At least try it. If it doesn't work, call time out and punt.
To me that's where we failed as a coaching staff. We had TO's to burn.
Any decent coach would have done that.
IMHO, MAJOR Hue mistake.........
I would have considered doing two things on fourth down:
1--Go for it. If you can't get a foot on a QB sneak with an athletic QB,, you shouldn't be in the league.
or........
2--Line up to go for it and try to draw them off sides on a hard count. At least try it. If it doesn't work, call time out and punt.
To me that's where we failed as a coaching staff. We had TO's to burn.
Any decent coach would have done that.
Since when have you ever believed that we had a decent coach?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login