Skip to content

Why was Amos Jones hired

The Browns Board
43 22 1.4k 1
  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I've seen the Cleveland Browns field some of the very best special team units in the league. But we had better coaches then too.

    It has literally been years.

    @dste-ace said:

    It has literally been years.

    You could even say decades.

  • I posted this very subject the morning after the Jets game.  He is terrible. 

  • The special teams were great under Brad Seely 2009-2010.

    They were passable under Chris Tabor 2011-2017

    They awful under Amos Alonzo Fagg.

    I've never seen us worse on punt returns, and it is not the punter's fault, his kicks are long with plenty of air. The gunners aren't getting there, and when they do, they don't tackle well.

    None of the special teams units are good right now, none of them.

    Zombo

  • Anus Jones must GO!!

  • take wylie with him at the end of the year. I want Joe running the O line

  • The special teams were great under Brad Seely 2009-2010.

    They were passable under Chris Tabor 2011-2017

    They awful under Amos Alonzo Fagg.

    I've never seen us worse on punt returns, and it is not the punter's fault, his kicks are long with plenty of air. The gunners aren't getting there, and when they do, they don't tackle well.

    None of the special teams units are good right now, none of them.

    Zombo

    Zombo said:

    None of the special teams units are good right now, none of them.

    Zombo

    On a positive note...our new kicker looked much more solid this week.

  • Zombo said:

    None of the special teams units are good right now, none of them.

    Zombo

    On a positive note...our new kicker looked much more solid this week.

    @mark-o said:

    On a positive note...our new kicker looked much more solid this week.

    Yep. Now that we blew two wins with a kicker that not only sucked, but was injured too

    Way to come out of camp prepared for the Season, Shamos Blows!

    Z

  • Back when l was younger and more athletic, l ran track. More specifically, l was a hurdler.

    When you are a hurdler, there are 2 events to deal with. The 110 M and 300 M hurdles. The 110 was the event that we all gave a shìt about. The glory event. The Coup de gras of hurdling. The only thing that mattered.

    The 300 was the ugly redheaded stepsister with gonnoreah event for hurdlers. No one wanted to deal with that.

    I get the impression that being a special teams coach is akin to the 300 M hurdles. The few that care only care because they suck at the 110, and they suck because they suck but they are there because they care.

    My last year running l realized l sucked so l cared about the 300. I managed a few points for my team with that philosophy.

    With this in mind, yeah, make Josh Cribbs the ST coach. Seriously. Caring about it is half the battle here, and if being a ST coach is a microcosm of being a head coach, then give him an assistant who knows kicking and a Moneyball assistant type and let him lead and inspire.

  • I am tired of excuses for losing.

    Obviously we had the talent to match up with all four of our opponents, be we could only manage one win.

    If we lose to Baltimore at home, I think the entire coaching staff should be fired after being forced to watch Amos Jones being dragged outside and shot.

    Z

  • I am tired of excuses for losing.

    Obviously we had the talent to match up with all four of our opponents, be we could only manage one win.

    If we lose to Baltimore at home, I think the entire coaching staff should be fired after being forced to watch Amos Jones being dragged outside and shot.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I am tired of excuses for losing.

    Obviously we had the talent to match up with all four of our opponents, be we could on manage one win.

    If we lose to Baltimore at home, I think the entire coaching staff should be fired after being forced to watch Amos Jones being dragged outside and shot.

    Z

    I know I shouldn't, but I laughed a lot to this.

  • I am tired of excuses for losing.

    Obviously we had the talent to match up with all four of our opponents, be we could only manage one win.

    If we lose to Baltimore at home, I think the entire coaching staff should be fired after being forced to watch Amos Jones being dragged outside and shot.

    Z

    Zombo said:

    I am tired of excuses for losing.

    Obviously we had the talent to match up with all four of our opponents, be we could only manage one win.

    If we lose to Baltimore at home, I think the entire coaching staff should be fired after being forced to watch Amos Jones being dragged outside and shot.

    Z

    Hate to say it, but loser mentality starts at the top.   

    When you have a team that constantly, constantly constantly is in position to win, but does not, it is primarily because of the fortitude and strength of its leaders, and specifically its HC......because you can see how there is talent here, it just has to be  managed properly for it to live up to its potential.

    Hue is NOT the guy to take us into the next phase, I do not believe.

    To me it is kind of like the Rams.    They had the talent, but nothing could come of it.  But then they fired  Fisher and brought in McKay who has turned everything around.   I think that is what will ultimately have to be what happens here.   A new HC will be hired, and maybe this talent can take off.  

    Or maybe another example is when they let Sam Rutigliano go and brought in Marty.  The team takes off and makes the playoffs for at least 5 years after that.

    I mean can anyone here honestly say that they see Hue as the HC of the Browns winning future.

  • Zombo said:

    I am tired of excuses for losing.

    Obviously we had the talent to match up with all four of our opponents, be we could only manage one win.

    If we lose to Baltimore at home, I think the entire coaching staff should be fired after being forced to watch Amos Jones being dragged outside and shot.

    Z

    Hate to say it, but loser mentality starts at the top.   

    When you have a team that constantly, constantly constantly is in position to win, but does not, it is primarily because of the fortitude and strength of its leaders, and specifically its HC......because you can see how there is talent here, it just has to be  managed properly for it to live up to its potential.

    Hue is NOT the guy to take us into the next phase, I do not believe.

    To me it is kind of like the Rams.    They had the talent, but nothing could come of it.  But then they fired  Fisher and brought in McKay who has turned everything around.   I think that is what will ultimately have to be what happens here.   A new HC will be hired, and maybe this talent can take off.  

    Or maybe another example is when they let Sam Rutigliano go and brought in Marty.  The team takes off and makes the playoffs for at least 5 years after that.

    I mean can anyone here honestly say that they see Hue as the HC of the Browns winning future.

    @the-gipper said:

    Hate to say it, but loser mentality starts at the top.   

    When you have a team that constantly, constantly constantly is in position to win, but does not, it is primarily because of the fortitude and strength of its leaders, and specifically its HC......because you can see how there is talent here, it just has to be  managed properly for it to live up to its potential.

    Hue is NOT the guy to take us into the next phase, I do not believe.

    To me it is kind of like the Rams.    They had the talent, but nothing could come of it.  But then they fired  Fisher and brought in McKay who has turned everything around.   I think that is what will ultimately have to be what happens here.   A new HC will be hired, and maybe this talent can take off.  

    Or maybe another example is when they let Sam Rutigliano go and brought in Marty.  The team takes off and makes the playoffs for at least 5 years after that.

    I mean can anyone here honestly say that they see Hue as the HC of the Browns winning future.

    That's correct. Finding a real HC and cutting ties with Hue is the next step. He just isn't the answer. I can never see Hue winning a superbowl.

  • What about Sundays' game said, "loser mentality"/

  • What about Sundays' game said, "loser mentality"/

    @tour2ma said:

    What about Sundays' game said, "loser mentality"/

    Just let them go, Tour... 

  • What about Sundays' game said, "loser mentality"/

    @tour2ma said:

    What about Sundays' game said, "loser mentality"/

    I was driving the fire Hue bus last season but I haven't seen any evidence of him being the cause for any of the losses so far this season.   The team has improved and other than special teams blowing goats, the team is much improved.

  • What about Sundays' game said, "loser mentality"/

    @tour2ma said:

    What about Sundays' game said, "loser mentality"/

    They found a way to lose that’s what I’m saying the matter how hard they play or whatever there’s always something that causes this team to lose and it’s usually comes down to coachingThey found a way to lose that’s what I’m saying the matter how hard they play or whatever there’s always something that causes this team to lose and it’s usually comes down to coaching

  • You want the worst coach in NFL history to pick a good ST coach. That's just not gonna happen. 

  • You want the worst coach in NFL history to pick a good ST coach. That's just not gonna happen. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    You want the worst coach in NFL history to pick a good ST coach. That's just not gonna happen. 

    Well we have two good coordinators

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    You want the worst coach in NFL history to pick a good ST coach. That's just not gonna happen. 

    Well we have two good coordinators

    @mld-woody said:

    Well we have two good coordinators

    Rams are doing better or worse without Williams? Special teams coach any good? OC? Maybe. My question is...which two? Their previous team didn't want them back. They must have been expendable to them. Why are they imperative to keep? I mean after all is said and done, they still suck.

  • This notion that Williams sucks because our D had one bad game is crazy. I know this forum loves overreacting but come on...