Skip to content

A Case For Hue

The Browns Board
237 40 5.2k 1
  • @londonbrown said:

    Sigh. 

    A68853CC-C781-424D-843A-1922A6D46440.jpeg

    Like I said. Hue BLOWS

    @ghoolie said:

    Like I said. Hue BLOWS

    I just called 9-1-1 for you and as soon as they heard Ghoolie they asked me to hold.  Hang in there man!

  • You follow Pete Smith LondonBrown?

    Explains a TON. 

  • So... is the idea now to feed the troll until he explodes?

    I can kick in "a wafer thin mint"...

    ... and suggest a screen name change to Mr. Creosote.

  • @tour2ma said:

    I watched that JB run live and was slack-jawed...

    ...and look at how cool our uni's were back then.  (rare that we were in our brown jersey.  just like the Cowboys, they hardly ever wore their blue.)

    @orion said:

    ...and look at how cool our uni's were back then.  (rare that we were in our brown jersey.  just like the Cowboys, they hardly ever wore their blue.)

    That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

  • As long as he's still here, this is the only case for Hue that'll help....

    Lot-Of-Tequila.jpg

  • @ghoolie said:

    Dude, you are really fukced up. My saying Barkley was the best pick int he 2018 draft is trolling? Seriously, you need some fukcing help. Baker would have been available at #4. Barkley is a great back.

    Barkley may be the best player out of the draft, maybe not, we are less than a half season in. Remember RG3? Yea the same one who won the ROY. And RBs aren't nearly as conducive to winning. Look at the one you are touting. Barkley (as the best player in the draft) has 1 win. Had over 200 yards on Thursday and lost by 20+.

    As for your premise that Baker would have been there at 4, probably not. Had Barkley not been available, the NYG probably do the smart thing and take a QB (probably Darnold). Then the NYJ had already traded up to 3, and did so to draft a QB. They were most closely linked to BM pre draft. Had it actually worked out in your scenario, the Browns then have Baker and Barkley, yet no Ward who is at the moment the DROY, and a BIG part of the D.

    I am in a generous mood, so I wont go after you and your premise about how great you are, at least not today

    @gunz41 said:

    Barkley may be the best player out of the draft, maybe not, we are less than a half season in. Remember RG3? Yea the same one who won the ROY. And RBs aren't nearly as conducive to winning. Look at the one you are touting. Barkley (as the best player in the draft) has 1 win. Had over 200 yards on Thursday and lost by 20+.

    As for your premise that Baker would have been there at 4, probably not. Had Barkley not been available, the NYG probably do the smart thing and take a QB (probably Darnold). Then the NYJ had already traded up to 3, and did so to draft a QB. They were most closely linked to BM pre draft. Had it actually worked out in your scenario, the Browns then have Baker and Barkley, yet no Ward who is at the moment the DROY, and a BIG part of the D.

    I am in a generous mood, so I wont go after you and your premise about how great you are, at least not today

    He's great at Flamebaiting, the undisputed Champ in that regard. 

    I won't feed Mr. Troll anymore in this thread. But sure- Saquon was probably the best player in this draft that wasn't a quarterback. Franchise QB trumps anything else by a large margin. He's sticking his head in the sand (as usual) when it's been pointed out the Giants aren't going to be doing doo-doo until they replace a washed up Eli Manning, and probably can Pat Shure-loss on top of it. I freaking hate Stephen A Smith- but I did love it when he laid into Shure-loss essentially calling him an in over his head clueless offensive coordinator wannabe head coach. 

    BTW I totally agree Baker wouldn't have been there at #4 for us, as you said the Jets would almost certainly have taken him. 

    I'm tired of pointing out- a great RB is a nice complimentary piece- assuming you already have a franchise QB, (Rams, Gurley\Goff) but the Browns sure as hell didn't have one before the draft.  LOL, Brady has won how many Super Bowls, and I'd bet $1,000 bucks Trollie couldn't name three of their running backs in that stretch without looking. 

    Oh- Trollie was spouting off how we blew it passing on Wentz to take Coleman (he was far from the only one with that opinion), so no bonus points there. Now we take a QB first, and all of a sudden Barkley was the right pick? F- that crap. Guy plays whatever side of the fence suits his argument. 

  • @ghoolie said:

    Again, nobody here has been as accurate as I. NOBODY.

    DRUw.gif      I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo Lynch?   

    @gumby73 said:

    DRUw.gif      I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo Lynch?   

    mr gambini.....mr gambini....what is a yute.....heh heh heh...

  • @orion said:

    ...and look at how cool our uni's were back then.  (rare that we were in our brown jersey.  just like the Cowboys, they hardly ever wore their blue.)

    That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

    @tour2ma said:

    That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

    Back then us and the Cowboys almost always wore the white jerseys....home or away.

  • @orion said:

    ...and look at how cool our uni's were back then.  (rare that we were in our brown jersey.  just like the Cowboys, they hardly ever wore their blue.)

    That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

    @tour2ma said:

    That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

    Are you sure about that?

    There's been some teams that have worn their white jerseys at home on the regular, like the Browns and Cowboys, but I can't think of a time period in the NFL's history where this was standard for the entire league. I've read that your theory was the reason the Cowboys wore their whites (along with the heat of Texas)… 

  • @gumby73 said:

    DRUw.gif      I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo Lynch?   

    mr gambini.....mr gambini....what is a yute.....heh heh heh...

    @browns52 said:

      I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo?

    mr gambini.....mr gambini....what is a yute.....heh heh heh...

    I'm happy to report, for a reason I can't explain my Mod Powers have been mysteriously upgraded......   Ghoolie's leash just got a lot shorter.   🙂   

  • @browns52 said:

      I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo?

    mr gambini.....mr gambini....what is a yute.....heh heh heh...

    I'm happy to report, for a reason I can't explain my Mod Powers have been mysteriously upgraded......   Ghoolie's leash just got a lot shorter.   🙂   

    @hoorta said:

    I'm happy to report,   

    it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

    from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

  • @hoorta said:

    I'm happy to report,   

    it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

    from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

    @gumby73 said:

    it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

    from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

    Amazing, isn't it? 

    I seriously don't know what some posters would ever talk about if Hue got fired, since he's all they ever talk about. 

  • @hoorta said:

    I'm happy to report,   

    it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

    from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

    @gumby73 said:

    it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

    from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

    In the past three years...that equals what? 3 wins. Look out dance hall, it's party time!

    A case for Hue?

     He makes rookie head coaches look genius like?

  • @tour2ma said:

    That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

    Are you sure about that?

    There's been some teams that have worn their white jerseys at home on the regular, like the Browns and Cowboys, but I can't think of a time period in the NFL's history where this was standard for the entire league. I've read that your theory was the reason the Cowboys wore their whites (along with the heat of Texas)… 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Are you sure about that?

    There's been some teams that have worn their white jerseys at home on the regular, like the Browns and Cowboys, but I can't think of a time period in the NFL's history where this was standard for the entire league. I've read that your theory was the reason the Cowboys wore their whites (along with the heat of Texas)… 

    Yup, I am...

    It was the policy, which is not the same as a hard and fast rule. The Old, Yankee Stadium NYGs almost exclusively wore their Blue jerseys at home. They were one of the exceptions.

  • @gumby73 said:

    it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

    from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

    Amazing, isn't it? 

    I seriously don't know what some posters would ever talk about if Hue got fired, since he's all they ever talk about. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Amazing, isn't it? 

    I seriously don't know what some posters would ever talk about if Hue got fired, since he's all they ever talk about. 

     I said it here last week and its definitely true of the shit I'm scrolling through today.   There are people who visit this board who are definitely happier when the Browns lose than they are when they win.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Amazing, isn't it? 

    I seriously don't know what some posters would ever talk about if Hue got fired, since he's all they ever talk about. 

     I said it here last week and its definitely true of the shit I'm scrolling through today.   There are people who visit this board who are definitely happier when the Browns lose than they are when they win.  

    @mark-o said:

     I said it here last week and its definitely true of the Sheet I'm scrolling through today.   There are people who visit this board who are definitely happier when the Browns lose than they are when they win.  

    Without a doubt. 

    There's one guy specifically that is so obvious in his rooting AGAINST the team he allegedly loves, . Then again, his love for the Browns is a fairly new one. 

  • Some good obvious stuff on twitter being posted of late. Unfortunately some are happy to go along as we are because otherwise you’re just being negative and want the Browns to lose  

    Whats the definition of insanity again..?

    1AFBB65C-D528-4C7A-A955-26B6F61E68A7.jpeg

  • Some good obvious stuff on twitter being posted of late. Unfortunately some are happy to go along as we are because otherwise you’re just being negative and want the Browns to lose  

    Whats the definition of insanity again..?

    1AFBB65C-D528-4C7A-A955-26B6F61E68A7.jpeg

    @londonbrown said:

    Some good obvious stuff on twitter being posted of late. Unfortunately some are happy to go along as we are because otherwise you’re just being negative and want the Browns to lose  

    Who's going to coach the team if you fire Hue in the middle of the season?   What effect will that have on the either offensive or defensive units when the head coordinator is now the head coach?  When has a team firing its coach in the middle of the season actually made much of a difference?

    He's not going anywhere this early in the season.  It's not going to happen.  The team is still 2-3-1, still "in the hunt for the playoffs" though I don't think that's a reality this season.   The Jags (who are a good team with high expectations) just got their asses handed to them by a very average Cowboys team.  Should they fire their coach too?

    This is all a discussion for after the season and we see how the rest of the season plays out.   But the fire Hue crowd really needs to give it a rest because it just ain't happening at this point in the season.

  • Yeah I agree waiting to end of season is best but the title of this thread is about keeping him long term. 

    My posts have been reasons for there being no “case for Hue”. 

  • Yeah I agree waiting to end of season is best but the title of this thread is about keeping him long term. 

    My posts have been reasons for there being no “case for Hue”. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Yeah I agree waiting to end of season is best but the title of this thread is about keeping him long term. 

    My posts have been reasons for there being no “case for Hue”. 

    But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation.