Skip to content

A Case For Hue

The Browns Board
237 40 5.2k 1
  • @ghoolie said:

    Again, nobody here has been as accurate as I. NOBODY.

    DRUw.gif      I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo Lynch?   

    @gumby73 said:

    DRUw.gif      I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo Lynch?   

    mr gambini.....mr gambini....what is a yute.....heh heh heh...

  • @orion said:

    ...and look at how cool our uni's were back then.  (rare that we were in our brown jersey.  just like the Cowboys, they hardly ever wore their blue.)

    That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

    @tour2ma said:

    That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

    Back then us and the Cowboys almost always wore the white jerseys....home or away.

  • @orion said:

    ...and look at how cool our uni's were back then.  (rare that we were in our brown jersey.  just like the Cowboys, they hardly ever wore their blue.)

    That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

    @tour2ma said:

    That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

    Are you sure about that?

    There's been some teams that have worn their white jerseys at home on the regular, like the Browns and Cowboys, but I can't think of a time period in the NFL's history where this was standard for the entire league. I've read that your theory was the reason the Cowboys wore their whites (along with the heat of Texas)… 

  • @gumby73 said:

    DRUw.gif      I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo Lynch?   

    mr gambini.....mr gambini....what is a yute.....heh heh heh...

    @browns52 said:

      I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo?

    mr gambini.....mr gambini....what is a yute.....heh heh heh...

    I'm happy to report, for a reason I can't explain my Mod Powers have been mysteriously upgraded......   Ghoolie's leash just got a lot shorter.   🙂   

  • @browns52 said:

      I'll play..which post before drafted ya want to see? Wait for Nick Chubb/Guice over Barkley? D.Ward over B.Chubb? Baker at #1, Mitchell Trub will suk or Wentz was the pick after Goff?  so far, Hue is still here & where's Waldo?

    mr gambini.....mr gambini....what is a yute.....heh heh heh...

    I'm happy to report, for a reason I can't explain my Mod Powers have been mysteriously upgraded......   Ghoolie's leash just got a lot shorter.   🙂   

    @hoorta said:

    I'm happy to report,   

    it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

    from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

  • @hoorta said:

    I'm happy to report,   

    it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

    from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

    @gumby73 said:

    it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

    from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

    Amazing, isn't it? 

    I seriously don't know what some posters would ever talk about if Hue got fired, since he's all they ever talk about. 

  • @hoorta said:

    I'm happy to report,   

    it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

    from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

    @gumby73 said:

    it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

    from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

    In the past three years...that equals what? 3 wins. Look out dance hall, it's party time!

    A case for Hue?

     He makes rookie head coaches look genius like?

  • @tour2ma said:

    That was back in the day when the official league policy was for the home team to wear their "whites" so the fans could see the colors of all the other teams in the league.

    Are you sure about that?

    There's been some teams that have worn their white jerseys at home on the regular, like the Browns and Cowboys, but I can't think of a time period in the NFL's history where this was standard for the entire league. I've read that your theory was the reason the Cowboys wore their whites (along with the heat of Texas)… 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Are you sure about that?

    There's been some teams that have worn their white jerseys at home on the regular, like the Browns and Cowboys, but I can't think of a time period in the NFL's history where this was standard for the entire league. I've read that your theory was the reason the Cowboys wore their whites (along with the heat of Texas)… 

    Yup, I am...

    It was the policy, which is not the same as a hard and fast rule. The Old, Yankee Stadium NYGs almost exclusively wore their Blue jerseys at home. They were one of the exceptions.

  • @gumby73 said:

    it amazes me, we get up to maybe 2 pages of posters anytime during the week. When the Browns lose, we bust to about 6 pages of pure haters..and than we hear  7O1C.gif           

    from 4 pages of them till we lose again..what a life a true fan has..

    Amazing, isn't it? 

    I seriously don't know what some posters would ever talk about if Hue got fired, since he's all they ever talk about. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Amazing, isn't it? 

    I seriously don't know what some posters would ever talk about if Hue got fired, since he's all they ever talk about. 

     I said it here last week and its definitely true of the shit I'm scrolling through today.   There are people who visit this board who are definitely happier when the Browns lose than they are when they win.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Amazing, isn't it? 

    I seriously don't know what some posters would ever talk about if Hue got fired, since he's all they ever talk about. 

     I said it here last week and its definitely true of the shit I'm scrolling through today.   There are people who visit this board who are definitely happier when the Browns lose than they are when they win.  

    @mark-o said:

     I said it here last week and its definitely true of the Sheet I'm scrolling through today.   There are people who visit this board who are definitely happier when the Browns lose than they are when they win.  

    Without a doubt. 

    There's one guy specifically that is so obvious in his rooting AGAINST the team he allegedly loves, . Then again, his love for the Browns is a fairly new one. 

  • Some good obvious stuff on twitter being posted of late. Unfortunately some are happy to go along as we are because otherwise you’re just being negative and want the Browns to lose  

    Whats the definition of insanity again..?

    1AFBB65C-D528-4C7A-A955-26B6F61E68A7.jpeg

  • Some good obvious stuff on twitter being posted of late. Unfortunately some are happy to go along as we are because otherwise you’re just being negative and want the Browns to lose  

    Whats the definition of insanity again..?

    1AFBB65C-D528-4C7A-A955-26B6F61E68A7.jpeg

    @londonbrown said:

    Some good obvious stuff on twitter being posted of late. Unfortunately some are happy to go along as we are because otherwise you’re just being negative and want the Browns to lose  

    Who's going to coach the team if you fire Hue in the middle of the season?   What effect will that have on the either offensive or defensive units when the head coordinator is now the head coach?  When has a team firing its coach in the middle of the season actually made much of a difference?

    He's not going anywhere this early in the season.  It's not going to happen.  The team is still 2-3-1, still "in the hunt for the playoffs" though I don't think that's a reality this season.   The Jags (who are a good team with high expectations) just got their asses handed to them by a very average Cowboys team.  Should they fire their coach too?

    This is all a discussion for after the season and we see how the rest of the season plays out.   But the fire Hue crowd really needs to give it a rest because it just ain't happening at this point in the season.

  • Yeah I agree waiting to end of season is best but the title of this thread is about keeping him long term. 

    My posts have been reasons for there being no “case for Hue”. 

  • Yeah I agree waiting to end of season is best but the title of this thread is about keeping him long term. 

    My posts have been reasons for there being no “case for Hue”. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Yeah I agree waiting to end of season is best but the title of this thread is about keeping him long term. 

    My posts have been reasons for there being no “case for Hue”. 

    But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation. 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Some good obvious stuff on twitter being posted of late. Unfortunately some are happy to go along as we are because otherwise you’re just being negative and want the Browns to lose  

    Who's going to coach the team if you fire Hue in the middle of the season?   What effect will that have on the either offensive or defensive units when the head coordinator is now the head coach?  When has a team firing its coach in the middle of the season actually made much of a difference?

    He's not going anywhere this early in the season.  It's not going to happen.  The team is still 2-3-1, still "in the hunt for the playoffs" though I don't think that's a reality this season.   The Jags (who are a good team with high expectations) just got their asses handed to them by a very average Cowboys team.  Should they fire their coach too?

    This is all a discussion for after the season and we see how the rest of the season plays out.   But the fire Hue crowd really needs to give it a rest because it just ain't happening at this point in the season.

    @mark-o said:

    Who's going to coach the team if you fire Hue in the middle of the season?   What effect will that have on the either offensive or defensive units when the head coordinator is now the head coach?  When has a team firing its coach in the middle of the season actually made much of a difference?

    He's not going anywhere this early in the season.  It's not going to happen.  The team is still 2-3-1, still "in the hunt for the playoffs" though I don't think that's a reality this season.   The Jags (who are a good team with high expectations) just got their asses handed to them by a very average Cowboys team.  Should they fire their coach too?

    This is all a discussion for after the season and we see how the rest of the season plays out.   But the fire Hue crowd really needs to give it a rest because it just ain't happening at this point in the season.

    They lose 4-5 in a row like they did yesterday, it will happen

  • @londonbrown said:

    Yeah I agree waiting to end of season is best but the title of this thread is about keeping him long term. 

    My posts have been reasons for there being no “case for Hue”. 

    But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation. 

    @mark-o said:

    But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation. 

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

  • @mark-o said:

    But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation. 

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

    You can say that all you like but I hope you're prepared to be disappointed when he isn't fired at the end of the season, especially if they win 8-10 games.

  • @mark-o said:

    But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation. 

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

    @londonbrown said:

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

    Any browns fan would be elated to have 8-10 wins this year, tbh. (Youngest team in the NFL)

    There is loads of talent on offense, yes, but we do have an offensive coordinator who has been doing questionable things. 

    When you say he should be fired “No matter what the record is.” It kind of invalidates your opinion.

    This is not the premier league.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

    Any browns fan would be elated to have 8-10 wins this year, tbh. (Youngest team in the NFL)

    There is loads of talent on offense, yes, but we do have an offensive coordinator who has been doing questionable things. 

    When you say he should be fired “No matter what the record is.” It kind of invalidates your opinion.

    This is not the premier league.

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Any browns fan would be elated to have 8-10 wins this year, tbh. (Youngest team in the NFL)

    There is loads of talent on offense, yes, but we do have an offensive coordinator who has been doing questionable things. 

    When you say he should be fired “No matter what the record is.” It kind of invalidates your opinion.

    This is not the premier league.

    Precisely...   should be fired no matter what.  So the Browns go on a winning streak.  Win the AFC North...win a couple playoff games and then win the Super Bowl and in Londons world.....we fire the coach.   

    I realize that we are extremely unlikely to win the super bowl or even make the playoffs, but to say that he has to be fired no matter what the record at the end of the season is very short sighted.

  • Short sighted lol

    3-34-1

    Nice reference to me being from England though yep it’s definitely not the “premier league”. I hadn’t noticed.