Skip to content

A Case For Hue

The Browns Board
237 40 5.2k 1
  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown

    Yeah I agree waiting to end of season is best but the title of this thread is about keeping him long term. 

    My posts have been reasons for there being no “case for Hue”. 

  • Yeah I agree waiting to end of season is best but the title of this thread is about keeping him long term. 

    My posts have been reasons for there being no “case for Hue”. 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    Yeah I agree waiting to end of season is best but the title of this thread is about keeping him long term. 

    My posts have been reasons for there being no “case for Hue”. 

    But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation. 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Some good obvious stuff on twitter being posted of late. Unfortunately some are happy to go along as we are because otherwise you’re just being negative and want the Browns to lose  

    Who's going to coach the team if you fire Hue in the middle of the season?   What effect will that have on the either offensive or defensive units when the head coordinator is now the head coach?  When has a team firing its coach in the middle of the season actually made much of a difference?

    He's not going anywhere this early in the season.  It's not going to happen.  The team is still 2-3-1, still "in the hunt for the playoffs" though I don't think that's a reality this season.   The Jags (who are a good team with high expectations) just got their asses handed to them by a very average Cowboys team.  Should they fire their coach too?

    This is all a discussion for after the season and we see how the rest of the season plays out.   But the fire Hue crowd really needs to give it a rest because it just ain't happening at this point in the season.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    Who's going to coach the team if you fire Hue in the middle of the season?   What effect will that have on the either offensive or defensive units when the head coordinator is now the head coach?  When has a team firing its coach in the middle of the season actually made much of a difference?

    He's not going anywhere this early in the season.  It's not going to happen.  The team is still 2-3-1, still "in the hunt for the playoffs" though I don't think that's a reality this season.   The Jags (who are a good team with high expectations) just got their asses handed to them by a very average Cowboys team.  Should they fire their coach too?

    This is all a discussion for after the season and we see how the rest of the season plays out.   But the fire Hue crowd really needs to give it a rest because it just ain't happening at this point in the season.

    They lose 4-5 in a row like they did yesterday, it will happen

  • @londonbrown said:

    Yeah I agree waiting to end of season is best but the title of this thread is about keeping him long term. 

    My posts have been reasons for there being no “case for Hue”. 

    But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation. 

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown

    @mark-o said:

    But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation. 

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

  • @mark-o said:

    But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation. 

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

    You can say that all you like but I hope you're prepared to be disappointed when he isn't fired at the end of the season, especially if they win 8-10 games.

  • @mark-o said:

    But you can't say there is no case for Hue.   Have to wait and see how the season plays out.   There is a strong chance he's back again next year.   I still think the team wins 6 or 7 games this year and I don't see him being fired in that situation. 

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

    CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFSC CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

    Any browns fan would be elated to have 8-10 wins this year, tbh. (Youngest team in the NFL)

    There is loads of talent on offense, yes, but we do have an offensive coordinator who has been doing questionable things. 

    When you say he should be fired “No matter what the record is.” It kind of invalidates your opinion.

    This is not the premier league.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

    Any browns fan would be elated to have 8-10 wins this year, tbh. (Youngest team in the NFL)

    There is loads of talent on offense, yes, but we do have an offensive coordinator who has been doing questionable things. 

    When you say he should be fired “No matter what the record is.” It kind of invalidates your opinion.

    This is not the premier league.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Any browns fan would be elated to have 8-10 wins this year, tbh. (Youngest team in the NFL)

    There is loads of talent on offense, yes, but we do have an offensive coordinator who has been doing questionable things. 

    When you say he should be fired “No matter what the record is.” It kind of invalidates your opinion.

    This is not the premier league.

    Precisely...   should be fired no matter what.  So the Browns go on a winning streak.  Win the AFC North...win a couple playoff games and then win the Super Bowl and in Londons world.....we fire the coach.   

    I realize that we are extremely unlikely to win the super bowl or even make the playoffs, but to say that he has to be fired no matter what the record at the end of the season is very short sighted.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    Short sighted lol

    3-34-1

    Nice reference to me being from England though yep it’s definitely not the “premier league”. I hadn’t noticed. 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Yep I can say there is no case. I don’t care if the browns win 8-10 games.

    He is useless and won’t be the reason that we did. 

    We have the best QB we’ve had since returning. Some very good young players on both sides of the ball. 

    Wasting them on Hue would be criminal. He has to go at the end of this year. No matter what the record is. 

    Any browns fan would be elated to have 8-10 wins this year, tbh. (Youngest team in the NFL)

    There is loads of talent on offense, yes, but we do have an offensive coordinator who has been doing questionable things. 

    When you say he should be fired “No matter what the record is.” It kind of invalidates your opinion.

    This is not the premier league.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Any browns fan would be elated to have 8-10 wins this year, tbh. (Youngest team in the NFL)

    There is loads of talent on offense, yes, but we do have an offensive coordinator who has been doing questionable things. 

    When you say he should be fired “No matter what the record is.” It kind of invalidates your opinion.

    This is not the premier league.

    This is clearly Dutch oven under another name. 

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Common now.  They guys record is garbage.  If he were white he would have already been fired.

  • Short sighted lol

    3-34-1

    Nice reference to me being from England though yep it’s definitely not the “premier league”. I hadn’t noticed. 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    Short sighted lol

    3-34-1

    Nice reference to me being from England though yep it’s definitely not the “premier league”. I hadn’t noticed. 

    Its short sighted to say he has to be fired "no matter what the record at the end of the season".     As I said...you had best be prepared to be disappointed when he isn't fired at the end of the season.   You say you don't care if the Browns win 8-10 games this year, he should be fired and I'm sorry but there's no chance in hell of that happening.  

    He's got the rest of the season and I believe he's safe next year no matter what the record if the team stays in games like they did before Sunday. 

  • @londonbrown said:

    Short sighted lol

    3-34-1

    Nice reference to me being from England though yep it’s definitely not the “premier league”. I hadn’t noticed. 

    Its short sighted to say he has to be fired "no matter what the record at the end of the season".     As I said...you had best be prepared to be disappointed when he isn't fired at the end of the season.   You say you don't care if the Browns win 8-10 games this year, he should be fired and I'm sorry but there's no chance in hell of that happening.  

    He's got the rest of the season and I believe he's safe next year no matter what the record if the team stays in games like they did before Sunday. 

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    Its short sighted to say he has to be fired "no matter what the record at the end of the season".     As I said...you had best be prepared to be disappointed when he isn't fired at the end of the season.   You say you don't care if the Browns win 8-10 games this year, he should be fired and I'm sorry but there's no chance in hell of that happening.  

    He's got the rest of the season and I believe he's safe next year no matter what the record if the team stays in games like they did before Sunday. 

    So if the browns win eight games you want to put the future of all these good young players we have in Hue Jackson’s hands? Because he won eight (nine) games in three years? 

  • @mark-o said:

    Its short sighted to say he has to be fired "no matter what the record at the end of the season".     As I said...you had best be prepared to be disappointed when he isn't fired at the end of the season.   You say you don't care if the Browns win 8-10 games this year, he should be fired and I'm sorry but there's no chance in hell of that happening.  

    He's got the rest of the season and I believe he's safe next year no matter what the record if the team stays in games like they did before Sunday. 

    So if the browns win eight games you want to put the future of all these good young players we have in Hue Jackson’s hands? Because he won eight (nine) games in three years? 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    So if the browns win eight games you want to put the future of all these good young players we have in Hue Jackson’s hands? Because he won eight (nine) games in three years? 

    It's not what I want.  I thought he should be fired after last season.   But if Haslam didn't fire him after 1-31, he sure as shit isn't going to fire the guy after he won 8 games.  

  • @londonbrown said:

    So if the browns win eight games you want to put the future of all these good young players we have in Hue Jackson’s hands? Because he won eight (nine) games in three years? 

    It's not what I want.  I thought he should be fired after last season.   But if Haslam didn't fire him after 1-31, he sure as shit isn't going to fire the guy after he won 8 games.  

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    It's not what I want.  I thought he should be fired after last season.   But if Haslam didn't fire him after 1-31, he sure as Sheet isn't going to fire the guy after he won 8 games.  

    That’s a fair point and I can’t guess what Haslam will do. 

    I can however guess that the Browns will waste a lot of this rosters talent if Hue Jackson is the HC for the whole of next year. That would be four years of this moron 

  • @mark-o said:

    It's not what I want.  I thought he should be fired after last season.   But if Haslam didn't fire him after 1-31, he sure as Sheet isn't going to fire the guy after he won 8 games.  

    That’s a fair point and I can’t guess what Haslam will do. 

    I can however guess that the Browns will waste a lot of this rosters talent if Hue Jackson is the HC for the whole of next year. That would be four years of this moron 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    That’s a fair point and I can’t guess what Haslam will do. 

    I can however guess that the Browns will waste a lot of this rosters talent if Hue Jackson is the HC for the whole of next year. That would be four years of this moron 

    Maybe...maybe not.    He was the consensus top coaching candidate when the Browns hired him so I still have hope that things can turn around with him coaching the team.

  • @londonbrown said:

    That’s a fair point and I can’t guess what Haslam will do. 

    I can however guess that the Browns will waste a lot of this rosters talent if Hue Jackson is the HC for the whole of next year. That would be four years of this moron 

    Maybe...maybe not.    He was the consensus top coaching candidate when the Browns hired him so I still have hope that things can turn around with him coaching the team.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown

    @mark-o said:

    Maybe...maybe not.    He was the consensus top coaching candidate when the Browns hired him so I still have hope that things can turn around with him coaching the team.

    He doesn’t deserve your hope. He’s done nothing since he arrived to warrant any of it. 

    But that’s your opinion and that’s fine with me. 

    I’m entitled to mine no matter where I was born. 

  • @mark-o said:

    Maybe...maybe not.    He was the consensus top coaching candidate when the Browns hired him so I still have hope that things can turn around with him coaching the team.

    He doesn’t deserve your hope. He’s done nothing since he arrived to warrant any of it. 

    But that’s your opinion and that’s fine with me. 

    I’m entitled to mine no matter where I was born. 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    He doesn’t deserve your hope. He’s done nothing since he arrived to warrant any of it. 

    But that’s your opinion. I’m entitled to mine no matter where I was born. 

    I never mentioned where you are from....that was someone else or said you shouldn't have your opinion.   I just said you need to be prepared to be disappointed when Hue isn't fired at the end of this season, especially if he wins 8-10 games.   I don't totally disagree with your opinion of him as a head coach but I think we definitely going to have him around the rest of this season and depending on how the rest of the year goes, potentially next year as well.  

  • @londonbrown said:

    He doesn’t deserve your hope. He’s done nothing since he arrived to warrant any of it. 

    But that’s your opinion. I’m entitled to mine no matter where I was born. 

    I never mentioned where you are from....that was someone else or said you shouldn't have your opinion.   I just said you need to be prepared to be disappointed when Hue isn't fired at the end of this season, especially if he wins 8-10 games.   I don't totally disagree with your opinion of him as a head coach but I think we definitely going to have him around the rest of this season and depending on how the rest of the year goes, potentially next year as well.  

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    I never mentioned where you are from....that was someone else or said you shouldn't have your opinion.   I just said you need to be prepared to be disappointed when Hue isn't fired at the end of this season, especially if he wins 8-10 games.   I don't totally disagree with your opinion of him as a head coach but I think we definitely going to have him around the rest of this season and depending on how the rest of the year goes, potentially next year as well.  

    Sorry yes it wasn’t you. Apologies. 

  • Common now.  They guys record is garbage.  If he were white he would have already been fired.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Common now.  They guys record is garbage.  If he were white he would have already been fired.

    After being touted as a QB guru and the fails he had with them alone should have been enough. He lied on his resume... QB whisperer my heinie!

  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    Any browns fan would be elated to have 8-10 wins this year, tbh. (Youngest team in the NFL)

    There is loads of talent on offense, yes, but we do have an offensive coordinator who has been doing questionable things. 

    When you say he should be fired “No matter what the record is.” It kind of invalidates your opinion.

    This is not the premier league.

    This is clearly Dutch oven under another name. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    This is clearly Dutch oven under another name. 

    Why would I post under a different name when I have absolutely zero problem with calling people out for being idiots under this one? 

    Christ, under this name I tried to get PoG to bet me $1000 on whether the Browns would draft Barkley... ?