A Case For Hue
-
Zombo said:
Ummm ... The general manager at the time, Sashi Brown.
You know Hue can't just make his own trades, right?
Z
He can when he has the owners backing
Why would the Browns let SB do that trade knowing he was going to be fired and that Hue was Staying?
It was Hue and Jimmy, it’s well known
He can when he has the owners backing
Why would the Browns let SB do that trade knowing he was going to be fired and that Hue was Staying?
It was Hue and Jimmy, it’s well known
The trade was a full month before he was fired.
They didn't get it done in time.
If anything. The incompetence in executing the trade accelerated his exit.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21317473/sabotage-aj-mccarron-trade-cleveland-browns
-
You two fellas gotta keep it civil. I feel like too many LondonBrown / Flugel fights arise out of past tension. I like you both and just think you fellas very have different views.
Anyways, like I said, make sense keeping hue for now, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he's made many boneheaded views.
If he does a 180 and we win 8 games or something crazy, i'd be stoked. But 4-5 games and I think he's toast. Because 4-5 games isn't real "progress", it just means we worked for years to achieve mediocracy, which I don't think dorsey will be cool with.
You two fellas gotta keep it civil. I feel like too many LondonBrown / Flugel fights arise out of past tension. I like you both and just think you fellas very have different views.
Anyways, like I said, make sense keeping hue for now, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he's made many boneheaded views.
If he does a 180 and we win 8 games or something crazy, i'd be stoked. But 4-5 games and I think he's toast. Because 4-5 games isn't real "progress", it just means we worked for years to achieve mediocracy, which I don't think dorsey will be cool with.
I feel the same way you do about Hue. And I agree the time to fire him isn't 1 week after we were 2-2-1 (with 3 OT games with a chance to win all 5 games). Aside from that, how many Head Coach upgrades are found this time of year from the unemployment ranks? I've also already mentioned a few times that choosing Haley over Williams or Williams over Haley as an Interim Head Coach could put gas on a dumpster fire instead of putting it out.
I get really impatient with fire the coach bs starting just 4-5 games into a season when I've seen some progress.
-
You two fellas gotta keep it civil. I feel like too many LondonBrown / Flugel fights arise out of past tension. I like you both and just think you fellas very have different views.
Anyways, like I said, make sense keeping hue for now, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he's made many boneheaded views.
If he does a 180 and we win 8 games or something crazy, i'd be stoked. But 4-5 games and I think he's toast. Because 4-5 games isn't real "progress", it just means we worked for years to achieve mediocracy, which I don't think dorsey will be cool with.
I feel the same way you do about Hue. And I agree the time to fire him isn't 1 week after we were 2-2-1 (with 3 OT games with a chance to win all 5 games). Aside from that, how many Head Coach upgrades are found this time of year from the unemployment ranks? I've also already mentioned a few times that choosing Haley over Williams or Williams over Haley as an Interim Head Coach could put gas on a dumpster fire instead of putting it out.
I get really impatient with fire the coach bs starting just 4-5 games into a season when I've seen some progress.
I feel the same way you do about Hue. And I agree the time to fire him isn't 1 week after we were 2-2-1 (with 3 OT games with a chance to win all 5 games). Aside from that, how many Head Coach upgrades are found this time of year from the unemployment ranks? I've also already mentioned a few times that choosing Haley over Williams or Williams over Haley as an Interim Head Coach could put gas on a dumpster fire instead of putting it out.
I get really impatient with fire the coach bs starting just 4-5 games into a season when I've seen some progress.
I have real BIG problem with hue.. well 2 actually.. He coddles and babys players too much.. Secondly.. He talks to the players like theyre in Elementary school.. These guys aren't toddlers for chrissake...
-
I feel the same way you do about Hue. And I agree the time to fire him isn't 1 week after we were 2-2-1 (with 3 OT games with a chance to win all 5 games). Aside from that, how many Head Coach upgrades are found this time of year from the unemployment ranks? I've also already mentioned a few times that choosing Haley over Williams or Williams over Haley as an Interim Head Coach could put gas on a dumpster fire instead of putting it out.
I get really impatient with fire the coach bs starting just 4-5 games into a season when I've seen some progress.
I have real BIG problem with hue.. well 2 actually.. He coddles and babys players too much.. Secondly.. He talks to the players like theyre in Elementary school.. These guys aren't toddlers for chrissake...
I have real BIG problem with hue.. well 2 actually.. He coddles and babys players too much.. Secondly.. He talks to the players like theyre in Elementary school.. These guys aren't toddlers for chrissake...
You only have 2 BIG problems with him this year Nicks? Is that progress or congress? Let's see what happens the next 10 games here.
-
I have real BIG problem with hue.. well 2 actually.. He coddles and babys players too much.. Secondly.. He talks to the players like theyre in Elementary school.. These guys aren't toddlers for chrissake...
You only have 2 BIG problems with him this year Nicks? Is that progress or congress? Let's see what happens the next 10 games here.
You only have 2 BIG problems with him this year Nicks? Is that progress or congress? Let's see what happens the next 10 games here.
All I know if a coach made stupid rah rah speeches like this cornholio does .. I would laugh My butt off and ask to be traded or released.. Hue is a master at buffoonery!
-
You only have 2 BIG problems with him this year Nicks? Is that progress or congress? Let's see what happens the next 10 games here.
All I know if a coach made stupid rah rah speeches like this cornholio does .. I would laugh My butt off and ask to be traded or released.. Hue is a master at buffoonery!
-
-
Fourth season as the losingest coach in history. Game opens with the team lined up offside for the opening kickoff. Really? Wow what underwhelming discipline. He’s a so so OC and a horrible HC. There is no case to keep the huebatross.
-
Fourth season as the losingest coach in history. Game opens with the team lined up offside for the opening kickoff. Really? Wow what underwhelming discipline. He’s a so so OC and a horrible HC. There is no case to keep the huebatross.
Fourth season as the losingest coach in history. Game opens with the team lined up offside for the opening kickoff. Really? Wow what underwhelming discipline. He’s a so so OC and a horrible HC. There is no case to keep the huebatross.
I don't know if I've ever seen lining up offsides while receiving the ball to start the game. I mean...wow.
I've talked myself into wanting to keep our coaches through this year and next. Especially now with all the injuries we have, what can our coaches really do? You look at the close games we lost early, and what did our coaches do to lose? Were they perfect? Of course not. But Hue Jackson doesn't kick FG's. Hue Jackson doesn't drop passes. We were in position to win many games, and we didn't do it. If we fired the special teams coach, I'd be fine with it. But I don't want to lose any other coaches or coordinators right now, I just don't see the point. Additionally, I'd really like to see Baker have two straight years in the same offense, ya know?
-
Fourth season as the losingest coach in history. Game opens with the team lined up offside for the opening kickoff. Really? Wow what underwhelming discipline. He’s a so so OC and a horrible HC. There is no case to keep the huebatross.
I don't know if I've ever seen lining up offsides while receiving the ball to start the game. I mean...wow.
I've talked myself into wanting to keep our coaches through this year and next. Especially now with all the injuries we have, what can our coaches really do? You look at the close games we lost early, and what did our coaches do to lose? Were they perfect? Of course not. But Hue Jackson doesn't kick FG's. Hue Jackson doesn't drop passes. We were in position to win many games, and we didn't do it. If we fired the special teams coach, I'd be fine with it. But I don't want to lose any other coaches or coordinators right now, I just don't see the point. Additionally, I'd really like to see Baker have two straight years in the same offense, ya know?
I don't know if I've ever seen lining up offsides while receiving the ball to start the game. I mean...wow.
I've talked myself into wanting to keep our coaches through this year and next. Especially now with all the injuries we have, what can our coaches really do? You look at the close games we lost early, and what did our coaches do to lose? Were they perfect? Of course not. But Hue Jackson doesn't kick FG's. Hue Jackson doesn't drop passes. We were in position to win many games, and we didn't do it. If we fired the special teams coach, I'd be fine with it. But I don't want to lose any other coaches or coordinators right now, I just don't see the point. Additionally, I'd really like to see Baker have two straight years in the same offense, ya know?
Hue Jackson is the top guy. He is responsible period. No discipline = Hue. S h i T flows downhill and starts from the top. A PI penalty comes from playing hard. Procedure penalties are lack of discipline and are the HC responsibilities. Hue is too PC to be a HC
-
Fourth season as the losingest coach in history. Game opens with the team lined up offside for the opening kickoff. Really? Wow what underwhelming discipline. He’s a so so OC and a horrible HC. There is no case to keep the huebatross.
I don't know if I've ever seen lining up offsides while receiving the ball to start the game. I mean...wow.
I've talked myself into wanting to keep our coaches through this year and next. Especially now with all the injuries we have, what can our coaches really do? You look at the close games we lost early, and what did our coaches do to lose? Were they perfect? Of course not. But Hue Jackson doesn't kick FG's. Hue Jackson doesn't drop passes. We were in position to win many games, and we didn't do it. If we fired the special teams coach, I'd be fine with it. But I don't want to lose any other coaches or coordinators right now, I just don't see the point. Additionally, I'd really like to see Baker have two straight years in the same offense, ya know?
I don't know if I've ever seen lining up offsides while receiving the ball to start the game. I mean...wow.
I've talked myself into wanting to keep our coaches through this year and next. Especially now with all the injuries we have, what can our coaches really do? You look at the close games we lost early, and what did our coaches do to lose? Were they perfect? Of course not. But Hue Jackson doesn't kick FG's. Hue Jackson doesn't drop passes. We were in position to win many games, and we didn't do it. If we fired the special teams coach, I'd be fine with it. But I don't want to lose any other coaches or coordinators right now, I just don't see the point. Additionally, I'd really like to see Baker have two straight years in the same offense, ya know?
Jiggs, it's almost like those in a hurry to fire the Head Coach refuse to see this has been 1 franchise that never hired a long term upgrade to the despised ones they protested since 99. The problems thecurrent fire the Head Coach crowd refuses to see IMO:
- Hiring criteria or the complete lack thereof by the Owner doing the hiring of guys they already disapproved of.
- Availability of long term upgrade available among the unemployed ranks at this time.
- Picking 1 Coordinator over the other (that already failed as a HC elsewhere) can't possibly improve the environment.
- It can pull the rug out from under our young players with progress like Schobert, Garrett, Ogunjobi, Ward, Baker, Harrison,etch by removing the system learned from 1 that may not be quite as compatible.
- There was a previous popular opinion (now very inconvenient to this topic) that the franchise was tanking to improve our draft position as if we didn't already have Carson Wentz on our doorstep at #2 overall before we traded out and ended up with COREY COLEMAN (cut by 3 different teams in 2018). It looks like we could have traded back again and landed Ohio State's Michael Thomas. Just blame Hue right? So, we have chances to to draft Mahomes or Watson which deferred us to training a top rookie QB until Hue's 3rd year. And the 2nd round round pick we got for wasting time and money on Brock O chased a previous 2nd round pick out of town anyway. So, here's Rookie QB training roller coaster that at least has more excitement to it than the previous FO gave us in 2017.
- Love it or hate it, when Hue was an OC of a team that had more talent in Cincy - his last gig in that capacity was 12-4 football. Take a look at how that offense fell off a cliff in 2016 and 2017. Their Pro Bowl Tackle Andrew Whitworth had the very same praise for Hue that Joe Thomas gave him. That carries more clout than people that show up here every single year with nothing but fire the coach crap.
- The competitive value in 5 of the 6 games shows ideal chances for this team to win late in the 4th quarter, and in 3 cases, OT.
If we only win 4 games, I'll at least agree Hue needs to be fired. That said, I can't tell you I have an ounce of confidence in the next HC hiring process. I'd want someone like Jim Schwartz which means I'll get sentenced to a Ryan brother, Whisenhunt or an equivalent. Yay!
-
I don't know if I've ever seen lining up offsides while receiving the ball to start the game. I mean...wow.
I've talked myself into wanting to keep our coaches through this year and next. Especially now with all the injuries we have, what can our coaches really do? You look at the close games we lost early, and what did our coaches do to lose? Were they perfect? Of course not. But Hue Jackson doesn't kick FG's. Hue Jackson doesn't drop passes. We were in position to win many games, and we didn't do it. If we fired the special teams coach, I'd be fine with it. But I don't want to lose any other coaches or coordinators right now, I just don't see the point. Additionally, I'd really like to see Baker have two straight years in the same offense, ya know?
Jiggs, it's almost like those in a hurry to fire the Head Coach refuse to see this has been 1 franchise that never hired a long term upgrade to the despised ones they protested since 99. The problems thecurrent fire the Head Coach crowd refuses to see IMO:
- Hiring criteria or the complete lack thereof by the Owner doing the hiring of guys they already disapproved of.
- Availability of long term upgrade available among the unemployed ranks at this time.
- Picking 1 Coordinator over the other (that already failed as a HC elsewhere) can't possibly improve the environment.
- It can pull the rug out from under our young players with progress like Schobert, Garrett, Ogunjobi, Ward, Baker, Harrison,etch by removing the system learned from 1 that may not be quite as compatible.
- There was a previous popular opinion (now very inconvenient to this topic) that the franchise was tanking to improve our draft position as if we didn't already have Carson Wentz on our doorstep at #2 overall before we traded out and ended up with COREY COLEMAN (cut by 3 different teams in 2018). It looks like we could have traded back again and landed Ohio State's Michael Thomas. Just blame Hue right? So, we have chances to to draft Mahomes or Watson which deferred us to training a top rookie QB until Hue's 3rd year. And the 2nd round round pick we got for wasting time and money on Brock O chased a previous 2nd round pick out of town anyway. So, here's Rookie QB training roller coaster that at least has more excitement to it than the previous FO gave us in 2017.
- Love it or hate it, when Hue was an OC of a team that had more talent in Cincy - his last gig in that capacity was 12-4 football. Take a look at how that offense fell off a cliff in 2016 and 2017. Their Pro Bowl Tackle Andrew Whitworth had the very same praise for Hue that Joe Thomas gave him. That carries more clout than people that show up here every single year with nothing but fire the coach crap.
- The competitive value in 5 of the 6 games shows ideal chances for this team to win late in the 4th quarter, and in 3 cases, OT.
If we only win 4 games, I'll at least agree Hue needs to be fired. That said, I can't tell you I have an ounce of confidence in the next HC hiring process. I'd want someone like Jim Schwartz which means I'll get sentenced to a Ryan brother, Whisenhunt or an equivalent. Yay!
-
How about 4.5 which seems about where we are headed, if that?
I just do not see Hue making it to 2019 as head coach.
This is purely my speculation, but I have a sneaking suspicion that if it had been up to Dorsey, he would have gotten rid of Hue at the end of last season and brought in "his" guy. I'm guessing that he was brought back to show the NFL that the Haslams aren't people who have itchy trigger fingers, after firing Chudzinski after one season, Pettine after two.
Unless the Browns put up a 8-10 win season, I think he's gone.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login