A Case For Hue
-
Zombo said:
Hue's job is to keep the the player's motivated and hungry. Decide who starts, who sits, who plays. Handle the media. Oversee the coordinators, go over scouting reports with them. Gameday management: clock management, challenge flags, 4th down decisions, overall gameday management.
Which of these areas do you see him lacking in this year?
The team seems motivated and hungry, he has the right guys starting, he has utilized the depth players well, he avoids controversy, doesn't give away injury information, our team seems overall prepared each week, he challenged at the right time, he has shown some balls on 4th downs and going for 2 on PATs ... some people question his clock management, but I thought he handled that well yesterday.
We've played five games, three of them against "elite" opponents. We have been in every game for every second. We are the youngest team, by far, in the league and we've won two of those battles, lost two and drew a tie. We are 1-0-1 in our division, 2-1-1 in our conference. The three games we didn't win: short FG to win game gets blocked. Kicker misses two field goals and two extra points. Refs overturn first down to ice the game and blow a fumble and potential TD call.
Why is this Hue's fault again?
Our team was down 14 points to the Steelers in the 4th quarter and rallied. After a devastating West Coast loss last week, we came back hungrier than ever and defended our turf against what was the perceived best team in our division going into the game.
We dealt with losing Josh Gordon and Mychal Kendricks with a "next man up" mentality and no looking back.
I've seen locker rooms quit on coaches. We have all seen it in Cleveland many times, and those coaches deserved to be fired.
I have not seen this team quit on Hue Jackson once.
Zombo
Plenty of reason to hate Hue for the teams performance the last 2 seasons but I don't see any issues with the job he's doing this season. The team is playing well and has played well in every game so far this year.
Plenty of reason to hate Hue for the teams performance the last 2 seasons but I don't see any issues with the job he's doing this season. The team is playing well and has played well in every game so far this year.
While I continue to think he may be THE weak link on this team....we just have to wait and see and hope that he can improve.
-
some of you are just broken inside, I have no other explanation. Him pulling Dorsey in to break the huddle....man that is fukking beautiful sht. That some of you can take that video and spin it into some kind of Hue's a poosy negative something or other....ur just irrevocably broken inside. "IF" there's a case to be made for Hue not being the coach next year, which im dubious about given we're only 5 games in and looking to take control of the North possibly, that content of that lockeroom video is completely irrelevant to that case. That lockeroom loves him, Dorsey looks like he loves him. Talk to me about removing Hue when the team stops playing. It's not losing, they'll lose again this season...perhaps more than they win....but every game we've lost this year has been by what, a nano point? I mean fuk me running the Browns are playng relevant football and instead of sitting back and objectively looking at things ur insistent on weaving weekly narratives about how we're playing well "despite" Hue Jackson.
Right now I have vastly more issues with Todd Haley. Has no one talked about that reverse to Hot Rod streater at the 5 yd line that blew up magnificently? Look if someone told me Hue Jackson called that play......ok, now you have my attention in this discussion about getting rid of Hue. But that was Haley. That was fukking Haley calling a WR reverse to a guy that doesn't get on the field much. That fukking deep in our own territory at that point in the game? im just flabbergasted weekly. I know Hue wasn't some perfect play caller but I don't recall last year Hue making these kinds of Offensive play calling goatfuks. Yes, time management is in issue...still might be. I get that. But I don't recall this cutesy sht last year. Yes we didn't much of antying period last year. But I struggle to believe Hue would have called some of these plays last year with a running game like we have and most of all......a QB like Baker. Those constant 2 pt conversions last week? I was honestly starting to change my support of Hue based on that but then it comes out that was Haleys project...…..I mean wtf? How does the OC have that much total game clout to be able to dictate going for 2? Im not good with that.
-
some of you are just broken inside, I have no other explanation. Him pulling Dorsey in to break the huddle....man that is fukking beautiful sht. That some of you can take that video and spin it into some kind of Hue's a poosy negative something or other....ur just irrevocably broken inside. "IF" there's a case to be made for Hue not being the coach next year, which im dubious about given we're only 5 games in and looking to take control of the North possibly, that content of that lockeroom video is completely irrelevant to that case. That lockeroom loves him, Dorsey looks like he loves him. Talk to me about removing Hue when the team stops playing. It's not losing, they'll lose again this season...perhaps more than they win....but every game we've lost this year has been by what, a nano point? I mean fuk me running the Browns are playng relevant football and instead of sitting back and objectively looking at things ur insistent on weaving weekly narratives about how we're playing well "despite" Hue Jackson.
Right now I have vastly more issues with Todd Haley. Has no one talked about that reverse to Hot Rod streater at the 5 yd line that blew up magnificently? Look if someone told me Hue Jackson called that play......ok, now you have my attention in this discussion about getting rid of Hue. But that was Haley. That was fukking Haley calling a WR reverse to a guy that doesn't get on the field much. That fukking deep in our own territory at that point in the game? im just flabbergasted weekly. I know Hue wasn't some perfect play caller but I don't recall last year Hue making these kinds of Offensive play calling goatfuks. Yes, time management is in issue...still might be. I get that. But I don't recall this cutesy sht last year. Yes we didn't much of antying period last year. But I struggle to believe Hue would have called some of these plays last year with a running game like we have and most of all......a QB like Baker. Those constant 2 pt conversions last week? I was honestly starting to change my support of Hue based on that but then it comes out that was Haleys project...…..I mean wtf? How does the OC have that much total game clout to be able to dictate going for 2? Im not good with that.
- some of you are just broken inside, I have no other explanation.
- Right now I have vastly more issues with Todd Haley. Has no one talked about that reverse to Hot Rod streater at the 5 yd line that blew up magnificently?
- As Gus Grissom would say, "Fukkin' A, bubba..." -
- Not every play call is a gem... especially those that do not work. But Todd's made a lot more good calls than bad ones.
-
As I said before the season started, Hue IMO should have been on a 6 game leash. This team as I saw and we know now has talent to win games in this league.
Hue's done enough to stay for the rest of the year, and I'm definitely not a big fan of his. As long as this team reaches a decent ceiling (5-7 wins), he deserves the next season as well. No doubt about it.
-
Hue's got a case? I'll suggest antibiotics.
-
- some of you are just broken inside, I have no other explanation.
- Right now I have vastly more issues with Todd Haley. Has no one talked about that reverse to Hot Rod streater at the 5 yd line that blew up magnificently?
- As Gus Grissom would say, "Fukkin' A, bubba..." -
- Not every play call is a gem... especially those that do not work. But Todd's made a lot more good calls than bad ones.
-
- some of you are just broken inside, I have no other explanation.
- Right now I have vastly more issues with Todd Haley. Has no one talked about that reverse to Hot Rod streater at the 5 yd line that blew up magnificently?
- As Gus Grissom would say, "Fukkin' A, bubba..." -
- Not every play call is a gem... especially those that do not work. But Todd's made a lot more good calls than bad ones.
- As Gus Grissom would say, "Fukkin' A, bubba..." -
- Not every play call is a gem... especially those that do not work. But Todd's made a lot more good calls than bad ones.
ok since u know more about O than I do...what was that reverse call? Was there something there that I just didn't see? Did streater just streat that up? It just seems like a play you don't do on second and miles to go deep in ur own territory. And the constant 2pts last week....yeah we converted more than we missed, but it seemed way too dicey on a team that historically doesn't do well leaving easy points off the board. Am I overreacting or is he calling too much cute sht? I don't like cute in the AFC North. Im an AFC north kind of guy. Cute stuff is for teams like the SF 49'ers who's fans get to wear shorts to the stadium late in the year. Something every once in a holy while that really catches teams off, like that conversion to Baker...ok, im good with that. But the routine stuff is startin to get on my nerves as it appears to be essential to his offensive game plan.
Also, is it just me or is baker torching teams on PA? Yet just as we're starting to run well, the run gets stuffed once and all of a sudden the backfield empties and bakers in the shot. Yeah Baker can still make money from that....but cmon, this is why you run the fukking ball well.
-
- As Gus Grissom would say, "Fukkin' A, bubba..." -
- Not every play call is a gem... especially those that do not work. But Todd's made a lot more good calls than bad ones.
ok since u know more about O than I do...what was that reverse call? Was there something there that I just didn't see? Did streater just streat that up? It just seems like a play you don't do on second and miles to go deep in ur own territory. And the constant 2pts last week....yeah we converted more than we missed, but it seemed way too dicey on a team that historically doesn't do well leaving easy points off the board. Am I overreacting or is he calling too much cute sht? I don't like cute in the AFC North. Im an AFC north kind of guy. Cute stuff is for teams like the SF 49'ers who's fans get to wear shorts to the stadium late in the year. Something every once in a holy while that really catches teams off, like that conversion to Baker...ok, im good with that. But the routine stuff is startin to get on my nerves as it appears to be essential to his offensive game plan.
Also, is it just me or is baker torching teams on PA? Yet just as we're starting to run well, the run gets stuffed once and all of a sudden the backfield empties and bakers in the shot. Yeah Baker can still make money from that....but cmon, this is why you run the fukking ball well.
ok since u know more about O than I do...what was that reverse call? Was there something there that I just didn't see? Did streater just streat that up? It just seems like a play you don't do on second and miles to go deep in ur own territory. And the constant 2pts last week....yeah we converted more than we missed, but it seemed way too dicey on a team that historically doesn't do well leaving easy points off the board. Am I overreacting or is he calling too much cute sht? I don't like cute in the AFC North. Im an AFC north kind of guy. Cute stuff is for teams like the SF 49'ers who's fans get to wear shorts to the stadium late in the year. Something every once in a holy while that really catches teams off, like that conversion to Baker...ok, im good with that. But the routine stuff is startin to get on my nerves as it appears to be essential to his offensive game plan.
Also, is it just me or is baker torching teams on PA? Yet just as we're starting to run well, the run gets stuffed once and all of a sudden the backfield empties and bakers in the shot. Yeah Baker can still make money from that....but cmon, this is why you run the fukking ball well.
I'll have to pull up the tape later... watching the Tribe right now.
-
ok since u know more about O than I do...what was that reverse call? Was there something there that I just didn't see? Did streater just streat that up? It just seems like a play you don't do on second and miles to go deep in ur own territory. And the constant 2pts last week....yeah we converted more than we missed, but it seemed way too dicey on a team that historically doesn't do well leaving easy points off the board. Am I overreacting or is he calling too much cute sht? I don't like cute in the AFC North. Im an AFC north kind of guy. Cute stuff is for teams like the SF 49'ers who's fans get to wear shorts to the stadium late in the year. Something every once in a holy while that really catches teams off, like that conversion to Baker...ok, im good with that. But the routine stuff is startin to get on my nerves as it appears to be essential to his offensive game plan.
Also, is it just me or is baker torching teams on PA? Yet just as we're starting to run well, the run gets stuffed once and all of a sudden the backfield empties and bakers in the shot. Yeah Baker can still make money from that....but cmon, this is why you run the fukking ball well.
I'll have to pull up the tape later... watching the Tribe right now.
-
Hue should fired and Haley made coach.
-
- As Gus Grissom would say, "Fukkin' A, bubba..." -
- Not every play call is a gem... especially those that do not work. But Todd's made a lot more good calls than bad ones.
ok since u know more about O than I do...what was that reverse call? Was there something there that I just didn't see? Did streater just streat that up? It just seems like a play you don't do on second and miles to go deep in ur own territory. And the constant 2pts last week....yeah we converted more than we missed, but it seemed way too dicey on a team that historically doesn't do well leaving easy points off the board. Am I overreacting or is he calling too much cute sht? I don't like cute in the AFC North. Im an AFC north kind of guy. Cute stuff is for teams like the SF 49'ers who's fans get to wear shorts to the stadium late in the year. Something every once in a holy while that really catches teams off, like that conversion to Baker...ok, im good with that. But the routine stuff is startin to get on my nerves as it appears to be essential to his offensive game plan.
Also, is it just me or is baker torching teams on PA? Yet just as we're starting to run well, the run gets stuffed once and all of a sudden the backfield empties and bakers in the shot. Yeah Baker can still make money from that....but cmon, this is why you run the fukking ball well.
ok since u know more about O than I do...what was that reverse call? Was there something there that I just didn't see? Did streater just streat that up? It just seems like a play you don't do on second and miles to go deep in ur own territory. And the constant 2pts last week....yeah we converted more than we missed, but it seemed way too dicey on a team that historically doesn't do well leaving easy points off the board. Am I overreacting or is he calling too much cute sht? I don't like cute in the AFC North. Im an AFC north kind of guy. Cute stuff is for teams like the SF 49'ers who's fans get to wear shorts to the stadium late in the year. Something every once in a holy while that really catches teams off, like that conversion to Baker...ok, im good with that. But the routine stuff is startin to get on my nerves as it appears to be essential to his offensive game plan.
Also, is it just me or is baker torching teams on PA? Yet just as we're starting to run well, the run gets stuffed once and all of a sudden the backfield empties and bakers in the shot. Yeah Baker can still make money from that....but cmon, this is why you run the fukking ball well.
Nope, your not wrong.
Haley is in love with the cute play Sheet.
Double fake Jet Sweep on the one yard line 3rd and goal that gets stuffed against Oakland when you have Carlos Hyde on your team???
That double reverse at that point in the game on that part of the field? Stupid.
He’s in love with Calloway to a fault. (See Oakland Game)
Abondons the run way to much.
Doesn’t use Duke as much as he needs to be used in run and pass.
Haley as head coach? Pass. At least he’s better than Daboll though.
-
if anyone replaces hue its williams. If he would want it, which he may not. Becoming HC might make him spend less time with this defense which is something im not sure he wants nor us frankly. Maybe in a few years IF hue has to go...and the defense is a well oiled machinevat that point...mebbeh
-
if anyone replaces hue its williams. If he would want it, which he may not. Becoming HC might make him spend less time with this defense which is something im not sure he wants nor us frankly. Maybe in a few years IF hue has to go...and the defense is a well oiled machinevat that point...mebbeh
if anyone replaces hue its williams. If he would want it, which he may not. Becoming HC might make him spend less time with this defense which is something im not sure he wants nor us frankly. Maybe in a few years IF hue has to go...and the defense is a well oiled machinevat that point...mebbeh
Who knows about that? I mean Billick was an O genius in Minnesota as the OC there. Went to bloitmore as HC and produced a unbeatable D. Flip a coin?
-
That reverse to Rod "just signed off the street" Streater was one of the dumbest calls I have ever seen!
-
some of you are just broken inside, I have no other explanation. Him pulling Dorsey in to break the huddle....man that is fukking beautiful sht. That some of you can take that video and spin it into some kind of Hue's a poosy negative something or other....ur just irrevocably broken inside. "IF" there's a case to be made for Hue not being the coach next year, which im dubious about given we're only 5 games in and looking to take control of the North possibly, that content of that lockeroom video is completely irrelevant to that case. That lockeroom loves him, Dorsey looks like he loves him. Talk to me about removing Hue when the team stops playing. It's not losing, they'll lose again this season...perhaps more than they win....but every game we've lost this year has been by what, a nano point? I mean fuk me running the Browns are playng relevant football and instead of sitting back and objectively looking at things ur insistent on weaving weekly narratives about how we're playing well "despite" Hue Jackson.
Right now I have vastly more issues with Todd Haley. Has no one talked about that reverse to Hot Rod streater at the 5 yd line that blew up magnificently? Look if someone told me Hue Jackson called that play......ok, now you have my attention in this discussion about getting rid of Hue. But that was Haley. That was fukking Haley calling a WR reverse to a guy that doesn't get on the field much. That fukking deep in our own territory at that point in the game? im just flabbergasted weekly. I know Hue wasn't some perfect play caller but I don't recall last year Hue making these kinds of Offensive play calling goatfuks. Yes, time management is in issue...still might be. I get that. But I don't recall this cutesy sht last year. Yes we didn't much of antying period last year. But I struggle to believe Hue would have called some of these plays last year with a running game like we have and most of all......a QB like Baker. Those constant 2 pt conversions last week? I was honestly starting to change my support of Hue based on that but then it comes out that was Haleys project...…..I mean wtf? How does the OC have that much total game clout to be able to dictate going for 2? Im not good with that.
some of you are just broken inside, I have no other explanation. Him pulling Dorsey in to break the huddle....man that is fukking beautiful sht. That some of you can take that video and spin it into some kind of Hue's a poosy negative something or other....ur just irrevocably broken inside. "IF" there's a case to be made for Hue not being the coach next year, which im dubious about given we're only 5 games in and looking to take control of the North possibly, that content of that lockeroom video is completely irrelevant to that case. That lockeroom loves him, Dorsey looks like he loves him. Talk to me about removing Hue when the team stops playing. It's not losing, they'll lose again this season...perhaps more than they win....but every game we've lost this year has been by what, a nano point? I mean fuk me running the Browns are playng relevant football and instead of sitting back and objectively looking at things ur insistent on weaving weekly narratives about how we're playing well "despite" Hue Jackson.
Right now I have vastly more issues with Todd Haley. Has no one talked about that reverse to Hot Rod streater at the 5 yd line that blew up magnificently? Look if someone told me Hue Jackson called that play......ok, now you have my attention in this discussion about getting rid of Hue. But that was Haley. That was fukking Haley calling a WR reverse to a guy that doesn't get on the field much. That fukking deep in our own territory at that point in the game? im just flabbergasted weekly. I know Hue wasn't some perfect play caller but I don't recall last year Hue making these kinds of Offensive play calling goatfuks. Yes, time management is in issue...still might be. I get that. But I don't recall this cutesy sht last year. Yes we didn't much of antying period last year. But I struggle to believe Hue would have called some of these plays last year with a running game like we have and most of all......a QB like Baker. Those constant 2 pt conversions last week? I was honestly starting to change my support of Hue based on that but then it comes out that was Haleys project...…..I mean wtf? How does the OC have that much total game clout to be able to dictate going for 2? Im not good with that.
I know not every call can be a beauty, but Todd has almost really cost us in key moments. The Callaway reverse call from around the 1 on 2nd down I think? Jesus that was terrible. You pound it on 2nd, you pound it on 3rd, and then you pound it on 4th if need be. And I realize there are no sure things. Hyde could get stonewalled on every attempt, but why not run behind our $60 million guards? I mean, did you see the Oakland game against Chargers? Raiders had 1st and goal from the 1, deep in the 3rd quarter, maybe early 4th. You give it to Lynch, right? Beast Mode time, right? All 4 times if need be, right? Wrong, lol. Raiders called a pass and it was promptly picked off. Next play was a 60 yard pass play bomb. Game over.
The reverse call is mind-boggling. It's more than likely our very last possession and chance to win, and Haley dials up a reverse to a guy who barely gets on the field? Not even to someone like Callaway? Maybe that fake reverse, but even that is risky because it takes so much time to develop. I think I get WHY he tried it. The Ravens defense was probably over aggressive and crashing hard, so he thought some misdirection might work. I get it. But if that's the case, why not try a screen? Screens are those plays that seem like they always work against us, but when we try them, they don't work at all, lol. I know that's not true, but seems like it sometimes.
I'll never understand it. Do coaches sometimes try to get cute for no reason? Can defenses just stop a running play at the goal line every time if they know it's coming? Just pound it in for crying out loud! Lol. Same thing applies to GMs on draft day. The Buccaneers drafted an interior defensive lineman instead of Derwin James. James wanted to go there. They needed a safety and secondary help. It made perfect sense. Did they draft him? Nope. Now Derwin looks like the defensive rookie of the year (if it's not our own Denzel Ward, woof woof!). I just don't get it. Things seem so obvious sometimes, yet highly paid professionals can't help themselves. And perhaps the Bucs' defensive lineman will be terrific, who knows? But right now....just wtf.
-
I see Hue is claiming he knew nothing about this play call to Streater. Haley another in a long line of people thrown under the bus by Jackson. He’s a complete arsehole.
The Bills have won two games from five with one of the worst NFL rosters ever seen and Hue has won 3-37 with a much better one. We’ve been outcoached in every game this season. He blows.
If Haslam wastes Baker Mayfield by keeping Hue Jackson after this season it’ll be throwing away any chance we have of long term success. Baker can’t do this all on his own.
-
uhhh, im assuming if u have an OC ur not being apprised of every call. I was more incredulous of hue not knowing about the 2pt co versions. Im absolutely sure haley did that reverse without consulting hue.
-
There is no chance a HC is letting a call be made at that stage without any input. Hard Knocks told us quite clearly that Hue makes all the calls.
-
The reverses in TIGHTLY contested games needs to stop. I think they’re trying to use it as a “drive starter”
I believe Streater could have done better on the play tho
-
Ouch.
IKR! ?
And my recording cut off as BLT was about to punt to us... ? ... so no informed analysis available.
But don't know why that should stop me...
Haley is in love with the cute play Sheet.
Double fake Jet Sweep on the one yard line 3rd and goal that gets stuffed against Oakland when you have Carlos Hyde on your team???
What other "cute" plays did Haley call Sunday?
Aside from one short pass to Landry that he broke for 27 yd, we hadn't moved the ball in OT.
So I get what Haley was trying to do to jump start us, but reverses tend to work when you have a D on their heels... and that was not the case.
Or was it?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login