Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Terry P

Terry P

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
10 Posts 8 Posters 422 Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
    • 39k Posts
    • 9k Reputation
    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #1

    https://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2018/10/cleveland_browns_pregame_scrib_81.html

    www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
    1 Reply Last reply
    šŸ‘ ā¤
    Quote Reply
    • mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
      • 18k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      How about this, 7 kickers since Phil?

      14. I love this,Ā Phil Dawson is playing in his 300th NFL gameĀ this weekend. He is 43 years old, still kicking for Arizona. He's only attempted three field goals. He's 1-for-3, misses from 45 and 50 yards. The Browns have had seven different kickers since they let Dawson go after the 2012 season.

      GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
      KvoetheK 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • mjp28M mjp28

        How about this, 7 kickers since Phil?

        14. I love this,Ā Phil Dawson is playing in his 300th NFL gameĀ this weekend. He is 43 years old, still kicking for Arizona. He's only attempted three field goals. He's 1-for-3, misses from 45 and 50 yards. The Browns have had seven different kickers since they let Dawson go after the 2012 season.

        Kvoethe KvoetheK Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 3k Posts
        • 924 Reputation
        KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @mjp28 said:

        How about this, 7 kickers since Phil?

        14. I love this,Ā Phil Dawson is playing in his 300th NFL gameĀ this weekend. He is 43 years old, still kicking for Arizona. He's only attempted three field goals. He's 1-for-3, misses from 45 and 50 yards. The Browns have had seven different kickers since they let Dawson go after the 2012 season.

        Just another in a long list of epic failures.Ā  Nothing to see here....move along

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • flyingfooldoug flyingfooldougF One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 4k Posts
          • 728 Reputation
          flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
          #4

          Pluto been a little rough on Hue lately too. Just win baby!

          1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • Dutch Oven Dutch OvenD Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 15k Posts
            • 8k Reputation
            Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
            #5

            I could have sworn that Dawson pretty much told the Browns he wanted to leave?Ā 

            mjp28M Canton MikeC 2 Replies Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Zombo Z
              • 8k Posts
              • 0 Reputation
              Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I could have sworn we didn't lose to Pittsburgh.

              Z

              1 Reply Last reply
              Quote Reply
              • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                I could have sworn that Dawson pretty much told the Browns he wanted to leave?Ā 

                mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                • 18k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @dutch-oven said:

                I could have sworn that Dawson pretty much told the Browns he wanted to leave?Ā 

                ABJ 2013......Ā Ā https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/former-browns-kicker-phil-dawson-says-he-s-leaving-cleveland-with-nothing-but-positive-feelings


                940x.jpg


                Pro Bowl kicker Phil Dawson declined to reveal whether the Browns offered him a contract to return for a 15th season, but he made it clear he’ll always love Cleveland even though he’s moving on.


                ā€œI wish Cleveland nothing but the best,ā€ Dawson said during a conference call this afternoon. ā€œThey were some of the greatest years of my life. It’s been an absolute privilege to wear that orange helmet and represent the fans each and every week. So there is nothing but positive feelings in my mind. I look forward to seeing how the organization grows and develops and experiences success. That’s how I truly feel.ā€


                Dawson said as free agency unfolded, the San Francisco 49ers came to the forefront. He signed a one-year deal with the 49ers reportedly worth $2.25 million on Tuesday and said goodbye to the Cleveland media today.


                ā€œMy agent [Neil Cornrich] did a tremendous job,ā€ Dawson said. ā€œI told him, ā€˜When things start getting serious, call me. Let’s talk about it.’ And when that started taking place, it was all about the 49ers. I’m on cloud nine right now.
                ā€œOnce [it] became obvious that there was an opportunity in San Francisco, that became my focus. And the goal at that point was, ā€˜Let’s make this work.’ So that’s pretty much how the whole thing went.ā€
                Dawson, 39, acknowledged he wanted to join the 49ers because they’re coming off a Super Bowl appearance and are legitimate title contenders.


                ā€œI think any competitor wants to win,ā€ Dawson said. ... ā€œBeing on a team full of great players and a history of winning, that’s obviously an attractive thing to be a part of. That’s what every player in the NFL wants and I’m certainly no different.ā€

                When pressed about whether the Browns extended an offer, Dawson said, ā€œMy focus is 100 percent on moving forward, and that’s just how I’m going to roll with this.ā€.............

                So he left the BROWNS for $2.25M to join a contender.......gladly.

                GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven

                  I could have sworn that Dawson pretty much told the Browns he wanted to leave?Ā 

                  Canton Mike Canton MikeC
                  • 4k Posts
                  • 2k Reputation
                  Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @dutch-oven said:

                  I could have sworn that Dawson pretty much told the Browns he wanted to leave?Ā 

                  Me too. As I recall, he wanted to go west but the Browns putting the Franchise Tag on him prevented that for a couple years.

                  Mike

                  INĀ DORSEY I TRUST
                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Alkid3 A
                    • 665 Posts
                    • 61 Reputation
                    A Alkid3 wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    Dawson wanted to win. I don't blame him. And got paid. Lol

                    mjp28M 1 Reply Last reply
                    Quote Reply
                    • A Alkid3

                      Dawson wanted to win. I don't blame him. And got paid. Lol

                      mjp28 mjp28M In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Week One Done One Month Later One Year In
                      • 18k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
                      #10

                      @alkid3 said:

                      Dawson wanted to win. I don't blame him. And got paid. Lol

                      I don't blame himĀ a bit especially as the franchise dude, not a RB, QB, WR a kicker......but make no mistake he wanted to live in San Fransisco to finish his career not Cleveland. (well now AZ, good golfing I guess)

                      GO BUCKEYES, BROWNS, INDIANS, CAVS, YSU, NAVY and yes I like ND!
                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply

                      Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                      Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                      With your input, this post could be even better šŸ’—

                      Register Login
                      Reply
                      • Reply as topic
                      Log in to reply
                      • Oldest to Newest
                      • Newest to Oldest
                      • Most Votes


                      Theme
                      • System
                      • Light
                      • Dark
                      The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                      The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                      • First post
                        Last post
                      0
                      • Forums
                      • Recent
                      • Popular
                      • Users
                      • Donate