Skip to content

Going to be better than Joe Haden ever was .....

The Browns Board
42 25 1.6k 1
  • Those color rush jerseys are fire. Since we're already expecting a new uniform I'm hoping to see those bad boys be in contention

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    Those color rush jerseys are fire. Since we're already expecting a new uniform I'm hoping to see those bad boys be in contention

    Me too!

    Mike

  • @nero said:

    This guy is amazing. Not only defending the pass, but also tackling. Love his behaviour and how he speaks. 

    Make them know your name, #21 😉

    I'm seriously considering buying a Color Rush Ward jersey. 

    I'm sad that today is the last time we'll see those unis this year, since we have already worn them the allotted two times for the season. 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm seriously considering buying a Color Rush Ward jersey. 

    I'm sad that today is the last time we'll see those unis this year, since we have already worn them the allotted two times for the season. 

    If you find one, please let me know. I'm having no luck finding one.

    Mike

  • Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #16

    Alright fellas, go back to Page 8 and read what yourself and others said about Denzel Ward when he was drafted lol

  • @comeonman said:

    Dude is an absolute beast. Only one bad play that i remember today was where he tried to put a shoulder high on the receiver, which is very uncharacteristic of him. 

    The tackle? I think that was on the HB after a catch. He's super fast and can stay in WRs hip pockets, but he isn't gonna lay the wood on a HB

    bjh2130B bjh2130 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @mld-woody said:

    The tackle? I think that was on the HB after a catch. He's super fast and can stay in WRs hip pockets, but he isn't gonna lay the wood on a HB

    He laid some pretty good wood on Marshawn Lynch last week.

    @gunz41 said:

    Alright fellas, go back to Page 8 and read what yourself and others said about Denzel Ward when he was drafted lol

    Not this guy I said he'll have a similar impact to the Browns as what Marshon Lattimore had to the Saints

  • @mld-woody said:

    The tackle? I think that was on the HB after a catch. He's super fast and can stay in WRs hip pockets, but he isn't gonna lay the wood on a HB

    He laid some pretty good wood on Marshawn Lynch last week.

    @gunz41 said:

    Alright fellas, go back to Page 8 and read what yourself and others said about Denzel Ward when he was drafted lol

    Not this guy I said he'll have a similar impact to the Browns as what Marshon Lattimore had to the Saints

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @bjh2130 said:

    He laid some pretty good wood on Marshawn Lynch last week.

    Not this guy I said he'll have a similar impact to the Browns as what Marshon Lattimore had to the Saints

    I just remembered how mad people were at the time, just opened it up and saw a few, didnt pay attention to name.

    It's just ironic to me

  • @comeonman said:

    Dude is an absolute beast. Only one bad play that i remember today was where he tried to put a shoulder high on the receiver, which is very uncharacteristic of him. 

    The tackle? I think that was on the HB after a catch. He's super fast and can stay in WRs hip pockets, but he isn't gonna lay the wood on a HB

    ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @mld-woody said:

    The tackle? I think that was on the HB after a catch. He's super fast and can stay in WRs hip pockets, but he isn't gonna lay the wood on a HB

    He tried to tackle high when he could have easily made the tackle by taking out the legs

  • Alright fellas, go back to Page 8 and read what yourself and others said about Denzel Ward when he was drafted lol

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @gunz41 said:

    Alright fellas, go back to Page 8 and read what yourself and others said about Denzel Ward when he was drafted lol

    •  

    -Some head scratchers for me, but I expected that as this draft was run by real football people & that hasn't been seen in Browns' Town for MANY years. I expected some surprises.

    -I got the QB I wanted in Baker, CB in Ward, & RB in Chubb, so I'm happy there. I'm not familiar at all with our other picks, so I won't comment.

    My attitude in general is to play the cards I'm dealt, so "we'll see" & GO BROWNS!

    Mike

    I copied & pasted my post draft comments above...That's my story & I'm stickin' to it!

    Mike

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Bradley Chubb 1 tackle, 1 assist, no sacks, as Broncos give up 323 rushing yards to Jets.

    Zombo

  • Bradley Chubb 1 tackle, 1 assist, no sacks, as Broncos give up 323 rushing yards to Jets.

    Zombo

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #22

    Zombo said:

    Bradley Chubb 1 tackle, 1 assist, no sacks, as Broncos give up 323 rushing yards to Jets.

    Zombo

    That's understandable, Crowell was an all-pro for us. 15-219 seems like another day at the office for him.  Wait, what?

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm seriously considering buying a Color Rush Ward jersey. 

    I'm sad that today is the last time we'll see those unis this year, since we have already worn them the allotted two times for the season. 

    If you find one, please let me know. I'm having no luck finding one.

    Mike

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @canton-mike said:

    If you find one, please let me know. I'm having no luck finding one.

    Mike

    So apparently the Color Rush jerseys aren't as easy to buy as I would have figured... I haven't found a Ward one yet. 

  • @bjh2130 said:

    He laid some pretty good wood on Marshawn Lynch last week.

    Not this guy I said he'll have a similar impact to the Browns as what Marshon Lattimore had to the Saints

    I just remembered how mad people were at the time, just opened it up and saw a few, didnt pay attention to name.

    It's just ironic to me

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #24

    On the thread premise... too early to tell just yet. Remember folks... Joe picked off 6 his rookie year and was a damn good force CB... but I like Ward's odds.

    Ward has one thing Joe never did... blazing speed. Quick glance at their Combine electronic 40 times is all you need to do: 4.32 vs. 4.62... and those are the best of two runs.

    What Joe had on Ward was he was stouter with a bigger wingspan.

    Ultimately injuries diminished Joe. Here's hoping wishing a long, healthy career for Denzel.

    @gunz41 said:

    I just remembered how mad people were at the time, just opened it up and saw a few, didnt pay attention to name.

    It's just ironic to me

    Bandwagons are not just for teams.

  • 7 7moses7 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    I’d take Frank Minnifield or Hanford Dixon over Joe Haden every time 

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Only issue I have with ward is he thinks his first name is TJ. I love the way he tackles but he's not a big dude, he's gonna get himself on the IR tackling like TJ used to do here. But kid brings the wood, even if sometimes it makes guys bounce off him. Amazing cover corner, that's what we need off him...not the big hits. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    Chubb is not an every down player like Ward since he shares with starter Shane Ray for the Broncos. That being said I'm glad we took Ward anyway even if Chubb was our other DE starter. He's a lights out cover corner and ball hawk.?

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #28

    Denzel Ward is Special Teams Player of the Week.

    Congrats, DW!

    Z

  • Denzel Ward is Special Teams Player of the Week.

    Congrats, DW!

    Z

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #29

    Zombo said:

    Denzel Ward is Special Teams Player of the Week.

    Congrats, DW!

    Z

    I saw that, AND he's up for Rookie of the Week again (so's Baker).

    Mike

  • Zombo said:

    Denzel Ward is Special Teams Player of the Week.

    Congrats, DW!

    Z

    I saw that, AND he's up for Rookie of the Week again (so's Baker).

    Mike

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @canton-mike said:

    I saw that, AND he's up for Rookie of the Week again (so's Baker).

    Mike

    This kid does not play much like a rookie. He has no fear of either being beaten or in his tackling. Very special CB!

  • @canton-mike said:

    I saw that, AND he's up for Rookie of the Week again (so's Baker).

    Mike

    This kid does not play much like a rookie. He has no fear of either being beaten or in his tackling. Very special CB!

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @texasag1969 said:

    This kid does not play much like a rookie. He has no fear of either being beaten or in his tackling. Very special CB!

    Yeah Bill. We FINALLY have a FO that is not allergic to drafting OSU players!

    Mike

  • CoyoteC Coyote wrote on last edited by
    #32

    I definitely think Ward will be better than Haden was.      However...…...don't dismiss how great Haden was for 3-4 years.   He played at a All--Pro level.   Joe Haden was the top 2-3 shut down corners for a couple years.     Ward is on pace to surpass that.   We need to draft another top CB and have the reincarnation of Dixon and Minniefield……...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    This kid does not play much like a rookie. He has no fear of either being beaten or in his tackling. Very special CB!

    Yeah Bill. We FINALLY have a FO that is not allergic to drafting OSU players!

    Mike

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @canton-mike said:

    Yeah Bill. We FINALLY have a FO that is not allergic to drafting OSU players!

    Mike

    I've got a SS for 'em next draft. Donovan Wilson was the dominant player in Ky. first loss this past Sunday. They had been a high scoring team, but ran into a buzzsaw that held them to one TD in the first Q. Their other score was a fumble return for TD to get into  OT. Kid is run through 'em hitter. He had the key INT late to stop Ark. the week before too.