Going to be better than Joe Haden ever was .....
-
Dude is an absolute beast. Only one bad play that i remember today was where he tried to put a shoulder high on the receiver, which is very uncharacteristic of him.
The tackle? I think that was on the HB after a catch. He's super fast and can stay in WRs hip pockets, but he isn't gonna lay the wood on a HB
The tackle? I think that was on the HB after a catch. He's super fast and can stay in WRs hip pockets, but he isn't gonna lay the wood on a HB
He tried to tackle high when he could have easily made the tackle by taking out the legs
-
Alright fellas, go back to Page 8 and read what yourself and others said about Denzel Ward when he was drafted lol
Alright fellas, go back to Page 8 and read what yourself and others said about Denzel Ward when he was drafted lol
-Some head scratchers for me, but I expected that as this draft was run by real football people & that hasn't been seen in Browns' Town for MANY years. I expected some surprises.
-I got the QB I wanted in Baker, CB in Ward, & RB in Chubb, so I'm happy there. I'm not familiar at all with our other picks, so I won't comment.
My attitude in general is to play the cards I'm dealt, so "we'll see" & GO BROWNS!
Mike
I copied & pasted my post draft comments above...That's my story & I'm stickin' to it!
Mike
-
-
Bradley Chubb 1 tackle, 1 assist, no sacks, as Broncos give up 323 rushing yards to Jets.
Zombo
Zombo said:
Bradley Chubb 1 tackle, 1 assist, no sacks, as Broncos give up 323 rushing yards to Jets.
Zombo
That's understandable, Crowell was an all-pro for us. 15-219 seems like another day at the office for him. Wait, what?
-
I'm seriously considering buying a Color Rush Ward jersey.
I'm sad that today is the last time we'll see those unis this year, since we have already worn them the allotted two times for the season.
If you find one, please let me know. I'm having no luck finding one.
Mike
If you find one, please let me know. I'm having no luck finding one.
Mike
So apparently the Color Rush jerseys aren't as easy to buy as I would have figured... I haven't found a Ward one yet.
-
He laid some pretty good wood on Marshawn Lynch last week.
Not this guy I said he'll have a similar impact to the Browns as what Marshon Lattimore had to the Saints
I just remembered how mad people were at the time, just opened it up and saw a few, didnt pay attention to name.
It's just ironic to me
On the thread premise... too early to tell just yet. Remember folks... Joe picked off 6 his rookie year and was a damn good force CB... but I like Ward's odds.
Ward has one thing Joe never did... blazing speed. Quick glance at their Combine electronic 40 times is all you need to do: 4.32 vs. 4.62... and those are the best of two runs.
What Joe had on Ward was he was stouter with a bigger wingspan.
Ultimately injuries diminished Joe. Here's hoping wishing a long, healthy career for Denzel.
I just remembered how mad people were at the time, just opened it up and saw a few, didnt pay attention to name.
It's just ironic to me
Bandwagons are not just for teams.
-
-
Only issue I have with ward is he thinks his first name is TJ. I love the way he tackles but he's not a big dude, he's gonna get himself on the IR tackling like TJ used to do here. But kid brings the wood, even if sometimes it makes guys bounce off him. Amazing cover corner, that's what we need off him...not the big hits.
-
Chubb is not an every down player like Ward since he shares with starter Shane Ray for the Broncos. That being said I'm glad we took Ward anyway even if Chubb was our other DE starter. He's a lights out cover corner and ball hawk.?
-
-
Zombo said:
Denzel Ward is Special Teams Player of the Week.
Congrats, DW!
Z
I saw that, AND he's up for Rookie of the Week again (so's Baker).
Mike
-
Zombo said:
Denzel Ward is Special Teams Player of the Week.
Congrats, DW!
Z
I saw that, AND he's up for Rookie of the Week again (so's Baker).
Mike
I saw that, AND he's up for Rookie of the Week again (so's Baker).
Mike
This kid does not play much like a rookie. He has no fear of either being beaten or in his tackling. Very special CB!
-
I saw that, AND he's up for Rookie of the Week again (so's Baker).
Mike
This kid does not play much like a rookie. He has no fear of either being beaten or in his tackling. Very special CB!
This kid does not play much like a rookie. He has no fear of either being beaten or in his tackling. Very special CB!
Yeah Bill. We FINALLY have a FO that is not allergic to drafting OSU players!
Mike
-
I definitely think Ward will be better than Haden was. However...…...don't dismiss how great Haden was for 3-4 years. He played at a All--Pro level. Joe Haden was the top 2-3 shut down corners for a couple years. Ward is on pace to surpass that. We need to draft another top CB and have the reincarnation of Dixon and Minniefield……...
-
This kid does not play much like a rookie. He has no fear of either being beaten or in his tackling. Very special CB!
Yeah Bill. We FINALLY have a FO that is not allergic to drafting OSU players!
Mike
Yeah Bill. We FINALLY have a FO that is not allergic to drafting OSU players!
Mike
I've got a SS for 'em next draft. Donovan Wilson was the dominant player in Ky. first loss this past Sunday. They had been a high scoring team, but ran into a buzzsaw that held them to one TD in the first Q. Their other score was a fumble return for TD to get into OT. Kid is run through 'em hitter. He had the key INT late to stop Ark. the week before too.
-
I definitely think Ward will be better than Haden was. However...…...don't dismiss how great Haden was for 3-4 years. He played at a All--Pro level. Joe Haden was the top 2-3 shut down corners for a couple years. Ward is on pace to surpass that. We need to draft another top CB and have the reincarnation of Dixon and Minniefield……...
-
-
-
This guy is amazing. Not only defending the pass, but also tackling. Love his behaviour and how he speaks.
Make them know your name, #21

I'm seriously considering buying a Color Rush Ward jersey.
I'm sad that today is the last time we'll see those unis this year, since we have already worn them the allotted two times for the season.
I'm seriously considering buying a Color Rush Ward jersey.
I'm sad that today is the last time we'll see those unis this year, since we have already worn them the allotted two times for the season.
It's sad because the players love them and the fans do too. I found some knockoff imitation from China for $40, and I'm ordering the Mayfield one soon. Hopefully they spell the name right, lol.
-
I saw that, AND he's up for Rookie of the Week again (so's Baker).
Mike
This kid does not play much like a rookie. He has no fear of either being beaten or in his tackling. Very special CB!
This kid does not play much like a rookie. He has no fear of either being beaten or in his tackling. Very special CB!
I thought we got an excellent demonstration of Ward's elite speed when he matched up against John Brown and Flacco tried to throw it deep a handful of times but Ward was step for step RIGHT with him. Even the announcers commented on his speed and how good he looked running with a dangerous deep-threat WR like Brown.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login