WEEK 7 - TOP 25 RANKINGS, TV SCHEDULE, MISC. GOSSIP and other key stuff.......
-
6 team. Byes for top two seeds
-
6 team. Byes for top two seeds
With 8 there are 4 teams that go home 4 play round 2 go home leaving the championship game. Simple.
The top two teams do not need any bye weeks besides it reeks of play-in games which are kind of strange to begin with.
-
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other
I count 5 Big Ten and Eight SEC schools at present in the toughest 25 schedules..
SOS can be misleading because most all just play each other, once they get well into the schedules around weeks 8, 9, 10 the true SOS emerges.
SOS can be misleading because most all just play each other, once they get well into the schedules around weeks 8, 9, 10 the true SOS emerges.
Agreed, but at this point in the season it's all we have to attempt to gauge the situation and based upon that, making a "cupcake" statement is ludicrous.
7 teams and #1 gets a bye or 8 teams, no byes...
-
6 team. Byes for top two seeds
No 8 minimum. 16 would be better
-
SOS can be misleading because most all just play each other, once they get well into the schedules around weeks 8, 9, 10 the true SOS emerges.
Agreed, but at this point in the season it's all we have to attempt to gauge the situation and based upon that, making a "cupcake" statement is ludicrous.
7 teams and #1 gets a bye or 8 teams, no byes...
Agreed, but at this point in the season it's all we have to attempt to gauge the situation and based upon that, making a "cupcake" statement is ludicrous.
7 teams and #1 gets a bye or 8 teams, no byes...
Hey I agree with the Axe we might be on to something.......except the cupcake part, it's true if you look at the SEC non-conference games really now
Are you kidding me? The Girl Scouts were already booked?
But on the playoffs I'd be happy to start with an 8 team playoff 1/8 2/7, 3/6, 4/5 would give you some excellent games especially 4/5. And NO BYES. -
Agreed, but at this point in the season it's all we have to attempt to gauge the situation and based upon that, making a "cupcake" statement is ludicrous.
7 teams and #1 gets a bye or 8 teams, no byes...
Hey I agree with the Axe we might be on to something.......except the cupcake part, it's true if you look at the SEC non-conference games really now
Are you kidding me? The Girl Scouts were already booked?
But on the playoffs I'd be happy to start with an 8 team playoff 1/8 2/7, 3/6, 4/5 would give you some excellent games especially 4/5. And NO BYES.Hey I agree with the Axe we might be on to something.......except the cupcake part, it's true if you look at the SEC non-conference games really now
Are you kidding me? The Girl Scouts were already booked?
But on the playoffs I'd be happy to start with an 8 team playoff 1/8 2/7, 3/6, 4/5 would give you some excellent games especially 4/5. And NO BYES.East Germany are such a bunch of gutless wonders for scheduling like that.
-
Agreed, but at this point in the season it's all we have to attempt to gauge the situation and based upon that, making a "cupcake" statement is ludicrous.
7 teams and #1 gets a bye or 8 teams, no byes...
Hey I agree with the Axe we might be on to something.......except the cupcake part, it's true if you look at the SEC non-conference games really now
Are you kidding me? The Girl Scouts were already booked?
But on the playoffs I'd be happy to start with an 8 team playoff 1/8 2/7, 3/6, 4/5 would give you some excellent games especially 4/5. And NO BYES.Hey I agree with the Axe we might be on to something.......except the cupcake part, it's true if you look at the SEC non-conference games really now
Could've been worse.. Bama could have scheduled someone from the Big10..

-
Hey I agree with the Axe we might be on to something.......except the cupcake part, it's true if you look at the SEC non-conference games really now
Could've been worse.. Bama could have scheduled someone from the Big10..

-
Hey I agree with the Axe we might be on to something.......except the cupcake part, it's true if you look at the SEC non-conference games really now
Could've been worse.. Bama could have scheduled someone from the Big10..

Could've been worse.. Bama could have scheduled someone from the Big10..

I'm sure you're just kidding us you know The Citadel is a fine school in the D-1AA (FCS) division a bit different than the D-1A schools in the BIG TEN.
The Citadel Bulldogs football program represents The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). The Bulldogs play in the Southern Conference, as they have since 1936.
Other SEC schools also play schools from the D-1AA ranks some from this very conference.......except for getting all the icing and powdered sugar off of their uniforms it "probably" is a rousing game of football.

-
Could've been worse.. Bama could have scheduled someone from the Big10..

I'm sure you're just kidding us you know The Citadel is a fine school in the D-1AA (FCS) division a bit different than the D-1A schools in the BIG TEN.
The Citadel Bulldogs football program represents The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). The Bulldogs play in the Southern Conference, as they have since 1936.
Other SEC schools also play schools from the D-1AA ranks some from this very conference.......except for getting all the icing and powdered sugar off of their uniforms it "probably" is a rousing game of football.

-
Of course I am but I will say this, last yr the SEC was down.. Wait, who played for the national championship again?
Well there's no doubt the top football factory schools along with the US population has moved down south over the past 30 plus years.
Nick Saban from WV and a Kent State grad took all of his northern roots including stays with the BUCKEYES and BROWNS and ended up at the current #1 football factory Alabama. OHIO STATE also has a nice football factory too.
But we fans seem to love it regardless of the details.
-
-
I'm just happy to see a degree of parity between conferences.. I much prefer college ball to the NFL..
I'm just happy to see a degree of parity between conferences.. I much prefer college ball to the NFL..
Yes I've preferred NCAA football and of course the March Madness in hoops for a long while now. It's 1. NCAA football 2. NFL football 3. MLB for me.
Oh another strange but true story that little sawed off 5' 6" Nick Saban was a DB at KSU the same time I was at YSU.
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
