Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. league is starting to talk about Bake....

league is starting to talk about Bake....

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
38 Posts 22 Posters 1.2k Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
    • 24k Posts
    • 1k Reputation
    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #1

    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
      • 13k Posts
      • 5k Reputation
      tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

      T NeroN hoortaH 3 Replies Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • tiamat63T tiamat63

        I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

        TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 23k Posts
        • 6k Reputation
        T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
        #3

        @tiamat63 said:

        I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

        Superbowl winner?! I'll take it any day of the week if he'll just match it one time.?

        1 Reply Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • tiamat63T tiamat63

          I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

          Nero NeroN Conversation Starter Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 2k Posts
          • 1k Reputation
          NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @tiamat63 said:

          I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

          True that. He was a gunslinger. I'd prefer a game manager that knows when to take risks. 

          Tour2maT 1 Reply Last reply
          👍
          Quote Reply
          • tiamat63T tiamat63

            I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

            hoorta hoortaH Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 20k Posts
            • 5k Reputation
            hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @tiamat63 said:

            I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

            The other comparison is Brees, I'll take either one. Just win baby!!!  

            The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
            👍
            Quote Reply
            • nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
              • 14k Posts
              • 5k Reputation
              nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
              #6

              I would rather he just evolves in to "Baker".. A damn good QB we can rely on .. We're winning games because of him.. He's not on just for the ride... He's having a positive affect on games with favorable outcomes since he has started... He's doing exponentially better than the other rookies playing...(QB's)... I think that's a pretty damn good start!

              Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
              jiggins7919J 1 Reply Last reply
              👍
              Quote Reply
              • nickersN nickers

                I would rather he just evolves in to "Baker".. A damn good QB we can rely on .. We're winning games because of him.. He's not on just for the ride... He's having a positive affect on games with favorable outcomes since he has started... He's doing exponentially better than the other rookies playing...(QB's)... I think that's a pretty damn good start!

                jiggins7919 jiggins7919J Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 5k Posts
                • 1k Reputation
                jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
                #7

                @nickers said:

                I would rather he just evolves in to "Baker".. A damn good QB we can rely on .. We're winning games because of him.. He's not on just for the ride... He's having a positive affect on games with favorable outcomes since he has started... He's doing exponentially better than the other rookies playing...(QB's)... I think that's a pretty damn good start!

                Tough to argue with that!

                1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • hoortaH hoorta

                  @tiamat63 said:

                  I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

                  The other comparison is Brees, I'll take either one. Just win baby!!!  

                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                  • 57k Posts
                  • 4k Reputation
                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @hoorta said:

                  The other comparison is Brees, I'll take either one. Just win baby!!!  

                  Otto Graham.......7 Championships!!

                  flyingfooldougF 1 Reply Last reply
                  👍
                  Quote Reply
                  • NeroN Nero

                    @tiamat63 said:

                    I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

                    True that. He was a gunslinger. I'd prefer a game manager that knows when to take risks. 

                    Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                    • 30k Posts
                    • 6k Reputation
                    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    @nero said:

                    True that. He was a gunslinger. I'd prefer a game manager that knows when to take risks. 

                    Nailed it...

                    Have I mentioned recently that Favre is the most overrated player in the HOF?

                    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                    The GipperT T 2 Replies Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                      @nero said:

                      True that. He was a gunslinger. I'd prefer a game manager that knows when to take risks. 

                      Nailed it...

                      Have I mentioned recently that Favre is the most overrated player in the HOF?

                      The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                      • 57k Posts
                      • 4k Reputation
                      The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                      #10

                      @tour2ma said:

                      Nailed it...

                      Have I mentioned recently that Favre is the most overrated player in the HOF?

                      You have given that incorrect opinion before, yes.  No one agreed with you then, no one agrees with you now.

                      1 Reply Last reply
                      Quote Reply
                      • tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                        • 13k Posts
                        • 5k Reputation
                        tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
                        #11

                        My point being, I would like Baker to be Favre in terms of approach to the game.  His near boyhood like giddy attitude when having fun with his team mates, the lighthearted yet firm leadership, etc etc.         But I want him to make smarter decisions with the ball and limit turnovers.

                        Brett won a Superbowl.   But Brett is also the reason he didn't go to play for two more.  

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                          • 30k Posts
                          • 6k Reputation
                          Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
                          #12

                          At least two more...

                          "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
                          tiamat63T 1 Reply Last reply
                          Quote Reply
                          • Tour2maT Tour2ma

                            At least two more...

                            tiamat63 tiamat63T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Collaborator First Post Posting Machine Week One Done One Month Later One Year In Very Popular
                            • 13k Posts
                            • 5k Reputation
                            tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            @tour2ma said:

                            At least two more...

                            I'm being conservative in my estimation but that isn't far off either.  

                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • Clevfan4life C Banned Very Popular
                              • 24k Posts
                              • 1k Reputation
                              C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              i personally dont see the comparison to farve. Farve was a wild man, also played in a diff era. Baker nay not have farves utter cannon either, rem farve might have the biggest arm of all time alongside vick, marino, elway...

                              but bake isnt wild. I think the brees comparison is better. Brees with a little more athleticism and a better arm. Bakes arm is better than people realize i think. 

                              The GipperT 1 Reply Last reply
                              👍
                              Quote Reply
                              • Kvoethe KvoetheK Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 3k Posts
                                • 924 Reputation
                                KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
                                #15

                                Favre liked his vicodin

                                DieHardBrownsFanD hoortaH 2 Replies Last reply
                                😂
                                Quote Reply
                                • C Clevfan4life

                                  i personally dont see the comparison to farve. Farve was a wild man, also played in a diff era. Baker nay not have farves utter cannon either, rem farve might have the biggest arm of all time alongside vick, marino, elway...

                                  but bake isnt wild. I think the brees comparison is better. Brees with a little more athleticism and a better arm. Bakes arm is better than people realize i think. 

                                  The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                  • 57k Posts
                                  • 4k Reputation
                                  The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                  #16

                                  @clevfan4life said:

                                  i personally dont see the comparison to farve. Farve was a wild man, also played in a diff era. Baker nay not have farves utter cannon either, rem farve might have the biggest arm of all time alongside vick, marino, elway...

                                  but bake isnt wild. I think the brees comparison is better. Brees with a little more athleticism and a better arm. Bakes arm is better than people realize i think. 

                                  Everybody wants to pigeonhole people.   "He's the next  this, or the next that"...

                                  The only guy that was really the "next" somebody else,   was Kobe Bryant.  He was the next Michael Jordan.   Pretty much the same height/weight/speed as Jordan.  Had the same kind of game,  played in the same system for the same coach. He WAS pretty much an MJ clone because of that.   It is one of the reasons I put MJ down on the list of "greatest players".....because along came a guy as good as him, in the same system, doing the same things.   I say they were both the product of the Phil Jackson system.

                                  But for these QBs......we just want to make comparisons in order to make it easy on ourselves to decide how good them may become.

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • blitzz2 B Conversation Starter Reacting Well Dedicated Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 243 Posts
                                    • 60 Reputation
                                    B blitzz2 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    To hell with the comparisons, Let Baker make his own way, and when it's all said and done. They compare the new guys to Baker. When they do that, Then you know we had found our quarterback.

                                    IbleedbrownI 1 Reply Last reply
                                    👍
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • KvoetheK Kvoethe

                                      Favre liked his vicodin

                                      DieHardBrownsFan DieHardBrownsFanD Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Collaborator Posting Machine First Post One Month Later Week One Done One Year In
                                      • 28k Posts
                                      • 6k Reputation
                                      DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
                                      #18

                                      @kvoethe said:

                                      Favre liked his vicodin

                                      Who the fuc k doesn't like vicodin?

                                      "You planning on having a long relationship with that glass or are you going to drink it? Drink up, man. Maybe we can get another.” - Janis Joplin, 1970.
                                      The GipperT Tour2maT 2 Replies Last reply
                                      😂
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan

                                        @kvoethe said:

                                        Favre liked his vicodin

                                        Who the fuc k doesn't like vicodin?

                                        The Gipper The GipperT In Memoriam Very Popular
                                        • 57k Posts
                                        • 4k Reputation
                                        The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @diehardbrownsfan said:

                                        Who the fuc k doesn't like vicodin?

                                        I don't like having to take it.   Yes, it kills the pain and knocks me out......but I feel like a drug addled junkie after I have done so.  And it gives me the jitters.    Not saying I would never take it.  I would if necessary....but I would not want to have to.

                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • B blitzz2

                                          To hell with the comparisons, Let Baker make his own way, and when it's all said and done. They compare the new guys to Baker. When they do that, Then you know we had found our quarterback.

                                          Ibleedbrown IbleedbrownI Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 5k Posts
                                          • 2k Reputation
                                          IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
                                          #20

                                          @blitzz2 said:

                                          To hell with the comparisons, Let Baker make his own way, and when it's all said and done. They compare the new guys to Baker. When they do that, Then you know we had found our quarterback.

                                          I’m on your page. Comparison’s are just a crutch to create a basis of comparison. If Baker’s career goes the way l think it will, within a few years he will be the basis of comparison. 

                                          The video clip from the OP already has talking heads fawning over him. Hell, he’s still just a rookie and not really in a position to throw his weight around. Wait for that day. It’ll be fun.

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate