Skip to content

league is starting to talk about Bake....

The Browns Board
38 22 1.2k 1
  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #1

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

  • I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    @tiamat63 said:

    I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

    Superbowl winner?! I'll take it any day of the week if he'll just match it one time.?

  • I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @tiamat63 said:

    I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

    True that. He was a gunslinger. I'd prefer a game manager that knows when to take risks. 

  • I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @tiamat63 said:

    I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

    The other comparison is Brees, I'll take either one. Just win baby!!!  

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #6

    I would rather he just evolves in to "Baker".. A damn good QB we can rely on .. We're winning games because of him.. He's not on just for the ride... He's having a positive affect on games with favorable outcomes since he has started... He's doing exponentially better than the other rookies playing...(QB's)... I think that's a pretty damn good start!

  • I would rather he just evolves in to "Baker".. A damn good QB we can rely on .. We're winning games because of him.. He's not on just for the ride... He's having a positive affect on games with favorable outcomes since he has started... He's doing exponentially better than the other rookies playing...(QB's)... I think that's a pretty damn good start!

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @nickers said:

    I would rather he just evolves in to "Baker".. A damn good QB we can rely on .. We're winning games because of him.. He's not on just for the ride... He's having a positive affect on games with favorable outcomes since he has started... He's doing exponentially better than the other rookies playing...(QB's)... I think that's a pretty damn good start!

    Tough to argue with that!

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

    The other comparison is Brees, I'll take either one. Just win baby!!!  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @hoorta said:

    The other comparison is Brees, I'll take either one. Just win baby!!!  

    Otto Graham.......7 Championships!!

  • @tiamat63 said:

    I keep hearing the name Favre.  That's not a comparison I really want Baker to be.  

    True that. He was a gunslinger. I'd prefer a game manager that knows when to take risks. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @nero said:

    True that. He was a gunslinger. I'd prefer a game manager that knows when to take risks. 

    Nailed it...

    Have I mentioned recently that Favre is the most overrated player in the HOF?

  • @nero said:

    True that. He was a gunslinger. I'd prefer a game manager that knows when to take risks. 

    Nailed it...

    Have I mentioned recently that Favre is the most overrated player in the HOF?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @tour2ma said:

    Nailed it...

    Have I mentioned recently that Favre is the most overrated player in the HOF?

    You have given that incorrect opinion before, yes.  No one agreed with you then, no one agrees with you now.

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by tiamat63
    #11

    My point being, I would like Baker to be Favre in terms of approach to the game.  His near boyhood like giddy attitude when having fun with his team mates, the lighthearted yet firm leadership, etc etc.         But I want him to make smarter decisions with the ball and limit turnovers.

    Brett won a Superbowl.   But Brett is also the reason he didn't go to play for two more.  

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #12

    At least two more...

  • At least two more...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @tour2ma said:

    At least two more...

    I'm being conservative in my estimation but that isn't far off either.  

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #14

    i personally dont see the comparison to farve. Farve was a wild man, also played in a diff era. Baker nay not have farves utter cannon either, rem farve might have the biggest arm of all time alongside vick, marino, elway...

    but bake isnt wild. I think the brees comparison is better. Brees with a little more athleticism and a better arm. Bakes arm is better than people realize i think. 

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by
    #15

    Favre liked his vicodin

  • i personally dont see the comparison to farve. Farve was a wild man, also played in a diff era. Baker nay not have farves utter cannon either, rem farve might have the biggest arm of all time alongside vick, marino, elway...

    but bake isnt wild. I think the brees comparison is better. Brees with a little more athleticism and a better arm. Bakes arm is better than people realize i think. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @clevfan4life said:

    i personally dont see the comparison to farve. Farve was a wild man, also played in a diff era. Baker nay not have farves utter cannon either, rem farve might have the biggest arm of all time alongside vick, marino, elway...

    but bake isnt wild. I think the brees comparison is better. Brees with a little more athleticism and a better arm. Bakes arm is better than people realize i think. 

    Everybody wants to pigeonhole people.   "He's the next  this, or the next that"...

    The only guy that was really the "next" somebody else,   was Kobe Bryant.  He was the next Michael Jordan.   Pretty much the same height/weight/speed as Jordan.  Had the same kind of game,  played in the same system for the same coach. He WAS pretty much an MJ clone because of that.   It is one of the reasons I put MJ down on the list of "greatest players".....because along came a guy as good as him, in the same system, doing the same things.   I say they were both the product of the Phil Jackson system.

    But for these QBs......we just want to make comparisons in order to make it easy on ourselves to decide how good them may become.

  • B blitzz2 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    To hell with the comparisons, Let Baker make his own way, and when it's all said and done. They compare the new guys to Baker. When they do that, Then you know we had found our quarterback.

  • Favre liked his vicodin

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @kvoethe said:

    Favre liked his vicodin

    Who the fuc k doesn't like vicodin?

  • @kvoethe said:

    Favre liked his vicodin

    Who the fuc k doesn't like vicodin?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Who the fuc k doesn't like vicodin?

    I don't like having to take it.   Yes, it kills the pain and knocks me out......but I feel like a drug addled junkie after I have done so.  And it gives me the jitters.    Not saying I would never take it.  I would if necessary....but I would not want to have to.

  • To hell with the comparisons, Let Baker make his own way, and when it's all said and done. They compare the new guys to Baker. When they do that, Then you know we had found our quarterback.

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @blitzz2 said:

    To hell with the comparisons, Let Baker make his own way, and when it's all said and done. They compare the new guys to Baker. When they do that, Then you know we had found our quarterback.

    I’m on your page. Comparison’s are just a crutch to create a basis of comparison. If Baker’s career goes the way l think it will, within a few years he will be the basis of comparison. 

    The video clip from the OP already has talking heads fawning over him. Hell, he’s still just a rookie and not really in a position to throw his weight around. Wait for that day. It’ll be fun.