Skip to content

Peter King: Football Morning in America

The Browns Board
15 8 1.1k
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #3

    I know everyone is on the Baker bandwagon, and that's great, but the Browns scored 12 points yesterday.

    Everyone should be talking about the defense. That performance yesterday was clutch. 

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #4

    I saw the other thread about the NFL world talking about Baker. It’s more than that and the world is taking notice. We are back, we are legit and we are bad butt. 

  • I saw the other thread about the NFL world talking about Baker. It’s more than that and the world is taking notice. We are back, we are legit and we are bad butt. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #5

    @jcam222 said:

    I saw the other thread about the NFL world talking about Baker. It’s more than that and the world is taking notice. We are back, we are legit and we are bad butt. 

    I have my doubts that the Browns will end up in the playoffs this season. 

    But man, the Browns are a team NO ONE wants to play now. 

    That's right folks, the Browns are dangerous. They've been dangerous to themselves for years, but now they can cause problems for other teams. ?

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #6

    Ravens have the 3rd ranked overall defense [wrt yards given up] [7th rushing, 6th passing].. so only 12 points is not bad.

    Note that someone named the Browns have the 22nd rush and 28th pass defense.

    Paraphrasing The Wolf, don't start buying those playoff tickets just yet.

    Baltimore has the 11th rank offense [25th rush, 8 pass]

    Cleveland has the 17th rank offense [2 rush, 23 pass].  Yes, we have the second-most rushes, rushing yards and rushing TD's..

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I was watching Tailgate 19, and they mentioned that the stinkin ratbirds defense was #2 in the NFL before the game.

    After the game, well, the Browns defense looks like it could eventually displace the ratbirds in the top two. we'll see.

    If I recall correctly, the Browns defense had given up a lot less yards passing. I believe the Browns are just turning the corner,

    and headed for the straightaway. Hammer down.

  • @jcam222 said:

    I saw the other thread about the NFL world talking about Baker. It’s more than that and the world is taking notice. We are back, we are legit and we are bad butt. 

    I have my doubts that the Browns will end up in the playoffs this season. 

    But man, the Browns are a team NO ONE wants to play now. 

    That's right folks, the Browns are dangerous. They've been dangerous to themselves for years, but now they can cause problems for other teams. ?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @dutch-oven said:

    That's right folks, the Browns are dangerous.

    As teams that pound the rock and play a strong D tend to be...

    Passing league... pffffft....

  • O Ous wrote on last edited by Ous
    #9

    “I ain’t been around you a long time, but I know this: You don’t flinch,” Jackson said. “You keep playing. You gotta keep doing that for this football team.”

    -Hue

    Does anyone still get the feeling Hue still isn't ALL IN on Baker? It's like he's saying "Well, if it was up to me, you probably wouldn't be in there yet, but I appreciate what you're doing".

    ?

    I dunno. Maybe I'm nuts.

  • O Ous

    “I ain’t been around you a long time, but I know this: You don’t flinch,” Jackson said. “You keep playing. You gotta keep doing that for this football team.”

    -Hue

    Does anyone still get the feeling Hue still isn't ALL IN on Baker? It's like he's saying "Well, if it was up to me, you probably wouldn't be in there yet, but I appreciate what you're doing".

    ?

    I dunno. Maybe I'm nuts.

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #10

    @ous said:

    I dunno. Maybe I'm nuts.

    If so, then you came to the right place. 😉

    Given the 2016 and 2017 QB turnstylings of our HC your wariness is understandable and we all know what the original plan was, but I don't know how Baker could "keep doing that for this football team", if Hue had any inclination to revert to Tyrod.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #11

    All i know is Hues history suggests Baker would never have been his choice. I think Dorsey, Wolf et al were behind the pick. 

  • All i know is Hues history suggests Baker would never have been his choice. I think Dorsey, Wolf et al were behind the pick. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #12

    @londonbrown said:

    All i know is Hues history suggests Baker would never have been his choice. I think Dorsey, Wolf et al were behind the pick. 

    Huh? Did you close the Pubs tonite? 😉

    Still owe me a crawl...

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Id say that Hue has a huge coaching boner for Mayfield and is in love with the fact hes playing, as am I

  • @londonbrown said:

    All i know is Hues history suggests Baker would never have been his choice. I think Dorsey, Wolf et al were behind the pick. 

    Huh? Did you close the Pubs tonite? 😉

    Still owe me a crawl...

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @tour2ma said:

    Huh? Did you close the Pubs tonite? 😉

    Still owe me a crawl...

    Got a browns party over here on 10/28 ?

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #15

    lol... a Browns party without the Browns?

    I'll pass.