Skip to content

Team stats

The Browns Board
9 7 748
  • ย OFFENSE

    PTS

    22.820TH

    YDS

    376.016TH

    PASS YDS

    231.423RD

    RUSH YDS

    144.62ND

    DEFENSE

    PTS

    22.612TH

    YDS

    398.027TH

    PASS YDS

    281.427TH

    RUSHย 

    116.622ND

  • Laptop is switched off and I can't edit properly in the cell phone...

    I was checking Browns' team stats and I've been thinking about them (thanks, insomnia):ย 

    First of all, I remember having this as a heated argument last year: most important stat is points and points allowed. I remember that we were great last year at many defensive stats but we were one of the teams that allowed the most points. No matter if the defense was gassed or not, the other team simply always scored more points.

    Looking at that, we can be proud of our defense. I see that it's kind of the Williams goal: bend but not break. Make them have to go all the field and fight every yard, not allowing many big plays and trying to force turnovers. I couldn't care less if we allow many yards, it's the points I care about: keeping the rivals under 20 points should be our goal, and if it wasn't for the Raiders' blunder (and turnover fest) we could be at that spot.

    The same can be said in offense. Hopefully, the new kicker and Mayfield can make every yard this team gets "more productive" and we can match our total points with our total yards.

    If we get to rank as a top 10 defense and a top 16 attack, it is going to be an amazing ride, because of two facts:ย 

    1. The team is not unbalanced (see 2015 Denver, 2016 Falcons) You can win SBs being unbalanced, but it's not convenient to depend on a side of the ball.

    2. We are going to average more scored points than points allowed. And that's simply the way games are won.

    I'm really hopeful as I like the way the team is being shaped: a nice D with an efficient attack relying in the ground, with an effective QB. This means that even though all of us are enthusiastic about Baker, the team doesn't fall solely on his shoulders, as we got a D and a nice running backs corp. That can ease his growing pains as a rookie QB and hopefuly we FINALLY have a core of key players to build upon, and a franchise QB among them.

  • PLaying OT every other week tends to pad your yardage stats... ๐Ÿ˜‰

  • PLaying OT every other week tends to pad your yardage stats... ๐Ÿ˜‰

    @tour2ma said:

    PLaying OT every other week tends to pad your yardage stats... ๐Ÿ˜‰

    True that. I just did the math and if it wasn't for the Raiders game, we would be averaging 17,25 points allowed per game, which would be 5th best.

  • PLaying OT every other week tends to pad your yardage stats... ๐Ÿ˜‰

    @tour2ma said:

    PLaying OT every other week tends to pad your yardage stats... ๐Ÿ˜‰

    May also affect your defense, time of possesion and other numbers too......but 2018 has been an unusual year.

  • Our rushing stats are a bit skewed by 3 long Chub runs and Tyrod's running while he was QB.ย  The stats make it look like we can run at will...when we see that it's not actually the case.

  • Our rushing stats are a bit skewed by 3 long Chub runs and Tyrod's running while he was QB.ย  The stats make it look like we can run at will...when we see that it's not actually the case.

    @orion said:

    Our rushing stats are a bit skewedย 

    Were Skewed all over๐Ÿ˜‰.(but it feels good). Our overall OL grade ranks from 12th to 15th..They all love Tretter in pass pro scoring over 80..But..We only rankย 1 sack from dead last with Bills allowing 22 in 5 weeks played..Tyrod accounted for 13 sacks. In 2.5 games, Baker accounts for 8 sacks..At same pace,Baker would be on record in a 16 game season being sacked almost 51 times..am not sure the kid got tackled 51 times in 2 seasons at Oklahoma..ย ย ย