The official Terry Pluto thread
-
F'n Browns kickers. ?
-
F'n Browns kickers. ?
-
-
Must have a subscription to read
That's funny that happens to some folks. I don't have subscription but it always pops up for me. Don't know why. Sorry.
WSS
-
-
-
-
-
Anyway if you can read this one without the pay wall this is an excellent story about what happened with obj. Fans have a tendency to take stuff personally and missed the point. Pluto is pretty straight up.
WSS
-
Anyway if you can read this one without the pay wall this is an excellent story about what happened with obj. Fans have a tendency to take stuff personally and missed the point. Pluto is pretty straight up.
WSS
Anyway if you can read this one
Thanks. I could read it.
-
Anyway if you can read this one
Thanks. I could read it.
-
good read !
4. A criticism of Stefanski is his offense doesn’t feature receivers. It’s running backs and tight ends.
But when you have Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt (or even the underrated D’Ernest Johnson) it makes sense to rely on the run.
Pluto, telling it like it is.... ^^
Wide Receiver
The average NFL team has 5.7 WRs on their roster.
2020 (6) – Odell Beckham Jr., Rashard Higgins, KhaDarel Hodge, Jarvis Landry, JoJo Natson, Donovan Peoples-Jones
2021 (5+1) – Odell Beckham Jr., Jarvis Landry, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Anthony Schwartz, Rashard Higgins, (Demetric Felton)The Browns used 3 wide receiver sets on 44% of snaps during the 2021 season and 42% during 2020, both 29th highest in the league. Unless Stefanski plans to reduce his tight-end snaps and increase the wide receiver usage it will mean we need to prioritize players who can play on the outside. The tight ends and running back will operate in the short to medium range, this means the Browns need the wide receivers to stretch the medium to the deep area. Failure to do this will congest the field and make it harder for both the quarterback/offense to perform.
^^ and why Berry & Stef's, season ending pressers were addressed by media about 'offensive schemes' ^^^
-
Pluto's Q & A's with the fans...
The Land's best... https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/01/what-about-stefanskis-offense-would-a-receiver-want-to-come-to-browns-hey-terry.html
this may lock shortly..
-
-
3. I believe they would have won two more games if they had played Case Keenum against Pittsburgh (twice). Baker Mayfield was beat up. I hope they learned something from that. They also lost 16-10 to Baltimore with Mayfield looking physically worn out.
Here's the problem I have with that; if the medical team is telling you ('you' are the HC) that the starting QB is medically cleared to play...and the player tells you that he's good to play...and he partakes in practices...and yet you decide to start the backup...what reason are you going to give?
a) You're gonna say that your medical team is crap? You're sitting him because he's hurt?
b) You're sitting him because you think the backup is better.
Those are the choices. You certainly can't say, I'm not going to start him because he's in a slump.
-
3. I believe they would have won two more games if they had played Case Keenum against Pittsburgh (twice). Baker Mayfield was beat up. I hope they learned something from that. They also lost 16-10 to Baltimore with Mayfield looking physically worn out.
Here's the problem I have with that; if the medical team is telling you ('you' are the HC) that the starting QB is medically cleared to play...and the player tells you that he's good to play...and he partakes in practices...and yet you decide to start the backup...what reason are you going to give?
a) You're gonna say that your medical team is crap? You're sitting him because he's hurt?
b) You're sitting him because you think the backup is better.
Those are the choices. You certainly can't say, I'm not going to start him because he's in a slump.
3. I believe they would have won two more games if they had played Case Keenum against Pittsburgh (twice). Baker Mayfield was beat up. I hope they learned something from that. They also lost 16-10 to Baltimore with Mayfield looking physically worn out.
Here's the problem I have with that; if the medical team is telling you ('you' are the HC) that the starting QB is medically cleared to play...and the player tells you that he's good to play...and he partakes in practices...and yet you decide to start the backup...what reason are you going to give?
a) You're gonna say that your medical team is crap? You're sitting him because he's hurt?
b) You're sitting him because you think the backup is better.
Those are the choices. You certainly can't say, I'm not going to start him because he's in a slump.
You play Baker, and when he shows he isn't better, you play the sub. Players are always going to say they are good to go....well, at least most are.
-
3. I believe they would have won two more games if they had played Case Keenum against Pittsburgh (twice). Baker Mayfield was beat up. I hope they learned something from that. They also lost 16-10 to Baltimore with Mayfield looking physically worn out.
Here's the problem I have with that; if the medical team is telling you ('you' are the HC) that the starting QB is medically cleared to play...and the player tells you that he's good to play...and he partakes in practices...and yet you decide to start the backup...what reason are you going to give?
a) You're gonna say that your medical team is crap? You're sitting him because he's hurt?
b) You're sitting him because you think the backup is better.
Those are the choices. You certainly can't say, I'm not going to start him because he's in a slump.
You play Baker, and when he shows he isn't better, you play the sub. Players are always going to say they are good to go....well, at least most are.
You play Baker, and when he shows he isn't better, you play the sub.
Yup...but that kicks the can to the next corner. We'd already been seeing less than stellar games. And so being medically cleared to play now you're benching him because he stinks (I mean, he doesn't have his 'A' game)...and Stef just refused to pull him for performance reasons.
edit and add: I'll go further and hypothesize that maybe, in some small part, Stef didn't play Keenum because Baker would've become a team morale issue. All we know for sure is that Stef was steadfast, the whole time, that Baker would start if healthy.
-
You play Baker, and when he shows he isn't better, you play the sub.
Yup...but that kicks the can to the next corner. We'd already been seeing less than stellar games. And so being medically cleared to play now you're benching him because he stinks (I mean, he doesn't have his 'A' game)...and Stef just refused to pull him for performance reasons.
edit and add: I'll go further and hypothesize that maybe, in some small part, Stef didn't play Keenum because Baker would've become a team morale issue. All we know for sure is that Stef was steadfast, the whole time, that Baker would start if healthy.
Yup...but that kicks the can to the next corner. We'd already been seeing less than stellar games. And so being medically cleared to play now you're benching him because he stinks (I mean, he doesn't have his 'A' game)...and Stef just refused to pull him for performance reasons.
edit and add: I'll go further and hypothesize that maybe, in some small part, Stef didn't play Keenum because Baker would've become a team morale issue. All we know for sure is that Stef was steadfast, the whole time, that Baker would start if healthy.
Yup...but that kicks the can to the next corner. We'd already been seeing less than stellar games. And so being medically cleared to play now you're benching him because he stinks (I mean, he doesn't have his 'A' game)...and Stef just refused to pull him for performance reasons.
edit and add: I'll go further and hypothesize that maybe, in some small part, Stef didn't play Keenum because Baker would've become a team morale issue. All we know for sure is that Stef was steadfast, the whole time, that Baker would start if healthy.
I don't see it that way. Being medically cleared in this case didn't mean he would be able to play at 100%. Doctors aren't commenting on a players ability to play in top form. They are simply saying that from a medial standpoint he isn't or wasn't going to cause further damage. The muscle was torn. It couldn't tear any further and it being torn wasn't going to cause other problems if he played.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login