Skip to content

The official Terry Pluto thread

The Browns Board
1.1k 45 54.0k 1
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

      2. None of this happens unless General Manager John Dorsey and his front office select Mayfield with the No. 1 pick. Suppose they had taken my guy (Josh Rosen). Or they had taken the favorite of the draft experts (Sam Darnold). Or maybe picked Saquon Barkley, the running back from Penn State.

    3. Barkley is a star with the New York Giants, but Pat Shurmur’s team won only five games with veteran Eli Manning at QB. Rosen had a miserable rookie year with the Arizona Cardinals. Darnold had a few nice moments, but he has a long way to go before being considered a viable long-term NFL starting quarterback.......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Oh how Dorsey and Mayfield helped prove a LOT of people wrong (me included). Can't wait for the 2019 draft and offseason moves....I can't believe I'm actually saying that.  😳

  •   2. None of this happens unless General Manager John Dorsey and his front office select Mayfield with the No. 1 pick. Suppose they had taken my guy (Josh Rosen). Or they had taken the favorite of the draft experts (Sam Darnold). Or maybe picked Saquon Barkley, the running back from Penn State.

    3. Barkley is a star with the New York Giants, but Pat Shurmur’s team won only five games with veteran Eli Manning at QB. Rosen had a miserable rookie year with the Arizona Cardinals. Darnold had a few nice moments, but he has a long way to go before being considered a viable long-term NFL starting quarterback.......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Oh how Dorsey and Mayfield helped prove a LOT of people wrong (me included). Can't wait for the 2019 draft and offseason moves....I can't believe I'm actually saying that.  😳

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

      2. None of this happens unless General Manager John Dorsey and his front office select Mayfield with the No. 1 pick. Suppose they had taken my guy (Josh Rosen). Or they had taken the favorite of the draft experts (Sam Darnold). Or maybe picked Saquon Barkley, the running back from Penn State.

    3. Barkley is a star with the New York Giants, but Pat Shurmur’s team won only five games with veteran Eli Manning at QB. Rosen had a miserable rookie year with the Arizona Cardinals. Darnold had a few nice moments, but he has a long way to go before being considered a viable long-term NFL starting quarterback.......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Oh how Dorsey and Mayfield helped prove a LOT of people wrong (me included). Can't wait for the 2019 draft and offseason moves....I can't believe I'm actually saying that.  😳

    This is the very first off season that I have looked forward to the next season with genuine optimism since the late 80s. 

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

  • @mjp28 said:

      2. None of this happens unless General Manager John Dorsey and his front office select Mayfield with the No. 1 pick. Suppose they had taken my guy (Josh Rosen). Or they had taken the favorite of the draft experts (Sam Darnold). Or maybe picked Saquon Barkley, the running back from Penn State.

    3. Barkley is a star with the New York Giants, but Pat Shurmur’s team won only five games with veteran Eli Manning at QB. Rosen had a miserable rookie year with the Arizona Cardinals. Darnold had a few nice moments, but he has a long way to go before being considered a viable long-term NFL starting quarterback.......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Oh how Dorsey and Mayfield helped prove a LOT of people wrong (me included). Can't wait for the 2019 draft and offseason moves....I can't believe I'm actually saying that.  😳

    This is the very first off season that I have looked forward to the next season with genuine optimism since the late 80s. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    This is the very first off season that I have looked forward to the next season with genuine optimism since the late 80s. 

    Now with just the SB LIII and the exhibition game formerly known as the Pro Bowl left I imagine many of us feel the same way.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    This is the very first off season that I have looked forward to the next season with genuine optimism since the late 80s. 

    Now with just the SB LIII and the exhibition game formerly known as the Pro Bowl left I imagine many of us feel the same way.

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Now with just the SB LIII and the exhibition game formerly known as the Pro Bowl left I imagine many of us feel the same way.

    WHAT super bowl? You mean the Ref Bowl?

    I'll be tying flies on Ref Bowl Sunday in preparation for this coming fishing season.

    Mike

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    This is something Browns fans have missed: A chance to sit and shiver through bone-chilling winter weather and watch their favorite team in the playoffs.

    Even if it means have yet another rotten Browns postseason memory.

    For the record, the Browns lost: 36-33. ........

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Ahhhh yes cold weather memories, we look forward to more.

  • This is something Browns fans have missed: A chance to sit and shiver through bone-chilling winter weather and watch their favorite team in the playoffs.

    Even if it means have yet another rotten Browns postseason memory.

    For the record, the Browns lost: 36-33. ........

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Ahhhh yes cold weather memories, we look forward to more.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    @mjp28 said:

    This is something Browns fans have missed: A chance to sit and shiver through bone-chilling winter weather and watch their favorite team in the playoffs.

    Even if it means have yet another rotten Browns postseason memory.

    For the record, the Browns lost: 36-33. ........

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Ahhhh yes cold weather memories, we look forward to more.

    My cold weather memory was November 27th my birthday I forget what year Cleveland Browns vs Los Angeles with Pat Haden after Joe Namath had been benched. Starting for the Browns was dr. Dave Mays oh, doctor bomb. Browns lost 9 zip and it was colder than Hillary's heart.

    Edit 

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197711270cle.htm

    WSS

  • @mjp28 said:

    This is something Browns fans have missed: A chance to sit and shiver through bone-chilling winter weather and watch their favorite team in the playoffs.

    Even if it means have yet another rotten Browns postseason memory.

    For the record, the Browns lost: 36-33. ........

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Ahhhh yes cold weather memories, we look forward to more.

    My cold weather memory was November 27th my birthday I forget what year Cleveland Browns vs Los Angeles with Pat Haden after Joe Namath had been benched. Starting for the Browns was dr. Dave Mays oh, doctor bomb. Browns lost 9 zip and it was colder than Hillary's heart.

    Edit 

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197711270cle.htm

    WSS

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @westside-steve said:

    My cold weather memory was November 27th my birthday I forget what year Cleveland Browns vs Los Angeles with Pat Haden after Joe Namath had been benched. Starting for the Browns was dr. Dave Mays oh, doctor bomb. Browns lost 9 zip and it was colder than Hillary's heart.

    Edit 

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197711270cle.htm

    WSS

    OMG I was at that game, still have the ticket stubs somewhere in my collection I'll have to look for them.

    I was a maintenance foreman and my superintendant often gave me FREE or COMPLIMENTARY tickets.

    .......edit add, I found my LAR at CLE ticket stub from 1978 BROWNS won 30-19. Have not found the 1977 game but it might be in another box.

    Did find the 1977 PIT at CLE stub among others......and lots of INDIANS ticket stubs.

  • @mjp28 said:

    This is something Browns fans have missed: A chance to sit and shiver through bone-chilling winter weather and watch their favorite team in the playoffs.

    Even if it means have yet another rotten Browns postseason memory.

    For the record, the Browns lost: 36-33. ........

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    Ahhhh yes cold weather memories, we look forward to more.

    My cold weather memory was November 27th my birthday I forget what year Cleveland Browns vs Los Angeles with Pat Haden after Joe Namath had been benched. Starting for the Browns was dr. Dave Mays oh, doctor bomb. Browns lost 9 zip and it was colder than Hillary's heart.

    Edit 

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197711270cle.htm

    WSS

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    My cold weather memory was November 27th my birthday I forget what year Cleveland Browns vs Los Angeles with Pat Haden after Joe Namath had been benched. Starting for the Browns was dr. Dave Mays oh, doctor bomb. Browns lost 9 zip and it was colder than Hillary's heart.

    Edit 

    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197711270cle.htm

    WSS

    Edmund Hillary?

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    A: The Browns rookie had a 6-7 record as a starter. The team was 7-7 in games where he played, which includes the win against the Jets, who led 14-0 when he replaced the injured Tyrod Taylor.

    Q: OK, I’m waiting.

    A: As a rookie, Mayfield threw 27 TD passes compared to 14 interceptions. He completed 64 percent of his passes. He had a 93.7 QB rating. He endured a firing of the head coach and offensive coordinator.

    Q: So he had a better rookie season than Wentz or Goff.

    A: Exactly. He had the second-best QB rating in the red zone (115.7), behind Brees (118.5) – 20 TD passes, zero interceptions.

    Q: So this makes the Browns a Super Bowl contender?.......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    So after the 2019 draft is this the next big offseason topic?

  • A: The Browns rookie had a 6-7 record as a starter. The team was 7-7 in games where he played, which includes the win against the Jets, who led 14-0 when he replaced the injured Tyrod Taylor.

    Q: OK, I’m waiting.

    A: As a rookie, Mayfield threw 27 TD passes compared to 14 interceptions. He completed 64 percent of his passes. He had a 93.7 QB rating. He endured a firing of the head coach and offensive coordinator.

    Q: So he had a better rookie season than Wentz or Goff.

    A: Exactly. He had the second-best QB rating in the red zone (115.7), behind Brees (118.5) – 20 TD passes, zero interceptions.

    Q: So this makes the Browns a Super Bowl contender?.......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    So after the 2019 draft is this the next big offseason topic?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    A: The Browns rookie had a 6-7 record as a starter. The team was 7-7 in games where he played, which includes the win against the Jets, who led 14-0 when he replaced the injured Tyrod Taylor.

    Q: OK, I’m waiting.

    A: As a rookie, Mayfield threw 27 TD passes compared to 14 interceptions. He completed 64 percent of his passes. He had a 93.7 QB rating. He endured a firing of the head coach and offensive coordinator.

    Q: So he had a better rookie season than Wentz or Goff.

    A: Exactly. He had the second-best QB rating in the red zone (115.7), behind Brees (118.5) – 20 TD passes, zero interceptions.

    Q: So this makes the Browns a Super Bowl contender?.......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    So after the 2019 draft is this the next big offseason topic?

    Super Bowl contender might be a stretch, but the 2019 Browns should be a serious contender for the playoffs. They could very well be in play for the AFC North title. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    A: The Browns rookie had a 6-7 record as a starter. The team was 7-7 in games where he played, which includes the win against the Jets, who led 14-0 when he replaced the injured Tyrod Taylor.

    Q: OK, I’m waiting.

    A: As a rookie, Mayfield threw 27 TD passes compared to 14 interceptions. He completed 64 percent of his passes. He had a 93.7 QB rating. He endured a firing of the head coach and offensive coordinator.

    Q: So he had a better rookie season than Wentz or Goff.

    A: Exactly. He had the second-best QB rating in the red zone (115.7), behind Brees (118.5) – 20 TD passes, zero interceptions.

    Q: So this makes the Browns a Super Bowl contender?.......

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~●

    So after the 2019 draft is this the next big offseason topic?

    Super Bowl contender might be a stretch, but the 2019 Browns should be a serious contender for the playoffs. They could very well be in play for the AFC North title. 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero

    @dutch-oven said:

    Super Bowl contender might be a stretch, but the 2019 Browns should be a serious contender for the playoffs. They could very well be in play for the AFC North title. 

    With one more win we would have been already playing for the Divisional title in this season's last game, so yes, we should be contending for playoffs only looking at our division.

    It is going to depend on how our AFC North rivals prepare for next year: Pittsburgh may implode, the Bengals look like they're rebuilding next year and the Ravens, who are the most well-rounded team on both sides in my opinion, have their coach on thin ice and a rookie QB who I don't trust one bit. Man, did he look bad in the Wildcard round...

    Anyway, our division is a good one. I did the win/loss differential for each division and it is the following: 

    AFC East: -8

    AFC North: +2

    AFC South: +6

    AFC West: +4

    NFC East: -1

    NFC North: +2

    NFC South: -2

    NFC West: -2

    Looking at that, we have the third most competitive division, so getting a playoff berth is not an easy cake by any means*. Man, I'm so looking forward to next season! 🙂

    EDIT NOTE: Though we face the two worst divisions (AFC East and NFC West)

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I don't think John Harbaugh is on thin ice in Baltimore... didn't he just sign a four year extension? 

  • I don't think John Harbaugh is on thin ice in Baltimore... didn't he just sign a four year extension? 

    ATOMA ATOM wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't think John Harbaugh is on thin ice in Baltimore... didn't he just sign a four year extension? 

    yes they did and as far as their qb after we made ajustmeants in the forth quarter the team that played the ravens in the playoffs we gave the blueprint to them and of course it worked their qb is a glorified rb and we will kick their fucking ass's both times next year infact you heard it here first we go 6-0 in are division next year 

    GO BROWNS

  • I don't think John Harbaugh is on thin ice in Baltimore... didn't he just sign a four year extension? 

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero

    @dutch-oven said:

    I don't think John Harbaugh is on thin ice in Baltimore... didn't he just sign a four year extension? 

    Well, I saw him desperately sticking to Jackson and I thought he was using him as a last resource. I didn't follow the news so you are probably right. Anyway, Marvin Lewis signed last year a 2 year contract extension and see how he's doing... 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I don't think John Harbaugh is on thin ice in Baltimore... didn't he just sign a four year extension? 

    Well, I saw him desperately sticking to Jackson and I thought he was using him as a last resource. I didn't follow the news so you are probably right. Anyway, Marvin Lewis signed last year a 2 year contract extension and see how he's doing... 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Well, I saw him desperately sticking to Jackson and I thought he was using him as a last resource. I didn't follow the news so you are probably right. Anyway, Marvin Lewis signed last year a 2 year contract extension and see how he's doing... 

    I think he WAS on thin ice halfway through the season, but the end of the season turnaround bought him an extension. 

    I have my doubts about Jackson and his "ceiling", though. 

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    Hopefully Freddie grows into something a little bit more successful than the next Marty.

    WSS